VH1′s Jump Start Live will be coming to a TV screen near you from 10-11am each and every weekday from now until the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards air on Friday, January 14 at 9pm. If you haven’t been watching the show, what’s stopping you? Each morning, host Carrie Keagan and her partner-in-crime, comedian Gabe Liedman, talk through some of the stories that everyone’s talking about during a segment called the Morning Buzz. In case you missed it, here’s what they covered today:
- Two big singles dropped today, Britney Spears’ “Hold It Against Me” (which Best Week Ever’s Michelle Collins described as the perfect music to “apply Black Swan eyemakeup to my face while listening to this pre-party and then smearing said eye-makeup off my face with vodka shots at the various clubs”) and Kanye West and Jay-Z’s “H.A.M.” (which, according to Yeezy’s Twitter, crashed Facebook).
- It’s a baby boom, y’all! Little Fockers star Owen Wilson and his ladyfriend are expecting, as is Oscar winner Marion Cotillard.
- Gwyneth Paltrow is set to reprise her role on Glee.
- Vanilla Ice dished about his eight-month romance with Madonna way back in 1990, describing her as a “great love” but saying that they broke up because her controversial book, Sex, was “digusting.”
- Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark is now the highest grossing show on Broadway.
- Will superproducer Timbaland work with troubled teen starlet Demi Lovato? The answer is … maybe!
- Shakira and her boyfriend of 11 years call it quits (temporarily, at least).
- Michael Douglas has beaten throat cancer!
Don’t forget to tune in to Jump Start Live on Wednesday morning at 10am/9c to see guest appearances from Tough Love‘s Steven Ward.