Via ONTD comes this extremely comprehensive piece at dailybreeze.com that details the progress of Megan Hauserman‘s lawsuit against Sharon Osbourne regarding their physical altercation at the Rock of Love: Charm School Reunion, for which jury selection begins today. Some facts for the TL;DR crowd:
- The judge is urging a settlement, but Sharon’s lawyer says the parties are “six figures away” from an agreement.
- Megan’s lawyer says he’s dropping Megan’s claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress (claims of battery and negligent infliction of emotional distress, though, remain).
- The jury selection might take more than a day to complete, because of the celebrity nature of Sharon and her family. Reality TV strikes again and again…in all kinds of ways!
- This bit of information was censored from the broadcast but now has been made public, according to Sharon’s court papers: “(Hauserman) [said] that the only thing Mrs. Osbourne had managed as a celebrity was to watch her husband’s brain turn into a vegetable.”
- Sharon’s case alleges that Megan started the incident for publicity.
Doing something for attention on reality TV? Imagine! Hm, but you know, I don’t remember reading that Sharon’s participation on this show was pro bono charity work. How curious.
Anyway, this case looks fun! Cannot wait to follow it as though it is an actual reality show (and, let’s be honest, that’s pretty much what it is). [dailybreeze.com]