Meet The Mob Wives: Drita D’avanzo

“You’re gonna learn there’s two sides to everything, and you’re gonna see the heartwrenching life that we do have to encounter because of mistakes that our loved one has made.”—Drita D’avanzo

If you are under the impression that the Mob Wives lead a charmed life filled with nothing but expensive clothes and fancy dinners, think again. As you’ll see in the latest installment of our Meet the Mob Wives series of video introductions, Drita D’avanzo speaks to the harsh reality of having your spouse and partner living on the wrong side of prison bars. The other Mob Wives — Renee Graziano, Karen Gravano and Carla Facciolo — describe Drita as a good mom who’s loyal to her family and will “go to war” for her friends, but they also express that she’s got a dark side, too. As Carla puts it, “If Drita doesn’t like you, that’s not good.”

So, what’s Drita really like? Judge for yourself when Mob Wives premieres on Sunday, April 17 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

1. Back inThe Day says:

I have known Drita since I was 17yrs old give or take. She was only about 2 years older than me. She is a tough chick. She would fight anyone at anytime.No one should mess with her hehehe….Cant believe your doing a show,that’s crazy…good luck girlie!!

2. Knowher says:

@Back in the day…funny I was just going to write the same thing..lol..This girl seriously is no joke but at the same time always smiling and laughing and nice.This is awesome..can’t wait to watch her…her stories and humor are unmatched.:) Good Luck Drita!!

3. Sunny says:

All u women are out of ur mind doing this show ,, I the ex – wife to a known made man what happened to the honor of code , putting ur dirty laundry out on the streets when did the guys in NY let the women go out on the front line u know never,,,
    We all know there’s not to many made men left out there ,dead ,jail or rats I want to know do u need the money what’s the deal .I can’t believe the guys ok this show
    For me I’m old school I don’t know nothing . Your giving all the women who have lived that life style a bad rap .u know the training we had to go through with the we lived , so far alls I see is a bunch of women that need prozac may be your husband went away to get away from all of u

4. NOWAY says:

@Sunny…first off this is the biggest misconception about this show…IT is about them..there friendship..raising there kids. And if you noticed all of there husbands went to jail or fathers already. So there only speaking about how hard it is to go through what there going through…not there mens laundry but there own. There not Made Men..they could talk whatever they want. If you were a ex then you would know they can’t talk about there men…CUZ THEY DON’T KNOW ANYTHING…in that lifestyle…the women know nothing…hopefully they all become succesful and change there life for there kids.Good Luck Ladies!!!

5. real albo says:

Drita, is a disgrace to the Albanian Nation. She went and married some Italian Schmuck, you want Mob, do a show on how the Albanians shut down all 5 Italian Families, and run the whole continent of Europe… Drita you are a loser, glad your husband is in jail, that’s what you get for not marrying with in the Albanian Family…

6. real albo says:

Real Albanians don’t mix their blood with p*ssy a$$ italians… Albanians is the MOB… unlike you who publicize your names for a cheap trick, we don’t got to reveal sh1t… You and her can go jump and guinny d1cks…

7. real albo says:

Albanian-American criminals are said by police[who?] to be involved in everything from gun-running to counterfeiting. But it is drug trafficking that has gained Albanian organized crime the most notoriety. Some Albanians, according to federal Drug Enforcement Administration officials, are key traders in the “Balkan connection”, the Istanbul-to-Belgrade heroin route. DEA officials estimated that, while less well known than the so-called Sicilian and French connections, the Balkan route might have been moving, around 1985, 25% to 40% of the U.S. heroin supply, challenging the Russian mafia and the Colombian cartels.[5] Half of the Albanian mafia is Kosovan and the godfather was Kosovan; both countries Albania and Kosovo are very close and see themselves as brothers.[citation needed]

8. pix luv3 says:

my thing is this if they are married to the mob or have connection to the mob.. why are they exposing themselves on television?? don’t they know that the feds are going to be after them.? plus like i saw on the preview.. one of them say is about loyalty and respect and no snitching ..but putting yourself on tv to let the world know that your connected to them.. is a way of Betrayal .. iI believed… I guess know and days everyone wants to do reality and be famous .. how low can this be that even the mob credibility to be famous gone low..

9. blodie says:

10. Tyrone says:

VH1 MOBWIVES IS HORRIBLE

VH1 has gone to far! “Mobwives” is a disgrace and embarrassment to law enforcement and to America! And to all Americans! We have had John Joseph Gotti, Jr family( Growing up Gotti) on TV. That was a disgrace! Gotti was an American gang member who became the Boss of the Gambino crime family in New York City. Growing up in poverty, he and his brothers turned to a life of crime at an early age. Murder drugs and prostitution was the way of the Gotti gang! Many innocent Americans lost their lives with these white gang. Drive by shooting! White police and white Judges in their back pocket of Gotti‘s white gang! Operating out of the Ozone Park neighborhood of Queens, Gotti quickly rose in prominence, becoming one of the crime family’s biggest illegal earners and a protégé of Gambino family under boss Aniello Dellacroce. Allowed to get away with crime for many years by many white law enforcement officers! They where paid big money to look the other way! Now VH1 is glorifying white gangs and their family! America will never see Bloodwives or Cripwives or MS-13 wives. Not that I would want to see that either! I’m just asking why white gang feature? Like they contribute to the country. Like they are a such thing as better criminals! One of the things Mobwives shows! These receivers of criminal made money unlike black criminals. Get to keep the illegal wealth and live in $400,000 to a million dollars homes! HOW? In the case of black criminals houses and bank accounts are taken by law enforcement!

11. T says:

OMG, Who gives a %$#@ about Soap Opera. Susan Lucci should be so lucky. I never follow any television show but I turn the channel and I was immediately hooked. Bring it on! I just put together a Mob Wife Party for next Sunday and you have to dress the part.

Thank you so much for the real drama that everyone want s but are affraid.

12. Tampa NY says:

To all the ladies on the show, don’t listen to the nasty blogs. You all look fabulous and are dealing with the hand you were dealt just fine. Keep your heads help up high. Best wishes…Love the show so far..!

13. rosie66 says:

I have to say that Mob Wives, in general, is a ballsy programming choice. Now that I’ve watched the first episode, I can’t wait for more. These women remind me of the woman I used to be…before I let people shut me up. Sometimes drama just happens and I’m feeling like I should just live my life. Mob Wives is like taking a shot of liquid courage!

14. NJP says:

i would like to marry drita if her marriage ever fails…lol id probably get wacked before it would happen but itd be worth it! By far one of the most beautiful women i have ever seen!

15. I love when you talk about this type of stuff in your blog. Perhaps could you continue to do this?

16. toogie says:

drita you come on as very very aggressive on the show however I saw you on the joy behar show the other night and you were more likeable. I think you are the one with the husband that you refer to as a “professional bank robber” ??? I never have heard of an “unprofessional” bank robber. Dont glamorize whatever he did , he is a felon It is a sad fact of life that he will carry this record the rest of his life. Best of luck and God Bless.

17. M. says:

I don’t really understand why so many people continue to be so utterly fascinated by anything having to do with the mafia, whether it’s fictional or “reality”. This show is total BS. These women are grown women, adults, with children and they are threatening fighting tryng to act tough and gangster – puhleeaze!! They are not mafiosos, they’re just the wives and daughters. One isn’t even a wife! She’s a daughter. One is not even Italian she is Albanian, Graziano wasn’t even married to an Italian guy. Just b/c that chubby one is “Sammy the Bull’s daughter, who is a snitch – puhleeze. If they were REALLY connected to any type of mobs the feds were interested in, they would NOT be on TV. It’s total bull.

18. lsdkj says:

Is Karen’s daughter black? That was totally rehearsed and scripted by the way.

19. Tamara says:

Do any of these women work? If they do what kind of work. If they don’t how do they pay their bills?

20. Camero says:

@ Tamara – Drita is a make-up artist, which is why she put that lovely blue eyeshadow on her friend for her birday pahdee. Karen is supposedly a house mom at a strip club but if you look her up it says she is an esthetician not a house mom at a strip club. I don’t think Carla and Renee work. I think they must live off of savings from the past lifestyle. If they work it hasn’t come up.

21. ipad 3 says:

I would like to thank you for the time you have made in writing this blogpost. I am hoping the same top-quality work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skill has inspired me to get my own blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a good example of it.

22. I would like to show thanks to this writer for bailing me out of this situation. Right after checking through the online world and finding tips which are not beneficial, I figured my life was done. Existing without the solutions to the issues you’ve solved as a result of your main review is a serious case, and the ones that would have badly damaged my career if I hadn’t encountered your web blog. Your know-how and kindness in handling every item was precious. I’m not sure what I would have done if I had not discovered such a stuff like this. I can at this point look forward to my future. Thanks very much for the impressive and sensible guide. I won’t hesitate to suggest the blog to anybody who should get recommendations on this issue.

23. Through my observation, shopping for gadgets online may be easily expensive, although there are some tips that you can use to obtain the best products. There are often ways to discover discount bargains that could help make one to come across the best consumer electronics products at the smallest prices. Great blog post.

24. Barbara says:

My sister and I LOVE your show and can’t wait for it each Sunday night! I live in Fl. and my sister lives in SC and after each show we email each other to discuss the program. We’ve been trying to figure out where you live because it seems we see the Bayonne Bridge before they show your house and then once you went in the Elm Park Inn. We grew up by that bridge in Pt. Richmond. The season finale is next Sunday and we’re really going to miss your show!

25. I like this blog very much, Its a rattling nice berth to read and find information.