You’re Cut Off! – Updates On The Girls

yco_followup_47

Since no reunion for You’re Cut Off is planned, we thought we’d take matters into our own hands and reach out to the girls on the show to see where they are now and how the show has affected their lives. We point to some answers below. Watching and reading this stuff is like seeing self-actualization in motion. How exciting for all of us!

Jessica

yco_followup_39

Click here to watch Jessica’s update video. Among the topics addressed:

• Her doing more around her house.
  • Her quitting smoking.
  • Her change in tanning habits.
  • Her interest in further outreach a la the work done at PATH.

Courtnee

yco_8_y66k6_701

Click here to watch Courtnee’s video and read her post-You’re Cut Off! thoughts. Among the topics addressed:

• Her forming her own production company.
  • Her new pageant title (Miss Black Charlotte North Carolina USA 2011).

Leanne

yco_followup_40

Click here to watch Leanne’s update video. Among the topics discussed:

• Her new hair color.
  • Her new name (Kuukla).
  • Her new lifestyle (which isn’t very different from her old one).

Erica

yco_followup_44

Click here to watch Erica’s update video and read her thoughts. Among the topics discussed:

• Slumming it in L.A. for the summer.
  • Her still-existing inability to clean up after herself.
  • Her evolution into a “somewhat price-conscious” individual.
  • Her new-found love of boxed wine.

Jaqueline

yco_followup_45

Click here to watch Jaqueline’s update video! Among the topics discussed:

• Her new-found appreciation for her parents.
  • Her new-found appreciation for $30 bottles of champagne.
  • Her new-found appreciation for being in the spotlight.

Gia

yco_followup_46

Click here to read Gia’s update interview. Among the items discussed:

• Why she appreciates her family more after the show.
  • Why she agrees with some of the negative feedback she’s received online.
  • Whether she ended up hiring the homeless man she bonded with at PATH.
  • Whether she replaced her hookah.

You’re Cut Off! cast reveal
You’re Cut Off! show page
You’re Cut Off! videos and extras

1. JoAnn says:

I was really disappointed in Gia. I think her reflection “sounds” good, but it doesn’t seem to be in application. Part of being that good mom is cooking, and cleaning for your child and having a hand in demonstrating what it takes to provide a quality, healthy environment. I think Gia still has a ways to go in her pursuit of being a better person.

2. suze says:

wow, all these girls look so old…they’re all in their 20′s? what’s up with that?

3. June says:

I personally did not like the fact that this program did not fixed anything in Erica. I mean the only thing she got different was her love for boxed wine! I also dont like how she was talking about Gia not changing with the program. But look whos talking, she did not change either! Im pretty sure she is still at home, spoiled, and not helping out in the hsoeu like she said she was. I saw this coming. Her parents are too soft on her. Thats all I gotta say. This is the firt reality show ive seen from the beginning completely till the end. new record! :)

4. Michael says:

This show represents the worst of reality TV as the OCD project represents the best.

There were few significant changes in these spolied brats and I can see now that the real problem was their patents/spouses who could not stop themselves from indulging them. I wonder what their lives will be like when they are 50 and their looks are gone unless they continue to have plastic surgery.

5. tia says:

What did happen to Chrissy. I hope her Grandma cut her off

6. Steve says:

I couldn’t even watch this reality t.v. show from end to end. It just really didnt hold my attention even though there are beautiful girls on the show.

7. Angelene says:

I think the best person in this show was Courtnee she did what she was suppose to do and she tried to be-friend all the girls and staying out the turmoil that was going on in the house . But the thing called Erica should have failed and should have been put out the program too she started all the mess and she ugly looks like a man in women clothes –DRAG QUEEN WITH HER CROWNS. and Gina was a big disappointment I really thought she was getting it and miss Chrissy what a mess her and Erica looked like men and the other girls did grate I seen the change in Leeann and I think is is gonna make it along with Courtnee

8. Angelene says:

GOOD LUCK LADIES AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !

9. mindy vasquez says:

all of you girls were super funny i love it i understand how you all felt i have a shopping problem so i understand how you girls felt i really love the show and eric jessica gia you all made it look prettiest and you all were just so funny

10. Moderate Mouse says:

What ever happened to Chrissy (the one that was kicked out earlier in the season)? Did she ever get HER act together by any means?

11. Paula says:

Love Jessica – love her! She was definitely the most “real” on the show. Plus she is hilarious!!

12. Greg says:

Never before have I been so disgusted by a T.V. show. The complete lack of moral fiber & character displayed was repulsive.
    How about an honest look at the realities of this world? Don’t have them volunteer at a homeless shelter. Make them feel what its like to be homeless. Don’t have them give away they’re clothing to charity. Take it away & make them earn the money to buy back the things they want. Strip them of their false sense of entitlement. You want good T.V.? Throw these primadonna `$&(`^#`^(+#_!(_` es to the wolves. Not nearly enough pain & suffering endured to ever affect real change to the point of doing something philanthropic with their good fortune.
    You had a real opportunity to affect positive change. Not only in the lives of the people involved but for the masses that would follow. What a squandered opportunity.

13. Bob says:

Guess the show didn’t help Gia too much considering she attacked Erica on camera out side a bar. I guess once you’re trash you will always be trash.

14. Hanna says:

So what happened to Chrissy??? I want an update on her. I think that Gia’s husbands terms were a little harsh. He said no house keeper! How is one girl supposed to keep a mansion clean and cook at the same time! Erica’s mom kinda freaked me out. I think that Courtnee showed the most improvement and it surprised me when Laura said that she should stay cut off. Overall, I was addicted to the show Youre Cut Off

15. Brian says:

This show frustrated me, and I blame the editors. If there is one truth about the world, it is that people are not all good or all bad. It is clear that the editors chose the ugliest moments of the experience for the viewers.

I guess that is television.

But it scares me to think that this show reinforces an oversimplified view of the world and people.

Are these girls spoiled? Absolutely. Are they the evil, self-centered, stupid women they are portrayed as? Probably. Is that all they are? No way.

Everybody has dreams. Everybody has a vision of who they are and what they want to be. Everybody has their own struggle to find a way to live an authentic life in this crazy world. Few of us have the strength and courage to live openly that way.

I wish there had been more one-on-one moments with coached introspection that created opportunities for us to share in the self-realization process. I wish there had been more moments of vulnerability. I wish the message of the show had been that even rich, pampered people have insecurities, fears, a longing to belong, and a desire to make a difference.

But perhaps that would not have been good television.

Instead, the message of the show seemed to be … “Thank God you are not rich because then you would be like this.”

I wonder what would happen if they took a handful of poor people and gave them an 8-week opportunity to live like princesses. I wonder what the editors would focus on in that scenario.

16. sabrina says:

wow! i was shocked at gia i thought that she would actually step up and take care of everything that her husband really wants her to fo but for her to go through eight weeks of what she did then she should get some credit that she stayed and proved that she wanted to change, and all the girls did great but erica is just gross! shes gna look so messed up in like three years well.. worse than what she does now.

17. kATIE says:

This was another total BS reality show. I saw ‘Jessica’ on the Tyra show crying about working two jobs to pay off student loans.
    More brain cells wasted in the name of ‘entertainment’!

18. Toni says:

All the people here making their comments are upset that not all the ladies deserve to graduate like Erica. Well, yeah I can understand that but you gotta realize that it is just not going to happen so fast nor in 8 weeks, remember it takes time to develop good personality when yours has been nothing but spoiled, rotten brattiness and so yeah it is gonna take lots of time. But, I gotta say that some of the ladies do deserve it and show lots of progress in doing so and I really wished that everybody, meaning the people who commenting on this to know that it takes time especially when a person never has done before and for those who are women who are making these comments, please remember we are women and we should support eachother instead of knocking eachother down. We need strong women that can handle the family, their children, their community, and themselves so that they are able to help those who needs. We shouldn’t bad mouth them when they did a big thing by being on TV knowing that people are going to be cruel to them on their behavior, so it takes a lot for these women to do this and I applaud them and I applaud Laura for her work and dedication with all of these ladies, she deserves our support and good wishes, Laura is great for what she has done and still doing. This is only the first step with this show maybe there’ll be others and will teach women to be better women to themselves and to their families, communities, this is to help them grow independent loving women with good morals and understanding for others. So, all of you that are upset, please get a grip this was a show to teach them how to be and we should be supported or at least give good advice not condenmed them that’s so wrong and it shows that you are no different then the ladies when they first appeared on the show, shame on you.

Peace & Love
    Toni

19. Bler says:

Omg, these girls were all so unattractive except Courtnee. This show was such a waste of time. Sooo disappointed.

20. sam says:

besides how come gia graduated when she never participated in any activites or chores. like omarosa’s house not fair.

21. Teresa says:

WOW – This was the most pathetic show ever! What a disappointment – I mean, those new “ground rules” were really ridiculous – as if. . . I think you all looked old and acted as expected – stupid – both the parents, husband and “whatever you call those things on the show” alike . . . (especially Gia and Jessica – GROSS!!!!!!). You all should have been sent to third world countries and been forced to eat rice, drink from the mudholes and dress in poison oak! You are all disgusting! I mean, really?

22. ANGELA says:

I THINK IT WADS A GOOD SHOW BUT I KNOW THEY COULD OF MADE THE GIRLS DO MORE BUT IT WAS THE BEGINNING WAHHT LAURA WAS TEACHING THEM. THE GIRLS HAVE TO DO THE REST FOR THEMSELVES. I THINK EVERYONE CHANGED BUT ERICA. I WAS GLAD WHEN GIA STARTED TO CHANGE AND YUHH COULD TELL JESSICA WAS TRYING TO CHANGE.NOT ALL THE GIRLS HAVE CHANGED COMPLETLY THEY STILL NEED A LITTLE IMPROVEMENT. BUT I HOPE THEY GO ON THERE LIVES BIENG GOOD PEOPLE. AND WAHT HAPPENED TO CHRISSY???

23. hanna says:

leannes hair extensions were horrible

24. nikki says:

its funny how they all look and act
    Jaqueline is a fake stuck up cry baby… cry me a freaken river

Erica thinks shes so smart really theres no brain between her ears she mad a stupid rude coment about destiny child her mother is clueless too….. her mother didnt even say you have to move out….. she basically said live with for ever you never have to work………. saying others need things that she gets eww no they dont need it…….. really it doesnt even make her look pretty at all…….. she wanna call others fat and ugly look at ur face first erica…….. shes fake stupid dumb and a funky pocketbook

25. michelle says:

this show really disappointed me at the end. I truly felt at least Erika shouldn’t have graduated what was the point of her parent sending her there if they aren’t going to give her any ultimatums for coming home. She was a joke and i’m sure she hasn’t changed at all. To graduate everyone just because they said yes to whatever their parents said was so fake to me. I think this was a waste of time and money on your part VH1

26. Keilandra Scruggs says:

What happened to Chrissy?

27. maria says:

After watching this show I realize that my dog of 7months has more class and its cuter than any of this ladies. What a waste of film.

28. Me says:

The Producers of ‘You’re Cut Off’ should have shown the girls more of what real life can be like…They got a sugar-coated “G” Rated experience this helps to explain why they are not having any major breakthroughs…Unless the world as they know it falls from under thier sweet little Jimmy Choo’s, these money sucking leaches will never change! However, watching this show, Courtnee and Jacqueline were the most level headed ladies of the show that I could actually respect…Soo, I hope if there is another season, they work more with groups of charitable needs in communities to make an impact on both parties.

29. Lisa Schuler says:

Really, really want to know what happened with Chrissy.
    Did her grandma let her come home and life continued like nothing happened??

30. tlott says:

SHALLOW, VAIN, UGLY Spirtwise , AMORAL. Unbeleiveable thatn any man would find this type of woman attractive other than maybe a quickie. Who would want to live with these people?

31. anon says:

Gia has a lot of inner issues and her husband is not helping at all. Well, he looks lost, so lost can’t help lost. It’s until those issues are dealt with then change will come, taking care of her child and controlling her ugly attitude.

Erica’s mom is worse than Erica, what a shame! eventhough she comes off condescending, she cracks me up “Gia is a wild animal, Jessica is like a caveman, I can’t talk to people like that”.

Is Jessica really 24? I’m not trying to be funny but she looks 34. Stop smoking, stop the tanning, and go take an anger management class.

Under the thick makeup, Chrissy is probably the most insecure girl ever. I can’t believe someone in their right mind will act like she does. I feel sorry for her.

It looks like Courtnee just wanted to put herself out there. She seems like a cool person. She’s gorgeous.

I don’t think this show taught them anything bcos Laura didn’t do her job well. She seems too passive with a lot of things. Their parent, husband, grandparent should be blamed for their bad behavior. I feel sorry for men that will date them.
    I feel sorry for all of them, because they are all pathetic.

32. jaymus says:

I HAVE TO WATCH THIS SHOW CAUSE MY WIFE LIKES IT BUT THE MORE I SEE OF IT THE MORE I SEE THESE WOMEN ARE JUST SO BRATTY AND SO STUCKUP AND THEY JUST KEEP GOING BACK AND FORTH AND SOON AS YOU THINK THEY ARE LEARNING SOME HUMILITY THERE THEY GO RIGHT BACK TO THEIR SAME OL WAYS THEY ARE JUST SO SPITEFULL AND GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO BE HURTFULL AND SO JELOUS OF EACH OTHER CORTNEY IS PROBABLY THE BEST OUT OF ALL THEM BUT SHE HAS WORK TO DO TOO I JUST KEEP THINKING THESE WOMEN ALL THINK THERE GOING TO DO THIS SHOW GO HOME AND EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE JUST THE WAY IT WAS BUT I DONT THINK IT WILL IF THE PEOLPE WHO SUPPORT THEM HAVE ANY SENSE THEY WILL STICK TO THEIR GUNS WHAT THESE WOMEN JUST DONT GET IS IT IS NOT YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. fayekuehn says:

More disappointing than these sad sad women — the parents who agreed to demonstrate to the whole world —what a catastrophe they all were — at raising their daughters. Gia actually said she didn’t want to raise a monster child. Her inability to be a mother and wife is a pathetic reality – which she also admitted — said she was a terrible mother and was not allowed to be left alone with her child– that she put the baby into a room and closed the door. Her husband needs to be watching her more now than ever – if she is forced to do things around the house. Too little improvement to graduate any of them.

34. Ken says:

If Jacqueline’s looking for a boyfriend Ill step up for it. Have been watching the show from the start and she is a great woman that has a lot to offer. She is definitely the complete package.

35. cb says:

I watched this show with interest because I thought maybe some of these women could be helped. NOT!! I find it so dispaccable that these women have no moral fiber. They are shallow, spoiled people, which the show did not improve. Of course, they all said “yes” to the new rules at the end of the show. They knew their enabling families would not hold them to it. If there were a chance of that, the families would have already put their foot down and made these members responsible. It disturbs me that these people spend as much money as they do on shallow items, like $800 shoes when the US has such problems with poverty and homelessneess. Look how much they could help a struggling family by avoiding a pair of shoes.

VH1, if you think that you will be having a second season of this disingeneurous programmng, don’t expect me to watch. Since bad behavior allows the women to graduate regardless of their efforts and are not required to follow rules after graduation, how are you going to get any new member to take the program seriously. They will only act out more badly, but I guess that is what TV wants. If no second season, then I think that you should do a follow-up of these women in 10 years to see how they fair when their family members are no longer around to support them. Without any job skills, they better find a rich husband or be lucky enough to have a trust fund!

36. In Love with Jaqueline says:

I am absolutely in love with Jaqueline. She is gorgeous, funny, sweet and definitely the classiest out of all of these girls. Can someone please get me this girls number? I would do anything just to meet her. She is stunning.

37. WOW.... says:

Jaqueline has the most amazing smile. That Basset Hound should get a referrel from her…

38. Rita says:

I love GIA! We have the same personalties lol i could really relate to her. I know that shes arabic but what there are so many different nationalities. I am actually Chaldean close to arabic. Does Gia have a facebook?

39. kiki says:

I think this program did nothing but made more false celebrities and made some of these girls heads bigger than it already was!!!

40. jessica & gia iz my insperastion says:

chrissy luked lik a man and care to much bout her self gia was pretty but kept messing wit erika a lil to much jaqcueine was ok but she needed to keep up the work she was old erika way to much plastic surgery she luk lik a man leann she was very sweet and awsome im srry she hasd a eating disorder tho :)) coutynee did nuthin she luked lik she had no money probables she iz vary pretty too jessica she iz really pretty she tried to stay calm at the camp out but someone slite her matteres that was not kool lauren jus shud have left chrissy on the show even tho she did not respect anyone or do wat she was supossed to do luv ya gia and jessica :((

41. mira says:

OUT OF ALL THE GIRLS I LIKED……COURTNEE SHE REALLY DID GET IN TROBLE SO GOOD LUCK 2 ALL

42. Erica says:

YOUR CAN TALK BUT I DID CHANGE

43. EmMaaaa says:

Where is Jaqueline’s graduation dress from?? It’s sooo cute!!!

44. jdmars says:

Jessica Koussevitzky better get used to being CUT OFF as she is living in a condo in foreclosure, letting her poor neighbors foot her bills while she drives around in her mercedes. She’s real classy that one.

45. Jeanne says:

This is my second year of watching this program. I’m not broke but I will never be as rich as any of these young women but I’ve dcome to the conclusion of why the world is in the shape it is today. If this is any indication of the types of people that will be running our world then we in for big problems. Who do these ladies think grow, cook, create the things they take for granted. They look down on the very people that make their livestyles possible. They want someone to wait on them hand and foot. I also blame the parents for creating heartless, simple minded youth as these. They have made it on the backs of the very people that provide the luxuries they have…maids, waitress, gardners, etc. What would they do if they woke up without a job or there families lost the money, just lay down and die, I guess. One never knows what tomorrow may bring……….

46. Jai says:

Its not just these women that should be on the TV show; their parents should be here too. They raised these women this way and let (if not shown)them how to be this way. The second season was more of the same bad behavior and parents in denial of the problem and its roots.
    Life coach Laura wanted to run kicking and screaming from the room with the behavior of these people!!!