The Celebreality Interview – Tiphani

ocho_9_36

Below, Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch‘s Tiphani, talks about being portrayed as quiet, her romantic connection with Chad and the allegations that he’s just not into black women…

How was the show for you?

Overall, I think it was a great experience, something that doesn’t happen to a lot of people so I am thankful for the experience that I got. Meeting new people, all the girls, and Chad in production, so overall I think it was a great experience. It was kind of crazy and stressful at times, but overall it was really good.

What did you think of your portrayal?

I thought it was OK, but I think it could have been a little better because they show me a lot a times when I was really quiet and kind of to myself. Toward the end they showed more of my funny side and silly side, but I feel like I was funny and silly throughout the whole thing – that’s just my personality.

Even his brother called you quiet.

On that last episode, the girls were all fighting and I was kind of sitting back because I felt like it wasn’t my argument. All his guys are sitting right here so what would I look like arguing with a bunch of girls? Firs impressions are everything so I kind of just wanted to like not be involved in that.

Sometimes quiet is a nice alternative to screaming.

Exactly. I mean, they were doing enough screaming for all four of us.

I actually thought it was interesting that you weren’t involved in that conversation. What did you make of the whole Tara debate?

I was kind of on the fence with it. I understood Rubi and Brittany were really upset because they felt like Tara didn’t really want to be there. After getting to know Tara, I saw that she was really sarcastic and that’s just her personality. She would say things that people could misinterpret and take the wrong way, which a lot of girls did. I’m sarcastic too. But I wasn’t going to jump into that argument because I’m not worried about Tara. I feel like Brittany and Rubi were so consumed over Tara and so worried about Tara. My focus was Chad and I could care less if Tara really wanted to be there. Tara is Tara, I’m me, so I figured, “I’m gonna focus on me and I’m gonna focus on trying to build something with Chad that’s why I’m here. I’m not here to try and get Tara kicked off the show.” I knew Chad would see through her anyway — he is not a stupid guy.

Why do you think everyone else was so preoccupied with the matter? Are you just more focused than them?

That’s exactly what I was going to say. Also, I do think I was a little bit more mature. I think I made that comment um while we were in Miami. I was like, “I’m the youngest one here but I’m more mature than all you guys.” I just always felt like I was more mature then the rest of the girls ’cause they are always yelling at each other and going back and forth with each other, and I would just be sitting there like, “This is so pointless to me.”

And what did you think about your elimination overall?

I knew I was going home — I was up against Rubi. Rubi was his No. 1 from Day 1 and I knew I was going home. I knew anyone that went up against Rubi was gonna go home. I think I took it gracefully. I didn’t cuss him out. I didn’t yell and scream like a banshee. I didn’t jump off a pier. I think that I took it pretty well.

You seemed legitimately upset — you said that you were hurt.

I was upset. I get that Rubi’s really pretty. I can see that; anybody can see that. She’s Hispanic and she speaks in Spanish — I get it. But I think all around, I was a better fit for him as a whole package then Rubi was. I was hoping that he wouldn’t go with lust. I was hoping Russell the Love Muscle wouldn’t be making the decision, but I guess he did.

He said it was his heart though.

He can say that, but I honestly don’t believe that because of things that Rubi has told me and things that Britney’s told me. I was kind of glad that I left when I did because I was starting to get really stressed out. We were on edge like all the time. I did want to win, but still…

You mentioned Rubi being Hispanic. Do you think race played a part in Chad’s decision?

I know that he thinks that he is Mexican, which he’s clearly not Mexican. [Laughs] I feel like there is something deeply rooted within Chad that makes him want to be something that he is not. I kind of touched on that a little bit when during the conversation between Brittany, Chad and I on our date. I was a pysch major in school, and I kind of have that other sense or whatever. I can tell that there is something within him to make him want to be something else. Clearly something happened to him in the past that’s kind of deep. Of course I look at it a lot differently then most people do. Everybody is like, “Well he doesn’t like black women,” and this and that and other stuff. On the other hand, I don’t know if it’s just that. I think it’s something really deeply rooted within Chad.

Did you feel like you had chemistry with him? I know he said that you transitioned beyond the friendship level, but you seemed more into it than he did when you were in bed together at the Cincinnatian.

Honestly, he was so super tired. He had been on dates with three girls and it was 3 o’clock in the morning by the time we got to his room. He actually was even nodding off a little bit and that’s when we were like, “OK, we have to wrap this up.” He was always falling asleep: in planes and cars and stuff. I think that’s what it was, because the very next day at eliminations he was grabbing on me and pulling me and kissing on me in front of all the other girls.

Was Chad’s mom as intimidating as she seemed?

No, she was actually really sweet. Of course I knew who she was when she first came in the room. I don’t understand how Rubi didn’t. They look so alike. She was really cool. She was super sweet, very polite and intelligent. She wasn’t as spitfire as they made her seem on the show. I answered a lot of her questions, too. I was upset that they made me look immature and like I couldn’t handle a conversation with Chad’s mom. Like I said on Twitter, I went to a college prep school K-12, I was in the University of Houston’s honors college – do you mean to tell me that I can’t hold a conversation with Ochocinco’s mom, seriously? Come on now.

Any thoughts on throwing Jasmine under the bus?

That’s how it looked. I didn’t want to do it, but my hands were tied and I was kind of put in an awkward situation. A lot of people were so mad at me on Twitter, cussing me out on behalf of Jasmine. I had to call her and explain the situation to her, and she’s cool now. Then she was really mad at me.

Do you regret it?

I wish I wouldn’t have done it that way. I wish I’d say it in front of her to Chad. I’m not the kind of person who goes behind other people’s backs.

Any other regrets?

Not so much. I hate how some of the stuff was manipulated and edited, but I don’t have any regrets about the way I acted. I think I was pretty reserved and I represented African American women well. I wasn’t rude and obnoxious and loud and ghetto, like people typically say black women are, quote unquote. I think I did a good job.

Is there a story behind the unique spelling of your name?

It was “Tiffany,” but I changed it when I got into college. I just wanted to be different. I knew a lot of people whose names were Tiffany, all spelled that way and it was like, “I hate this.” When I was getting into the industry, I knew I had to change it up. My name came from my mom, who used to live in New York. She was walking on Fifth Ave., and passed the Tiffany & Co., and she really wanted something from the store, but at the time she was pregnant with me and she couldn’t afford it. She said she wanted a Tiffany of her own, so that’s what she named me.

Follow Tiphani on Twitter.

Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch show page
Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch videos and extras
Become a Fan of Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch on Facebook
Subscribe for Ochocinco uncensored and uncut footage on SuperPass

1. Dwayne says:

Tiphani was the classiest and most mature girl on the show, not to mention the most beautiful girl on the show as well. In addition to being classy, beautiful and very mature, she had more things in common with Chad than any of the other girls in the house did and would have complemented Chad’s lifestyle very well. I hope I get to see Tipani again on TV in the future. I absolutely love this girl. Chad, I know Rubi is your number one pick, but you’re misisng out on getting to know a great girl. Sucks for you I guess. Yo, Tiphani holla at me if you ever just want to chill.

2. jeff says:

This show is obviously not as real as the others even though all reality shows are not sincere. Noone will show who they truly are when they know people will be watching and isolated from what you really so. Chad may have all the looks and money but he doesn’t have the game. He should’ve pretend to get arrested and see if the girls would rat you out or out them in a situation around the people they’re usually around and see how they really are. Just talking isn’t enough you have to test who people are that’s why i don’t consider a lot of people friends even though i hang out with them. Tiff love you girl stay true to who you are.

3. miss marie says:

Tiphani was the best pick..ocho 5 will find out..ruby is putting on a front..she is mature enuff to front for a good while..no way she is able to relate to his kids..but then again, ocho prolly not looking for step mom..he is prolly not spending too much time with his 4 kids….Tiphani has a quiet maturity about her..ocho is not that insightful to see that….Tiphani knows what its like to date a professional athlete, she beautiful and she has her own career..complete package..ocho missed a great pass on this one…smh..

4. esther trevino says:

i was so glad tara was finally given the boot. she wasn’t funny & the peeps that say they hope she gets her own show, please VH-1 don’t make me barf! nothing abt her was funny she was shallow & your typical fake blonde wanting an african american pro player as she was hoping to be his arm candy. she was ignorant & sarcastic hoping she would make it to the end with her fake extentions & fake lips. nothing about her was worth keeping.

5. carrie says:

I watched some of this show at the gym. It makes the time go by. I thought Tiphani seemed like a person that wouldn’t be on a show like this. I think it is sad when women act like complete fools on these shows, yelling and acting like they have no sense.

I teach teenagers who watch all of these shows and think of these women as role models. Acting like a big ho and fighting over some guy that is sucking face with everyone.

Tiphani, I liked the spelling of your name before – but you gotta be you. It sounds like your mom really wanted you to have a blessed life. I’m glad you didn’t act a fool on TV – best of luck to you.

6. dc says:

Tif, get over it real soon , you aint missing nothing but fine meals…. and you did him just right, dont let him get his freak on kissin and pawing you and sending you home …..you got more class that to kiss a…s.
    put this behind you…..you really had had it goin on til you loosed up and started cursing and drinking and dressing loose. you were really standing out then you did the banana trick and etc. it really took you for a nose dive. dont let it happen again, set you your sights high and let it stay high dont change it…good luck and better things ahead

7. whatup says:

Tiphani, i was rooting for you earlier on until you put Jasmine under the bus. Yes, I did read what you said about apologizing to her and that all of what you said wasn’t shown. What you said reg of how it was edited was portrayed and I feel that you got what you dished out. It is easier now to say that you weren’t intimadated by his mom or friends but it sure as hell didn’t look that way. You said you attended a university and all but book smarts has nothing to do with street smarts….or shall i say common knowledge, which they portrayed you as having none. I do believe that Chad is on some other stuff and that a black women is not what he wants, which is his prerogative…he just should have kept it 100 and excluded African American women from the cast.

8. miss marie says:

if ocho has a problem with black women then he may want to watch how he behaves and what he says–because of his daughters/mom..i’m thinking Tiphani is right about him having some deep issues..maybe he hates himself..i grew up around family mbrs that hated their african american heritage and did not want to date their own race or even acknowledge themselves–how can you hate black women when you bring one into the world? (his own daughter)? i believe we all have a level of growth to do..some of us don’t accept/love ourselves and it’s a shame….i cant respect or even like a man that doesn’t respect who he is or even where he came from….money can block a persons self growth and self awareness as well as maturity..money also attracts the wrong people disguised as the ‘right’ ones…it takes a lot of time and thought to get to know someone..but first, knowing/accepting and loving oneself is the key in finding the right person…and yes, thats different from being arrogant.

9. michelle says:

liked the interview. like she said ocho got something deep rooted with him with the mexican thing. it may be from him being raised in the south. wonder what his mom thinks about it. neway glad tiphani clarified that she is intelligent, but i do think she gave up at a certain point, knowing she wouldn’t win against rubi, like she said being a psyche major she sniffed it out or may have been told by him and the other producers, people ya’ll did catch that he is one of the producers, i think an exec one, so go figure on how stuff got portrayed and all

10. Ann says:

Chad’s family and friends did not recommend Tiphani. Chad said he was going with his own feelings even though they did seem to be going along with the program and parroting what they though his preferences were all along.
    It was disappointing to finally see a quality Black man as a lead on a dating show with this final result. It really is an insult to have someone like Brittany be considered good enough to be in the finals. Calling her Sean Penn really was too kind and the witch from the original Wizard of Oz is more accurate. Brittany was only hardworking at being a witch.
    Ruby really is not all that and only looks beautiful with heavy makeup and lighting. She was unimpressive across the board on their park date. Yes, she is older and had the bags and wrinkles on her face to prove it in the daylight. Talking about coming from under a rock, she didn’t even know anything about Chad before the series. It also was not exactly a secret that he has four children after they did appeared on Dancing with the Stars. I also don’t consider cooking, cleaning, and sitting with children special skills. These are everyday duties and pleasures that I find very easy to do.

11. samantha says:

its funny how tiff said that chad is trying to be something he isn’t finally someone notice that other than myself lmao!!!

12. IAMthatDIVA says:

Use to love #85, until he got rid of my girl Tiph! What is he blind and stupid. Yes, I have a big prob right now with his final picks, although I think Rubi is gonna beat Brittany. Tiphani understood him and the game. F’ the fact that she fell into the friend category. He would have been better off because a real relationship could have grown out of it. To #85, you just fell to numero cero, zero, nada, nunca, nothing!!!

13. NICOLE says:

why the hell can’t you speak up Tiffani

14. shaybay says:

Yes, most of these black professional athletes and celeberties, don”t want to date or marry women of their own race or culture. They’re looking for something fake, t.v. like, a erotic woman; fake boobs, lips…like brittany & tara.

15. Kee says:

This is not an issue of race, it is about preference. AA women really need to step away from this subject and move past it. Who cares what he wants? He is one man and can select a woman from whichever race he desires. Only AA women continue to take issue with this and it needs to be put to rest. I commend Chad for willing to cross the lines. I love Latino Men because that is my preference. But, so what. Let’s move on…

16. Jamila says:

I must say that she is a beautiful women and I wish her the best and also I do agree some black men have that complex with not dating black women I really dont think its that they dont like they own I think its deeper then that and some thing happen or been inplanted in him my husban was the sae way b4 i ment him and he says it was his family saying they dnt love u(black women)they only hoes and want your money or making fun are features and more so he didnt want to look lie a fool so he stayed away from black peole always thinking he would be less and other race was success if it wasnt for a long snowing night and being traped lol!I dnt think me and my husband would be together or got to no each other thats real! men like T.O and other famous black men they have something mental going on but beleave they like black women..they need help! thats all

17. Renea says:

I think the story of how she got her name is so sweet. She was my favorite, too. Classy and beautiful. No one is perfect but at least she was real. Very smart, too. Funny how some people mistook her quietness and observation for weakness, the whole time she was picking their brains and figuring them out.:D

I also didn’t understand why he had his brothers/cousins on there. They didn’t look like they knew about finding/pleasing/keeping a woman at all. Typical “playboy” crap. I wasn’t surprised that they didn’t like T. She probably made them feel as fake as they were acting.

18. curtis says:

Oh my you are the hottest female that I seen on VH1 they need to give u a dating show and I’m your first contestant holla

19. monie87 says:

THANK GOD HE DIDNT PICK TIPHANY ANYWAY SHES JUST ANOTHER INSPIRING MODEL OR REALITY TV STAR,WHO KNOWS. I WATCHED AN EPISODE OF MSNBC AND YUP THERE SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT A DEFFERET REALITY TV SHOW THAT NEVER AIRED. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BE A REALITY STAR FOR A LIVING EVERYONE FORGETS YOU AS SOON AS A NEW SHOW COMES ON. ANYWAY THE GUY SCAMED HER AND WAS LKE A DAMN PERVERT TRYING TO SLEEP WIT THE GIRLS AND THE BOYS LOL WHAT A CREEP,HE WAS ALL TOUCHN THEM, HE DIDNT EVEN FEED THEM, THE CAMERA CREW BOUNCED CUZ HE AINT PAY THEM, LOL WHY WOULD SHE EVEN STAY? GUESS SHE THOUGHT SHE HIT IT BIG WHEN SHE MADE IT ON TO OCHOCINCO BUT @ LEAST THE OTHER SHOW WAS OFFERING 50,000 DOLLARS EVEN IF IT WAS A COMPLETE SCAM!!!

MSNBC-REALITY UNDERCOVERED