Famous Food Star Danielle Staub On Why Ashley Dupre Pisses Her Off

When I sat down with Danielle Staub recently, I was skittish about asking about Ashley Dupre at first. Ashley had told me that working with Danielle on Famous Food wasn’t easy, and I didn’t know if that was a topic Danielle would respond well to, or if she’d want to just let their drama play out on the show.

I should have known better, really. If there’s one thing you can say about Danielle, it’s that she doesn’t worry what anyone thinks of her. And once the subject was brought up, Danielle let all of her opinions about Ashley fly, uncensored. Hear what Danielle has to say about her co-star and competitor and decide for yourself if you think she’s too harsh or just speaking her mind.

Despite the fact that the show is done and the restaurant is up and running, are you still cold on the picnic theme chosen for the restaurant, which was Ashley’s idea?

Still very cold on that, no picnics. Nobody wants to take Ashley on a picnic either. She is room service, at best.

Was she the main person in the group that you clashed with?

Yes, and I think that people will see why, because she said something horrific that she never really apologized for. And once you do that to me…It’s five years later with my ex-cast I’m still thinking you need to say you’re sorry when you’ve done something wrong. Ashley needs to say “I’m sorry” because she started this whole thing.

Was this something that we will see on an upcoming episode?

Yes, you will, and it’s absolutely uncalled for, and what I did was remain dignified and wait for an apology and when that didn’t come, game on. She’s not gonna see me let up anytime soon, she can say I’m drama and I’m this and I’m that, but no. I’m good TV and you’re on my playground now, this is not the political arena where all the men are holding up dollar bills or one-hundred-dollar bills to try to get a minute with you, or whatever it is that you charge. It is VH1 and it’s Danielle Staub, and you’re not here to change your image. I’m not going to let that happen. You are known for being a governors ex-call girl…you’re not a singer.

What did you think when you were all introduced on your first meeting, did you know her or anyone else at the table?

Didn’t know who she was! To be honest with you, it took me a few minutes, and then when Three 6 Mafia was whispering it in my ears, it was like “Oh, the hooker.” I’m thinking it would be seven celebrities, not six celebrities and a call girl. I became famous on television, everyone else became famous from being on TV or in the business, she’s not really a part of this…Well now she is, but she didn’t become famous for that. So when I’m thinking I’m being cast with celebrities I’m thinking “What have I seen her on?” andwhen they told me I was like nice, she’s just here to piss me off. That’s what it was, she was just there to piss me off.

1. Karen says:

Ok, so Danielle felt bullied on RHONJ by all the housewives calling her nasty names–and now she’s the first to turn around do the same exact thing to someone else? Ashley’s super sweet and doesn’t deserve this. Way to live in love and light, Danielle…

2. TK says:

Is there a more delusional old woman on TV than Danielle ? She is only good TV material because she is a total train wreck that just keeps getting better. Is there ANY talent there other than self promotion ?
    I laugh every time she is on the screen and just wait (because you know it is coming) for her to say or do something totally stupid, inappropriate or shows how little her brain functions. Her strength is that all who watch her know that there is someone that has less capacity then they do, but has money, some celebrity status and that even with this you cannot make a silk purse out of an old sow’s ear. Keep it up Danielle, you have reached the pinnacle of baffoonery.

3. Jean says:

Danielle seems to have a short memory. I’ve seen her on Houwives and she has a really shady past. She is a thug in a cocktail dress to quote Alex from another Housewives show. I am really impressed with Ashley, Jake and Heidi. I don’t know why they have Danielle there except for ratings which is really a shame. She has no redeeming qualities. I’ve followed Mike (Boogie) (and Will) since his time on Big Brother and feel he is a really smart guy so if he picks Danielle I’ll lose all respect for him. You know guys, this would have been a great show without Danielle. She is just as bad as Omorosa in different ways but I think they scraped the bottom of the barrel with Danielle. Sorry Danielle, but when you put yourself out there like you do you will get is back. You are just mean, jealous and a bully.

4. SHAMEONUVH-1 says:

SHAME ON U VH-1, FOR PROVIDING A FORUM WHICH ALLOWS DANIELLE STAUB TO SPEW HER OBNOXIOUS BRAND OF NARCISSISTIC VENOM. HOW DARE YOU DISHONOR AND DIS-SERVICE YOUR VIEWERS BY PANDERING TO THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR. STAUB IS NOT GOOD TV – ASSUMING THAT THE GENERAL PUBLIC WOULD FIND SOMEONE SO UTTERLY UNLIKEABLE ENTERTAINING IS CONDESCENSION TO THE NTH DEGREE. SHE EMBODIES THE WORD ‘UNATTRACTIVE’ ON EVERY LEVEL. EVERYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SHOW, FROM THE DOLCE GROUP TO VIACOM, SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED – THIS WOMAN MAKES CASEY ANTHONY LOOK LIKE MOTHER TERESA.

5. Anna says:

Have only 3 episodes of Famous Food aired? I keep looking for it and it’s kind of hard to find.

6. Summer says:

I haven’t read the other comments to see if anyone else commented on this but does Danielle have a lapse in memory?? Did she forget that SHE was in fact a escort herself???
    Those who live in glass houses…..you know the rest!

JUST SAYIN’…….

7. Lizzi says:

I cannot believe Beverly is on another show. Just read where she was fired from Housewives and fired from a show “Social” that maybe 20 people saw. Has she brought a gun to Lemon Basket yet? I feel so bad for her children……years of therapy coming their way.
    She has the nerve to talked about Ashley being a call girl…….well, let’s see…….1) Danielle tapes herself having sex and sell it to the highest bidder ($2.99), 2) Was arrested for kidnapping, drugs, extrotion, prostitution. I will say that was a long time ago, but didn’t she just get some money from a Strip club to perform for three years. OMG…..she is calling names. What a sick-o tramp. Too bad we can vote her off the island!

8. Tina Peterson says:

Danielle is the only person on earth that makes me sick to my stomach! She is sooooooo GROSS! I feel so sad & sorry for her 2 girls (they seem to be good kids from what I’ve seen of them on Housewives). It seems the older girl does a lot of “parenting” of Danielle & both, at times, appeared quite embarrassed of their mother. The show isn’t about Danielle as she seems to think. She does not work well with others, forgets that there is no “I” in “Team”, and certainly does a great job all by herself of making herself look stupid, yet tries to blame everyone else. Take the check book away from her! She does not have the “power” she thinks she has – the 2 mafia guys aren’t impressive, and as far as I’m concerned, are in the same dump with Danielle! Ashley, Heidi, Jake & Vinny – you’re doing a great job!! Keep it up! I’m rooting for you four!!!!

9. Vicky says:

I find it amusing how Ms. Staub brags about the “A” list she is in touch with…this woman is living
    in another world! To continue to say Ashley is a hooker is, well, to know one is to be one! This
    over the hill want-a-be is, well, over the hill! To think of her running nothing but a stripper pole is
    a joke!

10. kaitlin says:

danielle is a crazy person! She says things about other people to bring them down to only make herself look like a total psycho. her poor poor kids, why are they even still allowed to be under her care?!?

11. betsy says:

Ashley may have made mistakes as a young adult, just like Danielle did…
    the whole torture, prostitution, drug thing…
    The big difference is…ashley learned her mistakes before having children….
    Danielle you signed a deal with Scores just as of late…with two impressionable daughters…then have the nerve to call out Ashley on the show, about how you already had one politician say they would not come to the restaurant becaue of her….
    Are you sure the politicain didn’t come because of the awful Scores video all over the net?
    I am hoping your daughters did not see that!