Real And Chance: The Legend Hunters Micro-Recap – Episode 1

In tonight’s series premiere of Real and Chance: The Legend Hunters, the boys were introduced to the concept of noodling. If you don’t know what that is, check the extended scene from the episode above for a crash course (basically, it involves catching catfish by sticking one’s hand in their mouth). And don’t say that VH1 never taught you anything.

Along the way, we learned that Real and Chance have weak constitutions — a box turtle is all it took to throw Chance into a tizzy, while you’d think chewing tobacco was a narcotic given the way it did Real in. Also, they are terrible presenters — a running gag was an in-show blooper reel of them attempting (and failing) to set the scene. And yet, they have a TV show and you don’t. Ha ha.

If you missed the episode, check below for a brief overview of what went down…

This week’s legend to be hunted: Lee’s Monster, a 150 lb. catfish

Where: Stillwater, Oklahoma

Risks: Losing fingers, being eaten (Lee’s Monster weighs 20 more lbs. than Chance!), pissing off hostile locals

Choice quotes from Real and Chance:

Chance: I can’t put my hand in that shark’s mouth. My hand is softer than a baby’s butt.

Real: Look at that. Feel that tip, dude.

Chance: I don’t get naked for men, man.

Real (on their rustic cabin): This some Yogi Bear s***.

Chance: One thing we found about fish, man, they have front doors and back doors on their cage and you have to block their hole.

Real: Brother got his grown-man on!

Choice quotes from the locals:

“There’s fish in these lakes bigger than cars…They eat people. Fish, if you’re swimmin’ around, thrashin’ around, they’ll eat ya.”

“If you guys are really gonna go out there and noodle this fish, you need to be one with him.”

“You guys earned some big-boy pants.”

“There ya go, girls. There’s your day.”

“Take your clothes off, only the shorts. We don’t need to scare ‘em out of the box, we gotta get ‘em out of the box.”

“You got your girly britches on.”

Did Real and Chance have success hunting their legend?

In a word…

rclh_1_1

The fish they both caught were many times smaller than Lee’s Monster. They supposedly felt a bigger fish underfoot after their successful noodling, but never produced proof. Still, they did earn the respect of a local who referred to them as “girls,” which is about as much of a triumph as you can expect from these two. Then again, calling other dudes “girl” is a very drag-queen thing to do, so maybe winning over said local isn’t so impressive after all.

Real and Chance: The Legend Hunters show page
Real and Chance: The Legend Hunters videos and extras

1. Ashley says:

Great show!!! I was dyin the entire time. Must see tv, for real!!!! These guys keeo me entertained!

2. TJ says:

Just saw the show. The boys are very entertaining. I’m not so sure they really caught the catfish as protrayed, but nice acting job!

3. gobrownbaby says:

this show isn’t very good but funny they need to put the boys on something else where they have to compete like a vh1 version on bachelor pad. it would have reality all-stars only Megan, frank the entertainer, new york, daisy delahoya, taylor made, it, buckwild, Delicious, just to name a few.

4. pamela says:

This show was hilarious!! I laughed with my son the whole time watching. I will definately keep watching all the other episodes. This is one of the most entertaining reality shows I have seen. Chance is naturally funny and these two brothers have a future in comedy.

5. antonieta says:

the show is funny…the stupid stuff they do..anywoo did real get married? he was wearing a ring on his finger?hmmm inquiring minds want to know

6. BIGSMERKSGIRL says:

ALL I CAN SAY IS REALLLLY???? THIS IS THE WASTE OF AN HOUR ON VH1

7. SARCA CAMPBELL says:

Personally,, this show sucks…. it is sooo fake and i dont know which is worse NEW YORK GOES TO WORK or this one but you really need to step it up VH1!!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

8. cheryl says:

OK, I like Real and Chance, but this new show of theirs is awful!!!!! Who wants to watch 2 guys go out and annoy innocent animals? Don’t they have something better to do – like anything? Boring, and bad bad “acting”. Please!

9. Carrie says:

I’m 52 yrs old, and have watched tens of 1000′s of tv shows since the dawn of Television, . and I have to say ..Real and Chance: The Legend Hunters is one of the most entertaining shows that Ive seen in a looong time.. the first 2 episodes were hysterical ..I love these guys! Cant wait to purchase Legend Tee’s! Action figures for the grandkids! etc…

10. Laura says:

Oh ya’ll make me laugh so hard I cry! Very entertaining! AND you do not need anybody but Real and Chance they the ones that make the show funny!!

11. Jillian says:

I love this show… Can’t wait to see the next season… Hope it comes out really soon….

12. I like when you talk about this type of stuff in your posts. Perhaps could you continue to do this?

13. Whenever you type the cell phone number in as soon as the directory, the authorised persons name, city in addition to state are going whilst live revealed.

14. The companies offering the service of quash cell phone lookup claim they know how to discover several cell phone number. As its a wholly new system en route for skillful after stumble on a reliable provider. What time a persona locates a company offering this service the cell phone number can be alive obtained quickly.

15. Initial, accede to’s kill off a genuine fabrication: You be able to not finish a change telephone number lookup in support of various unfilled anywhere, anytime.