You’re Cut Off! Recap – Episode 2 – Coming Clean

yourecutoff102-vh100110

Surprisingly, not the grossest thing this episode!

“We open this second episode of You’re Cut Off with Leanne asking Gia how she had slept the night before. Great probably! Since we learned last week that Gia had the maid bottle feed her baby at night so the little vampire won’t “suffocate” her for milk. This Oedipal complex kept me awake this week.

yourecutoff102-vh100007

This begs the question, who’s sucking out her moisture here?

Laura calls all the girls in and says violence won’t be tolerated in the house. No, instead, it’ll be celebrated, as we learned the first episode.

This week’s lesson is respect. And they’ll learn respect through this infantile chore chart and and a weekly allowance. All of them whine about how embarrassing this is, but I wonder if the girls realize that it’s the chart that’s embarrassing, not the chores. Regression has probably never struck them as demeaning I bet.

yourecutoff102-vh100012

As before, Chrissy copes by obsessively applying lip gloss. If obsessive grooming is a window into her past traumas, then her eyebrows must have lived through war and famine. They are like God’s own perfect calligraphy.

yourecutoff102-vh100011

Laura introduces some negative reinforcement into the whole chores and allowance thing: for every household chore they neglect, they will lose $25. Great of Laura to to phrase everything in monetary values to a group of girls who don’t know the value of money.

Actually, that’s not entirely true:”$200 can’t even buy a bottle of Grey Goose at a club,” Leanne says. So she does know the value of money…and wastes it, anyway!

Erica reiterates that she doesn’t know how to do housework. “It honestly ruins my manicure and grosses me out,” she says. Maybe it grosses her out because she doesn’t know what she’s doing. I am eager to see her try to mop the floors with buttermilk and wet newspaper later.

yourecutoff102-vh100094

“I literally do not know how to make a bed. I’ve tried so many times, and I just can’t figure it out,” Erica tells us, again. She had time to weigh appearing very stupid against appearing very lazy, and still went with the former. An admirable choice, indeed.

But then we learn than they’re getting cleaning instructions from Sylvia, a professional maid. They’ve had a lifetime of manipulating their parents/husband, so of course Sylvia ends up doing most of the cleaning herself.

yourecutoff102-vh100017

yourecutoff102-vh100018

I think she expected this, but she probably didn’t expect to have Erica talk to her in Spanish.

yohablaespanol

“Of course I can speak Spanish,” she interviews. “How else am I supposed to communicate with my maids?” I’m glad we found one skill from Erica: professional-level condescension! I would love to know how much urine is added to her soup back home.

“There are really not going to like the next part of this lesson,” Laura says. That can only mean that we will really like it, right?

yourecutoff102-vh100095

The girls pull up to a mansion, and we learn that Sylvia is not a maid, but owns a cleaning company, and now the girls have to spend the rest of the day working for her. “I can’t do this. I’m not Cinderella,” Courtnee tells us. She apparently never got to the part where Cinderella becomes a princess and lives happily ever after, but whatever.

They’ll all have to wear uniforms to clean up after the party. But Gia tells us she doesn’t even wear tennis shoes to work out with her trainer. I know this is supposed to impress us, but it really just sounds like she hired a terrible personal trainer. But she won’t just ignore the sneakers — Gia actually won’t put on the uniform at all, and chastises the girls for jumping into the uniforms so quickly. Leave it to Gia to frame obstinate laziness as a virtue. It got her out of nursing her child, and it’ll get her out of this.

yourecutoff102-vh100101

Erica and Gia are put into the same cleaning group, and of course they both refuse.

yourecutoff102-vh100103
I know, I know.

“I feel below average,” Leanne says. I feel bad for her until I realize that, between the house and having to do chores, her below average is really my average. It’s hard to sympathize with someone whose idea of hell is basically your day-to-day, right?

Jessica finds what she thinks is vomit, tastefully hidden under a cheese plate. Sylvia doesn’t know if it’s vomit, but Jessica contends, “They throw up at parties.” Her alarm is surprising, since I find young women who go out a lot usually have great sangfroid about vomit. Maybe it only applies to your own vomit?

yourecutoff102-vh100105

We move on to the the girls with bathroom duty, who find this crime scene:

yourecutoff102-vh100109

toilet

Hair weave — or what looks like hair weave, it could be real hair — in the shower and a vomit/poop soup in the toilet. They are cleaning the master bathroom, too. Who says a hostess never gets to enjoy her own party?

Meanwhile, Pam and Chrissy have to clean the kitchen, and while Pam dives in, Chrissy once again throws up walls. Or compacts. To get out of facing reality, such as it is.

yourecutoff102-vh100114

The mistress of the house does appear, and it is, of course, Omarosa. The one woman who could make these women go:

yourecutoff102-vh100116

…because, at this point, she’s a reality show pinch hitter, ready to step in at any moment and play her part.

Erica and Gia, meanwhile, decide to sit by the jacuzzi. “If you carry or own a Louis Vuitton, you do not pick up a mop, I’m sorry,” Gia says. I’m sorry I never learned about the Louis Vuitton pass. But then…

yourecutoff102-vh100041

“I don’t care who you the hell you think you are, nobody gives Gia the stink eye.” she tells us. Speaking in third person, always a bad sign, because the royal we is probably not far off for her. “You think her ugly ass intimidates me?” she says to Erica. That kind of big talk definitely needs backing up.

Unfortunately Gia fails to recognize their height difference, and how intimidating Omarosa’s over-pronunciation is. Her words are like tiny, perfect daggers! Gia can’t match it.

yourecutoff102-vh100127

“It’s not fun to see Gia angry,” she interviews. She being Gia, once again overestimating her own power. Gia angry is actually the most fun we’ve had this episode, almost as fun as seeing her frightened.

yourecutoff102-vh100130

Pam, Amber, Jaqueline, and Courtnee get to go grocery shopping as their reward, but they go over their $200 limit. “I never thought I’d be using the word ‘prioritize’ in my life,” says Jacqueline. But she never said she’d use it well. They decide to put back the rice and keep this instead:

yourecutoff102-vh100135

Ranch dressing and champagne. Priorities.

The ladies who did well with the housecleaning are surprised with a trip to Sunset Foot Spa, which is in a “dumpy” part of L.A. (Hollywood). Back at the house, Gia and Chrissy gang up on Erica. “There is definitely a difference between old money and new money,” Erica says of their behavior, implying that she is the former. Yup, isn’t Texas plastic surgery how the Rockefellers made their fortune?

yourecutoff102-vh100144

Gia throws back Erica’s confession from last week. “Bottom line, you’re ugly, you’re stupid, you rub me the wrong way. I’m tired of listening to whores,” Gia says. No need to qualify! She doesn’t listen to anyone.

Later Leanne, Erica, and Jacqueline have a popcorn fight, and Jessica hates the mess. Erica tells her to “take her tampon out,” which offends Jessica so much she punches the wall. So much anger in a tiny, tan package! Leanne brings it up at group. “This isn’t the time or the place” says Jessica, at exactly the time and the place when it should be brought up. Things are getting tense, obviously:

yourecutoff102-vh100155

Sylvia praises some of the girls, and Jaqueline cries when she realizes that she should appreciate her maids just as she was appreciated. Lesson learned! Gia and Erica do the worst. “Gia is just a little angry troll,” Omarosa interviews. “If you saw me for 10 seconds or less, you cannot judge me,” Gia counters. Fair statement. But to also be fair, her husband’s known her for a while and saw fit to send her to this show. Apparently to know her is not necessarily to love her. Sylvia’s statement on the Gia and co.: “I feel like they’re doomed.”

Indeed Gia is doomed: “It takes a lot of money to look this beautiful,” Gia interviews at the end. “If my husband cuts me off, I cannot look this cute.” Isn’t admitting you have to spend a lot of money on your appearance just to look pretty, also admitting that you are not naturally pretty? If I were a college English professor, I’d write “recast” next to Gia’s words…unless she’s actually trying to tell us she isn’t naturally pretty. I don’t know, I’m not buying the humility.

gia_pretty

Jaqueline wins a special treat: her own bedroom and bathroom, i.e., VIP of the house. This is all for treating Sylvia with respect and avoiding house drama.

vip

Laura hopes it’ll inspire hard work, but it really just inspires jealousy, as most VIP areas do. How do I know? Courtnee says, “I’m jealous,” four times, and Jessica says it’s a stab to her heart. She’s not only kept the drama, but turned it Shakespearean.

stabbed

You’re Cut Off! cast reveal
You’re Cut Off! show page
You’re Cut Off! videos and extras

1. REDHED says:

I CANNOT believe this show-it’s freakin awesome, yet at the same time it makes me sick to think that there are people who think they are too good to work, clean, and refuse to treat people with respect. It must be nice to have other people wipe your butt and bow down to you-eff that! That Gia girl especially, I want to wring her neck-what kind of mother puts sleep above taking care of her baby?!?! That woman does not deserve to be welcomed back to her family, does not deserve to have her child call her Mom, isn’t she embarrassed to be on national television, admitting to being a poor excuse for a mother and civilized person?? Yuck. Some of these girls are actually making an effort to learn a few things, whether or not its just so they can get their credit cards back, but still, they’re trying. I am just appalled by some of their attitudes-it makes me want to yak.

2. elaine says:

Those are some nasty gross funky dirty dogs I cant even call them woman All that tanning has fried their brains
    and they need a real change to take place in their lives and maybe one day they will become woman.

3. petepetey says:

These women are something else.

4. CS3 Fan says:

Gia is such an ungrateful and self-centered excuse for a woman. I sincerely hope that her husband lays down the law with her and demands that she change. But who are we kidding? She will probably never change and her stupid husband won’t either.

I love the way Erica speaks! She is so funny, it sounds like even her vocal chords got plastic surgery. She is super amusing and actually seems like a nice person but it’s so sad that she’s had all that surgery at such a young age. Her chin looks really messed up…and I really hope her dad didn’t give her the boob job: GROSS!

5. Ms. P says:

Gia dear, I own a couple of Louie Vuittons and guess what girlfriend, I do pick up a mop. I have to keep my home clean. Get over yourself you are nothing special.

6. Bliss123 says:

I think it is obvious that the life they live is rediculously over the top and selfish, but I have to say that Courtney seems really sweet and genuine, she may not have a concept on money, but she seems to have respect for everyone and understands she is fortunate to have all that she does.

7. wth says:

The only person who is real, even tho it’s lack of money issue is Courtnee. She has no problems with everyone and has the concept of what to do in the real world with the rest of us.

Fakest: definitely Gia…..her husband should’ve divorce her and have full custody of there daughter. one of the worst “Dead beat” mom ever

8. Sierra Nevada says:

You can already tell who will not get cut & who will. This show is fake & nobody will be cut off .

9. LaughingYetApalled says:

I think I have hope for Jacqueline – but Gia and Chrissy? Oh hell no!
    If Gia’s husband grows a brain while she’s gone – he’ll realize what amazing material VH1 is providing him for divorce court and custody hearings. I have a feeling that Gia would be like that b***** in Liar, Liar and only fight for child custody for the money.
    I would have loved to see a showdown between Chrissy and Omarosa. That would have been AMAZING.

I think it would be really awesome if at the end of the series, VH1 drops the girls in Compton all by themselves (and hidden camera crews), with a sack lunch (peanut butter + jelly sandwiches!) and the girls have to get back to the house by using the bus system. :D

10. denise says:

I think they all look like man. money not doog for everyone.

11. KarmelA says:

Most of these girls are very childish and have no social skills at all. It’s sad. The parents are to blame because they taught them this lifestyle but now don’t want to deal with them anymore. But anyway, I just want to comment on Gia……I’ve NEVER seen such a horrible, black hearted person in my life. She REALLY needs to be knocked down a few pegs. She was too lazy and self absorbed to even feed her baby at night???!! I can’t believe she would even admit to that. Someone should put her big nose *#(^*_~`~%+%#+@ on the streets with nothing for a month or two and let her figure out what is what. That is just one sad, sad, mess of a women.

12. Beauty says:

GIA IS A DOG!!!! ARF ARF….who told you that you’re pretty?!! LMAO. She looks like a tranny troll!!
    I wish one of these girls would break her jaw. Then we wouldnt have to listen to her idiotic statements.
    NOTE: If GOD FORBID she was in a accident or something happened to her….who would really miss her???!! She contributes NOTHING to ANYONE, not even her kid. She WILL GET HERS CUZ GOD DONT LIKE UGLY…believe it, like someone said before, KARMA IS A BIGGER %_~(&*&“~*^^(!!_ than you can ever be!

13. moonlitgoddess says:

Gia….what can i say? What a %&%+_#~^~~_*)_+(@ Someone needs to beat the !&~`(@`_*&^($`$! out of her. I was hoping Omarosa would…
    Erica should have done the cleaning on her own. Make Gia look stupid by herself!

14. diana says:

GIA..honey wake up. Your not a woman at all if you put sleep before your baby. Your just another typical idiot. YOUR not a hottie…please look at your big eyes that are ready to pop out of your head, your dumb to call yourself a MOM.. your not even close to being a mom. A mother knows her role. I hope your husband totally cuts you off, you old bag.

15. Emma says:

If Gia has so much money, she should go to the dentist and her horse teeth fixed. They look jacked up!

16. Gabbi says:

It is really pathetic the way these women think, and honestly put every woman to shame. I am ashamed. America as a country was built on the backs of people who put their heart and soul in to it.People that came from nothing and built their foundation. The fact people think they are “too good, too rich, or too sophisticated” to clean or support themselves on their own deserve to know what REAL struggle is. Even in this show, they still do not get a real taste. They get a budget and a nice house to live in even though it is not what they are accustomed to. their idea of “hard” is having a 200 budget… Try living on food stamps and your parents losing their job and having to help support the family. There are is an incredulous amount of problems in world. How can they $@@#!+#~@#*_`~#_ ing expect ANY support from people. Especially the woman with the children (not naming names, its not appropriate). I’m not questioning the love for your children but, chancing a diaper is part of the responsibilities of giving birth. if anyone feels it is too “gross, disgusting, or beyond” them to do it, should seriously reconsider their maturity.

In my opinion, ALL of these girls are pathetic and don’t really deserve anything they have until they know what its like to work for it..

17. HNB0330 says:

Who knew that such attractive looking girls could be so ugly? It is amazing that as soon as some of them their mouths all that appears to be even semi-attractive fades. The first thing that women like these normally say is that others are jealous, however what they fail to realize is, if they are truly happy with themselves there is no need to constantly put others down the way they do. Their lack of respect for others shows a blaring lack of self-respect and self-love.

18. kim sales says:

I HAVE WATCHED THIS EPISODE AND STILL I DON’T FEEL BAD FOR THESE GIRLS. CHRISSY NEEDS TO QUIT LOOKING IN HER COMPACT BECAUSE SHE IS NOT CUTE. SHE COULD HAVE A BETTER HAIR WEAVE AND DO SOMETHING WITH HER EYEBROWS. THE LIFE COACH IS TOO NICE… IT COULDN’T HAVE BEEN ME ON THIS SHOW.. SERIOIUSLY.. IF YOU DON’T WORK, YOU DON’T EAT, AND I GUESS THEY WOULD NOT BE EATING..LOL

19. Richard says:

These are the ugliest women I have ever seen. They all look like tranvestites. Human ++$)&~*&$_)`%*#@ at its finest,,,