What Chilli Wants Recap – Episode 6 – The Farmer’s Wife

whatchilliwants106-vh100013

I am so glad to see that Chilli’s open-minded enough to give this chess-playing nerd a chance.

For this episode of What Chilli Wants, Tionna meets with Chilli’s friends and proposes that they have a mixer, so Chilli can meet a whole lot of guys at once. Tionna calls it a “party.” One of Chilli’s friends wants to know the agenda for the evening is. Tionna says they’ll be “talking” to the guys,. T-Boz wants to know what to do about the “interviews.” Obviously they need to work out their terms here, since neither Chilli nor her friends know what “casual” means. I mean, having to arrange a party-planning committee just to find your friend a first date speaks a lot about the gravity of the situation at hand, but they could lighten up a little bit.

whatchilliwants106-vh100014

But before the mixer Chilli has a date with Keston:

whatchilliwants106-vh100010

They must have grandfathered this guy in before Chilli said she’d be less superficial about her dates’ looks. I mean, what can we figure out about this guy except that he loves tribal tattoos, dogs, and playing chicken?

whatchilliwants106-vh100011

During their biking date, Keston says he dated a girl for a year that wasn’t his “girlfriend.”

whatchilliwants106-vh100023

Here’s a red flag: Chilli doesn’t like ambiguity or “casual” relationships, as mentioned earlier. “It’s either black, or white with you I’m starting to notice,” Keston says after they get into a mini-argument. So it ends on a weird note.

whatchilliwants106-vh100028

That’s weird as in, no great first date in the history of first dates has ever ended with pageant waving.

The poker mixer seems like a much better idea, since it’ll let Chilli turn guys down at an accelerated rate. Tionna brings over this guy, Jason, who goes to Chilli’s church. Maybe this is how to teach her to not be shallow? Because it will take some work to look past this particular fashion situation:

whatchilliwants106-vh100032

This 23-year-old says Chilli reminds him of his mom. This is also not going to win her over.

whatchilliwants106-vh100037

Chilli says Brandon catches her eye because he’s so funny. But really he’s kind of a jerk, as Reggie, the guy on the other side of Chilli, realizes right away. And so Reggie decides to get her attention back in the dumbest way possible:

whatchilliwants106-vh100046

Because he’s basically in a room filled with guys just dying for an excuse to peel off their t-shirts. Reggie doesn’t even get his v-next off before this guy’s starts flexing his chest:

whatchilliwants106-vh100048

Reggie takes off the glasses and collared shirt, and it’s more obvious why he wanted to do this push-up contest. He’s totally the male version of the secretly hot unpopular girl hiding behind nerd glasses:

whatchilliwants106-vh100054

Tionna knows this has very little to do with Chilli, but, “I like the view,” she says. Basically, this is how she’s earning her commission. By the way, church guy won, and he’s secretly good looking as well.

whatchilliwants106-vh100056

Only one guy really catches her eye though. Bill is from the Braves game, but he wasn’t introduced to Chilli because of Dovette. But Bill is a better match because he’s a Midwestern guy, he’s not intimated by T-Boz, and he asks Chilli if she goes to church. Finally, something that turns her on (church)! And then Bill says this:

whatchilliwants106-vh100063

Chilli wants an attentive Christian guy. Was that so hard? And why did it take six episodes to figure this out? But Tionna is still going to quantity here, so she doesn’t have to rely completely on Bill. Later Tionna takes Chilli out to the country to meet Darren, or “Farmer D.”

whatchilliwants106-vh100071

Farmer D seems like he would be nice, but not her type: The glasses, the hat, the soulful facial hair? Not who I picture accompanying her to events. But I’m wrong here:

whatchilliwants106-vh100070

And they have weird connections to bond over, like their mutual love of raw milk and raw cheese (so, conversely, their mutual hate of Louis Pasteur). This could be like a modern version of American Gothic here:

whatchilliwants106-vh100077

They try out of the food from the farm, the greenhouse, and drive the tractor around before going to eat. Farmer D suggests doing a blessing before they eat, which Chilli eats up. This could be her future, guys:

parking

TLC’s Chilli, getting her tractor valet parked. I see a real-life Green Acres-type sequel to What Chilli Wants (Maybe called What Chilli Wants: More Rain And Daylight Saving Time). It’s something I completely did not see half an hour ago. And if Chilli ends up going long term with this African-American Christian biodynamic farmer, then I will also need to be more open-minded and less judgmental because, well, who saw this guy coming?

whatchilliwants106-vh100079

Our exclusive video interview with Chilli
What Chilli Wants show page
What Chilli Wants videos and extras

1. Janine Henschel says:

I think Chilli should pick Bill or Farmer D’, but do they know what she does or how she dress or dances on stage? They may be turned off as she doesn’t act christian or dress christian and they may just say that they are not interested because she isn’t walking the walk or talking the talk? Drinking and acting like the world is not attractive to a REAL Godly man, and he wouldn’t want a woman like chilli as she is a carnal lukewarm christian.

2. CASSIE says:

CHILLI,

I TRULY DO WISH YOU HAPPINESS. GIRL, GO ON AND TEST THE WATER WITH EITHER FARMER D OR BILL. YOU HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE TO FIND TRUE HAPPINESS. IT’S ONLY A DATE, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IT WILL BE LIKE IF YOU DON’T GO.

LET TIONNA CONTINUE HELPING YOU. SHE IS REALLY GOOD AT WHAT SHE DOES.

I WISH YOU NOTHING BUT THE BEST GIRL. HANG IN THERE, TRUE LOVE IS ON IT’S WAY. I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FELT ABOUT FLOYD BEING A NO-SHOW, ETC. YOU CARE FOR SOMEONE BUT YOU REALLY DON’T KNOW IF THEY ARE THE ONE. I TRULY FEEL YOU ON THAT.

GOOD LUCK AGAIN AND I LOVE LOVE THE SHOW. SO REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Proud of You says:

Chilli, I am very proud of you! From experience, I understand the difficulties you are facing but see your determination in moving forward! Keep working on you and God will continue to order your steps. Oh and Farmer D seems like a nice guy!!! Praying for the best :)

4. phia ka says:

i really like farmer d for chilly he naturally had most if not all her quality requirements (the list).i also like bill from earlier on in the show because of the way everything flowed…i think it will be a battle for chilli’s heart between these two/….

5. phia ka says:

To:JANNINE HANSCHEL if u are a christian sham on you how can u be so judgmental as to say she doesn’t ”dress christian” ……her heart is the most important thing not religion her relationship with God is all he cares about and last time i checked ur not God …and if u are a christian u should see what the word means it is to be christ like with that being said christ came and died and rose all for love ….ur biggest commandment is to love God with all ur heart and u neighbor so where is the love ?????i pray for you that u find God for who he is and not religion for what it is i pray to God that his love would be reflected in you and i pray that u have not done this to others ….for ur sake …what good is it to call urself a christian and when u speak ppl and they dont hear christ what good is it to call urself a christian and not see ppl through the eyes of love God’s love …………….

6. amanda says:

how can i find brandon mmmmmm

7. Alpha says:

This show is dumb. The bigger girl that is suppose to be finding some one for Chilli brings nothing to the table. As a matchmaker, in the worlds of TLC “She is a Scrub”.

This woman is a hustler. She has swindled her way onto this show. Chilli’s friends are the one’s that have brought these guys to the mixer. The bigger girl brings nothing to the table.

She is out of shape, dresses horribly, loud and brings nothing to the table.

8. Nathalie says:

Farmer D is it:)

9. HatetheDukies says:

Although Chilli seems to be opening up, she still has a ways to go. If Farmer D or Bill doesn’t work out, she can send them right over here!

-Signed a less picky, 30+ single black woman in ATL

10. Alec says:

Farmer D and Bill are the front runners. Although farmer D is sweet and cute, I think she should go with Bill. Bill is A MAN. He has the sexilicious confidence, who was totally at ease around her friends and seemed geniun.

The problem with Atlanta men is that they don’t have to treat a woman as a lady to get play. All they have to do express a little iterest and quality women are pressure by their peers to give in. Som of those guys were losers.

Farmer D never took off his hat. Does he have a bald spot under that hat? He seems cool and layed back, but he appears too shy to keep up with her. She needs to be with a man with confidence who can treat her like a WOMAN, not a girl. I love Farmer D but I think he may not be outgoing enough for her.

Farmer D is bi-racial while Bill is white. Since Chilli is located in atlanta, she may feel compelled to be with a Black man so that she may lean towards Farmer D. But I think she should date Bill. I am not sure how comfortable Chilli is with interracial relationships. He is from NY, she should get over it IR thing and date him.

11. Yvonne says:

Chilli, I think you did a good job in choosing farmer D and Bill. If nothing us, go out with them, keep an open mind, have fun, don’t expect anything. If one try to kiss you don’t trip just go with the flow, you never know what might come of a simple kiss. You just might fill the current going through your body, don’t cut off the circut before the current hit. GOOD CHOICE IN NOT GOING ON A SECOND DATE WITH KESTON, you read him right. You trusted your heart and ears with that one. GOOD JOB done like a 40 yr old not a 16 yr old, I’m proud of you. Now go get them Chilli, remember look at it has I’m going out to have fun, not doing anything at home anyway I may as well get out of the house. Have fun stay open

12. Yvonne says:

Now that’s what I’m talking about Chilli, you were open and because of it you drove a tractor, I bet you never thought in a million yrs you’d ever be behind a wheel of a tractor trailer; and you had fun doing it. I was just a date and you enjoyed doing it.

Goooo Chilli!!!

13. CandyLynn says:

you go Chili I Like Farmer D tooo He has a calming sexiness about him

14. Hassan Abdulaziz says:

Chilli never compromise your moral and character standards (no drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco or pork) in trying to get a husband. The physical demands such as a washboard six pact stomach may be a bit unrealistic combination. You have to optimize and settle for a 4 pack and help him develop a into a 6 pact if he possess all of the other moral qualities and physical. One more point do not let “physical beauty” cause you to compromise the moral character standards. You choice will not only affect you but also your son. May God (Allah) grant you what is best for you and your son Ameen.

15. Hassan Abdulaziz says:

Chilli never compromise your moral and character standards (no drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco or pork) in trying to get a husband. The physical demands such as a washboard six pack stomach may be a bit unrealistic combination. You have to optimize and settle for a 4 pack and help him develop a into a 6 pact if he possess all of the other moral qualities and physical. One more point do not let “physical beauty” cause you to compromise the moral character standards. Your choice will not only affect you but also your son. May God (Allah) grant you what is best for you and your son Ameen.

16. DonaLe says:

Don’t screw this one up Chilli…Farmer D is a dime catch.

17. Tina says:

I like That Reggie, seemed a little nervous, but it was TV. Very Cute, Looks very Mature and professional.

18. Bohwe says:

Farmer D and Bill that is a hard choice, poor Chili. Bill has that sexiness MAN thing going on. He was the only one to look her in the eye and say, “Your’e Beautiful”, he’s not shy. That’s a plus. He seem like he would fit perfectly in her world. While, Farmer D, share the same qualitiesa as Chili. This is a hard choice, Chili. Because, I can see Bill and Chili having that off the charts chemistry, but with Farmer D, I cans see it being comfortable and sweet and endearing. Either one, is a good look. I’m glad Chili decided not to go the “obvious route”.

19. Tia says:

Bill is a good choice. Keston comes off as a stuckup playboy.

20. Dejanaba says:

I am so glad that she is interested in Bill. All of the pretty black guys that she was interested in thought that they had in the bag. And this Keston guy would have played her. He would have been a waste of time.

I can see that there is chemistry between her and Bill. I think that they are going to be okay or at least have a nice little romance. She is going to be waaay open to white guys after that. I think that she will be in for a suprise with this white guy. It happened to me. White guys are subtle in their initial approach and then they shock the hell out of you with everything else….

She is in for a nice suprise!!!

21. Cathy Slack Milner says:

Hi Chilli, I so love you! I am watching your show and love it too.
    You and the Farmer are too cute. Also, you seem to be of a shared spirit. Kiss! Kiss

(Do you remember me? I live in DC now…visit soon if you’d like).

22. ashley says:

I really love this guy.darren is definitely whats up for chili. I think she should pursue this relationship.10 thumbs up.

23. Devorah says:

Farmer D is NOT bi-racial; he’s Jewish, Alec. Yes, he has always had a sexy calmness about him. I’ve known him for a while now. He’s a sweetheart. May Adonai guide him in making the right choices in this dating relationship and protect him from the evil one.

24. Jennifer says:

First I would love to say that I luv your show..And I always watched TLC growing .. much respect..But just wanted to say a few things first …Tianna Your so called matchmaker she is terrible first of all I see how she is always mean mugging first of all every time she sets you up on a couple dayes she upset wit you because you dont like something about them .. WTF .. are you serious she has a bad attitude .. yes I know she is not there to be your friend yes but at the same time she is letting her true color shine each time the show aires on VH1..She is awful trying to put you on dates and I think you already know that chilli but I dont know if she have a contract with you or VH1 thats why you havent booted her _#+&&$@__*^&&@! of the show ..because you are a strong women who really knows wat she wants in looking for a man I really dont think you need her.. some one more experienced than her .. Whats so funny is that it looks sometimes like you want to choke the s@#$ out of here do even settle with her A@@..

25. Jennifer says:

First I would love to say that I luv your show..And I always watched TLC growing up.. much respect..But just wanted to say a few things first …Tianna Your so called matchmaker she is terrible first of all I see how she is always mean mugging you first of all every time she sets you up on a couple of dates shes always upset wit you because you dont like something about them .. WTF .. are you serious she has a bad attitude get rid of her A@@.. yes I know she is not there to be your friend yes but at the same time she is letting her true color shine each time the show aires on VH1..She is awful trying to put you on dates point blank and I think you already know that chilli but I dont know if she have a contract with you or VH1 thats why you havent booted her *$^)~~@$**+&+$@ of the show ..because you are a strong women who really knows wat she wants in looking for a man and By you looking at her I know she is not what you want LOL I really dont think you need her..seriouslly some one more experienced than her .. Whats so funny is that it looks sometimes like you want to choke the s@#$ out of her dont even settle with her A@@..

26. Yvonne says:

That model guy is a prime example of what you get when you have a shallow mind and are looking for the wrong thing in a relationship. You can meet a guy that you are not so attracted to and say to yourself, he is so not my type, but giving yourself a change to get to know this person;he can be so sweet that he starts to grown on you, you may even find that he has more of the same quality’s you are looking for. Now this model had what she want on the outside, but he wouldn’t want her becuase he is not going to be committed, so therefore he does not have time and don’t care who you sing with. The person you want maynot want you, he’s looking for something else

27. ?BORIBEBY? says:

I LOVE FARMER D!! YOU CAN TELL HE IS A GREAT GUY PLUS HE LOVE NATURE AND GOD!! WHATS BETTER THAN THAT!! YOU GO GIRL!! HOLLA AT HIM!! LOL =) FORGET ABOUT THE OTHER ONES AND GO TO FARM AND GET IT ON!! LOL JUST KIDDING TAKE YOUR TIME!! HAHAHAHA

28. Samantha says:

You are some much better than this,please stop …You look like a grl lost looking for love in alll the wrong places…

29. brian c says:

Hey chilli.

can your friend find me a man to. cause im just like you im a black gay guy and im looking for the same. a man that can handle his own side of the show. and a smart great guy. tell your gurl hit me up. briancx2@gmail

30. cheryl says:

I AM WATCHING WHAT CHILL WANTS, AND HER AND TIONNA ARGUE ABOUT HER HAVING A OVERNIGHT DATE AND CHILLI IS RIGHT IT IS TO SOON AND IF SHE DONT WANT AN OVERNIGHT DATE SHE SHOULD NOT DO IT CHILLI I SAY DONT DO IT KEEP LOOKING AND IF YOU ARE TORN BETWEEN THE TWO THAN KEEP DATING

31. marie46 says:

The girl who is helping Chilli find a man…(don’t remember her name)…you know why? Because nobody has ever heard of her.. Chilli is beautiful, smart and talented. Who does this obese ranting maniac think she is.. I am pretty sure that if it were not for Chilli this fat girl would not even be on tv.. I know reality tv is all about the drama..but it is very hard to believe that someone like Chilli would need someone who can not even control her own food intake giving advise..what a joke…Go back to Brooklyn baby..you will need two seats on the airplane..by the way NICE WIGS???WTF

32. anonnymous says:

OMG.. i cant believe reggie was on there after he performs on a webcam completely nude for men on flirt4free.com and his name on there is mike mocha

33. Iva says:

Another thing, Chilli I got to give it to you. You handled yourself in a very mature way. I am not surprised at all. You have control over your emotions like an adult should. Tionna you look like a little girl storming out the restaurant throwing bread around. Whats wrong with you girl?! Can’t you have an adult conversation without rolling your eyes and making faces?Stop trying to make Chilli be like you! She is not YOU! She’s not trashy, a hoe, skanky or DESPERATE. She has CLASS and is a grown WOMAN. Grow up Tionna!

34. Live1 says:

Lose the ghetto girl Chilli, she is not in your leage.

35. Live1 says:

Chillie stick to your Morals!

Trust yourself! not the thoughts of others.

36. drwilson says:

Tionna is all for show, its all about TV for her, the way to get Chili a man is not telling the man how to act, cause then it would be fake and she would have bow out because they only did what you told them she likes. Let those men be themselves, if they were meant to be a couple it will happen naturally, I am curious whether or not Tionna has a man cause she only seems to pick men that she finds physically attractive where as Chili gets to pick their brain IF THEY HAVE ONE cause some of them were a little lacking the other ones were self absorded JERKS. Good luck Chili with Bill or Darren, but only you know if they are the one. Both are a breath of fresh air compared to the jerks she brought to the table. Hope watchers don’t give you flack cause you couldnt finda a “brother” but hey it happens.

37. Denice says:

Keston definately blew his chance with Chilli. Keston came across as a playa and was not ready for a serious relationship. Tionna has set Chilli up with two best for last.

38. FARRAH FOXX says:

YOU KNOW I DON’T KNOW IF WHAT CHILLI WANTS IS SCRIPTED OR NOT BUT I’M REALLY GETTING TIRED OF THE WAY TIANNA IS TREATING HER. CHILLI IS ARE SWEETHEART AND ITS NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR HER. WHO BLOWS UP LIKE THAT IN PUBLIC OVER A SLIGHT DISAGREEMENT? THAT’S HELLA HIGH SCHOOL. THIS BROAD HAS NO CLASS!!!! BE A PROFESSIONAL THIS SHOW SUCKS

39. Rose says:

Chilli..U r a refined woman who knows what she wants, i so commend u for that. Yes, your “LIST” was a bit out there but U should have some standards.This last episode truly disturbed me Chilli. First of all, for Tionna to suggest that U spend the night with those 2 STRANGERS..that’s way out of character 4 U, to say the very least! IMO, that’s just moving tooooo FAST! Spend the night/intimacy..as Tionna kept pushing…uhhhhh, that would prob send out the WRONG message to your dates! I have so much that i’d love to say to U Chilli but have to TRY keeping it brief here. No disrespect to Tionna, i think she truly wants to help U, but i also feel that U 2 R SO on diff pages.It would prob benefit u much more to have had a CHRISTIAN match maker as U & Tionna appear to be from opposite realms. Chilli, PLS…DO NOT allow her or anyone, including your OWN emotions to compromise to the extent of settling for an ATHEIST! WAKE UP CHILLI…Darren is nice looking & all, but the UNGODLY part should have been RED FLAGS Baby Gurl! U should KNOW what the Bible/GOD says about being UNequally YOKED! “For what does a believer & non-believer have in common…” I’d rather see u tolerate pork, or booze than to hook up with a known ATHEIST Chilli!
    This is something u cannot & should not accept if u r seeking TRUE compatability & happiness. He is telling u straight up, he does not believe in God/Jesus. This is your foundation, not Darrens…so if u settle for him, then u set yourself up for MISERY! If he’s an atheist, sweety…he is surely NOT the 1 GOD sent U, wake up Chilli..NOW, ok??? Tionna again, she means well, but IF she’s not GODLY, she will not guide u in that direction,because she only knows things of the FLESH! Chilli, u need a match maker who is on the same spiritual realm as u.. who FEELS u & respects that u R a Christian woman, who will guide u accordingly.The reason u 2 butt heads is simply due to being unequally YOKED! She can only advise u from a WORDLY view, which is not working in your behalf. She moves far to strong & fast 4 U…U KNOW THIS & i believe u FEEL this Chilli! I don’t think u even need her or any match maker…IMO! Again, if u truly need 1, then find a GODLY person who will NOT suggest u spend the nite with & rush into “intimacy” with STRANGERS! U have NO business spending a night with these guys at this point as you’re just on 2nd dates!!! They could do anything to YOU in seclusion..that was the WORSE suggestion u could have rec’d IMO. As someone else posted above, Tionna is going on what SHE feels, likes & how SHE operates…which is just NOT CHILLi’s way. It is ok to compromise on other things but NOT on your religious beliefs.DON’T SETTLE in that regard my Sistah, u will regret later in life should u & Darren truly hook up! Don’t be in such a hurry to have a mate, HASTE makes WASTE! TAKE YOUR SWEET TIME gurl! :) U could enjoy a close friendship perhaps…with Darrin or just date sometimes, but i can’t see u going too far with him KNOWING he is an ATHEIST…in his own words. He tried to put a suit on it, but come on…he does not believe in GOD!!! What ever happened to Floyd?? God bless U Chilli..LET THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDE U, not your heart, mind…& certainly NOT those who do NOT KNOW GOD!!! Stay Beautiful…inside!

40. tony says:

as a white man that has dated black women my whole life.. i have to say i would love to see Chilli with a white guy… Think the first white guy, Bill seems a little fake.. Farmer D seems like he would be the right one but unfortunately his spiritual beliefs are pretty far from Chilli’s … ok let me settle this… Chilli.. Just pick me :)

41. Tony says:

well coming from a white man who has dated black women my whole life.. i say go with one of the white guys… although Bill seems a bit fake to me.. and Farmer D and Chilli have conflicts as far as their spiritual beliefs…. so with that being said… Chilli should just pick me lol :)

42. Colleen says:

Chili,
    If you ever read this go with Farmer D! You cant go wrong he loves god, the country, and black women. I think that he is the right one I will give Tionna credit she got you this far!

43. Lady J says:

Just watched the episodes when Chili has chosen Bill and is considering Darren. I must say that both men are quite handsome and would have definitely been in the running for me as well. The gentle from Chili’s church seemed to have someone I think she would have been well in considering as well. I have dated white men for the latter part of my life. Of the two, I find Darren to be the most genuine. She has a gentle sincere spirit. If he’s too laid back, I think that he’d enjoying someone who could bring some fun and excitement into his life and have a beautiful relationship with Chili. I feel that Bill on the other hand is fun already but there seems to be a hidden agenda with him. If Chili is looking for a REALationship, I think she should pick Darren. If she’s looking for fun and games, Bill.

44. rooftop,com comedian missy wilson says:

Wheres the 23 yr old who said Chili reminds him of his mom- i bet I wont remind him of her-unless hes been bad and needs a little dominatrics spanking- lucious-must like that trumpet playa that was in their creep video that time.

45. missy says:

Where did that trumpet player go- he was a hottie too I hope ya tell one of them to e me. You not the only one looking for love

46. Miss G says:

Hello Chilli I wish you the best of luck and I hope you find happiness and good loving. I am the same way about what I want in a man.(That’s probably why I don’t have one now because I am picky and shallow.) But I hope that you will find someone that will love you and meet up to your standards. Never lower your standards. Keep it Real Miss Chilli!

47. msproducer says:

I like Bill! I wouldn’t mind meeting him myself. :)