Mob Wives Producer Jennifer Graziano’s Father Is “Not Happy At All With The Show”

Mob Wives‘ producer Jennifer Graziano is well-connected. She’s the sister of star Renee Graziano (pictured above, left), and the younger daughter of Anthony Graziano, who is incarcerated for his mafia-related crimes. She also helped create the show that brought Renee together with her co-stars, Karen Gravano, Drita D’Avanzo, and Carla Facciolo on the small screen.

In an interview with the L.A. Times, Graziano spoke candidly about the effects on mob life on her family. The article points out that while Renee enjoyed being a “mafia princess,” Jennifer was much more modest and wouldn’t take advantage of her family connections the way Renee did. (We assume this means she’s never said “Don’t you know who I am?” which has been Renee’s famous catchphrase this season.) For Jennifer’s answers on growing up in the life, how the show has effected her family, and her longtime friendship with Karen Gravano, read on.

On the mob bust that brought down her former brother-in-law Junior Pagan: “Renee called me 5 a.m. in the morning, hysterical, crying. I’m like, ‘Let me put you on hold,’ [then mimics dialing the phone] ‘Get the cameras to Renee’s house right now!’ I felt like such a bitch.”

On the down-side of mob life: “The stuff the movies are made about — the furs, the money, the parties, the respect — it’s all great, but then at any given time the other shoe could drop and you’re going on prison visits and having to pay commissary and living your life absent of your husband or father.”

On how the show has affected her relationship with her father: “He’s not happy at all with the show. We’re not on the best of terms right now.”

On her friendship with Karen Gravano, who she has known since she was 13: “Yes, my father taught us never to rat, but he also taught us loyalty. By having Karen on the show, in no way am I condoning anything [her father] did.”

[Photo: Getty Images]

1. Kdizzle says:

I LOVE THESE WOMEN!! especially Drita and Carla!

2. Toni says:

wow!! vh1 I just wrote a long blog about this show and as always, Vh1 only puts on what they want, because my writing doesn’t show up and I just did it, how mess up is that…

3. Mob Mike says:

Marry a man.

4. Mob Mike says:

I mean marry a woman.

5. Susan-Carmella says:

Im a Gambino and I cannot believe you really air this! I cant blame anyone’s parents for being upset that you are telling the world about your business! My father Frank Gambino is deceased, and I would never go out in public and blab anything. Its disrespectful to the family. Shame on all of you!

6. Frannienyc says:

Hey,

I LOVVVEEEEE this show. the ladies are spectacular!!!…the fact that they are going live about there everyday life and now confronting past decisions that they are not proud of proves them to be courageous women. Keep the show coming and I believe Renee will come around and see who she really is and not what her father raised her to be!!!!!

7. christine says:

i want to see the next episode 8 and it is not available only the clips or best moments when can i see it??

8. shaolin 2011 says:

karen gravano is hot

9. katt62099 says:

I love mob wives. I hope you will come out with another season….

10. I love the show-your dad I hope comes around and sees the great job his two daughters have done…

11. JMJ says:

I love this show, and Renee makes me laugh. Karen is very sweet. Drita is a toughie and Carla is nice too. I just want all of them to get along.