Royce Reed’s Recaps – Basketball Wives Season 2, Episode 9

bball2_9_o1o_30

We are so excited to have Royce Reed blogging here at VH1.com throughout the upcoming season of Basketball Wives. From her insider’s perspective, Royce plans to recap her life both onscreen and off. Below, Royce takes on the ninth episode of Basketball Wives, Season 2, and she talks a little bit about recent drama with Shaunie and the rumor that Shaunie’s boyfriend, Marlon Yates, attempted to woo Royce

Pot, Meet Kettle

First: what is whining? What exactly classifies as whining when the whole time I was sick I still tried to be a good sport. FYI, I wasn’t the only one who got sick on the trip: Tami also sat out a day and no one had ish to say about that. Wonder why? If you think for one moment I’m going to play along with people picking on someone, try again. That’s not fun to me. Secondly, it’s on film. They had a lot of ish to talk about Tami behind her back and never said it to her face. As a matter of fact, they talk a lot of trash about each other that they never say to each others’ face sooooo, POT MEETS KETTLE when you try to call someone else out on playing both sides.

With that said, who in the hell in this world is perfect? Am I really being called the mole when I own up to my s***? I believe I’m the one who went back and told Suzie I threw her under the bus. I was wrong and I was woman enough to say I did it. I wonder if Shaunie ever told Evelyn she told threw her under the bus with that convo she had with Tami in the street? Doubt it, but you’re worried about my expressing MY personal feelings to someone I consider myself to have a bond with concerning ME! POT, MEET KETTLE.

Also, I have to say I’m proud of Suzie. I’m not mad at her for telling me what Tami said, and I don’t believe Tami should be either. I think that really was a step up in our relationship and she really had my back. She stood up for her opinion and against Tami. Although Tami may not have agreed with Suzie, she had to respect the fact she stood up to her. I still would expect Suzie to tell me as I would tell her. If someone might attack anyone I consider a friend or anyone who is remotely close to me, I would tell, too. Tha’ts what I consider “ride or die.” Thanks, Suzie. Sorry, Tami, LOL.

Jenn and Eric: Yes, we have come here yet again and finally the tears have fallen. I wish her well in the future but I do think her marriage could’ve been saved. I believe when you surround yourself with people who have no hope for your relationship, it’s destined to fail. That’s all I have to say about that.

Dwayne and I: WOW did things move fast…maybe too fast. He’s met the parents, the brother and the friends. He’s made my dad uncock the gun and I made my stove-top BBQ, hahaha. Where do things go from here? Stay tuned. Yes, I’m a tomboy but I STILL like my diamonds.

Ashley and Rafer: POW POW POW! Super happy for her. Yes, I like Ashley, that’s not a secret. For the whole season, it’s been rumored that she was the cleaning lady or that she wasn’t really with Rafer anymore. I for sure was giggling and saying, “HA!” when they walked through the door of Dulce.

Pretty much this episode sets us up for the season finale. Tami has built some bonds, lines have been drawn and people’s true colors are now showing. Should be interesting to see what happens next.

NOW moving on to the extra, off camera drama of late: I do believe some statements that were made in blogs was immature and petty but I’ll deal with that in the future! I will say this, though: from Day 1, I signed up for a reality show and I vowed to keep it 100 percent real. Nothing I say or do is fake in my mind. I’m far from perfect and I make my mistakes. I’m human like everyone else. I think I’m more real than even what you see on camera. I actually do stand up for myself more than you see on the show. To say that I’m not the person portrayed on camera would be discrediting the show as “reality.” Therefore, it’s NOT just business. It is personal. I’m not acting, there is no script. This is me. Like it or not!

As far as that other drama, as I keep telling everyone: y’all should’ve known it wasn’t true when they said he bought me expensive shoes. Y’all know I like my Nikes!

Follow Royce on Twitter!

1. Traci says:

I’ve always been…and always will be, Team Royce. She is the only one to own up to hers and the only one that I can clearly see minus the puppet strings. That is why they want her gone, that is why they have teamed up against her. I love the way she’s handled herself in this post because it shows that she has the class I’ve always thought she had. People stay mentioning her fashion sense, but what exactly does that have to do with the intellect she is working with. I say keep up the good work, Season 3 or not.

2. Viewer from Vegas says:

I think you are acting just as petty as you claim everyone else is. I love when you do the immature thing you cry “I’m human.” Yet when any of the other girls are “human” it’s a character flaw. Hummm.

You do not know about Jennifer’s marriage or Ashley’s relationship anymore than anyone knows the true relationship between you and Dwayne. You are at best speculating. If you can dish it, take it.

It is clear that you are in a different league than Tami, who is in a different league than Jennifer, Evelyn and Shaunie. No one is better than the other but you are all clearly different.

How about owning that and leaving the immature speculative jabs behind?

3. Shica says:

Royce, continue to do you. Leave those chicks with the bitter beer face as you climb (not sleep) your way to the top!

4. Basketballfan says:

Glad to see you back girly… What can I say Royce, I’m sure you’ve learned alot this season.. Friends aint friends just cool people… I know you was kinda hurt after trying so hard to fit in deep inside, but at the end of the day you have to chaulk it up as a learning experience… Its not the mistakes we make in life, its the ones from which we learn nothing. The “Circle” if nothingelse, the circle taught me a valuble lesson, believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.. I thought Shaunie, Eve, and Jen were cool chicks… But as time went by I started to see how they manipulated situations.. I was hopeing you would come around and get outta of that Circle.. You have to realize no matter what they say about you, young aspireing dancers look up to you.

I just hope you try and squash the beef with Gloria Royce, because the Circle basicly turned you against her… I don’t know what the future holds for you Royce Reed, but I wish you the best of luck.. I’ve grown to like you as a character… Keep your head up lil mama and remember, What don’t kill you only makes you stronger…. Peace and Love…

5. Erica says:

bravo royce for this post… and I must say I am glad you are sticking by suzie’s side she needs a friend. I would hate to be evelyn’s friend because i would be scared to mess up. suzie made a mistake and apologized for it but that was not good enough for her… she has a lot to learn.

6. ShaunieSucks says:

Well I’ve always been team Royce as well and it’s funny cuz I left a comment on here yetserday right after the blog was finally posted and it was removed by VH1. Team Royce all the way!

7. VeeCee says:

I have a question. does Royce know how to set a table?

8. Tina says:

Shaunie,
    You can give Royce the boot if you want…..but please believe that some other station will pick her up. Clearly she is the only one on the show who is not following the “Circle” don’t hate.

Royce,
    Keep the light on, and tell them to keep “watching ya ass as you walk away”.

9. LolaFromPhilly says:

OMG I SOOO LOVE YOU GIRL! I was saying the same thing… you went back & told Suzie about what you had said. Good for you, and yes I was happy to see that Suzie had your back. Im telling you, who is “Leroy” aka Evelyn, 2 wonder or 2nd guess anybody’s relationship? when her relationship has been the ONE that millions of people believe its fake and all for $$$ and yes Im one of them. I think you, Tammy bring it every week. I love ya girls. I like Suzie and Ashley too, I can’t stand “Leroy” aka Evelyn she really thinks she runs things… oh please! love ya girls

10. nicole white says:

Royce I think you are just as petty& backstabing as the CIRCLE.

11. a true thinker says:

Royce you continue to throw Suzie under the bus and yet she continues to call you a friend. You’ve told Evelyn that Suzie told you she thought she linked her own nude picture. Then you constantly set her up to be confronted by the other girls and now you went back and told Tami the things Suzie said about her to you when she was only truly looking out for you. Then you come on here each week and write a blog trying to justify your action sorry to tell you but you can never justify being messy and fake to others. You only went back and told Suzie what you told Tami cause you knew Tami was going to confront her. If you consider yourself a true friend i’d hate to see what you would be like if you consider yourself a fake one.

12. Idalis says:

Royce, I was proud of you for letting EvJen know how you felt for backing out of the fashion show at the last minute. And then there are too many other times when you’ve betrayed your confidence with Susie to set up some drama that’s flat out ugly. You do a lot of she said, she said while you’re “keeping it real” and it seems being a part of the circle is more important to you than keeping your integrity! You have the nerve to talk about Susie having your back, after you betrayed her AGAIN! After those girls dogged you in Spain? Ride or Die? That would be Evelyn and Jennifer. Would you go up against Tami for Susie – I don’t think so. Susie, Ashley, Gloria – they take a stand and drop the circle and run back and forth with the she said, she said. They should have nothing to do with YOU! Keep it really real!

13. Idalis says:

CORRECTION – Susie, Ashley, Gloria – they take a stand and drop the circle and YOU run back and forth with the she said, she said.

14. Nikki Luve says:

I have a concern, isn’t Royce the mother of Dwight Howard’s child; yet she is never with her child. I see Royce is like all of the other women and slept her way to the top. I guess Gloria was correct she will always be a twitter crazy cheerleader. She better keep this man she is with, because being the mother of an NBA’s child is the closest she will ever get to being a part of the circle.

15. Sunshine says:

Yes, Royce.
    On the particular episode in question,(The Spain Trip)I totally did not like the way Shaunie and the other ladies were treating you. I felt so bad for you, and I could not believe that Shaunie out of all the ladies would be carrying on this way. I always looked at Shaunie to be the more strong and classy of all the ladies. Evelyn cried over Antoine in season1 and over the back stabbing of Suzie in season2 (she is just drama all together to me). Tamie cried about the betrayel of her ex-husband and him finally admiting, that he did infact betray her. Suzie cried and bolted every chance she got, Jen cried over the hurt of her longtime relationship and marraige. I feel on this episode, the girls lost thier humanity. Royce is human just as everyone else, and she has feelings of hurt and pain as well. I was very disappointed this episode. In life I believe we all have days where we use bad judgement, because we are all human and not above imperfection,and I think the girls judged wrong on this one.

16. sunshine says:

In Royce’s defense about not revealing her child during the show,
    Dwight Howard found out about the casting of the show and petition the courts for a GaG Order. This Order forbids Royce from being able to talk about her relationship with Dwight Howard, or even thier son. The order even forbids her from being able to cast her son on the show. So, this not a case of her just not spending time with her child, she is forbidden by a Court Order.
    Dwight wanted to make sure that no comments made on camera would interfere with his son’s future or damage his career in the NBA. I think he somewhat judged this right; as far as protecting his son, because studies have shown that children that are affected by the entertainment industry, later have bigger issues in life. So alot of celebs limit the amount of camera exposure to the public of thier children. However, when the other girls are able to talk about thier past relationships with the NBA stars, Royce has nothing to say,so it makes her look like nothing but a twitter crazed cheerlading. When infact she has been through the same as the other ladies, and I believe that because she is unable to spill any juicy gossip on her relationship with an NBA player, just as the other ladies can,it is causing her to be looked at as less respected or important.

17. sunshine says:

I left a really great comment in Royce’s defense. Where is IT?????

18. Dianne says:

Royce I couldn’t agree with you more you, suzy, and tami were real and sincere.jen is starting to see the light. Best Wishes to you and your forever.

19. Gerlayn says:

Royce – You are far and away a better person than Shaunie and the Shaunettes. Don’t degrade yourself by responding to comments about your immaturity. Let me do it. YOU are not the immature one. Those that are immature are those that instigate fights between people, no doubt to increase rating. Those that are immature are those that make committments to say…ummm fashion shows and then back out an hour before the show. Those that are immature are those that have limited tunnel vision that results in on air dog fights for all the world to see and shake heads over in pure disgust. No you don’t have to respond to anything, because there is nothing to respond to unless you want to look like those thugs with checkbooks.