Mario Lopez: Saved By The Baby – Coming Soon To VH1

mario_lopez_show

The previously reported Mario Lopez docu-series now has a name and a premiere date: Mario Lopez: Saved by the Baby will premiere Monday, November 1 at 10:30/9:30c on VH1. Details in the press release below…

From the hottest parties to the dirtiest diapers, VH1 is giving viewers a fly-on-wall look into the life of one of Hollywood’s former sexiest bachelor’s as he makes the transition to super dad. Mario Lopez: Saved by the Baby premieres on VH1 November 1 at 10:30PM ET/PT.

Mario’s bachelor days came to an end two years ago while performing in A Chorus Line on Broadway where he met and fell in love with dancer Courtney Mazza. In VH1’s new series Mario and girlfriend Courtney will let cameras follow as they transition from dating to co-parenting. From sonograms and baby proofing to vacations with the in-laws, Mario and Courtney will begin this exciting and sometimes overwhelming new chapter in their lives with America watching.

Thrilled about their new role as parents, Mario and Courtney will have to learn how to balance their new life with their busy careers and hectic schedules. With Courtney being a performer and Mario being the host of EXTRA and America’s Best Dance Crew and author of 3 books including a New York Times bestseller Extra Lean, they will definitely have their hands full. Whether it’s waking up at 3 am or changing diapers between takes on set…for Mario it’s an all-out, no-holds-barred crash course in fatherhood! With Courtney by his side and VH1 cameras rolling, the new parents are eager to find balance to their new lives while still enjoying their relationship and new addition to their family.

Mario Lopez: Saved by the Baby is executive produced by Cris Abrego for 51 Minds Entertainment, LLC., an Endemol Company, which also produced the record-breaking series Rock of Love, Charm School, Brandy & Ray J: A Family Business, The Surreal Life and My Fair Brady. Ben Samek and Rabih Gholam also executive produce for the series and the company, while Julia Silverton serves as co-executive producer for the show. Mario Lopez is also Executive Producer along with Mark Schulman at 3 Arts. Lisa Gregorisch-Dempsey, Senior Executive Producer of EXTRA (which is produced by Telepictures Productions), will also serve as a Consulting Producer. Jeff Olde, Jill Holmes, and Kristen Kelly are executive producers for VH1.

[Image via Getty]

1. Lane says:

I like Mario Lopez but he can’t carry a show on his own. LAME.

2. Kristina says:

saved by the lame.

3. jmc says:

When will VH1 get a clue that no one wants to see Mario Lopez or LaLa, we want to see crazy people act a fool on crap like I Love Money or Daisy of Love.

4. bored says:

Yawnnnn…..this show just like Lala’s bunch of spoiled rich narcissistic Z-listers who want attention.

booooooring….

I can’t wait to see my big friggin wedding…and I love money 4 and other crazy shows..not this lame tame reject mario!

5. dat bossy chik tye says:

yall would make a gud couple

6. peyton says:

this is the prettiest couple in the world.

7. Rodney says:

I totally agree with you Mario can’t carry a show on his own. Furthermore, he’s overqualified to do a reality T.V. show like this. Why would VH1 give a show to a person who is actually overqualified?.

8. Martha Zatarain says:

Congratulations…we will be watching this new show…..

9. Carlos Sillero says:

I am waiting to see this new show…probably will be the best of Mario….

10. Tiny Tears says:

Is he even straight? I just saw part of the show.. seems phony, like a Hollywood marriage with the woman as a “beard”..

11. lovingmario says:

I love them so much! This show is so hilarious! They are the cutest couple! I love me some Mario. Mmm.

12. Reality Check says:

Seriously- give this clown a year and he’ll be on to another chick-of-the-month and probably won’t even remember his kids name. If anyone is buying his act you really need to wake up. This guy is pure sleaze.

13. Michelle Earhart says:

All I have to say here is this; Mario made a comment on how ugly the name Courtney is and how being left handed is masculine to him and gross. I have a 17 year old daughter named Courtney; I think the name Mario is very Nintendo and gay plumberish. Speaking of gay, I saw him and that band he wears around his head and thought he looked hella gay as gay’s gay. So knowing he’s having a baby is a shocker to me; never saw that one coming. His dimples are beyond cute. They’re pot holes; huge enough for a kindergarden class to fall into and never be seen again. And lastly? My daugher Courtney? She’s left handed; if it seems masculine to him maybe he should try to switch over to the left hand. Then less people would assume he plays ass darts three nights a week and move down to only one day a week. He’s a host of a show here and there, not Mr. Blackwell. (By the way, Mr. Blackwell? HE’S GAY!)

14. Peter says:

I think the world of Mario Lopez but like Rock Hudson, Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves et al, wish he and the rest would have the gonads to simply come out instead of getting into these prearranged relationships and marriages of convenience. Would we, his audience, seriously think less of him for being honest about something which is none of our business to begin with? But given the ongoing facades, it forces us to get involved.
    In any case, Mario…all the best.

15. toogie says:

i always have been a mario lopez fan, he is likeable, cute , and has a nice personality

16. hadassah says:

I can’t believe Mario .dont need a reality show.He is a good actor.why waste His talent,showing His laundry in areality show
    Her girlfriend is a bratt ,That couple will be broke very soon after the baby ll’ born.poor little baby,
    Be a parent is not a sitcom of 30 minutes in a tv show,
    My q? is ..Why Mario.Why He sign contract for this garbage.enough is enough

17. Carolyn Wuerfl says:

OMG! I am a 63 yr. old grandmother – mother of a son & daughter & this girlfriend of Mario’s is a PAIN! I’m sure she liked Mario’s celebrity-dom when they were dating!! and his money – but give this guy a BREAK. Love the baby & DUMP her. Priority????? Either let him WORK – or let her collect welfare!! She is a friggin SPOILED BRAT! Poor baby!

18. A Mom says:

you need to grow up Mario….. Your dipples dont make u a daddy…. Ya ok ur making money for ur family but being a daddy and good partner comes first… What happens if u lose all ur money? least u have the family u fit into ur sched behind you…. right?

19. Jessica says:

OMG I accidently watched some of this show cause I was on the computer and did’nt turn off the tv… and what a mistake!!! This is the dumbest show EVER!! How does he even still have a career that is shocking but, not as shocking as how selfish his girl is I caught the part with her looking out the window with an amazing view in an obviously expensive house whining about her man being at work… really?? Grow up he’s a loser yeah but he’s a working loser… Let the man bring in the money idiot… I turned the TV off right after that it was just disgusting!!!

20. Elle says:

I WAS a Mario Lopez fan up until I watched a couple episodes of “Saved by the Baby”. It didn’t take very long to see how self-absorbed, controlling, and stubborn he is. His girlfriend and baby deserve a husband and father who is more available and can make them a higher priority than himself being seen in public.

21. Shawn says:

Mazza… Courtney or whatever her name is so annoying. All she does is complain and it’s nerve recking. She knew his status before she got pregnant and now she is complaining that he is working. Who is going to keep you in that nice house with a nice view, if he doesn’t work?? Not her for sure. Who is she anyway??? Talking about he is lucking and she was singing and acting on Broadway, well honey, you haven’t made a name for yourself yet so… shut the heck up and let the man do what he needs to do. I’m not a big fan of Mario but I do like him. I would like her too if she didn’t nag and complain so much. So this is just coming from a person who see right is right and wrong is wrong and she is wrong for all of her complaining. Grow the heck up Mazza you are about to become a mother. You are so annoying!

22. SAM says:

WAWAWAWA – ALL SHE DOES IS COMPLAIN. HE IS TRYING TO PROVIDE AN INCOME FOR HIS FAMILY – LET HIM WORK AND QUIT PUTTING THE GUILT TRIP ON HIM. SHE IS BEING REALLY SELF CENTERED. HE WILL BE THERE BUT HE CAN’T BE THERE 24/7. GROW UP.

23. Laura Mistler says:

I have always loved Mario and was so proud of all his acomplishmens. I’ve been watching this show, Saved By the Baby. I understand that he has obligations to his work but he is not getting on the bus with Cortny. During the seen of the breast feeding class and that lady on the phone told him to get his ass there right now, they needed him. He jumped and ran out and lef her to do it all on her own…. AGAIN. He needs to get his priorities straight. She has patients of a saint. Give her some more of your time Mario… still love ya though. Congrads on the baby. Love to you all and Happy Holidays.

24. Guest says:

I don’t like Courtney and never will. She acts like an Italian Princess and expects everything her way.. I agree with the person who said she is NOTHING in Hollywood. You live in a beautiful home, with your hair and makeup done professionally and yet you whine and whine. Shut up, grow up and I just pray Mario will not marry her and see what everyone else sees. She is not nice to his fans and from what I have read, his fans DO NOT LIKE HER. Long before the show aired, people would comment how she would never smile and glare at them when they talked to Mario. Mario will take the time with his fans-always. I think he will leave her for another woman. Do the show by yourself Mario and kick her ass out. You can support Gia with no problem. You don’t need her sorry, ungrateful, ass in your life. She is ruining the show.

25. Jen says:

I have enjoyed what I have seen so far and look forward to seeing more. Seeing Mario transition from single guy to significant other and to dad to be is quite endearing. I think that Courtney could be a little more understanding at times, but I do understand how difficult if not down right impossible it can be at other times. :) congrats to you both and best wishes on your future.

26. Jen says:

I must say I was incredibly disappointed to see the both Courtney and Mario attacked verbally here. To the two of you I must say that I applaud your patience and hope that you take it from where it comes from. Know that there are those of us who wish you well and think highly of you.

27. cindy says:

love the show

28. Dawn says:

Mario Lopez’s wife ,,,, what an idiot. Selfish, self absorbed.

Where does she think the money came from to buy that f- ing swing!

What a shame Mario ended up with such a harlot.

29. cee says:

I watched a show and I know it is difficult to balance work and family. But, we all know that if Mario is not working there will be no money and nice home. So, I feel she needs to stop complaining and he needs to stop being so cheesy. There are alot of people out of work and would love to be able to provide for their family.

30. People Should Know says:

I knew Courtney, we were in college together, shows etc. I will never forget how she treated me right before an audition. Out of the blue she started saying how she felt so connected to my husband like she’d known him her whole life, the sneer on her face was pure evil clearly she was thrilled to hurt me. I can only imagine she felt threatened by me since I am much more beautiful sexier and talented. I’ve had woman treat me badly before over their own insercurity but she stooped the lowest. She is rotten to the core – just like your Daddy Mazza! LOL can’t wait until she has a child she’s not gonna know what hit her. And Courtney honey worried about Mario, you should be, your features suck and he hasn’t even asked you to marry him! From the above story you should remember who I am, such jealously you surely couldn’t forget me or my perfect features – hahahaha

31. JULIA says:

Courtney needs to lighten up and grow up! The guy need sto make a living and she is being too selfish. She needs to woman up! being a mom is not fr the weak!!!!
    Pregnancy is not an excuse for her attitude. She has serious trust issues and that will drive a man away faster than ANYTHING!!!

32. Kai Eliott says:

Courtney is so annoying! Stop complaining, if his career is such a problem then leave him. You two are not married anyway. She is enjoying the good life, but cant take what comes along with it.

33. Amanda says:

I love this show,, Mazza is soooo sweet and understanding,, and Mario you are soooo lucky to have such an understanding patient woman! Get on your hands and knees and pray and thank God for sending you such a wonderful woman!!! And I will tell you,, I have never in my life hated a woman as much as I can’t stand Carmella,, she is a woman and should have total understanding of another woman during her pregnancy. And the statements she made to Mario about him taking off for the birth of his daughter. And the other woman telling Mazza to cross her legs during the red carpet event… that was sooo out of line. The only woman I can even think that would say such things as this are women,, that cant even get a man ,,, much less have a baby themselves. And Mario,, I honestly feel for you! You run crazy trying to please everyone… you need to stop breath and remember,, Gia is the reason your exist! She is the real meaning!!! And no matter what job your throws at you,, fine,, but they are not going to be there in the end,, cause its all about ratings! I say tell Carmella to go f— herself,, and go host another show,, cause you have what it takes,, remember they need you,,, you dont need them! And Mazza is a greatg woman! And you keep being good back to her and your daughter……..Pat on the back Mario!!!!!!!

34. Amanda says:

Hello its me again, I just read what everyone else wrote,, and must say disappointed in all of those women who say things about Mazza, apparently they have never been pregnant themselves. I think she has not asked for too much,, and she and Mario,, continue to let your light shine! And as for the woman that wrote about Mazza being jealous of her,, think again! Pretty is ,, is what pretty does,, and you might be a gorgeous woman, but, your insides are very ugly! So get a clue!!!!! And please take issue up with me,, I will welcome it!

35. Crystal says:

Mario and Courtney are really lovely together. I watched back to back episodes of the show lastnight and it was quite enjoyable. Mario is a good man.

Crystal
    Trinidad

36. N Smith says:

I love this show!

The only thing I don’t like it that VH1 airs the show 15 minutes late, 10 minutes early, etc. It’s never consistent. I have to set up my TIVO to record 15 minutes early and 15 minutes later.

37. Christina says:

So I just started watching this show and OMG!!! I can’t stand Courtney!!! Mario you better watch out cuz now that you have a baby with her, she is NOT going to let you live in peace. She’s controlling, nagging, and she’s never satisfied with what you do. I understand you’re gone all the time because of work so you can’t be a “normal” Dad but SHE KNEW that from the beginning. Or maybe you’re running away from her whenever you can cause she’s difficult to be around with. Be careful with what you do because she’s not someone I would want to be friends with.

38. Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It’s very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

39. 569543 says:

What a lovely day for a 569543! SCK was here

40. 2709491 says:

What a lovely day for a 2709491! SCK was here

41. 4621375 says:

What a lovely day for a 4621375! SCK was here

42. 3016738 says:

What a lovely day for a 3016738! SCK was here

43. 1281036 says:

What a lovely day for a 1281036! SCK was here

44. 4547803 says:

What a lovely day for a 4547803! SCK was here

45. while try and achieve the switch cellular phone look out of bed you necessitate to throw away a trusted listing provider. Once there is extremely no countrywide cellphone directory open

46. A little of the benefits of doing a annul mobile phone call would be real after gather a few information on many people on whilst or else added the numbers themselves, you be capable of be the owner of of the results and the of your search rider through online world in additional a couple of minutes, you know how to download and read important specifics such because the name plus addresses of the people so when you may well be exploring on behalf of.

47. Download and read a reputable interweb based invalidate mobile phone directory blog after is definitely undemanding after use up. Follow a line of investigation not at change telephone directories in which extra has 1 particular field once to fill in, to’s where the number of this man otherwise women you’re checking in support of ought to go.

48. Christian Louboutin has become a worldwide famous brand which was found in France in 1992. The designer of the Christian Louboutin Shoes has stayed true to his goal what is ‘make shoes that are like jewels’ since 1991.All the Christian Louboutin Sale are worked by craftsmen and made by hand. The Christian Louboutin Sale are high quality and fashionable. The Christian Louboutin’s trademark glossy red soles are an undisputed stamp of fashion excellence. The Discount Christian Louboutin will make you look sexy, beautiful, fashionable and also can make your legs look longer. Such shoes, I am sure all women need.

49. Certain paid bing web pages offer entire listings relating with the aim of fantastic data of those which utilize the cellular phone number, municipal way records, plus criminal arrest background data.