Congrats To Fantasia On Her Grammy!

ffr2_1_o10_9

With eight Grammy nominations under her belt, Fantasia finally snagged an award last night in the category of Best Female R&B Vocal Performance for “Bittersweet,” a song whose release and video shoot were chronicled in the most recent season of Fantasia for Real. Fantasia sang the hell out of “Bittersweet” (and virtually anything else she lends her voice to). This award was a long time coming.

In other Fantasia news, last week it was announced that she’ll portray gospel legend Mahalia Jackson in an upcoming feature biopic. Word is that she’ll gain upwards of 45 lbs., for the role. Sounds like fun! This may not be Fantasia’s only time at the rodeo (or in this case, biopic) — Aretha Franklin says she’s eying Tasia to portray her in the Queen of Soul’s own upcoming biopic. If that happens, Fantasia’s own eventual biopic should be called Lady Sings the Blues Singers’ Blues.

1. DayDayDC says:

Congradulations my baby!!! Well deserved Fantasia and over due!!

2. Rhonda says:

So, happy for Ms. Fannie. She’s a true talent. Her voice is so magnetic and exuberant. She reminds me of Aretha with the SYNERGY of Patty L. and Tina Turner. You go girl.

3. Lindy says:

Fantasia is the bomb. I am so excited and happy for her. Her CD is the truth, every song on it is fabulous. I love that you said she “sang the hell out of Bittersweet” because that’s the truth. She gets better and better. I hope Aretha Fraklin hires her for the role. Because this is her “idol” she would tear it up. Congratulations Fantasia!!!

4. purpletasia says:

Congrats Fantasia!! You deserve this I hope this isnt your last one!!!

5. Stacey says:

first of let me say i love you and your music but your choice in men is not good you had a single man who wanted to get with you and you want to be with someone who had a family even thought he was separted you should have waited until he was legal.i think you should have gotten with the man that your manger pick for you i think he is a better pick for you.

6. rashard says:

congrats tasia you are the best and always will be

7. MS SEXY says:

CONGRADULATIONS U DESERVED IT KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP U WILL B GETTING MORE GRAMMY’S I HAVE SO MUCH FAITH IN U YOU WILL B AT THE VERY TOP REAL SOON.U ARE THE NEXT QUEEN.