Basketball Wives 2 Reunion Interview – Royce Reed

bball2_reunion_33

We were backstage at the Basketball Wives Season 2 Reunion, and spoke individually with all of the ladies. Their best quotes are compiled in our She Said/She Said behind-the-scenes post, but we’re also offering extended versions of the conducted interviews.

Below, Royce Reed talks about Jennifer’s leaked nude pics, her disintegrated bond with the “circle” and her breakup with Dwayne.

How do you feel about being here?

I'm just ready to get it over with. I am just over the petty drama. I'm over the girly stuff. I'm not a chick person so I don't really have time for the chick s***.

Who are you cool with at this point?

I'm cool with everybody. If everybody is cool with me I don't know. I talk to Ashley couple times a week. I talk to Suzie a few times a month. I talk to Tami every now and then too. I don't really talk to Jen, Evelyn and Shaunie, but I don't have any issues with them. I know Jen has an issue with me because I didn't call her and talk to her when her pictures came out. I am not going to be phony about it. I told her I felt like she did it and I am not going to call her, like, “Oh my God, Are you OK?” If she did it, OK, and if she didn't OK, but I am still entitled to my opinion.

Now, was that just a gut feeling of yours or…?

It was a gut feeling but then I also received a direct message from a friend of her saying that she did it.

Do you think the cease-and-desist was a ruse?

Yeah, because the only picture that was removed was the cookie shot. If I am sending pictures like that to somebody, I believe in no face/no name. But on top of that, I know who I am sending my pictures to and I am going to call them out on everything. She got on her Twitter and said, “Wowzers!” “Wowzers” to me is like a “LOL.” It's not like an, “Oh my God, – or – I can’t believe this.” It just didn't fall into place with me. Why go on Twitter? It was just like they told me on the first season after the pool party: – If I were you, I would delete my Twitter, my Facebook, my blog. You just need to be quiet. – It's kind of like the pot calling the kettle black. Their is excuse is, – It's not the same thing. You knew you were doing this. – And I'm like, you knew you were sending the pictures! – Well, I didn't put them out there. – But they came out! I didn't expect the video to be on YouTube.

Judge Judy says anything on the Internet is not private.

Exactly and anything you send is not private either.

Who came up with the circle terminology?

I have no idea!

When did you first start hearing it? Who was saying it?

I think we heard it the last season. I don't remember who started it, but it became more prevalent this one. When we were filming this time and I'm like, “What is this circle crap?” I am not a cliquish person. I try to get along with everybody. If I don't like you, I don't like you, but I am not going to sit there and have the mentality like, “Oh my friend doesn't like you so I don't like you, either.” I am not in high school. So it is what it is.
What do you think about the segregated vibe present backstage at this reunion?
I think they are trying to get real emotions onstage, and I am guessing certain people don't speak. Like I said I don't talk to Jen, Evelyn and Shaunie so I don't know what's going on with them. I don't know if they are still tight or if something else has gone down. There could have been another situation like the Suzie crap. I have no idea.

I'm surprised Dwayne's not here.

Why? Dwayne and I aren't together anymore.

What happened?

We just didn't fit anymore. I think at one point I was trying to prove that I could be happy with somebody else and I was looking past all the things that I didn't like because he was good for me. And as we started getting closer and closer to that question, the marriage question…I didn't want to be a runaway bride. So it came down to: he needs to do him and I need to do me and hopefully we can still remain friends. But as far as a relationship goes, there was just a lot that I ended up realized was missing.

In retrospect, was there anything to what the women on the show were saying about him being an opportunist?

Not that I know of. I’ll never say never, but from what I know and what I felt, no.

Do you agree with Tami’s assertion that “everyone in this circle is messy”?

Yeah actually, and I don't consider myself in the circle at all. I'm like on the outside of the circle running around like I am running track and s***. I don't play the field events, so I definitely agree with that. I made a mistake and I told Tami that I had preconceived notions about her because of a conversation she had with Suzie. Suzie and I being cool, she let me know, “Look Royce, when you meet Tami, she's a little wary about you so go in with your guard up a little bit. – I would do that to any of my friends. If I knew a chick was a kind of iffy about them and they hadn't met them yet, I would be like, “Yo just to let you know – ¦ – If she didn't tell me, I would have been like, “Damn Suzie you could have gave me a heads up or something. – So I kind of threw her under the bus by saying that to Tami and I felt really bad about it, but she eventually got over it..

Do you ever get tired of thinking about this stuff? And being so invested in your life and everybody's life and how it relates to you?

It is a lot, but then it's life that’s just being played out on TV. Rather than it just being over with, when it's done we have to rehash it on TV. So it is exhausting. It can be draining at times, but when I am done with a certain situation I say what I have to say and then I am over it. A lot of people felt like I should have never gone to Spain because Jen and Evelyn didn't go to my charity event. And I'm like that's going to keep me from going to Spain? It's not like they slapped my mama! They didn't come to my charity event, that's on them. It's not going to keep me from going to Spain. I'm taking my ass to Spain because my issues with them are not that large where I can't go overseas and have a good time even though I got sick.

They did seem hard on you.

I was like, “You have never been sick to the point where you have had body aches?” The thing is I was in such denial that I was actually sick. I was taking ibuprofen. I was just trying to make myself feel better, ’cause I was going to Spain and I was going to have a good time. The first two days, I was trying to go with the flow, enjoy myself, try not to be a party pooper. But that next day I was done. I couldn't even get up, they had to call the doctor.

So what was it?

Strep throat. I had never had strep throat in my life and I don't wish that on anyone! That's the worst pain!

Last reunion, you cried about your bond with these women. It seems like that has disintegrated since.

I think at the last reunion I was so emotional because I had got a chance to show people who I really was. After stuff that has been written in the media about me, it gave me a chance to show people I am not crazy! I actually have a career. I am an author now. I have my company I am doing a lot for myself. With the second season, when we were filming I think the question became, “We realize that Royce isn't this person but do we like her personality? – I tend to say I have a guy's mentality, because I can curse you out and say, – Let's go to lunch! – And they are very prissy and I think I said it in a blog: they're the Barbies and I am the Bratz Doll. When I go to the club, I don't just sit in VIP to look at people. I might have my VIP table, but I am going on the dance floor too. I like my sneakers. I am not into the six inch heels. I'll wear them but I might be taking them off on this stage. They keep telling me, “Please don't do that.” We got some bedazzled sneakers or something?

I thought you were implying you’d have to take your heels off to fight.

Oh no. But I believe in self-defense! They gone have to hit me first or swing I'm going to dodge and just hit them in the neck! I learned that: you hit in the neck or the nose!

More Basketball Wives 2 Reunion coverage
Behind The Scenes Of The Basketball Wives Season 2 Reunion – She Said/She Said
Basketball Wives 2 Reunion Interview – Jennifer Williams
Basketball Wives 2 Reunion Interview – Evelyn Lozada
Basketball Wives 2 Reunion Interview – Tami Roman
Basketball Wives 2 Reunion Interview – Shaunie O’Neal

1. Miranda Givens says:

soo all of a sudden Royce got balls she just think she can say whatever she want…??
    girl check youeself

2. canndeedelight says:

High 5 royce you handle the unicorn with the pink dogs on her feet well.

3. Clt says:

You treated Suzie badly. I think you are angry that Jen and Evelyn KNEW Dwayne was using you for exposure. Too bad you turned around and got mad at Jen about it.

4. ladybug says:

LMAO! @ canndeedelight…lol unicorn thats describes evelyn perfectly!
    but i’m proud of royce 4 standing up 2 evelyn tho, cuz i’m tired of seein those gurls pick on royce
    royce kind a made me upset on the show wen she went bk an forward between the gurls and then suzie …it made her look shady, cuz suzie is suppose 2 b her gurl…but atleast she admitted she was wrong on apologized, i hope she continues 2 b friends with suzie and tami , the three of them cud hang! 4get the rest of them

royce suzie & tami…luv it!

5. Big Pimpin says:

Where is my comment VH1???!!!??!??!

6. I hate Royce says:

Why is Royce on that show? She is so rude and dresses like a 5yr old! Please get her out!!! We want to see real people and not “13 turning 30″.I can’t stand her…and a lot of people I know can’t stand her either. Besides, that dance you did on the re-union show made you look stupid Royce.

7. blackgale2004 says:

BYE ROYCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLLA @ YOUR GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. sylvia says:

ROYCE, TELL JEN TO BLOW YOU. YOU HAVE A CHILD YOU NEED TO FEED, I AM NOT SAYING I CONDONE PLAYBOY POSING. I HOPE YOU PUT ALL THIS MONEY TO USE FOR YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILD’S FUTURE. YOU SHOULD HAVE CAME OUT A BAG ON THEM A LONGTIME AGO!!!

9. g white says:

just watched the reunion… Why is Royce on the show. She is in need of a make over and
    an image consultant. She was a horrible friend to Suzie…. and she is a free loader!!!

10. carolyn says:

Royce is BUSTED!!!

11. I Hate Royce Too says:

Royce did try to get on the reunion show and act like she hard, she was just trying to secure her spot on next season. Personally, I don’t think that she fits in with the rest of the cast. Her style of dressing is all wrong, she never does anything with her hair, and she seems to not have any class. How could you be on national television and not get your hair done? She just doesn’t appear to be on the same level as the other cast members. And she thinks she is cute but she really needs to step her game up!!!!! Please before she tries to step to these other DIVAS!!!

12. julie281103 says:

I think Evelyn & Jen need to be taken off the show. They are the biggest trouble makers. They think they are the center of the show. They suck!!!!!!!!!Evelyn just thinks she is a supermodel!!!!!!!! I bet her and ochocinco never get married. Tammi has come along way. She looks great!!!!

13. M_Town says:

Glad to see Royce stick up for herself with the monsters. To think that she would want to associate with those has beens. Luv ya girl, don’t worry about the haters on this blog, they wish they could me u.

14. Erica says:

i don’t care what anyone has to say…i absolutely LOVE royce…she’s not afraid to voice her opinion && is one unique individual…who says you have to wear heels…always have your hair done && be fancy just for a guys attention…royce is #teamnatural && i love that about her…&& the fact she doesn’t care what anyone has to say about her…she has a lot of back bone && i look up to royce…she’s really my idol of the show…so forget everyone’s negative opinion about her…she just keeps it real…you can hate it…or love it…it is what it is!

15. Shani says:

I’m still trying to figure out WHY Royce is on the show. Cause she is NOT a ex-wife, ex-girlfriend or ex-fiance’. Again why is she on the show!!!! Now all of a sudden she wants to man up she trying to secure her spot on season 3 the show really could do without her.

16. jerzy girl says:

Royce is so childish and she admitted that she went back and told but they all felt to jump off on Suzie… What?! Suzie was more of a friend to Royce than Royce to her. Royce wanted Suzie’s friendship spot with Evelyn and when she realize Evelyn wasn’t feelin her she became more juvenile. I’m glad she’s being replaced… I hope Suzie is able to get back in the circle. Now Royce has Tami maybe she thinks she’ll make it another season. I can’t believe she’s raising a child the way she conducted herself on the show.??

17. jenwilliams4eva says:

JENNIFER WILLIAMS IS MY FAVORITE WIFEY ON THE SHOW…SHE IS A FOLLOWER YES BUT HER DEMURE IS JUST PRICELESS. SORRY ROYCE..U COOL THO BUT…IF ANYTHING U CAN BEEF WITH EVELYN YES BUT NOT JENNIFER. SHE IS THE SWEETEST !

18. dreyyy says:

i think that royce was being her true self. like she wus finnally standing up and not lettin ppl tlk about her no more . lol she gave me a laugh on that reunion. buht i thnk she wusnt lettin evelyn walk over her( i love eveyln) buht ev can be a bully at times. anyhow, royce is one of the realest ppl to me on the show. they def shouold keep her.

19. Sick of Royce says:

VH1. Please take Royce off the show. She really has no relevance, as he baby’s father won’t even let her mention his name! She is awful! She likes to start mess and is soooooo immature.

20. Lisa says:

Royce is such an idiot. She thinks she’s so much better and so mature…she comes across like a 12 yr old and dresses like one, Geri curl and all…and she’s on the show because she’s Dwight Howards baby mama! It’s suppose to be a big secret…for those who didn’t know!

21. stayaway says:

Ummm, if I’m not mistaken didn’t they take Royce under their wing and groom her. She was a hot mess when the show first came on. Now all of a sudden she big, bad Royce. I would have rocked the ish out of her a**. At least most of the women got something going on for themselves and what does she have, dancing???…Really??? That guy was the best thing that could have happened to her; besides having D. Wade’s baby….What does she do???She need to calm down, she made herself look real stupid as usual. You are not Tammi!!!lol

22. Tyrone says:

First the show she be nameEX BASKETBALL WIVES! Only Jennifer is marry. Evelyn was nothing but a piece of ass Shanni is a ex Tami was just for a minute and her ex was cheating on her from door and left her!

23. Kawanna says:

Royce worked on my nerves during the reunion acting all bad..girl go sit down somewhere plzzz…she is just mad that she is no longer on the show. What is it to her that Evelyn let oh boy hit on the first night or tht Jen leaked pics of herself..Royce, dont you have enough to worry about…who cares if they did it or not..#imjussayin

24. life is too short says:

People, I see that we all watch this show for the drama. Who exactly is looking out for the other. Everyone is so quick to pick on Royce but I don’t see anyone questioning Evelyn. She argued with almost everyone, crashed a party and swears way too much. Where is the class in her behavior? She pretends to be confident but she is extremely insecure. When she can’t win with a good debate; she starts cussing as if that helps her image. Jennifer is Evelyn’s puppy. She is definitely quieter but knows how to entertain when she has an audience. That is the only time she gets the balls to argue. I feel bad for her as divorce sucks so she must be going through so much but she needs to create her own identity separate from Evelyn. As for Gloria, I think she is genuinely good but naive. Not that it is a bad thing but you say things you regret years later; although, that is part of growing up. I get it though because we have all been there. She needs to stick to her plan and move away from the show because the “ring leaders” have it out for her. I truly admire Shaunie but it was disappointing to see her ambush Gloria. She seems more reserved and carries herself in a different manor than all the others. I remember the first season of the Real World and who can forget Tami. She may not handle all of her arguments well but she is spot on when it comes to friendship and who she decides to include in her life. Suzie may have issues but she introduced all those ladies to Miami. She also acknowledged her mistake as did Royce but Evelyn and Jennifer make no apologies for their behavior. Overall, I have to say that Shaunie and Tami know what they want and keep things in perspective. I cannot lie that I look forward to next season. Bring it ladies!!!!

25. Lemowife says:

Ok not only is Royce toxic for the show, she is obnoxious,she has no integrity, and mad as hell, all the girls look better than her, Dwayne took her in the store, had her put a ring on, and Evelyn got a ring… by the way, WHY IS ROYCE ON THE SHOW, the only connection she has with basketball is holding one Royce never date, was never engage to, lord forbid marry a basketball player, ROYCE WHO?…

26. shameka says:

u need yo A% Woop U A MESS U SOOOO TIRED GURL PPLE GET SOOOO HI HEADED OMG U ACTED REAL MESSY U REALLY NEED 2 GET IT 2GETHA 4 REAL U NEED 2 STOP

27. joie says:

Royce reminds me of a friend of mine who has a little sister and the little sister is so tragic and try’s so hard to fit in. It’s pathetic!!!!

28. miss chiqz says:

i def agree that all the femles have some issues. But the way royce came off in the reunion seems super fake.Maybe if she would of been actin that way from the jump it wouldn’t have made her look so horrible for the reunion. I feel like she’s bitter about all the b.s that has happened in her relationships so now shes acting towards the women the way she shold of been acting towards the men. So what if E did her thing on the 1st date he obviously thinks shes a keeper. Royce held out and he dashed afterwards. I dont know why so many ppl hate on Evelyn. She says what she feels. Live your life ma. Jennifer is not E’s puppy she makes her own decisions and they are friends.As for the rest of the females I can honestly say that I think they are all beautiful and they stay bleesed.

29. L A says:

Shani why are you hanging with these HOOD ASS women?
    You have too much sense and class.

I like you better with Nikki and the crew.

30. tremaine166 says:

thats waz up the hell with them royce i been waiting for someone to tell it like it is

31. toogie says:

royce, royce, royce sometimes you are likeable but its obvious sometimes you are a trouble maker and you do play both sides of the fence, then turn it around and try to justify it.

32. ROYCE STINK says:

ROYCE WAS DIRTY TO TELL JEN,EVE,AN SHUNI ABOUT THE LUNCH WITH SUZY AND GLORIA.SHE DOES PLAY BOTH SIDES AND SOMEONE NEED TO KICK YOUR YOUNG ASS.ROYCE YOU THOUGH IT WOULD MAKE YOU FIT IN THE CIRCLE BUT I AM GLAD IT BACK FIRED.YOU THROW FIRE YOU GET BURNED.ALSO YOU PLAYED SUZY AND IF I WAS SUZY I WOULD CUT YOU LOOSE.AND ANOTHER THING.LIKE THE UPPER COMMENT YOU WAITED 6 MONTHS AND GOT LEFT AND PLAYED.ALSO DO SOMETHING WITH THAT GREASY HEAD IT IS TRULY A MESS.WHAT REAL MAN WOULD WANT YOU.ANYBODY CAN SEE THE RING YOU THOUGHT YOU WAS GOING TO GET HE DIDNT EVEN LOOK LIKE HE COULD AFFORD.HE WAS LAUGING ALL AT YOU. STOP DOING DIRTY.PS CAN YOU AT LEASE PLAY WOMAN DRESS UP SOMETIMES. AND STOP LOOKING LIKE A LIL FOOL.

33. lgurl001 says:

worst bball wife (wait shes not a players wife). Royce appears to be very two-faced. she judged everyone for their sexual choices BUT 1st season she was shaking her a** and smacking other womens a**! She got offended when the ladies commented on her style. Fact is she cant dress and her hair often looks a hot mess. Your on tv take pride in your appearance. Royce tries to appear as she is down to earth and real but her actions show something else

34. Carrie Grisom says:

Go Royce! The only one with real talent! John Sally sucks! Made some disrespectful remarks about Royce, I thought!

35. Realy?? says:

It’s so funny how these women talk about cheaters and groupies. Shaunie being the exec producer of the show is funny to me. Everyone seems to get blasted on the show but you never hear anything about Shaunie. She sits back like she’s the queen b and she does no wrong. She is just as childish as the other women on the show. They act like children. I like Royce though. Her and Tami are the realist ones on there. Tami can get hood but from what I’ve seen on the show, she was straight up and honest. Royce may have played sides but she was honest about anything she said or did. Evelyn is all talk. She can mouth off on everyone but she knew to back down from Tami because she would have got in her a**. I think she is scared of Tami because she talked all that mess to anyone else but when Tami put hands on her, she didn’t say anything. (I’m referring to the reunion). Jennifer just rides Evelyn coat tail. She has no back bone. She’s like evelyns puppet. I have no words for her except, be yourself and “keep it real,” as she would say. Back to Shaunie, she seems to portray herself as innocent, like she does no wrong. How can you get made at someone for cheating on you when you “supposedly” cheated on your husband with Shaq? I found an article online putting her out there but no one seems to call her out on it. Hot mess… read below. . don’t know how true this is but if it is true, then Shaunie, you are a hypocrite!

SOURCE: http://www.realitytea.com/tag/shaunie-oneal-gossip/

“Shaunie O’Neal – Is the soon to be ex-wife of NBA star Shaquille O’Neal. A lot to report here. The couple married December 26, 2002 and have a total of four children together. Shaunie however had a son from her first marriage and Shaq had a daughter from a previous relationship giving them a total of 6 kids.

Shaq first filed for divorce back on September 4, 2007, citing that his wife was having an affair with her personal trainer. Shaunie denied this claim and they eventually reconciled. This accusation was all the more interesting considering Shaq is VERY WELL KNOWN for his cheating and having multiple girlfriends while married. One of his mistresses, Alexis Miller, got a restraining order against him back in 2008. Another mistress Vanessa Lopez, filed a lawsuit against him in January 2010, accusing him of harassing her.

The biggest shocker however came in November 2009 when it was revealed Shaq was having an affair with Laura Govan, the fiance of fellow NBA player Gilbert Arenas. Interestingly enough, Laura’s sister, Gloria Govan, is a cast member on this show. 5 days after this made headlines, Shaunie filed for separation. It was also reported that Laura was a friend of Shaunie’s.

But before you go feeling sorry for Shaunie, she might not be that innocent. The big rumor is Shaunie was still married to her ex husband Daven Baptiste, when she began an affair with Shaq. Daven was Shaq’s accountant at the time, before allegedly finding out his wife was not only sleeping with his boss, but had also gotten pregnant by Shaq. This allegedly led to the couple’s divorce. Daven has however never spoken publicly about his marriage with Shaunie.”

36. richro9 says:

I like Royce, you go girl. I like the simply fact that you was woman enough to say that you were wrong about what you did.

37. livluvlife says:

I must admit throughout the season I hated Evelyn, I thought she was a bully and had the class and finesse of a two dollar hooker. I also felt Tami was a complete nut and an emtional basketcase!!!! But by the end of the season I still thought Tami was a complete nut but some how found myself pumping my fist for her. My biggest diappointment was Shaunie. She showed her true colors this season and I really do not care for her. She is just as petty and ignorant as Evelyn but she does her dirt on the low. She instigated that fight between Evelyn and Tami for nothing more than ratings. She as the producer and show creator should remain as nuetal as possible but she was mean and manipulative. At the end she tried to be cool with everyone even gloria her nemisis because she wanted them to return for a third season. If they lose any of the starting line up I can honestly say I will not watch…

38. Kimberley says:

Baby last time you go angry was over some show cause your friends didn’t want to wear those clothes. I do think your man is an opportunist. If they don’t feel comfortable wearing those clothes you cannot get angry. Respect their feelings. How would you like for someone to make you endorse something you don’t believe in? Or your man changed your look and took you out of your comfort zone? You would not feel pretty trust me. If it was that important why not hire what you want professional models. He was wrong to try to use your friends. And don’t let him use you. Those gals are use to men who stand on their own thunder. Shaq…