Royce Reed’s Recaps – Basketball Wives Season 2 Finale

bball2_10_fk1_12

We are so excited to have Royce Reed blogging here at VH1.com throughout the upcoming season of Basketball Wives. From her insider’s perspective, Royce plans to recap her life both onscreen and off. Below, Royce takes on the finale episode of Basketball Wives, Season 2, including being called the “mole,” Evelyn’s relationship with Chad Ochocinco, Jen’s lip gloss, Tami and Evelyn’s fight. She also gives us a preview of her upcoming novel, College Girls: Book 1.

What’s Done in the Dark, Will Always Come to Light!

or

Let’s Get Ready To RUMBLEEEEEEE!

First thing’s first: once again, this is my blog and I will say whatever I want, how I want and if you don’t like it… read it anyway, hahaha! Now that we’ve cleared that up, I’ve got a lot to get off my chest quickly without boring y’all. I’mma just speak in the way of my thoughts, not the order of the show.

1. MOLE? Really? Last I checked, I wasn’t the one going behind my girl’s back saying, “Tami, Evelyn also said this and that about you,” or “Evelyn, lemme tell you about the dinner Jenn and Eric had with Kim and her husband.” Better yet, how ’bout we mention Evelyn and Shaunie’s convo about Jen, and vice versa? I’m not gonna even mention how many times my ears were ringing to the tune of “Say My Name.” I tell you if anything this is the pot calling the kettle blacker than midnight. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. At least I can be a woman about my mistakes and own up to them. Right or wrong I take my faults and learn from them. Outside of the Suzie incident that I owned up to, can they name another situation involving me ’cause I can name at least five for each of the so-called “friends?” Nope?! But I’m the mole? Gotcha!

2. To call your best friend jealous because she’s looking out for you is a low blow. I believe Jen actually gave a crap about the situation Evelyn was getting herself into but shallow people never tend to think too deep. I’ll be the first to say a few weeks ago I thought the Evelyn and Chad relationship was fake. I’m still not 100 percent sold but with the amount of attention they’re asking for and constant remarks about babies, etc., I’m just gonna say, “I get it!” If they are willing to go that far then certain things in life truly have become business deals. I personally think Chad would’ve still respected Evelyn, if not more, if she held out and actually got to know him outside of Twitter and Skype dates. But who am I to judge? I’m not God. Maybe it is love. Not my concern. I have my opinion and whether or not it changes I’m sure neither will care. I did think it was a bit much to say the intentions were the same on the first “real” date. I doubt many young girls learned anything from taking lingerie to a guy’s house you just met and sleeping with him on the firs date…but like she said, those were her “intentions.” To each his/her own, I guess. I prefer to know his favorite color, what his future plans are, what he sees in me deeper than the physical, etc. But hey, that’s just me. I like substance…and not the creamy, sticky kind that can get you in trouble. #justsayin

3. I commend Jen for trying to pursue other endeavors. We may not see eye-to-eye, but I support anyone who is trying to do their own thing and not ride someone else’s coattails. I saw a lot of shade going toward her lip gloss, but regardless of the fact that we aren’t friends I’ll still support her. I’m the type of person who doesn’t have to like someone to respect her. That’s just me. I don’t throw shade on anyone’s dreams, foundation, career, or future endeavors. I may not agree with it, but I never throw shade. I do throw sand when it involves using someone else’s name. Just a little bit though — enough to make you rub your eyes but not to scratch them out. I genuinely wanted Jen to be OK. I knew what she was going through despite our differences and I could tell she was a little bothered by something. It seemed everyone else was busy having side conversations than dealing with the fact Jen had her head down the whole time. I’m sure this is a hard time for her, but all I could do was ask the questions. She’s a Virgo, so apparently it’s a Virgo thing on how much they say :wink:

4. WOW! So the Tami and Evelyn situation by way of Shaunie….by way of Jen. I felt for Tami. I used to be there. Not entirely…well, I don’t think so at least, but to the point I was in tears because I felt I was building a friendship with certain members of the cast. I was shocked when I found out days after the fight that Evelyn had slept with Kenny while Tami was married to him. My issue was I thought it should’ve been put out on the table Day 1. Around the time Evelyn mentioned Kenny’s other chick, she could’ve thrown in the fact that she was one other the “others,” too. I would’ve believed she didn’t know if it wasn’t hidden for so long but I gotta be honest, I definitely think she knew. Search engines have been around since the 80′s. Google specifically since the late 90′s. I’m much younger than Tami and I knew she was married just from watching The Real World and hearing on the news that she was marrying an NBA Star. In either case, I don’t think Tami’s issue was Evelyn sleeping with her husband, it was the fact she’d been smiling in her face holding on to that secret. On top of that, it was the way Evelyn reacted when Tami got a little heated. Come on Eve, its not like you just said I burned your toast, YOU SLEPT WITH HER HUSBAND, and you’re telling her she was a “non-muthaf***in’ factor, bitch!” Hell, you coulda stepped on my toe, but if you followed it up with that, my head woulda spun so what did you expect…again? #justsayin

Sidebar: If I’d known about Evelyn and Kenny and I was as close to Tami as I am now, and no one said anything a week or so into it, I definitely would’ve said something to her. Y’all can get mad at me all you want but I’d be pissed as all hell if my friend knew a chick I was befriending slept with my man and she didn’t tell me. No need for all of us getting a beat down. I believe in a code, not a circle. My code = friend. Smiling up in someone’s face with a secret like that is exactly why she believed none of them were her friends.

As I digress, I think this whole season has been a separation. F the Circle. We’re not in high school. For women in our late 20′s to late 30′s, we have all acted a fool at times and it doesn’t seem to be getting any better. If anything, its becoming the real vs. the fake. My friends tell me when I’m right or wrong, a bitch or a sourpuss. I don’t think everyone in this cast has that. Call it what you want but I’mma be Royce no matter what even “when keepin’ it real goes wrong.”

college-girls

Make sure you pre-order Book 1 of my College Girls series on roycelyndsay.com for guaranteed delivery between March 13 and March 20. The official Release date is March 13.

College Girls Synopsis:

College Girls is a raw deep-seated account of four women living their lives on a university campus. Raquel is naive and sheltered and thinks she’s got it all figured out until her world is turned upside down. Latoya, who is conceited and jealous — a treacherous combination — lets her envy get the best of her. These freshman are far from friends. Kyra embarks on a life changing journey and is forced to acknowledge a part of herself that may be the beginning of her end. Mykema, an upperclassman with beauty and brains, is chasing her dream until her relationship threatens to shatter everything she’s been working towards.

With Raquel’s soul-stirring moments, Latoya’s larcenous way, Mykema’s life-changing events, and Kyra’s questionable preferences, these women will have you laughing, mouth-dropping and crying all within a matter of page turns. College Girls crosses all boundaries and with its organic and easy reading and will have you feeling as if you know them personally and quickly choosing favorites.

CLICK HERE TO PREORDER YOUR COPY NOW.

Follow Royce on Twitter!

1. Michael Nichole says:

well said about eve and Tami.I def agree. As far as you being messy… you have been. Not only did u throw your girl under the bus but you never stuck up for susie when you invited her to all your events. Eve attacked your friend so many times at your events and you never said anything on her behalf. Then you got mad at susie because she refused to continue showing up to keep from getting bullied. You also told the ladies where susie and the other chic were eating knowing they were going there to bully on the both of them. So if you call yourself susie’s friend she doesn’t need enemies. You suck!!!

2. t-banger says:

well said on that last comment about royce. your not a friend or a factor on the show. your just mad because shaunie brought you on the show to make fun of you. who is your basketball baby daddy? you know , just like we all know(the veiwers) that you did not fit with them. the onlt difference between you and susie is you stuck up for yourself and susie didn’t.

3. Lovely says:

Lets add up the facts! #1. you’ve dated 2 NBA players one of which was married. Fact# 2 you slept with ocho cinco the first night you met him. yeah, you a groupie! You played yourself homegirl…. And Shaunie, maybe you should do your show from LA since that is where all the real basketball wives are and stop trying to pass these groupies off a leigitimate. Oh I forgot. You can’t do that cause then you wouldn’t have a show cause the real wives have class. And while your at it keep yourself off the show since you are no longer a basketball wife.

4. Lovely says:

Jen…. you seem to be about your business now. Move on get your life right and kick out ALL the people who don’t mean you any good!

5. scorpio Chick says:

I love Royce to death and I think after watching Season 2,I did notice that Royce began to grow as a woman and just kinda stick up for herself. More-so, than in season1. I think the whole situation(or Circle)is messy persay. Evelyn keeps the most junk going, and it seems that she sleeps around.Jen is so weak and follows everything that Evelyn does.Shaunie is strong, but I believe she is sometimes unintentionally messy. I think she means well,but it just doesn’t happen that way all the time.Tami is just what Evelyn needed.Eve met her match and I am glad Tami came on to show, letting everyone know she is not for the Fake,Fony. I think Tami did have some messy moments, but for the most part she told everyone what she had to say to their face.Suzie went back and gossiped about Evelyn. Evelyn gossipped about everyone. Shaunie told Eve & Jen about Tami’s foodstamp past. Shaunie told Tami about Eve saying she was crazy & needed help during thier walk in Spain.Eve said Jen was jealous of her and Ochocincco. I think Royce just should not have said anything about the Suzie and Tami issue, but she did own up and tell Suzie to her face that she did that. I also think it was wrong for Royce to continuously want her friend(Suzie)to participant in events where she didn’t feel comfortable. I also thought it was wrong to tell the girls where Suzie and Gloria were having lunch at.I love how Royce drove all the way from Orlando to be there for Jen’s b-day party and they couldn’t show up for Royce’s event. WOW!!! LOL.
    -My head would throbb and someone would be in the hospital every week because I would bust someones head. I couldn’t deal with the constant daily drama. You guys are good ones. GOD BLESS YOU!

6. Yvette says:

Royce i just want to say that i love you on the show and think that you are the only real woman on that show. I don’t like Everlyn and Jen, Shaunie surprised me and keep doing you. Love you cause everyone say you look like me and i think so to. I live in the Nassau Bahamas and can’t wait to watch the show just to see you and Tami. I love Tami and tell her to be strong and you both stay away from those haters cause they are not your friends. Peace.

7. ChayilWoman says:

… Personally, I am disappointed with the direction this season of BW has taken. All of you women have been blessed to have opportunities that most women are not afforded in their lifetime. Yes, we all fall short, are not perfect, and have not all arrived; so I will withdraw from pointing an accusatory finger at anyone. I will add that there is going to be a time that your actions that you displayed on this show will revisit you in another realm of your lives. You will definitely be responsible for the choices that you made on this show, be them good and/or bad.

Shaunie, my hopes are that, moving forward, you would reflect, consider and rethink the message that BW wishes to exude and to portray to women 14 and up and under. The “blood” is on your hands. Pray about that.

Suzie, I think it was a smart move to redirect yourself in surrounding yourself around likeminded people, but also to research, understand, and embrace the true meaning or being a friend; mind your own business, and give your friends advice that won’t hurt them, spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. Otherwise, that blood will too, be on your hands; i.e. Jennifer and her marriage…

Royce, there is nothing wrong with being honest, in fact, that is the way we should all be. We often times need to think about when we are doing the right things for the wrong reasons.

Jennifer, I saw your pain this season in dealing with the trials of your marriage. Marriage is a covenant between you, your mate and God. While you may have been a victim of infidelity, and were legally pardoned from your duties as a wife, my encouragement to you moving forward is that you seek your advice from God and no one else. This way, He, and He alone will be able to remove the scales from over your eyes and lead you in the direction He would have you to go. The old saying goes, “misery likes company”, and the individuals you sought advice from this season, didn’t seem as though they were in a position to offer anything but more coal to fire. Pick and choose your friends wisely. I wish you much success in your personal and professional endeavors, and if you decide to reconcile with your husband or ex-husband, I wish you much success.

Tami, I encourage you to take some time to heal. Your family needs you more than ever, but more importantly, you need you. Let God be true, and every man a liar; God has a different calling for life and my opinion is, that you are too mature for BW. I feel this show was more of a distraction than it was a resourceful tool for you to build new and healthy relationships. These types of relationships are not of which are becoming of or for you, and not a healthy replica of your character, being a mother yourself. Heal girlfirend, heal- and take some time to breathe too.

Evelyn, this season we got a glimpse of your daughter. You’re a mother. I encourage you to reflect on these last 10 episodes; do you think you made your daughter proud? More importantly, are you pleased with the way you portrayed yourself, as a mother, a businesswoman, a single woman wanting to avoid broken relationships. I encourage you and hope that you will consider your recent conduct and reposition yourself into a different character; the woman God designed you to be, not the woman you revealed to millions. Let the redeemed say so…

Ladies, God bless! <

8. Qwete Lee says:

I love watching basketball wives. Royce has grown up since the first season. She needs to stay clear from them all. All are backstabbers and Jen and think for herself, Evelyn does all the talking for her as if she was into Jen herself. I like Tammi because she does not play and I ain’t mad at her either, they need their behinds busted up, Met their match.. Shaunie tries to be Ms. perfect and innocent, overall she starts mess and tries to be undercover. It’s all about who slept with who’s husband/boyfriend. Just nasty and no respect for yourselves. Just because your men does it does not mean you all have to.. Have some class about yourselves. Evelyn sleeping with Ocho on their first date, um what does that say for you? Yall just some gossiping kackling hens.

9. Viewer from Vegas says:

Royce,

Please step down from your soap box. Please. You can comment on the “circle” or “code” all you want now, but truth is, you wanted to be their friends just as much as Tami did. So why do all of the bashing? If you feel so strongly how about you not return to the show and that way you can be a woman of virtue instead of all the trash talking.

Evelyn was wrong for not telling Tami. Whatever her reason, she was wrong. Evelyn said when she first met Tami in the restaurant that she thought the girl Kenny had around in Boston was his fiancée. That’s when Tami replied: “how you gonna have a fiancée when he was already married?” Tami admitted that she did not come to Boston so how would Evelyn know about Tami. Back in the late 90′s, the Internet was not the machine it is today so please, stop.

I agree the disrespect is that Evelyn wasn’t more humble about the situation. She should have been. I still believe that every woman on the show was messy, including you Royce but it is accurate to how real life is. We all discuss each other to one another: good, bad and indifferent. It only matters when we ourselves are on the receiving end. Then it becomes “messy.”

Since you have had such an awakening, I trust you won’t return to the madness and will continue on with your near perfect life.

All of the women on the show are grown and have permission to do whatever they choose to do. Though it is fun to be judgmental of someone else, not one of us could pass the perfect test, including you Royce.

10. Bean says:

regardless of what everyone says about you on this blog, I definitely like you on the show. you make their pettiness seem irrelevant.. you did some messy stuff too but you admitted to it. I would still like to see you on the show..

11. shakeena says:

royce

i love u girl i really feel u are tha smater one out of all of them i dont think u should do tha show anymore because u are above them and so is tammi i think she needs to get off tha show as well i really felt her pain i feel evelyn could have been told her or atlest pulled her off to tha side and told her off camra why put yourself as well tammi out there like dat then get mad because tammi mad and u wrong(SMH)

All i can say is “people done died that aint neva died b4″
    and i said that to say keep living and u will become wise and it would be wise not to do tha show because of tha message its shouwing kids all over tha world
    do u really want all dat on u?

i pray god touches your heart and show u he has so much more to offer u and tammi than these little girls trapped inside a womans bodey be true to yourself and let go and let god!

12. Destiny says:

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enough said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u kept it 100!

13. GinaLove says:

Hi Royce…I don’t have any bashing about you or the other ladies and I like watching you on the show. If you guys were not ‘messy’ at times, the show would be BLAH! Its a reality show and it is one that doesn’t make me feel as if its scripted like the others do. I hate that you can’t talk about your son and ‘you know who’ because that’s what really ties you in with everyone else. But be it as it may, the show must go on (until ratings drop). I watch also for the fashion and style. I have seen some cute outfits you ladies wear. Can’t wait for season 3 and hope to see you as well. :’)

14. 2MOCHA2CARMAL says:

HEY ROYCE I AGREE WITH YOU 1,000%!EVE WAS ABSOLUTELY WRONG!

15. shelley j says:

i agree that royce has grown. i think she made that mistake but owned up, and tried to stay out the mess. where’s her boyfriend though? Eve, aint worth talking about. she claim to be real. she the most hollywood want to be groupies you will ever meet. aint nobody married to be on a show called bw’s.

16. Poise-N-Ivy says:

Well said Royce…really

Had to laugh at you “circle” analogy. Not high school and definately NOT High Society…This season resembled a messy covetous coven.

17. janine says:

I think this show is crazy, these women are so immature and need to grow up. All these women are over 30 and all they do is curse and fight all the time, not classy or high maintenance at all. Evelyn, not classy or smart to get intimate with a man on tv,when you hardly know him. Your a grown women and you have a teenage daughter, this is not a good look. Chad is a dog, im sure he has a evelyn in every city, he is also very immature. Chad is not the type of guy you marry and have kids with. Tami you need to distance yourself very far from these women, it is beyond obvious that these women are not your friends your just an extra person to pick on and get laughed at. While this show is hilarious and ridiculous I will keep tuning in. When im in my thirties I can learn lessons on how NOT to behave.

18. Lakelia says:

Royce, I agree with you on everything you are saying. Evelyn is not the person I had grown to love on the show. She slept with a man before getting to know him and that is something or someone with no morals. Plus Eric told Jennifer on one episode that she did not know Evelyn. Yes, I think Tami should have beat that ass. To me what she did with Kenny and Chad was groupie like actions.

19. Reyna says:

We are tired of Royce move on to the next one, better yet a new one! Can we get a new Basketball Wife?! She is sooo boring, fake and childish she adds nothing to the show sorry Boo Boo keep it moving.

20. Kaye says:

I thought the show said Basketball Wives. Maybe it should be basketball Women. We are so hyprocritical. We say we don’t bash, we don’t, we don’t and then all the dirty laundry comes out in the other lines. I had liked Royce, but then she seemed bitter and angry and I don’t like that in a woman. Speak the truth and move on. You quarrel and quarrel and quarrel and it just shows that regardless of what you say, you’re just one of them. You talk the talk you must also walk the walk. News carrying to cause friction is not good and you’re a part of that. Watch the episodes as if you aren’t you and if you’re true to yourself you’ll see that it’s either most of you are real actors for most parts or you’re just real enemies, couldn’t be friends. Jen I wish you all the best.

21. Angel Marie says:

Royce I think you and Tami are real…. In my opinion Shaunie, Evelyn, and Jen are all fake… Especially Shaunie. She started that crap and Evelyn being a follower fell for it…If Evelyn was going to tell Tami, that was a very inappropriate place to tell her. All in front of people and that sucks..What is the circle. I’m not even a star and I have better things to do than to run in a circle of back stabbing females. Also, Evelyn is trash period!! hope Chad doesn’t marry her….I’m not saying you and Tami didn’t do things. However, I feel liquor isn’t Tami’s bf LOL… I wish you all the best though.

22. Elaine Blanchard says:

I’m glad you came out with your book. I think you are very talented and gifted. On “Basketball Wives”, it was evident that you have a brother but no sisters. I wish you also had a sister. Seem like your missing that part of your life. But I am so proud of you the way you stood up to Evelyn. I applaud you because she need to know everyone isn’t going to deal with her mess. Congratulations on your career and getting Evelyn off your back.