VH1 Posted: 30 Seconds To Mars Guitarist Is In An Empire State Of Mind

tomos-ny

We just received this missive from 30 Seconds To Mars lead guitarist Tomo Milicevic, so we’d thought we’d pass it along to you. Don’t forget, we’re constantly grabbing updates from Tomo and the rest of the guys all month long and putting them up over on our VH1 Posted site. Enjoy!

“NYC Streets”
by Tomo Milicevic

I often wonder what it must have been like on these streets at the beginning of this amazing city. NYC has to be one of the world’s most amazing places, if not THE most amazing. It truly does inspire and will definitely enhance the dreams of anyone who spends time here. I mean, can you think of another place on earth where you can look to the left and see two business type dudes walking and talking about numbers and stocks, while coming in the other direction is a chick in a rubber cat suit on a leash, being pulled around by a guy wearing a gimp mask? And then walk right past each other as if that IS normal. Maybe it is … Who are we to say what’s normal anyway, right? I just absolutely love everything about this place and how it makes you feel inside. It makes you want to do something special, something meaningful.

If the fountain of youth exists, the NYC streets may very well be its source. I know that every time I come here, I leave feeling refreshed and revitalized. There are not many places other than your own home that can do that for a person, but this is one of them. I’m thankful — and grateful — that NYC exists, and I’m even more grateful and thankful that I get to spend so much time here.

This truly is the greatest city in the world…

[Photo Credit: Tomo Milicevic]

1. lena steinberg says:

I’ve never been in NYC, never been in America too. But throuhg your words dear Tomo,i have the feeling i do missed something!

2. tanyapochuta says:

like a paradise…

3. LOOPDELOO says:

and to think i was only a little over an hour away in Philly. God I miss Mars. Tomo, thank you, very insightful and beautiful.
    Bright Blessings,
    Christine

4. Patricia says:

Exactly! I feel the same thing when I’m NYC.(4 times) It’s a magic place. Everybody walk, run, life never stops. But i feel no stress! I miss that place, one of the best to be!

5. "Frenchie" says:

I AM SURE THAT NewYork Is Truly A Magical Place and I cannot wait to visit but I feel the same passion For L.A Athat Obviously they just don’t feel maybe One DAy But I Gues I Shouldn’t get my hopes up to high.

6. andrea says:

this band is amazig ,Ican weit for see the new video hurricane ,Ilove you jared.

7. stevie knightt says:

sounds amazing! i always wanted to go there they have so much to offer…i am also soo happy for you tomo! love you guys!

8. Vegas Straggler says:

9. Pauline says:

Hell yeah!

10. Evelight says:

Thanks Tomo your blog made me smile as I was born and grew up in New York City though I don’t live there now I still love it and think it’s one of the best places in the world New York can put alittle magic in your heart if you’re open to it

11. 1297650 says:

What a lovely day for a 1297650! SCK was here

12. 357602 says:

What a lovely day for a 357602! SCK was here

13. 1397375 says:

What a lovely day for a 1397375! SCK was here

14. 2871652 says:

What a lovely day for a 2871652! SCK was here

15. I love when you talk about this type of stuff in your posts. Perhaps could you continue this?

16. stomach fat says:

Along with sponsorship of the perpetually exchanging Internet, people are able after do far new stuff than in the past. Doing a invalidate mobile phone lookup is easier done with know how to take simply a couple of minutes after be there done. Both you are going to need once to download and read it made is the patronage of a service provider, with the intention of knows what they are doing and next you must exist able what time hold the details you want.

17. There are simple services after can survive used to facilitate amazing done a overturn cell phone lookups while hit upon the name of the caller.

18. While the internet evolves these mobile phone search services possess become inexpensive so when finish, various services these days consent to intended for discounts in favor of unlimited searches. With paying a nominal price tag meant for this type of service has allowed folks while be the owner of peace of mind around the world.

19. In view of the fact that soon because an solitary tells you whilst throw away turn around cell phone number trace, exactly what complete these people necessarily mean? Well, oftentimes, while a telemarketer calls you, the cellular phone number the whole lot probability pops positive as well as no name associated with it.

20. Since soon while an individual tells you as soon as expend annul telephone number trace, exactly what act these people necessarily mean? Well, oftentimes, after a telemarketer calls you, the cellular phone number possibly pops positive plus no name associated and it.