Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It – Coming Soon To VH1

bret_announcement

Bret Michaels is set to headline his fourth VH1 reality series with Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It. Instead of a competition show chronicling his search for love, Life As I Know It will share Bret’s life. A special preview will air Monday, May 31 at 10/9c, and the full series is set to follow in the fall. Details are in the press release below!

VH1, 51 Minds and Bret Michaels are teaming up again for the new docu- series Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It, giving viewers an insider’s look at Bret’s home life when he isn’t touring, shooting, partying and rocking out. After the lights have dimmed on stage and the music stops for the night, Bret rolls off the tour bus right into the loving arms of his daughters Raine and Jorja, who affectionately refer to him as “Poppa Rocka.” The half-hour special will premiere Memorial Day, Monday, May 31st at 10PM ET/PT followed by the series premiere of Dad Camp at 10:30PM ET/PT. The series Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It is tentatively scheduled to premiere in Fall 2010.

“After Bret’s recent appendectomy and life-threatening brain hemorrhage, we’re so happy that he is on the road to recovery and coming back to VH1 in Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It,” said Jeff Olde, Executive Vice President of Original Programming and Production. “Bret is family to us and has always been a huge hit on the network, headlining several series and specials that have garnered record-breaking ratings and made a strong connection with our audience. We have temporarily halted production on the series with Bret’s health as our primary concern. Production will resume when it is cleared by his doctors. If anyone can fight off illness and get back on his feet, it’s Bret. But in the meantime, in response to the flood of well wishes the network has received from Bret’s fans, we’d like to celebrate Bret’s recovery with this sneak peek special featuring the next chapter in Bret’s story on VH1. It’s a never-before-seen look into Bret’s family life — the real center of his world from which he draws his unsinkable strength.”

In this first-look special and the forthcoming series, viewers will not only get a taste of Bret’s life on the road, but for the first time ever, a look at his home life, a sprawling compound where his daughters and their mother, Kristi Gibson, reside. But raising two little girls and being a rock icon don’t always go hand-in-hand. Now fans get to take a peek at what keeps Bret going. Is it the hoards of wild fans, the glory of super stardom, or is it the unconditional love from his family? Watch as Bret juggles life on the road, his career, raising two kids and managing his on again off again relationship with their beautiful mom, Kristi. Tune in Memorial Day night for a first-look sneak peek into the next chapter of Bret’s life.

Bret also has a new album Custom Built coming out June 8 featuring the hit single “Nothing to Lose” with Miley Cyrus and a remake of Sublime’s “What I Got.”

[Image via Getty]

1. splchk says:

it’s spelled “sneak PEEK,” not “sneak peak.”

2. Rich Juzwiak says:

You are correct. Thanks.

3. sorena says:

I cant wait too see this! Bret is an amazing person as well as the greatest rockstar of my time.

4. DEBI says:

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE BRET WITH HIS BEAUTIFUL GIRLS BUT I REALLY HOPE KRISTI ISNT IN IT ,, TO E SHE IS JUST USING THOSE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS AS A MEAL TICKET,, NOT SAYING SHE MAY NOT BE NICE OR CARE BUT I DONT THINK SHE IS THE ONE FOR BRET AND REALLY DONT WANT TO SEE HER HANGING ON HIM AND CLIMBING ON HIS COAT TAILS TO FAME, LOVE YOU BRET SORRY FOR BEING SO BLUNT BUT THAT IS WHO I AM, DONT WANT ANYONE USING, HURTING YOU, I ONLY HAVE YOUR BEST INTEREST AND WELL BEING AT MY HEART, LOVE YOU ALWAYS, DEBI

5. Christy says:

I cant wait to see this show. I love Bret and ant wait to get a peek into his life outside of all the touring

6. Elaine Matthews says:

I Can’t hardly wait to see Bret’s show…Bret rocks…Luv ya so…

7. Elaine matthews says:

What an awesome pic!!! Awesome Bret…

8. Jim says:

Rumor has it there is a scene where he actually has no bandanna on

9. VICTORIA says:

I am so glad VH1 has finally come to its senses…i’ll be tuning in again finally!!! now if we could get a new season of il$…..KUDOS

10. Kelli says:

This show sounds lame…. Rock of Love is so much more entertaing. Bring back the obnoxious dating realtiy shows!!!!!! We need some eye candy to watch during these tough economic times!

11. Julie Bianchi says:

I can not wait to see this new VH1 show with Bret Michaels! I am so happy he is on the road to recovery and that as soon as he’s up to it, he is willing to share his home life with his fans. He is such a talented, sweet, guy who is always thinking of his family and fans – and that is what I truly love about him! I will definitely be tuning in!!

12. christina says:

cant wait to see this show. I never watched rock of love b/c I couldn’t stand to see all the skany women on it. This will be a nice change

13. Jennifer says:

I can’t wait to see it. I’m glad he’s back on tour and tv. I love him I’m a huge fan. I hope he wins Donald Trump’s show this sunday. He totally rocks.. got to see in concert a long ago he was great.

14. Caren says:

I will def. watch it! I loved Bret being the straight man with those obnoxious women on Rock of Love. He seems like a genuinely nice person. And I am so excited to see him win on Celebrity Apprentice this Sunday! Congrats on his recovery.

15. Aylin Barrios says:

I think this is wonderful! We knew he would pull through, whom wouldn’t especially when you have to look forward to raising 2 beautiful girls! As a mom I know this is how a parent thinks!

16. wendy says:

i think its great that bret is coming out with a new show on vh1 and his daughters are adorable if kristy is going to be on it thats good she is the mother of his kids nothing is more important than family.good luck with everything bret i wish you nothing but happiness.

17. Sadi says:

Thanks VH1 for bringing back Bret! I have watched all of Bret’s shows and I a happy he will be back. All my well wishes to Bret.

18. maryann bonniwell says:

after my anuerysm burst (level 3 subaracnoid) i made up t-shirts for my support group that read ‘i survived a brain storm….ask me how’

i did it because when i had my hemorage i knew what it was because a co-worker’s mom had one and after she commented to her husband whee i have a headache i’m going to take a nap she went to bed and died

it is one of the most important things folks need to know…that when a person experiences a sudden intense head pain they need to call 911 or tell someone to call 911 don’t wait to see if it will go away!

after 39 days in the hospital (many things happened!) i went home i had to have additional coils put in but am doing fine

i went to st joseph hospital which is also the home of the national brain aneurysm center one of four of the best in the country glad to know bret is doing better i’ve been wondering what happen maryann bonniwell

19. Bret Michaels Fan Always and Forever says:

Can’t wait to see Bret’s new show! Bret could have VH1 show an hour of him just doing nothing and his faithful fans would watch. We love you Bret and wish you the very best of health and happiness. You are wonderful and strong, talented and amazing. Your daughters have a fantastic example of what a person should be like in life: Determined to always pull through anything! We love you!

20. Amy says:

I can’t wasit to see this i will be watching

21. KellyKnowitall says:

The self promoting genius does it again!

His gf – mom of his kids.. she will clean her image up to, they will marry, and they will be around forever in one way or another… maybe even the next osbournes in years to come…

everything is crafted by bret.. from what he says or does not, to what he does or does not.

I am a fan now because I am in awe at what is taking place. Even the Donald knows it and ran with it for his show…

22. KellyKnowitall says:

The self promoting genius does it again!

People… Bret is an aging rocker.. he has health issues.. he knows this. He may play a rocker bad boy on stage but you know, that is what made him his millions… Bret and Poison would we has beens if it were not for his rock of love, and now celeb apprentice stints..I am telling you, the guy is the male version of madonna when it comes to marketing himself and keeping himself in the limelight… the only difference is NOW he has this whole host of fans from a younger generation he is trying to capture (kids watch celeb apprentice, they live miley cirus, etc) Bret, is a mastermind… he knows his rock start lifestyle (rock of love, etc is getting ‘creepy’ and moms are not going to give the thumbs up for their kids to be a ‘fan’ of a dirty boy.. so he is cleaning up his whole image… watch.

I am in awe at the brilliance of it all.

23. micaela sawyer says:

i have a question for all you okay here it is vh1 is for america so is there a channel where his new reality show will play on in canada?

24. mama says:

brett is so hot

25. Lindarella says:

Kristi – you are so beautiful and I think you would look even more beautiful if you lightened your hair color just a bit. It’s too harsh and dark – makes you look older than what you are.

26. Deborah says:

I just watched the episode of Brets new show. I gotta say that he is just as sexy being a dad as he is when he’s the rocker. Kristi is a strong woman to handle his life style. I hope they can work things out. Love ya Bret. Keep getting better.

27. sorena says:

I have to say that was an awsome show. As a longtime fan of Brets I am always tuned into anything that is going on with him. Kristy has been there always so she deserves alote of credit and also she is the mother of those beautiful girl. Congrats on getting better Bret and I knew you would be the Celebrity apprentice.

28. PROUD CANADIAN says:

I am very, very disapointed that we are unable to watch Bret’s new show in Canada!!!! Whats up with that?

29. Shari Hartley says:

I watched this last night and i just love it. I really wanna see this in the fall. Bret is such an awesome dad. The more I know about him the more I truly love him. Kristi is so lucky! :)

30. Adrianna says:

I wish Bret & his beautiful family al the health and happiness they deserve! Bret should be with Krist! She is beautiful inside and out, and clearly loves Bret and is a great mom. It’s obvious Bret is a family man deep down and a great guy all around. The way his children run to him, and are so affectionate with him just melts my heart! Bret needs to take some time off and rest, recuperate fully, and be with his amazing family. I wish them all the health and happiness they deserve!!!

31. Deborah says:

Sheesh, my dad was NEVER this hot! I grew up with the wrong generation. Whatever you’re doing Bret keep it up.

32. Katie M says:

Debi,

Could not have said it better myself. Really like Bret and his daughters. Understand that Kristi is the mom, but really don’t want to see her on the show. Sorry…

33. Mary Kate says:

Debi,

34. mike says:

Bret Michaels is a good ROCK STARR. He is a GREAT Father. It takes a REAL Man to B a good DAD!! Still kicken @@+^)$@%!`(!~#~

35. Carmen Bauer says:

I cant wait for the next episode of Bret Michaels.

36. jaime brown says:

i cant wait to see the series i have watched the opener a thousand times

37. Debra says:

THe show with Bret,His the mother of his daughters,and his daughters.I just saw it once.Is there going to be more shows.You can tell there is alot of love between him and Christy.THey know each other inside out.THat is the one you have been looking for but afraid to make committment to.Your daughters adore you.Time to be together and make TIME for FAMILY.Once your girls are grown up.You missed all of that dad and daughter time.ASk Gene Simmons.Yes,you need to make a living by working.Don’t put family on the back burner.Enjoyed your show and thrilled you got Celebrity Apprentice.Most of all you are better.Don’t take that for granted.

38. Michael says:

I just met Bret on the beach in Plymouth, Ma. He was there checking out the waterfront. I stopped to talk with him, mostly about his health and little to nothing about his celebrity.

People, this guy COULD NOT BE MORE HUMBLE. I haven’t met many world wide recognized stars like him. In fact, he’s the only 1. Sure, a few local sports stars but nothing like this.

He was such a cool cat. I wish him the best of luck with his health and wellness.

39. Jme says:

i might be on this show super excited went to his show last night and they were filming!

40. Mike says:

truth hurts!!!

41. kkatee says:

This show sounds lame… Rock of Love is much more entertaing.rock of love bus,ashley and farrah they need own show!!

42. Crystal says:

I know Life As I Know is supposed to start this fall but I can not find out what date and when its regularly scheduled to air. Please announce this information. I watched the preview and loved it!

43. Seraphina says:

I have seen some of it already. Raine is quite a funny girl, especially when she takes off her dad at the Tony awards, when discussing his worst day for her assignment. Of course all “reality” shows are heavily scripted and edited, but I really like what I have seen so far, they are just a normal family. Kristi has the patience of a saint though to put up with Bret’s career!.

44. Seraphina says:

Oh and I agree that Bret is a mastermind at creating an enterprise for himself. He cottoned on pretty quick that people wanted to know a lot more about Kristi and the girls and his realtionship with Kristi. That comes out loud and clear in the show, especially with Kristi talking about them being on/off and where their relationship is headed.

Very smart man.

By the way I love how complete strangers are telling Bret that Kristi isn’t for him LOL.

45. Nicole Smirnis says:

Can someone please tell me what channel vh1 would be on rogers cable???

46. Agnes says:

I just watched the Premier>>very nice one<(haha)..Girls rule>>

47. Tammy May says:

This is the first time I have ever been on a computer. My husband of 27 yrs is typing this for me. WE know how it is to have health taken away in a matter of mins. He is 58 an I am 47 we are both on disibility. Our income has been cut by 2 thirds. We have our house up for sale but you know how the housing market is . We both love your new show an pray for your recovery an hope you and you family make it through this time. If you are ever in the Huntsville, Al area we would love to see you at your best an that is on stage doing what you live! Surly their is a hit song from all you have been through.

Tammy from alabama

48. English Teacher says:

“Hordes” not “hoards.” Unless he’s got a room stuffed full of “wild fans” per the next to last paragraph.

49. Georgiann Shehee says:

Was not really a Bret Michaels fan till the Apprentis, I did watch Rock of Love , just of the laughs and to put him down. I have so changed my mind. I truly adore him now. I like him on the show with his family, I connect with his life, his ideas, his drive and love for his family.He didnt need to look for “true Love” on Rock of Love,he always had it. What a truly nice nice guy.
    I will watch this show faithfully

50. Rose Markows says:

Mr. Michaels, I have been watching your new show and I love it! I watched your show tonight 10-25-10 after watching Dancing w/t Stars which you appeared on you gave Kurt & Anna some good rock & roll advise, loved it. What I probably as many other fans like about you is that you are so down to earth and honest, even tho you are a rock and roll legend and a wealthy one at that you make many of us feel like we are equal to you no matter what part of life we come from. But…why Im sending this is Im about your mothers age and saw her on your show tonight and the love you showed for her brought tears to my eyes, your a great son! The love you have for you two daughters is incredible and the love you and your girlfriend have is so great. I do agree with your family, you take care of yourself and don’t over do it! Your a great person with a big heart guess thats why Im and old fan.:)Take Care, Sincerely, Rose Markows.

51. tom says:

i never really cared to much for your music or your shows.You had a few songs i liked with poison but after watching your show (life as i know it),I tip my hat to you mister michaels.you have done something a lot of people in your business can do,you have kept a level head and are raising two wonderful daughters.It seemed to me that you are teaching them good values and giving them plenty of love and i am sure they will grow up to be fine adults.and in doing this you have reached the ultimate goal that many a rock star can only wish for.Rock on bro

52. Judy says:

I saw your show this afternoon for the first time. I really enjoyed it. It’s different from the other one you had but, I really like this one alot better.

Yes, your girlfriend has a right to worry about you working out to much. You shouldn’t be lifting weights after all you’ve been through. My Dad had a brain anyurism (sorry about the spelling)and a stroke. He isn’t supposed to lift anything, such as lifting weights. Please be careful, you are one of the lucky ones, just like my Dad that made it through such an ordeal. Most people don’t. Please take care and don’t over do it.

53. Julia Perry says:

Mr. Michaels, I am a 56 year old grandmother who has just fallen in love with you (IN A STRICTLY MATERNAL WAY).
    Your show is on as I am typing this and its the episode where you went to the hospital to see the children who have been diagnosed as diabetics. Now I am not a diabetic, but my sister died from the disease. None of my children or grandchildren are diabetics and I am very thankful for that. But you did an amazing and selfless act in going to visit with those young families and patients and an amazing parenting act by taking your daughter. What an amazing example of selflessness, compassion, empathy and love you displayed. God bless you dear and your sweet daughter. I am blown away by your generosity and “realness”. I happened upon the show by accident and am thrilled. I am a new fan. But mainly I want to thank you for the example to EVERYONE of your big heart and soul. Thanks for giving back sir. I am proud of you even though that may mean nothing to you. Keep doing what you’re doing. Rock on as a wonderful human, dad and family man!
    Sincerely
    Julia Perry
    Sand Springs, OK

54. Kathy says:

Love Bret’s new show: Life As I Know It! Bret is so loving and caring with his two daughters. You can tell that his girlfriend Kristi really cares about him too! Keep rockin’ Bret love watching you perform and love the show on VH1!

55. Cindy says:

This is the BEST Bret Michaels show yet….It’s great to see Bret with Kristi and the girls…It’s about time he grew up…just a little…Rock on Bret!! We love you!!

Cindy

56. julia wright says:

bret, you and christy are a perfect pair, your girls are adorable. stick with what you love the most!!!!!

57. Kathy says:

Why does VH1 keep making the complete episodes unavailable? Either you want folks to watch the show or you don’t. Make up your mind, VH1. I’m tired of coming to your site every week just to be turned away.

58. Kim says:

About the marriage thing… tell Kristi she’s not alone, Shannon Tweed has been waiting for 25+ years for Gene to pop the question. Granted yes most women want to be married to the one they love, and some say it’s only a piece of paper, but there is nothing like being able to call your man your husband. In the long run though, happiness is all that matters. Have a great life together married or not.

59. joannie says:

when is the new season of the bret michaels ” going to come on?

60. tina says:

Hope this message gets passed along to Brets people- tell him if he doesnt marry that girl, I will stop watching the show! and Im sure other women will too! Its discusting how he wont marry her- he has a life with her already – a family and he should be calling her “wife” not “girlfriend” or “baby momma”
    The poor girl, shes gorgeous and deserves to have a hubby not a boyfriend. He needs to just get over it and commit already.

61. Diane Norbury says:

Thank you so very much Brett. I have had 2 brain surgeries in the last year and you and your family have given me hope of recovery. there has been other physcial problems I have been in hospital quite a few times. but always think of things you say and what God does to help. Brain surgery recovery is doing very well, and other problems are getting better, so once again and for ever, thank you for our life as we know it

thanks, and love to you and family,,,,,,Diane

62. 1844148 says:

What a lovely day for a 1844148! SCK was here

63. blog.vh1.com says:

Bret michaels life as i know it.. Corking :)

64. The data given by the cellular phone number lookup companies motivation exist complete along with extensive. Designed for these change mobile phone number companies at what time have these kinds of confidential mobile phone numbers the telephone companies hold after be in possession of a small conclusion.

65. blog.vh1.com says:

Bret michaels life as i know it.. Awful :)

66. There are multiple webpages of companies with the aim of claim after exist the preeminent in reverse cellular phone lookups, qualification going in addition to the one to is rated the best above each is what you are going while require after perform. One of the finest companies to facilitate provides this kind of service know how to be real found theme the Internet. They know how to have the job made.

67. A few instant at what time receiving a call in view of the fact that of a some unidentified telephone number, specifically on or after a telephone number it’ll subsist almost sophisticated with the purpose of hold the facts of the mobile phone number.