It’s Time To Ask Lenny Kravitz Anything!

Last month, we brought Jordan Knight into our offices and invited you to Ask Him Anything. By all accounts, that experiment went extremely well, and most of you did not abuse the privilege. (Those of you that did, though –and you know who you are!– have been forgiven.)

Well, great news! We’re doing Ask Me Anything again now, but this time the subject will be the multi-talented musician/model/actor/raconteur Lenny Kravitz, whose new album, Black And White America, comes out on August 30. And, in case you didn’t play this game the first time around, we really mean it when we say you can Ask Lenny Kravitz Anything! Wondering if he kept the dreadlocks he shaved off (and if he can send them to you)? You should ask! Curious as to whether he’s a boxers, briefs or commando kind of guy? You should ask! Have you always been interested in learning how he divvys up his 401(k)? Now’s the time to ask, partner.

So, how do you ask? Well, there’s a few ways. You can leave a comment below, or you can tweet @vh1 with the hashtag #askmeanything. We’ll compile as many questions as we receive BY THIS THURSDAY MORNING (6/30/11) and do our best to get Lenny to answer them all. Remember, you can Ask Lenny Kravitz Anything, so make your questions as crazy or funny as you possible. The only limit is your imagination!

1. erica simms says:

Hi Lenny! Are U and your Beautiful daughter Zoe ever goning do a Duet Thanxx?

2. Martin Fonck says:

Hi Lenny, is there any chance that you include Costa Rica in your tour? and…
    Would you like to sponsor my family? Tweet me and I can explain.
    Keep the love ruling!

@MartinFonck

3. Big Mike says:

You basically grew up in a time when civil rights were finally being given to Americans and as time went on, the color line between black and white America began to blend. In fact, we finally have a black President. So how far do you feel we have come and how far do you think we still need to go until the line is invisible? Hope you are doing great and thank you for inspiring so many to be as God wanted us to be! – Peace – Big Mike

4. Mark Graham says:

What is your favorite of all the music videos you made?

5. Pat says:

Just had to ask this, and I’m sure all the ladies would like to know,are you still celibate?
    Your produest career moment
    Guiltest Pleasure
    Your secret skill
    Oddest thing you ever bought

6. Pat says:

Hi Lenny, how do you stay so fit ?

7. Alexa says:

If you lived in the Capitol, would you dress as crazy and absurd as the rest of the people? If so, what would you wear? If not, why not?

What is one of your favorite things about Cinna?

8. Alexa says:

You’re incredibly fit-how do you stay that way?
    What’s one of the best things about being on tour?
    In the Hunnger Games you’re playing Cinna. How are you preparing to play such an important and beloved character? Does it make you nervous to play someone who’s so loved and adored by the fans?

9. melissa carr says:

Lenny, besides music, do you have an interest in academia, e.g. mathematics, languages…ect?

10. This may be a corny question but I really want to know what inspires you when you sing on stage. You maybe having a crappy day but you still have to perform ….. what thoughts keep you going?

11. Denise says:

Lenny: When are you coming to Atlanta Georgia? Also how do you stay positive in such a crazy business?

12. Randi Nadler says:

Hi Lenny,

I know for a fact that you were raised in a mixed famiy, part Jewish and part Christian. Which seems to be guiding you in your personal life and your professional life more. Oh and if you do get this message would be please contact me I have some family things to tell you.

13. Amanda says:

Do any of the songs on your new album reflect your Christian faith?

14. mynameisanonymus says:

will you be my friend? o and are you able to sing and drink water at the same time?

15. heather says:

How does it feel knowing that many fans of The Hunger Games think you don’t deserve/don’t fit the role of Cinna and believe the reasons you got the part are 1. to be relevant again 2. because your daughter worked with Jennifer Lawrence in Xmen? In your interview with CNN you say you “didn’t see any online stuff” regarding fan reactions to your casting—do you think it’s a coincidence that Jennifer Lawrence also claimed to not see the online backlash to her casting—or is the cast of The Hunger Games really that technologically ignorant? In the CNN interview you also said you read the books: what will you bring to the table as Cinna, and what are your thoughts concerning Cinna’s ultimate role in the trilogy? If Cinna was real do you think he’d like your music?

16. Claudia Nava says:

What do you feel when you are onstage performing? Do you feel the love Lenny?
    What do you feel when you leave the stage once the concert is done?
    What is your favorite color?

17. rous says:

hi my lovely Lenny, hmmm three things u would keep if ur house is burning down, just three! LLR love u!

18. heather k. says:

19. Klaudya03 says:

Do you sing in the shower?
    have you ever tried doing headstands? did you know: Standing on your head in proper alignment calms the brain and strengthens the body.

20. Miia says:

“Sunflower” — Why did you have this title? does it have any meaning? Now, in Japan, more people are planting flowers. Do you know why? anyway, I have a great interest in this song.
    LOVE YOU, LENNY. from Japan.

21. Jade F. says:

What drew you to the role of “Cinna” in the upcoming hunger games?

Cinna is a very fashion forward character, are you heavily into fashion? What’s your must-have fashion piece?

-Jade F. from Northridge, CA

22. Antoinette says:

Can I please be your personal chef on the upcoming tour? I have REAL credentials. Can you perform one of my favorite songs “Storm” soon? Also was the “Storm” video filmed in San Francisco? Thanks Lenny & GOD BLESS YOU & Mr. LeRoy!!!!?

23. DeeVa Capriotti says:

Hello Lenny : #1. You sing songs of physical love. So,what kind of lover are you?
    Slow and passionate artistic type or rough and intense rocker bad boy. Both?
    #2. Your persona is based on ”Let Love Rule”? Why haven’t you settled down?
    Where is the love,Lenny?
    #3. Your back tattoo says ”My heart belongs to Jesus Christ”. Who does your
    mind and/or body belong to?
    #4. Your style is the epitome of cool and you are a fantasy for all types of
    women. Do you date all types of women or do you have a preference? What is
    your fantasy,what turns Lenny on? (Speak slowly and be very detailed;-)

24. DeeVa Y. Capriotti says:

Oh,Almost forgot the most important question. All ladies want to know.
    #5. Do you ever play your guitar in the buff? And for my own personal gain
    In my fantasy of you, is it cool if I call you ”Uncle Lenny”?
    (Dont ask, just say yes to both).. That is all..

25. Merry says:

Hello, Lenny. Of all the elements to creating your music, from writing a song/lyric to laying down a track in the studio, etc., is there one that gives you more of a buzz than the others, or do you get that from the total creative process? Do you consider publicity such as photoshoots, making music videos, etc. to be part of that creative process and do you enjoy it?

26. Melissa says:

Hello, Mr. Kravitz
    My question is how can and (or) do u potentially get involved with a woman whom is or has not experienced or is practicing celebacy? This practice is rare like certain gems, which I am. Sometimes I catch myself talking about abstaining from sexual activity and wonder after 9yrs will I ever meet my man. One more question, how do you think ur celebacy has helped u creatively with the contribution of this album?

27. Aphrodite says:

LK: My birthday wish this year is to be at your concert in Germany on Nov 23rd…is it possible to make my birthday wish come true?

28. Aphrodite says:

LK: I can’t ignore the fact that your music represent love in many dimensions so I really have to ask you- when making love to a woman, what is your favourite thing to do? ;)*

29. Savanna says:

As you know, there’s been a bit of controversy surrounding the decision to cast you as Cinna in The Hunger Games. Is there anything you’d like to directly tell fans of the series, to quell any doubts?

30. Domenico says:

have you ever thought of recording a funky track with Red Hot Chili Peppers?

31. Savannah says:

Hey Lenny
    So how did you get cast as Cinna?
    Do you relate to him?
    Have you read the books?
    What’s most interesting about him to you?
    Sorry Lenny, but I’m a big of the Hunger Games and when i heard you were going to play Cinna, I was intrigued. You didn’t fit the Cinna in my head but I’m sure you will bring him to life wonderfully!
    oh and as you said ”the fans don’t play” ;)

32. abbiegirl123 says:

OK, So who is better for Katniss-Peeta or Gale? Why?

33. Greg Wan says:

SUUUP LENNYY :]

Since you’ve been cast as the lovable Cinna, can you tell me how exactly you plan to play the role? Will he be a different Cinna than in the book? Any specific characteristics that you’d like to throw out?

thanks!!!!
    -greg

34. Christina says:

As you playing Cinna in The Hunger Game movie, do you plan to play his role as him natural way, or more of a serious way?

35. Veronica L. Will says:

This question is for Lenny Kravitz:

Lenny,

I gave you some Southern University t-shirts for you and Zoe at your concert in Biloxi, MS in November 2009. Your white t-shirt said: “Southern University is my school, but Jesus is my Lord.” Do you still have it, and have you ever worn it? I would love to see a picture or video of you wearing it!!! Thank you!!! LLL (Louisiana Loves Lenny)

36. Alice says:

1. You’ve probably heard that some fans weren’t happy about your being cast as Cinna. If you had a chance, what would you say to them?
    2. What is something special that you think you will bring to the role of Cinna?
    3. I saw you were at the Lavin Spring 2011 Fashion Runway in Paris! Obviously, like Cinna, you have a taste for fashion! If you could pick one, who is your favorite designer?

37. Veronica L. Will says:

Lenny, I have a couple more questions. Have you ever considered adopting children? And how can my friend Bre and I get backstage to hang out with you? LLL (Louisiana Loves Lenny)

38. Alice says:

1. When did you first discover your musical talent? Acting talent?
    2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
    3. You’ve probably heard that some Hunger Games fans weren’t happy with your being cast as Cinna. If you had a chance, what would you say to them?
    4. What is something unique or special that you believe you personally can/will bring to the role of Cinna?
    5. I saw that you were at the Lavin Spring 2011 Fashion Runway in Paris! Obviously, like Cinna, you have a taste for fashion. If you could choose only one, who is your favorite designer?

39. mm says:

Hi?
    happy to have a chance to ask questions.

1. Lenny, did you know anything about computers before you got your record deal?
    2. Have you noticed the crazy dramatic changes in the music industry? Why is everything such chaos?
    3. How do you really feel about music? Is it always apart of your everyday life?
    4. Have you ever found out about something that you didn’t know anything about?
    5. Would you consider being a judge on Idol? I think you’ll be great.
    6. What happened to music in the 90s? I noticed your musical style really changed.
    7. What do you really want to say to people?
    8. What is there to do when you are not working on music?
    9. Have you noticed how easy it is to get a record deal now? It wasn’t like that before, right?
    10. Why do you think females like Disney so much?
    11. Are there any other musical artists or songwriters you would consider working with? Do you think your selfish at times?
    12. Wouldn’t you want to hear your voice in another way like in another style of music?
    13. What else do you think you could do with music. Do you have limits?
    14. Why did you take so long to release and record this album?
    15. Do you ever not want to be a rock star?
    15. Can you sing live some lyrics from “Heaven Help.” I haven’t heard this song in so long?
    16. Do you feel like you are stuck in an era “hippie era?”
    17. Lenny, you’re looking good. How are you maintaining your health?
    18. Is there a Long John Silver’s/Golden Corral in New York?

40. Kathleen M says:

Hi, Lenny! Do you have anything in common with Cinna from the Hunger Games?

41. Valentina says:

Hello, Lenny. I hear you’re playing Cinna for The Hunger Games upcoming movie. Would you mind telling us about your audition and what it’s like on set? I’m very excited for the movie!

42. LemonDandelion says:

On a scale from 1-10, how blonde is Josh Hutcherson’s hair? :DD haha, I’ve seen a few pictures, but the lighting is bad and stuff, so I’m just wondering :)

43. Ciera says:

What do you and Cinna have in common? (I can’t wait to see the movie!)

44. Cheryl says:

Seems you have fans all over the world, and from your FB page I noticed posts from people asking you to perform in their hometowns. Is there any country or city your band has not toured that you are really eager to tour?

45. Ckatniss says:

What 3 things do you and cinna have in common?

46. Cheryl says:

I’m not a singer or a songwriter, but when in a really good mood I sometimes catch myself humming a sweet tune…one that I’ve never heard before. So I was wondering…how is a Lenny Kravitz song born? Inspiration + words then melody, OR inspiration + melody then words.

47. Klaudya03 says:

Have you ever gone Skinny Dipping in the Bahamas??.. alone .. or with someone? hmmm?
    Who or what is your muse for all your music?
    Are you still celibate?.. what is the purpose?.. how do you get the strength to fight off temptation?
    Have you finally met THE ONE? (your “other half”/”soul mate”) ?

48. Lenny21 says:

Hi?
    happy to have a chance to ask questions.

4. Have you ever found out about something that you didn’t know anything about?
    5. Would you consider being a judge on Idol? I think you’ll be great.
    7. What do you really want to say to people?
    8. What is there to do when you are not working on music?
    10. Why do you think females like Disney so much?
    13. What else do you think you could do with music. Do you have limits?
    14. Why did you take so long to release and record this album?
    15. Do you ever not want to be a rock star?
    16. Do you feel like you are stuck in an era “hippie era?”
    17. Lenny, you’re looking good. How are you maintaining your health?
    18. Is there a Long John Silver’s/Golden Corral in New York?
    19. Lenny, have you ever shopped at jcpenny’s?

49. @Klaudya03 says:

Are you either Religious or Spiritual?
    Do you practice meditation?
    Are you actively involved with a charitable cause?

50. Madeline B. says:

Hello Lenny. If you weren’t the amazing rock star that you are, what would be your ideal day job??

51. Muzikliluvnlife says:

Mr. Kravitz,

1. Hurricane Katrina helped me realize what I value most in my life. There’s a mandatory evacuation and you get to bring only one possession; what would it be and why?
    2 .What’s the one thing you want your grandchildren to tell their children about you?
    3 .What “Old School” cartoon character do you most identify with and why? (Ex. Speed Racer, Underdog, Roadrunner, Popeye, etc.)
    4 .What’s one thing you’ve done for a woman that if “your boys” found out you would be kicked out of the “man club”?
    5. So what do you REALLY order when you go the Wing Snack (Orleans & Claiborne)? Garlic Parm or Arizona? 10 or 20 piece? Ghetto Punch? New House Ranch Fries? ….And may I treat you to dinner there someday? :)
    6. Can you PLEASE ask Sidney to stop blocking and allow a long time fan to give you a hug and say “Thank You” for 21 years of music that has lifted me HIGHER? ?
    Peace, Blessings, & Love

-Kristine from New Orleans

52. celine says:

Lenny, since no one really thought of you to play the part of Cinna in the up coming movie The Hunger Games, are you afraid that you will disappoint the audience? It must be hard seeing as most of the fans reactions to you being cast was shock and concern. As a fan myself i hope you play the role as it was meant to be.

53. Juliana says:

What are some personality traits or quirks that you may share with Cinna?

54. Frida says:

Mr. Kravitz

1. What do you do to prepere for the roll as Cinna?
    2. Have you got to shot some scenes form the Hunger Games Movie?
    3. Who is your favorite caracter in the Hunger Games? And why?
    4. How did you get the part of Cinna?

Thanks ^^ Btw, I think your an amazing Cinna!

55. ABQ says:

do you still want 6 more kids or has that number been reined in, & do you plan to be on the road , going the nanny route while your superwoman wife brings home the bacon,neither barely knowing your kids?

56. Angel says:

…Could you marry a woman who pr etty much just wanted to do art & write all day and make you laugh over [&sometimes do] dumb ish, even if you were the only one who “got” her?

57. David Clarke says:

Are you bringing along fans for this tour like you did for the “Love Revolution” tour? If so, PLEASE!!!! take me! HUGE FAN, if that wasn’t obvious enough. You are an amazing musician, actor and LOVE/PEACE proclaimer, you have inspired me in so many ways, with my music, writing and life choices. my tattoo “L.I.T.A.” (love is the answer) is based on your, and John Lennon’s, obsession with peace and love. so thank you for keeping rock and roll alive! also, on a side note, are you a Queen fan?

58. small lady says:

Hey Leonard! You are man who have Spirit. Do you believe that you can recognize your Soulmate, who live in that same Spirit, when you meet her? Could you think to be marry with woman, who don´t want to live celebrity life at all ( don´t care about fashion,material things etc.), who would like to live more just country life?

59. Tammy says:

Lenny you are such an amazing soul and your music carries intensity like no other. You write the most heart felt songs. The 1st time I heard “I’ll be waiting” I was mesmerized.. What was going on with you when you wrote it?

60. Aphrodite says:

LK: Have you ever gone somewhere in public where you weren’t recognized?

61. Aphrodite says:

LK: What’s your favorite type of food? Do you know how to cook? Do You cook?

62. Aphrodite says:

LK: I’ve noticed you’re very attracted to Europe…it’s s beautiful continent, no doubt…but you also have a great fan base in Africa, will you ever consider doing a tour to include Africa?

63. sadesafira says:

God bless you Lenny! I respect very much your attitude to celibate, no sex without love & marriage. There is just few men in this world, who live with this same attitude. And you are very special, cos i don´t doubt that you have millions choice to have it, if you just want it. And you have told that you miss also that woman have mind and spirit, not only the body. I´m sure you have pray for that you meet that kind of lady. But how you feel, when God doesn´t answer to your asking , or it takes time and time, and you see that years goes and goes. Do you ever have feeling, like is there really my lady in this world, like it´s impossible to find so perfect one? Even sometimes it can feel impossible, KEEP YOUR FAITH! God know times better, than we know. And one day you gonna meet her. LOVE

64. Laura says:

1) When you accepted the role as Cinna in The Hunger Games, did you realize what a backlash the Tributes would have?
    2) Do you think you can play Cinna to the ideas that all the Tributes have in their heads, or are you planning on trying to bring something else to the table?
    3) If you could be any other character in the Hunger Games trilogy, who would it be and why?

65. Runa says:

Mr. Kravitz,

1) What’s your favourite colour?
    2) What’s your favourite animal?
    3) Do you like playing “Cinna”?