Basketball Wives 2 Reunion Interview – Suzie Ketcham

bball2_reunion_171

We were backstage at the Basketball Wives Season 2 Reunion, and spoke individually with all of the ladies. Their best quotes are compiled in our She Said/She Said behind-the-scenes post, but we’re also offering extended versions of the conducted interviews.

Below, Suzie speaks out about how her water-throwing and subsequent arrest at last season’s reunion changed her outlook on life, why she’s over the conflict with Evelyn and why her appearance on the reunion is for people who’ve been bullied…

How do you feel about being here?

I didn't want to come!

I'm surprised you did , actually.

I am surprised that I am here, myself. I really didn't want to come because filming this season was misery. I was miserable, totally unhappy, I was bullied the whole entire time. I'm like, look: if I want to hang out with f***ing animals, I will go to the zoo. But at the same time, so many people had reached out to me and have given me support like, – We've been bullied,” or, “My kid has been bullied at school and we like the way you handled yourself. – There are so many people who are constantly bullied and harassed and they feel like s***. Some kids don't want to go to school; some people don't want to go to work. Then it gets to the point where there is a Columbine and they are like, “F*** it, we are just going to kill everybody,” or people go to the post office and just start shooting people up. It is a very serious problem! Bullying pushes people to kill themselves or just lose their head and go bananas. I am not saying that I am going to lose my mind on Basketball Wives and just start popping off on people, but I think I really empathized and feel with people now. I feel a lot of people's pain and what they are going through. It really was torture, but to have the show go on and see the reaction from people it was astounding! I couldn't believe the support I was getting from people. There were so many people who admired the way I handled myself during the show so if I didn’t attend the reunion, I would have let them down. They are the whole reason why I came. I didn't want to look like I am running or I am hiding or I am scared.

Do you feel like it looked like that when you would leave or not show up at certain events on account of Evelyn’s presence?

I was trying to avoid negativity. I hate negativity. There is already so much negative s*** in your life that you have to deal with, like all of sudden you find out that your father has cancer or someone's child got into some kind of accident. [The stuff on the show] is negativity that I can choose not to deal not to deal with. That's why I kept walking away from certain situations. Why am I going to make myself endure so much bulls***?

Is being here nerve-wracking at all?

It really was at first, but then I decided: I am just going to go. I hate all the cattiness the drama the fighting. I don't know what kind of person really wants to be around all that s***. I love my life to be sunshine all day and happy. But at the same time, it's a show. They really not my friends. I have a whole lot of great friends and great family that support me and those are the people that matter. You know tonight's going to come, tomorrow is going to come, and the sun is going to rise again and it is going to be over. It’s like, just get through and it and I am going to party my ass off tomorrow.

Have you been watching this season?

Not at all, not one episode. I actually stopped watching last season. I didn't even see the last reunion because I felt so horrible about what I did to Sandra with the water, throwing the bucket on her. When I was sitting in jail, it really made everything real. I was like, “What am I doing?” I am 31-years-old running around like that. What kind of role model am I to people? I have never thrown water on anybody. I feel like I got so caught up with being like, “Yeah, you came on with your water bottle I am going to get you back even worse.” So I got my bucket, chucked it on her and to hear that her son was there and he was crying watching her get wheeled out on a stretcher – ¦I have my own kids I can't even imagine my daughter dealing with that. That's traumatic and he may remember that for the rest of his life! I have mutual friends with Sandra and they said, “She is a really nice person. She might look lopsided with the triple D boobs and everything. She may be a little nuts, but she is a good person.” I realized Plastic Surgery is a human being. She has to live her life as the person who ate it on stage getting water thrown on her and I have to live with myself being the grown person who is throwing buckets of water on people. I hated that, I really felt horrible about myself.

Did you ever reach out to her to apologize to her?

I reached out to her several times through several different people. I said, “Look Sandra, I want to apologize to you. I am so sorry about what I did. It is really not me! Whatever I need to do to make things better let me know. If you want me to do it on camera I will do that.” I hope she comes to a point where she understands what I was going through and why I did it. If she never does, I think I will always feel bad about it. That's not me, I just got caught up in the excitement of TV.

That explains a lot about how you responded to the Evelyn situation, and why you didn't fight back. It sounds like your outlook changed between Season 1 and 2.

Exactly. If I was in my early 20′s, I would have been like, “Yeah, f*** this, f*** that,” but I am a big girl. At the end of the day when I die, I don't want people to be like, “Dude that's that crazy ass bitch, thank God she's dead! – I want people to be like, “She was a good person. She was giving. She was a true friend to people.” My father passed away four years ago and that really changed my life. It changed who I am and my perspective on everything. I was disappointed in myself and ashamed of myself when I thought about what I did to Sandra when I thought about my dad. So I am trying to figure myself, and throw water under the bridge. Literally water under the bridge! There will be no more water-throwing.

Is the story on TMZ about you not doing Season 3 absolutely true?

I have no idea who put that out there. Someone hit me on Twitter like, – Oh my God I am not going to watch the show if you're not on Season 3. I just read it on TMZ. – I was like, “TMZ?” I don't read blogs. I don't even watch the show so I didn't even know. I haven't made any decisions. Filming Season 2 was so hard for me. It was miserable so I don't know I would have to weigh the pros and cons, but it is not a definite no. I think I would definitely know how to handle things better. I have moved on with that whole Evelyn situation. I really don't care anymore. It's actually boring to me when people try to talk to me about it — I am like, “Ugh, f***ing here we go again. – They really weren't my real friends. I have real friends that I still have from kindergarten.

Evelyn was more of a party friend right?

I didn’t even know her for a year [when the show started]. She was really just a person on the show. The thing is, I have a lot of great people in my life: family, people who will do anything for me. That really puts everything in perspective. Those are the people who I don't need in my life — too much negativity.

Obviously that goes for Evelyn, but does that go for Jen and Shaunie as well?

I think Jen is right there with Evelyn. I liked Jen, but she is going to be Evelyn’s sidekick and do whatever Evelyn wants her to do. Shaunie, I have so much respect for her. I admire her as a person. She is a mother of five and has dealt with a divorce and is where she is right now. It's not like she is just sitting home enjoying her child support and alimony. She is actually doing a lot with her life and I love that. I hope that this situation with Evelyn doesn't affect my relationship with Shaunie. Then again, I love Gloria. Gloria is my girl. So that is another dynamic for me, being in the middle [of Shaunie and Gloria].

What do you think about the fact that everyone is segregated this year into their own dressing rooms, when last reunion was basically everyone hanging out in the hair/makeup room?

It’s very segregated. I feel like I am in prison! But honestly, I wouldn't have wanted it to be any other way because I don't want to be around negativity. I love Royce, I love Ashley, but I just can't believe that there are women who are damn near in their 40′s who can be so catty and negative. It's shocking. I am the type of person who’d rather be alone, and take my own little trail, path and be cool. I don't need all those friends. I don't need to be out there on the blogs, tweeting every second. I am so busy, sometimes I can't even remember to feed myself, so for me, to be worrying about my leaked nude pictures, or whatever? Seriously? I am so focused on trying to be progressive and successful in my own life that all the other stuff. Whatever comes from the show it comes, but I want to do it in a positive way.

Our full Basketball Wives Season 2 reunion coverage
Behind The Scenes Of The Basketball Wives Season 2 Reunion In Pictures
Behind The Scenes Of The Basketball Wives Season 2 Reunion – She Said/She Said
Basketball Wives 2 Reunion Interview – Gloria Govan
Basketball Wives 2 Reunion Interview – Ashley Walker
Basketball Wives 2 Reunion Interview – Jennifer Williams
Basketball Wives 2 Reunion Interview – Evelyn Lozada
Basketball Wives 2 Reunion Interview – Tami Roman
Basketball Wives 2 Reunion Interview – Royce Reed
Basketball Wives 2 Reunion Interview – Shaunie O’Neal

1. sexyleo says:

Suzie, WHat did you bring you scary azz on the reunion for? TO let sour face EVELYN CUZZ you OUT AS ALWAYS. OUT OF ALL THE CAST MEMBER YOU REALLY DON’T MEAN MUCH OF NOTHING.. NEXT

2. CMOB says:

Suzzie move on. These ladies mean you know good. You should continue your friendship with gloria and leave the rest of them alone. Please don’t call Royce your friend. Be careful who you call your friend and when u do talk to Royce be careful on what you share with her. She has not proven to be your friend.

3. TX Girl says:

Suzie, I love how you handled yourself. You admitted your wrongs, learned from them, and used your mistakes to grow you as a women. Guess what, that is life. We all grow through trials and tribulations, at least we should. I do not believe that you had evil or malicious intentions to tear the others down. I believe that you are a peacemaker or people pleaser. I can say this, because I can see some of myself in you. I like you had to learn the hard way, we cannot please everybody. This only leads to trouble, as you learned. I will give you the same advice that was given to me. Learn to be a God pleaser. So long as your heart is geared to please God and not others, you will never be lead astray. Remember: sometimes it is not what you have done, it is how you handle what you did! You realized that you did wrong, asked for forgiveness. Honey, you have done your part! So move on and know that the lost of the other ladies, is truly not a lost. Be Blessed. TX Girl

4. Sexychocolate says:

I hate that they are being cattie. I enjoyed your professionalism and dignity that you protrayed thru the season. Keep your head up and your mouth closed. The best is yet to come.

5. teachluv says:

Suzie,Royce & Evelyn should NOT be on the show it says WIVES they are NOT married or engaged to a basketball player. Suzie needs to not gossip so much and keep things to her self.

6. Shara says:

1 cmt… U NEED TO STOP TALKING AND B 4 REAL!

7. Meanchick says:

Although what you did to Evelyn was wrong, everyone makes mistakes and for her to drag it out and clown you so many times (on TV) over it made what you did look small in comparison to her drama over it. If Evelyn was ever your friend, she would have forgiven you.

8. toogie says:

I think you have apologized too many times, and I think its wrong for certain people to want to talk about whatever you talked about over and over again.

9. Stephanie of Maryland says:

Your way too nice for that pack of wolves. I don’t think Tami needs to lecture you about NOTHING. She has her own problems HERSELF. I wish you well…

10. A GUEST says:

SUSIE WHAT THE HELL.WHY DO YOU JUST LET PEOPLE SAY ANYTHING TO YOU IN ANY WAY THEY SEEFIT TO DO.STOP SAYING YOURE SORRY ONCE IS A NUFF.AND AS FOR THAT DAM ROYCE DONT BE DUM. OPEN YOUR EYES YOUR THE WEAKER LAMB THATS WHY SHE KEEP CROSSING YOU UP COVERING HER OWN ASS. SHE AINT GOT NO CLASS. YOURE BETTER THEN THAT.COME BACK ON NEXT SEASON WITH A BANG.PUTTIN ASSES IN CHECK AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSE ON THE FORFRONT KNOW WHAT I MEAN.OK EVE HAD HER 1SEC OF FAME AND HAD FUN WITH IT YOU SAID YOU WERE SORRY OK NEXT .SHE’LL BE FIND I PROMISE. GET SOME BACKBONE WAKE THE HELL UP AND OPEN YOUR EYES TO ROYCE. PS I WOULD’NT BE SEEN WALKING DOWN THE STREET WITH ROYCE CAUSES SHE ACT JUST LIKE SHE LOOK CHEAP TRICK. YOU GOT TO MUCH CLASS FOR THAT PLAYED OUT CRUM SNATCHER.

11. Toni says:

To the ladies here with comments about how they hate Royce and how Suzie shouldn’t be friends with Royce, Wow, you all are just fools…. Really? You ladies prefer to have Evelyn Jennifer Shaunie on the show than Royce or even Suzie? Really? It tells me that maybe some of you are just like them, you know the evil mean girls that like to bullied so much because they are nothing but INSECURE. You all don’t want Royce, the problem with that is that you guys don’t know the meaning of real true friend, Royce is a friend to Suzie and she expressed that she is not considering they friends as BF, because they haven’t gone through enough with eachother, if you guys know what she meant by that then maybe you won’t consider Evelyn Jennifer Shaunie as the good ones, as the best in TV, you will see it takes a lot to consider someone friends, Royce knows that Suzie talks alot and she even expressed that she told Suzie, and since Suzie is mature she understands what Royce meant and she didn’t take it as Royce being mean to her but rather a friend to let her know what she did wrong and how she can fix so it won’t happen again, and noticed Royce didn’t throw Suzie away, and even when she did throw Suzie under the bus, but Royce a mature Woman went to Suzie face to face and told her what has happen and explain why, then apologized and being that Suzie is mature she accepted Royce’s apology and yeah they both will learn and will fix what they did but at least they were mature women to talk about things and handle it very maturely and that is why people like Evelyn Jennifer Shaunie are still being mean girls because they don’t have the maturity they are insecure that they have to bash the other, talk about the other, they have no clue on how to be mature good women, they are just sad sack. So to all you ladies commenting on Royce about how you don’t like her or want her on the show, maybe you should learn not to be so jealous and learn the meaning of friendship and expressing the right way and not in childish way… To me all of you are just jealous that Royce is a strong woman and doesn’t care what any of you or the three mean girls has to say because she is very secure of herself she own up to her doings she corrects them and move on like a mature adult, and that my friends is what a real Woman is, so learn you meany

12. toogie says:

are you going to be on season 3?

13. denaG. says:

Where on earth does Jennifer from Basketball wives shop for her jewelry & clothing…She stays fly!!

14. John Doe says:

Watched this Ghetto show episode where they are leaving Rome…
    Shuane, , ugly, wannabe, instigator
    Tammy ugly, ghetto, poor, classless, ugly
    Jennifer ugly insecure, wannabe
    Evelyn, sensitive
    Meeka , insecure, wannabe
    Ross, cute, ghetto

15. Denese says:

It is sad to see mothers, wives and women behave the way they do on this show. Tami if I were meeka you would neva be able to do that to me. You need theraphy and medication you deal with conflicts too aggressively and it speaks to some insecurity that you have.

16. Jazzie says:

They all need to kick Susie’s back stabing ass

17. candy says:

This show should be called ex gold diggers of basketball players. None of them are wives. HELLO!

18. Candy says:

This show should be called ex goldiggers of basketball players, none of them are wives HELLO!

19. Renee says:

Suzie, is the worst friend. Kesha should never speak to her again. She should not have told the CRAZY Tami what Kesha said. Suzie is rotten. She did the same to Evelyn. Now she is a Kiss AAAA all to be in the click.