La La Vazquez and Ciara (who can be seen alongside her friend in La La’s Full Court Wedding) are taking part in Dan Savage’s YouTube-based It Gets Better Project. Inspired by the recent rash of suicides by bullied gay youth, the video project encourages people to upload their accounts of how things got better for them with age. Originally directed at readers of Dan’s Savage Love column, celebrities have gotten in on the online encouragement. Though La La and Ciara’s message is simple, it’s valuable (especially since such a stance could potentially alienate their conservative/anti-equality/violence-loving fans, and they didn’t have to make their voice heard on this subject, in any event). Nicely played, girls.
VH1 ON FACEBOOK
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- Basketball Wives LA Episode 4 Sneak Peek: Jackie Has Had It | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- VH1 Fashions Of The Week: Lady In Red | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- The Raquel And Terrence Sex Scene We've Been Waiting For | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- Dr. Jenn On The Couples Therapy Season Finale | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- Watch Draya On Wendy Williams | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog