Follow John Legend And The Roots All Month Long With VH1′s Posted

jl-roots-posted1-500

We really hope that you enjoyed getting up close and personal with Sara Bareilles during the month of July as part of VH1′s Posted feature. While we’re certainly going to miss Sara’s wonderful daily updates, we’re excited to announce that John Legend and The Roots will be hooking you, the VH1 reader, up with exclusive content for the entire month of August! In case you hadn’t heard, these two dynamic forces are teaming up for a new album, Wake Up!, which is set to be released on September 21. Judging by the footage that popped up on John Legend’s YouTube page a few weeks back, the full length album is shaping up to be something special.

But more on that later! What we want from you now is quite simple. As we did with both Adam Lambert and Sara Bareilles, we’re asking you to submit questions for John Legend and The Roots right here on the VH1 Blog. All you have to do is leave a comment below that includes your question and we’ll make sure that John, ?uestlove and the rest of the guys take a look at it. They’ll be answering back in video form later this month, so start submitting your questions today and be sure to follow them on their special Posted page all month long!

Below, we’ve got a quick taste for you of “Hard Times,” the collaboration betweeen The Roots and John Legend that we mentioned above. Enjoy!

1. Taysha Daviston says:

How do you pick music to play on the Jimmy Fallon show? What is your favorite skit that you have done with Jimmy?

2. rOobin says:

Is there a song you wish you could have done for this album, but for whatever reasons couldn’t?

3. Ian L. says:

I have a question for both John Legend and The Roots. I know you guys are fans of each other music, so for John, what is your favorite The Roots’ song or album, and for each member of The Roots’ [or the group as a whole], what is your favorite John Legend’s song or album?

4. Salia says:

Can we look forward to seeing john legend and the roots also performing live together in Europe? We’re hoping to welcome you in Holland!!

5. Mel Blunt says:

Hey ?uesto, since you guys are so in tune to D.C.–Wale, Yums, 9:30 club–when are you going to collaborate with D.C.’s Sunz of Soul?

6. Blak Mamba says:

Will Nas be featured at the 2011 Roots Picnic? Didyou guys ever patch things up with him after the Jay-Z unplugged situation?

7. pj mccallum says:

Black Thought did a fantastic intro for Wake Up Everybody at the President’s Awards. I was hoping it would be included on the album so I was disappointed when I heard the version posted at okayplayer. Don’t get me wrong, I love Melanie Fiona and Common too but nobody can top Black Thought. Why wasn’t it used for the album?

8. teo says:

Hey Quest! remember me from a milan djset a few years ago? I was wearing the “listen to sly & the family” shirt. I always want to ask you if you know something about D’angelo and if you are workin’ whit him on his latests projects…bless

9. Emiliano says:

Hey ?uestlove,

I was fortunate enough to meet you and shake your hand briefly after a Roots show in Cleveland this spring. I remember your hand being large, soft, and warm, so much in fact that my hand wanted to curl up and hibernate within yours.

As a fellow drummer, I was wondering if you develop calluses on your hands from playing and if so, are you proud of them? Or are they more of a bother?

10. Lady Day says:

@ the Roots: Love the new album. Now or Never could be the soundtrack for my life. What inspired the lyrics?

@John Legend: Definitely a fan of your music but when is your brother VA going to drop his album? I fell in love with him when I first heard Love Hustle performed live…

11. Dennis M says:

John, who are your favorite artists nowadays, and who were you favorite ones when you were little?

12. Zipporah says:

This question is for John Legend, to you what are some characteristics of a role model? What is a humanitarian to you? what do you do kind that we don’t read and hear about? And last but not least who is your role model? I am doing my research paper on a role model, and I choose to write about you.

Thank you!

13. CLyons says:

Hi john, I love your music! Your voice is stunning. Just had a quick question. Out of all the artists you have collaborated with, who would you say was the most fun or favorite (besides the awesome Questlove and Roots)

Thanks!
    Caroline

14. Wren says:

This is such an amazing collaboration! I have been a huge John Legend fan for years and Ive heard great things about the roots. I cant wait for the cd to come out. Im just curious, John, what is your favorite song you have ever written?

15. 1020138 says: