Audrina – Episode 6 – Vegas, Sex Fish, And That Little Worm Kyle

World War III has begun, and surprisingly, the epicenter is in Orange County at the Patridge home. The fight between Lynn Patridge and her daughter Casey came to a head when Lynn was told she wasn’t welcome to babysit Casey’s kids. And hell hath no fury like a grandma scorned.

Poor Audrina. In this episode, not only does she have boyfriend drama with Corey, but her family is falling apart and her assistant is moving away. At least she has the one constant that all young celebrities have in their lives: A trip to Vegas on a private jet. But first, let’s address the family drama.

After Casey and Kyle storm out after the family dinner, Lynn continues to flip out with a barrage of obscenities that makes our network’s bleeper work for his money this week. Audrina tells her mother “It’s over. It’s done between you guys.” This is Lynn’s cue to go smoke out on the patio.

This means everyone else in the family holds court around the dinner table, analyzing the situation with confused looks on their faces (except for Mark, who always has an inappropriate smile on his face.)

Meanwhile, Casey and Kyle are out front and Casey mentions how thankful she is for Kyle’s family. “His mom is the mother I’ve always wanted and I’ve always needed,” she says, which will no doubt kill Lynn even faster than her chain-smoked Newport Lights.

“I’ve watched the TMZ video and you know what? She can try to apologize and say she didn’t mean any of that, but that’s who she is,” Casey continues. “Sorry, but I have more class than her and I’m not gonna do this. And this is exactly why she isn’t gonna see her grandkids.” So maybe Audrina is right, maybe this really does mean it’s the end of Lynn and Casey, those are some fighting words.

Mark decides to make good on his anniversary promise to Lynn and he takes her out shopping for a ring with the hope that it will cheer Lynn up. Lynn is upset, but not so upset that she can’t pick herself out an eight-carat diamond ring.

When she finally decides what she wants, she tells the jeweler she’s not interested in opening up no stinking ordinary ring box, she must have a light in the box. ‘Cause that’s classy.

Later, at Audrina’s, she and her assistant Michelle are talking about how Audrina cleans the house in her underwear while video-chatting with Corey. Is this for real? This is either a joke that proves that Audrina is funnier than we thought, or she serious and therefore more insane than we thought, in which case, ugh. It’s so hard to tell, but either way assistant Michelle can’t believe it. She also can’t believe the giant glass decanter that looks like a sex toy just sitting on Drina’s kitchen counter.

Michelle tells Audrina that sadly, she’s planning to leave California and she’s quitting her job with Audrina, and that, coupled with Audrina’s family trouble means a trip to Las Vegas is in order. Which means that the Patridge’s #1 fan, Donald Trump, gets some product placement in this episode.

In Vegas, Audrina, her brother Marky, assistant Michelle, and their friends party down.

Audrina parties so hard that she ignores her phone, which has been slowly accumulating messages from Corey, who thinks Audrina is out partying and having sexy time with random dudes. And yet Corey knows Drina is partying with her brother, so it makes no sense why he’s all jealous. Also, not that we didn’t expect this, but Michelle and Audrina are totally woo girls.

When they get back from Vegas, they head out to dinner with Lynn and Mark and discuss oysters, or as Lynn calls them, “sex fish” on account of their being an aphrodisiac. “I used to eat ‘em all the time, that’s why I had so many babies,” Lynn explains. In other news, is “sex fish” trending on Twitter yet?

After an exhausting half hour of family drama, Mark decides to reward us (and Lynn) with the one thing we all want most. That eight carat-ring in a light-up box.

Because we’ve all been through hell in this episode and we deserve it.

1. KB says:

Audrina’s mom is crazy! I am a mom around the same age as Lynn and have some similar tendencies when it comes to my daughters, but after seeing the episode after dinner with Casey and her husband, I totally understand why they don’t want their kids near Lynn. She shouldn’t have yelled at Casey’s husband and her daughter about grand parents rights. She sounded like a lunatic. She has no rights as a grand parent, please take it to court Lynn you would never win. The parents do not have to let you visit with their kids if they don’t want too. Lynn looks like a alcoholic and really just makes the family look sane while she is insane. Audrina why would you want to portray your family in a reality TV show, so sad when this is how you have to make money and get attention. :(

2. Melinda Tresa says:

Sorry, I am a little behind on the episodes because I am watching the show on ON_Demand. First off, I have to say Audrina has done an amazing job transitioning from a reality star to a professional working actress. She seems like a real down to earth person who understands the game and is now on the playing field, so congrats to that. In terms of her family, it’s pretty obvious that her sister Casey is envious of Audrina, but in a good way. Casey chose a different path in life and now she is dealing with it. However, she is looking for acceptance from her mother on her chosen lifestyle. When she doesn’t get it, she becomes insecure about her lifestyle choice and utilizes her children as a weapon against her Mom. Lynn needs to be aware of how she treats all her children because she is head of the household and by giving her children unequal acceptance, she is causing turmoil and unnecessary competition amongst her children. Wake up Lynn, your children need you, especially Casey. Understand your children have different needs and cater to them. Some need more attention than others and I think if you understood that, you wouldn’t have these problems. I am the 6th child in a family of 7 kids, I know what I am talking about. Hope it all works out!

3. Teri says:

I feel for Casey. I have the same kind of strained relationship with my mom and it’s exhausting. Like Lynn, my mom tends to say really hurtful things and then try to cover them up by saying that I’m too thin-skinned or have no sense of humor. Like Audrina, my sister gets along with our mom much better and really doesn’t understand why I’ve distanced myself. Since I’m not usually around to tell my side, I often get a lot of flak for being reluctant to come around too much. I totally get how conflicted Casey is. I mean, it’s hard to not be able to reconcile your feelings for your own mother when she should just without question be the easiest person to bond with and love.

4. BB says:

As a Mom and a Grandma, it just makes me cringe to see the horrible behavior that Lynn displays towards all her kids but especially Casey. Makes me wonder if she has a drinking problem as most of her explosions seem to happen when she is drinking. Or if she has some other psychiatric disorder such as manic depressive personality, clearly she needs something to mellow her out.

She seems to be living her dreams through Adrina, such as wanting to take over the Trump meeting with all the hugging and kissing of The Donald. If I was Casey I wouldn’t let my kids around her poison either. What I don’t get is it is so clear when she has her tirades how the rest of the family look on in horror and embarrasment yet afterwards, always seem to quickly forgive her and then put the blame on Casey. Lynn is the parent, Casey is the child, albeit a full and more mature adult than her mother. If there is to be a relationship Lynn has to be the one who has the most changes to make. I admire Casey who keeps going back for the punishment her mother loves to dole out, most kids would just walk away and write their abusive parent off. Casey is so starved for love and acceptance of her Mom, Lynn is upset but she has to look within herself for the reasons she is not allowed near her grandchildren.

Audrina, you seem to have the best relationship with your mother, perhaps you and your Dad can sit her down and get her into treatment. The TMZ video is not an accident or an aberration, it appears to be normal behavior from your Mom. She clearly needs help, someone in the family should help her get it. Only then can she and Casey mend their relationship, only then will she get to see her grandkids.

5. Jeff Godoy says:

Anyone who watches the Audrina show can see that Audrina’s mom is complete nut case. She never has anything positive to say to anyone but Audrina. From what I’ve seen there is nothing wrong with anyone in that family but her. I feel sorry for Casey & Kyle.

6. ALEXIS says:

OKAY, ITS OBVIOUS THAT AUDRINA’S MOM AND SISTER HAVE PROBLEMS THAT STEM WAY DEEP!! BUT WHATS UP WITH AUDRINA’S DAD????? I MEAN, IS HE THE HEAD OF THE HOUSEHOLD OR WHAT??? WHEN DRAMA GOES DOWN, HE NEVER HAS A DAMN THING TO SAY. IF THE MOTHER IS ACTING A FOOL, SPEAK UP AND TELL HER ABOUT HERSELF RIGHT THEN AND THERE!!! IF CASEY IS BEING DISRESPECTFUL IN THEIR HOME, SPEAK UP AND PUT HER IN HER PLACE. ALL HE DOES IS STAND OR SIT THERE WITH THAT DUMB ASS SMURK ON HIS FACE!!! I KNOW EVERYONE IS GROWN AND ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS, BUT IT COMES A TIME WHEN YOU HAVE TO STAND UP AND PUT THINGS IN ORDER IN YOUR OWN HOME!!! HAVE A VOICE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. SuzyQ says:

Repeatedly Audrina has mentioned, “no subject is off limits on my show.” Ok, how about dealing with the most obvious one? The Audrina on this show looks nothing like Audrina on “The Hills!” The Audrina we knew and loved is gone replaced by some waif-like version. What in the world happened? Where did her adorable, curvy body go, and why did she do that to herself before this show filmed? Why not wait until after filming so we could at least enjoyed the Audrina we grew to love one last time. Then she could have done whatever she wanted! We mis the old Audrina!

8. Azreen says:

@Melinda_Tresa I totally agree! Casey would be so much happier in her life if Lynn would just be more supportive instead of making everything about her! Lynn is so selfish!

@Teri You’re so right, they always blame the kids when they’re the ones who’re being insulting. Casey is right about how Lynn likes to be mean and then just pretends it never happens.

Lynn and Mark keep saying that it’s hurtful that Casey doesn’t appreciate everything that her parents did, but seriously what did they even do? Casey is a gorgeous, artistic, profound, and poised person and if Lynn would just open her eyes and appreciate her own daughter, then they could have a healthy mother-daughter relationship instead of this pathological one. I feel so sad for Casey. She’s being treated so badly, and yet she can just handle it gracefully and be totally used to it.