Love & Hip Hop – Meet The Ladies

lhh_group

Now that you’ve seen them in action via the Love & Hip Hop supertrailer, you can get to know the show’s cast a little better by reading their bios. But first a refresher on what the show’s all about via our spring greenlights post:

When people think of the hip hop life, they think of the players – the men who shape the music andtheblinged-out lifestyle that comes with success.The fact is the hip hop life is different for the women involved: the spouses, girlfriends or artists trying todefine themselvesin a world where men are still calling the shots. VH1's new, eight-part docu-soap series Love & Hip Hop follows five dynamic women whoare connected to the world of hip hop, whether it's through the men they love, ortheirstruggle to be heard as an artist. Love & Hip Hop provides adramatic,funny and sometimes heartbreakinglook intothefemaleside of theNew York hip hoplifeas these five women try to claim their own place in it.

Get to know those five women below…

Chrissy Lampkin

lhh_chrissy

Christine – Chrissy – Lampkin was born in Harlem to African American and Cuban parents. Separated from her parents and raised by her grandmother, she developed a keen sense of self preservation and used her bright young mind to learn the ins and outs of street life. Her outgoing personality and quick wit led to a notoriety that eventually caught the eye of fellow Harlemite, rapper Jim Jones. Their romance blossomed quickly and soon they were inseparable. Naturally, Chrissy's keen fashion sense influenced Jim's style of dress. Realizing she had a talent for styling, she committed to styling Jim and continues be a positive influence in his professional life. Her pet project of redesigning Jim's recording studio led to a successful foray into interior design.

Emily Bustamante

lhh_emily

Born in NYC, but raised in Virginia, Emily always knew fashion was her calling. From the time she was a young woman, she was determined to make it her career.

Emily became a mother very early in her life. Yet, unlike many teen mothers, instead of derailing her plans for success, she became even more determined to find her own identity and make her dreams come true. By working diligently, Emily soon established herself as a styling expert for local entertainers and athletes in Virginia.

At age 21, a chance meeting with Grammy-nominated rapper Fabolous would change her life forever, eventually resulting in Emily and her young daughter relocating from Virginia back to her hometown, New York City. Emily was not only thrust into a new, high-profile relationship, but she also had an opportunity to take her career to the next level. Now living in the fashion capital of the world, Emily quickly developed a reputation as one of the most respected and sought after fashion stylists in the entertainment business.

Balancing a demanding schedule along with motherhood and a serious relationship proved to be an immense challenge. As her career continued to skyrocket, she chose to remain behind the scenes to support her partner and combat the negative stereotypes often associated with being the girlfriend of a successful entertainer. As the person behind the camera for red carpets, music videos, and awards shows, Emily quietly built a clientele that includes some of the biggest names in music, television, and sports today.

The proud mother of two, is planning the launch of her own clothing line, “Emily B”.

Mashonda Tifrere

lhh_mashonda

Singing in talent shows, church, and at many a different open mics, Mashonda now realized that it was all worth it. This is the road she had to take before she found her way to the real world of music.

Mashonda is the name behind some of hip-hop’s most memorable hits. With a discography that could make any R&B debutante blush, Mashonda has remained mostly a behind-the-scenes force. The Boston born, Harlem raised singer/lyricist signed her first publishing deal with Warner Chapell music in 1998. She then signed her first recording deal with Columbia Records. Mashonda was originally heard on albums like Eve’s Let There Be Eve in 1999. Since then, she’s appeared on and written lyrics for Jay-Z, Cassidy, Mya, Lil Kim, LL Cool J, and DMX. January Joy, Mashonda's debut album, was released internationally in November 2005 under the Clive Davis label J Records. It featured tracks produced by Swizz Beatz, Raphael Saadiq, and Kanye West, including two singles: “Blackout” featuring Snoop Dog and “Back of Da Club”.

Mashonda is now focusing on writing and producing film. She still follows her passion for music as she writes songs for many different recording artists. Mentoring has become a love of hers as she speaks openly to women all over the nation about self empowerment and positivity. Mashonda admits that her number one priority is her 3-year-old son Kasseem Jr.

Mashonda Tifrere's story is a classic. A young girl growing up in the urban city of New York, chasing her dreams and her love and ultimately finding her reality. The pain that came from her very public divorce from her super producer, ex-husband Swizz Beatz, has given Mashonda the wisdom and strength to school each of us a little bit on life. Moving forward she believes that her life has just begun.

Olivia Longott

lhh_olivia

While most little girls were playing with dolls, Olivia was using her playtime to write music and poetry. She realized very early that she truly had a passion for the arts. At 19, she landed a meeting with an Arista executive who then introduced her to the legendary Clive Davis. He was so blown away by the 19-year-old’s vocal ability and raw talent that he decided to sign Olivia immediately as the first artist to his newly established label, J records. Clive took her under his wing mentoring her and showing her what the music business was all about; ultimately helping mold her into a super star. Her gold-selling song “Bizounce” was the lead single for the release of her self-titled debut album in 2000, which eventually sold close to 500,000 copies.

Later, after signing a deal with Interscope records, 50 Cent crowned her The First Lady of G-Unit. With Chris Lighty and the entire Violator team behind G-Unit’s only female R&B artist, she quickly flourished. Hits like “Candy Shop” and “Best Friend” brought the versatile artist to radio around the world.

Since leaving G-Unit, Olivia has been focused on creating a new persona that has expanded beyond just hip-hop.

Based off of the hypnotic first single, – Take It Off – , Olivia is forging a new flame in R&B. Her pursuit and love of music will cement her within the industry for years to come. She will continue to prove that she has numerous talents to show the world.

Somaya “Boss” Reece (LA Jefa)

lhh_somaya

The No. 1 Latin music artist on MySpace, Somaya Reece has leveraged her popularity on the site to build a thriving career as an actress, personality, and musician. – My tenacity and drive has helped me start to achieve what I have always dreamed of,” she gushes. – I love my career! –

Somaya Reece, hailed as “the next Sophia Loren,” is a voluptuous vixen with 40-28-46 dimensions. It’s easy to see why this Salvadorian beauty from South Central was recently named the Hottest Latina in Music by Maxim en Español, UK and Philippines. In 2008, Somaya was nominated Internet Hottie By Spike TV Guys Choice Awards. Askmen ranks Somaya No. 74 of the Top 100 Hottest Women Celebrities, Telemundo calls her “the Latina Jessica Rabbit,” and she was called the “hottest woman on the web” by E! As a commercial actress/persona, she has appeared in high-profile campaigns for Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Colgate, Pepsi, Budweiser, and Coors Light. As a role model, she has won the hearts of millions by candidly sharing her life story and struggle on E! Television.

Somaya Reece released her first single – Tramp – off her distribution deal with Ingrooves in early 2010. Tramp rapidly climbed up www.ReverbNation.com charts, hitting the No. 11 artist spot in Electronica dance for the UK. Along with the release, director T-Burton created the masterpiece of a video/film to “Tramp,” a high-budget video, filmed on red cameras in a fashion-forward style. The video stormed its way into the viral market gaining 500,000 plays in less than a 48 hour time frame and debuting on – the TMZ Of Hip Hop – VladTV.com.

1. lhm says:

lord have mercy. hot mess from beginning to end.

2. RON says:

SOMAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY BABY!!!!!

3. RORONKC says:

i CANT WAIT, THIS IS GONNA BE THE ISH

4. shyante says:

uhmmm this should be interestingggg….. lol hhmm

5. Robin says:

CHRISSY!!!! LOVE U GIRL UR PEEPS FROM MV!!!!! U HAVE NOT CHANGED!!!!

6. pink says:

does any one know the name of the sad song that was on the show?

7. NICOLE WHITE says:

I was suprise i toatly did’nt hate it.But i felt like crying for Emily(Fab girl) Really he goes around claming he single, have u dress him for big awards night but leave u on the side lines,WHOA i don’t know how some put up with the crap.When i use to see pictures of Jim Jones & his Girl i always thought she was a lady, ummm yeah but she is a wild thing,lol i just might watch again.

8. nicole white says:

Please someone on this vh1 blog explain to me when i leave a comment it disapears. I mean is it something iam saying or u just put what u feel like on here.please explain cause i won’t comment anymore.

9. Dee says:

Why would Olivia go on a show and lie about dating Darrelle Revis and they only messed around for about 2 or 3 three weeks that is lame. If he was irrelevant then why are you even saying on a t v show you dated him.

10. Bad B***H says:

This is going to be a good show, These Chicks don’t care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. ohsotrue says:

Olivia date him back when they were taping this show, now she is I believe dating someone else. Emily seems as if she really loves Fab and still has no mastered a heart of steal. It’s hard being with someone who you know will cheat on you. He totally has no respect for her. At this point she seems the nicest of the girls. Chrissy, I don’t know, seems to me she has had to fight off girls from JJ so she should be way better at it instead of going ghetto style on Somaya. Chrissy seems very mess and insecure. Hasn’t JJ always been categorized as dirty and grimmey??? She better work better at styling that brotha or give the job to Emily bc Fab always looks fabulous. At this point I don’t have anything against Somaya she is working on self improvement but she can’t sleep with pipes & installation, that stuff will kill you, lol.

12. VERNICERICE@YAHOO.COM says:

love it

13. Tina says:

Chris, don’t fight with every woman, girl you see. My matto, if you get him you can have him. You don’t seem very secure with JJ. But my original question is what do you do? Or is it true your a Kept Woman? I mean Emily is a stylist, Somya is a rapper, Olvia is a singer/rapper and Moshanda is a writer. But it never really states what you do. Which leads to my next statement. If you had more to do with yourself you would worry less about who he works with..after all he is trying to get on his grind. What about you?

14. quels23 says:

oh damn i forgot mashonda….i seen that video she did with snoop booooooooooo anyways sweetie u acted a damn fool when dude left u u obviously wasnt doing something right that alicia was willing to do dont get me wrong i dont like cheaters but if u were so called fighting for your family why did u do it like that i wouldnt want to stay with ur ass either after u talked about me my wife and my baby u lucky they didnt sue ur ass for doing them like that all on the internet but i can see u just like them basketball wives u a gold digger who didnt want to lose her meal ticket and outted him to the press for money and to get ur weak ass name and weak ass music out there and how u getting all that money and was looking a hott ass mess

15. Ver Her says:

Somaya Reece go so hard!!! Love her!

16. baby gurl says:

Chrissy is so ignorant like a jive turkey she need to sit down and find her seat in the corner. get her ass a job i would’nt want no one hit wonder (Jimmy) He ain’t doin to much ballin now is he.. That girl(Somaya) just tring to eat just like he was when he started thanks to “camron” Sad she lacking scared Chrissy someone want your lil Jimmy.. LOL

17. areal stylist says:

O..MY..GOODNESS,CHRISSY,if you were a real stylist you would have known that, that outfit is just wrong for you,like,the thigh high boots don’t look good on such a short person.plus you are by far the wickedess person on the show.the only thing good about this show is emily and somaya.BUMBACLOT CHRISSY!

18. Taunya Curry says:

I like the show. I think that Chrissy is messy. She needs to learn her place and stay behind the scenes. Is she Jim’s manager or something? I can understand you giving your input if asked. But I trully think that she overstepped her boundaries when it came to Somaya. I think that Chrissy felt threatned by Jim deciding to work with Somaya because of Somaya’s look. You can’t mess with someone’s lively hood because you are insecure. I do think that Jim was wrong for dropping Somaya because what Chrissy said to him. He told Somaya he would work with her and she did everything he asked. Jim turning his back on Somaya after talking with his “girl”, I think, was really messed up.

19. Lila says:

I watched the last episode on 4/3/11 and I was alittle taken back because the girl Chrissy and her boyfriend (some rapper guy) acted like they were the ghetto Bonnie and Clyde of New York. Respected is earned not taken and not bullied into it. I am glad that I have no knowledge who he is because I would throw all his CD’s out. I would never add anything to their pockets.

20. me says:

Somaya, you and your manager are a trip. Ol’ boy open his mouth and got scarred when he was confronted. I wouldn’t want a manager not real as me.

21. bloved says:

i will support somaya all day long. Chrissy comes off as an insecure from the beginning. We never see somaya with beef but when jim got her(chrissy) ruffles feathered she imediately attacked her. chrissy if ur not like that cool but it seems like u took the hood approach to all of this. i believe in my strong sisters but as far as i’m concerned this is straight up mess. Mess can only be entertaining for so long.

22. tyra says:

I feel that chrissy was just looking out for her man somaya rapping skills at the club was sad off beat. How she is goin to mad chrissy when all she did was place opinion………..Oh well get a new manger thats not messy.

23. Tanaya C. says:

I am recently a fan of the show, and caught up thanks to on demand. I would just like to say that I dont feel as though there is anything wrong with her putting her man on point. Especially since the show that Somaya put on was really wack. Im sure Beyonce gives her honest oppion to her husband when ever needed. I think its crazy to refer to her as messy, unless you dont have ears because again that show really sucked, Im not saying that she does not have some talent but then niether did Chrissy, she stated to her man that She needed more practice. So her not having a job, or being in the music industry is for the birds. Thats her relationship and she has every right to protect it….Boom BOOM Pow

24. disseque says:

I would like to say that this whole watching reality shows thang is nu for a sista. I work all the time as a nurse and never have time to help my hustlers pay their bills by watchn their showz…but my sistas of LOVE & HIP HOP…you’ve got me. I just so happen to run across this show and I couldnt change the channel. This show caught my attention because I’ve always wandered what its like to be behind the scenes in the hip hop industry. Having said that I would like to say that I find it interesting that all of the ladies on the show have some of me in there. Chrissy, don’t let people rob your spirit. I personally respect you for sticking by your man. I get you girlfriend. Hang n there and continue to remain loyal and supportive of your man. I know that you at times feel insecure about your relationship because he has not popped the big question…but don’t let anyone get you down…that man loves you and is just trying to protect even if it means from himself. Emily, I’m a peace maker just like you, and I’m loyal just like you…but just remember you be loyal to yourself first. Mashonda I appreciate that you have remained ladylike by not trashing the one you trusted and loved. Hang n there fam. This too shall pass.

25. disseque says:

adding on from my previous comments. Olivia, I think of you I think of how imperfect I am. Unintenionally, I’ve made mistakes too;but remember that the next time you cry wolf…your girls are going to have a hard time having your back/defending you when you really need them to…so in the future…just tell the truth and that in it self will give you the reconigtion your looking for. As for you Somaya, I would just like to say that I comment you for being a strong,independent, survivor. I commend you for not throwing in the towel. I praise you for not compromising when you made it clear that you will only go so far. I just hope that you stick with that. As for you all collectively, I just want to say congradulations on your show being aired. I love the fact that so far you ladies have been making attempts to talk things out instead of constantly fighting like the females on Basketball wives. All that he said she said stuff is for the birds. I wish all of you lots of success without losing yourself and morals.

26. dee omega says:

wow is really all i can say somaya is u r cute but baby grl stay a video grl we have lil kim an just to name some stay u u can make it in the latin music not in todays hip hop much love go big or go home

27. Ms. Lee says:

these gurls are haters, they need a real job or just grow up they are all two face witches Chrissy needs that thing off her face Nasty. Somya keep doin you i got your back let smell you as you walk by

28. DMD says:

The whole show is wack. JJ is always ridin around Englewood trying to holler a some chicks. Chrissy get ur on thing, cause JJ career was over about 5 years ago. That girl he was taking a picture with at the luau party is a known dirty bird.

29. Kay Stroodles says:

First let me say I hope yall ignore most of these dumb broads on here leaving petty immature comments. I appreciate this show. I wasn’t sure about it at first u kno cause of basket ball wives but I like what yall are doing. Mashonda thank u for showing the good bad ugly.. i kno it took alot to show ur house in that condition. I appreciare u for that and not covering it up with $$$ and fluff. Chrissy I luv u! Olivia never knew ur story or that u had that voice! This is a good look for u. Emily ..what can i say.. i’ve been there it sucks to waste ur youth on a dude but you make the best decisions you can make at the time that they are needed cheers ma.

30. I was very happy to seek out this internet-site.I wished to thanks on your time for this excellent learn!! I definitely enjoying each little bit of it and I’ve you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you weblog post.

31. Hazeleyes26 says:

I believe that Olivia has a true gift and talent to sing. Olivia has heart and soul that is so clear and evident in the song “December” that anyone can actually feel true emotions when you hear it. As for Somaya, Im not knockling Somaya for trying but their are too many fake a$$ artist out there in the world that get the nod in this industry because others choose to ignore the art of this business….and thats making “Great music” .I gotta give a shout out to my girl Olivia cause You have God given talent that the world hasnt really seen yet. Now People will see who the real Olivia is and that’s a woman who has a soul that mirrors others like the real women in the world. I wish Olivia all the blessings she needs on this new begining and a long journey of sucess that will await her, I just cant believe people been sleepn on this girl and now she will rise to a plateau that no one will ever forget. Olivia dont let up till you’re at the Top…..This is your moment, this is your time right Now!!! xoxox

32. Camille Bodiford says:

Chrissy is the star of the show, She is pretty, has a nice personality, is sensitive and happy for her friends, Her and Jim make a nice couple. I wanna join her fan club.

33. soul sister says:

thank you !!!! for not going their like n keeping it real most of you( NEW YORK WOMEN) love the show please say their will be… love n hip hop 2?

34. miko says:

i luv somaya’s hard to kill personality! i also look forward to seeing Kimbella on the new season!

35. Crazillz says:

This season is off to a good start but i feel bad for emily because she is so fine and sweet to be going thru what she been thru need a real man, by the way i am single

36. lawanna says:

aww it sad that society is hating why hate on them because these women set themselves up. emily we understand love but damn its only so much that a person can take girl move on he a baby daddy and even if it was not him it would be somebody. he had his cake and was swallowing whole slices because he was allowed to. put ur foot down and mean what you say stop going back and forth with him

37. bj says:

LOVE THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A LOT THIS AND THAT MOSTLY GOOD THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. Vee says:

Ok girls good job what you got for us this year

39. sexy o says:

chrissy are you planning on getting pregnat next season

40. erica says:

i loike this show really much

41. Elizabeth Lemmon says:

Olivia, I heard the poem you turned ino a song in regards to your mother…..I have a poem for you to turn into a song I would love for you to hear an I knnow it wouuld be a hit. Please ell Christ she is number one.

42. nicki minaj says:

I would love to a star on show the love hip hop how could you help me. I all way want be actess it nicki minaj for real. The chicks on show is crazy. Who dress the chicks on show they all look good. I love chrissy on the show. Olivia should not leaving g-unit . Olivia need 50 cent to sell album.

43. syl in sa says:

chrissy,
    seems like it really went to your head about being Jims girlfriend.
    You bow down to us the fans, if not for us you would not have what you have.
    you seem to lack compassion for your friends and Jims family. without them you have nothing.

44. tonya says:

love yous all :):):):

45. nana says:

i love this show and i like chrissy olivia and emily

46. larry hokes says:

hay just want to say hello and let you know you and the other lady look geart tale olivia larry said i would love to be here . by the do you like fat guy ha ha if can send picher of you all to me at larry hokes 3003 arch street little rock ar72206 .ps i will going back to la mid fall to study law ihope to see one of your show hay like dan hartmen said i can;t have you but i can drame about u all pace