Famous Food‘s Danielle Staub, Proud Reality Villain, Talks About Her New Show

Danielle Staub is the first to admit she is a reality television villain. But she also knows that without a villain, reality TV would be boring, so she doesn’t see anything wrong with what she does best.

When I spoke to Danielle recently about her new job competing for a partnership with The Dolce Restaurant Group on VH1′s new series Famous Food, she explained that she’s thrilled to have a new show that takes place 3,000 miles from her “ex-irrelevant cast” from The Real Housewives of New Jersey, but that’s not to say she’s making any friends.In my interview, I found out all about how this show compares with her old one, how she loves being part of the VH1 family, but most importantly, I realized this is a woman who is not shy about saying exactly how she feels about everything. You’ll notice she touches briefly on her contentious relationship with Ashley Dupre — be sure to check out even more of my chat with Danielle tomorrow, when she addresses her beef with Ashley.

Would you say that this experience has been positive? Because I know there’s a little bit of drama on the show from what we’ve already seen on episode one.

This was nothing, it’s playground! Whatever — I survived the Real Housewives and being attacked by everyone not just who you saw on-camera, everyone off-camera, too. Once you removed me from that show, you could see that I wasn’t the problem, but I do own the fact that I do enjoy being reality TV’s number one villain in history, I’m the only villain still.

So you relish that?

I love it, I love it. I know how to do TV, it’s my job to do TV, but I also know how to keep it real, pull back when it’s necessary, and bring it on when it is. I just don’t think that too many people they put in the arena with me are gonna know how to do that. Ergo, my ex-cast. They didn’t have that filter, they don’t know how to do this the way I do. Now that it’s all focused on their lives falling apart, they’re seeing that you can’t blame me, you just can’t. I will take Famous Food, and VH1 and all the drama that comes, I’ve been watching VH1 religiously because it’s my new family, and I have to tell you, they keep it real. There’s some tough ones on here, some that I wouldn’t want to be cast with anybody else on here, that’s for sure.

If you had to go head to head with someone from one of these other shows like Mob Wives or Basketball Wives, is there someone that you think is on par with you?

D: I don’t know if I would want to piss off anyone one Mob Wives or Basketball Wives. I can’t say that I want to go toe to toe with any of them, I actually admire all of them, I know exactly what they’re going through…but I do have to say to their credit, unlike my ex-irrelevant cast, they have resolve with what they do it’s not crazy.

You’re right about that. I asked Karen from Mob Wives how they fight so much and can actually move on and get past it, she was just like “That’s what the point to show is, it’s to prove that you can keep going.”

See, she spoke it like a true lady should. I wasn’t on a show with ladies, with real women, I was on a show with children trying to hide behind everything.

Do you think that being on a show that is a competition creates more tension?

Absolutely! I learned very early in not to say your ideas out loud until Mike and Lonnie [of the Dolce Group] arrived because when I would throw my ideas out, someone else would speak up and of course they are gonna cut it out and it’s gonna look like it was Heidi [Montag]’s idea or it was Ashley’s idea, but it was mine. I learned that when Mike and Lonnie would arrive, I’d always sit at the head of the table, rightfully so, and nail it to the wall, boom. And everyone wants to try and talk over me, go ahead try, I’ll talk louder.

You were clearly trying to position yourself as, I don’t know if I should say the “front runner,” but you were the first one to say “This is a competition, and I am in it to win it.”

Oh, I’m the front runner and you will see why all the way through. I will not let down, I did not leave my children to go to LA. You will see how Heidi is like “I left my home,” and first of all its ten minutes away, and your husband brings you to and from work every day, what did you leave? I left my home I’m on the East Coast, I came to the West Coast, I left my two children for the first time in their lives for eight weeks to do a show, I’m not here to make nice.

We definitely see some tension, for instance with Vinny Pastore.

That’s a true Italian Jersey thing! He and I are good. He’s my boy. I love Vinny, I do. There’s not a lot I agree with him on, but he is able to understand the importance of “I’m sorry,” and you will see everything play out with Vinny and I, which is really the way it should always play out. Resolve, resolve!

Was the dynamic of working with a lot of men different from working with mostly women?

Much different. I was hoping you would touch on that, because for me, believe it or not the basis of most of my friendships are men, and they’re just friendships, you do anything further you lose the friendship. So it’s safe to say that having guys in the cast was really really important to me and it changed it so much, and you can see in episode one and that was the first day Juicy J put his arm around me several times, and you’ll never see Juice or Deej turn on me. Well, you’ll see some stuff but you won’t see anything that’s major, and DJ Paul and I are still texting, we’re still friends and he’s my bestie. He watched the show [RHONJ] religiously because of me, and has 40 million albums and an Oscar?

I’ll be honest with you, it did comfort me a lot knowing that I had allies, I knew I wasn’t gonna mesh with the girls ’cause they’re just girls and they’re gonna want to try and get on that platform with me and try and take Danielle Staub down, which is why I think Ashley went at me so much. She really felt like if she takes me down, she’ll be liked by all my haters, and it’s not gonna work that way. I have haters for being on the Real Housewives and I have also fans from being on there, you don’t wanna underestimate my fans, because there are far more fans than there are haters.

1. karlykat says:

PIG PIG PIG

2. sick of lip says:

THERESA FROM JERSEY HOUSE WIVES SHOULD GIVE DANIELLE A VISIT BECAUSE SHE NEEDS A GOOD SLAP ACROSS THE MOUTH. SHE WAS NOT SO BAD IN THAT SHOW ,BUT IN THIS SHOW SHE HAS SEEM TO FOUND THE BACK BONE OF A SNAKE.

3. Robyne says:

OMG! I can’t even get through this episode with Daniel.. She is all about is dominating airtime, having 5 year old tantrums, making horrible decisions and is ruining the enjoyment of this show single handed. Can we just bleep her out so we can watch Famous Food and not the Daniel look like an idiot show?

4. sue says:

I agree that the show is hard to watch with that woman (hard to even say her fake name) on it. Hated even reading what she has to say, wished I hadn’t. She thinks she’s a villian, but she’s actually disgusting.

5. JPM says:

Danielle Staub is arguably the most unlikeable person to ever appear on television. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about her. She is NOT good television. Her obsessive self absorption is painful to witness. She is unattractive on every level, dull, ignorant, over dramatic, a horrendous actress, classless, and remarkably narcissistic given all her obvious shortcomings, defects, and weaknesses. It is almost unbearable to watch the show whenever she is on screen. The producers sell the general public short by assuming we would be interested in watching someone who is so repulsive. Watching this broad is akin to and about as interesting as watching an infected boil fester. Shame on you VHI for providing a forum to such an inflated and boorish asshole.

6. Jo Ann says:

Danielle is so insecure about herself and that is part of the reason she acts the way she does. She knows Heidi and Ashley both are much, much smarter than she is and may I add prettier and that is a real threat to her. It’s not so much about outer beauty, its more about inner beauty and she has neither. So the bottom line is if she feels threatened in any way, she uses that vile mouth of hers to attack before she thinks someone might sense her insecurity and attack her. She made comments about Ashley’s past…she doesn’t have a good past either and she thinks because she is protrayed as a villian on tv makes her all that when what it does is solidify what a horrible human being she really is. How she thinks her attitude is making her daughters proud just shows how disillusional she really is. VH1 doesn’t care about her kids, they only care about the ratings and all they are doing is making a fool out of her even more than RHONJ did and she thinks thats ok? Wow…that’s pathetic. So if she can tear someone down (Ashley or Heidi) she thinks she’s special. Really?

7. JAL says:

Danielle seems to be a legend in her own mind. From the JH she’s got these two pretty daughters. One has modeling talent, and the other has singing talent. She’s going to ruin them both with her reputation. They’re not going to make it with their talent until they’re adults and can seperate their names from their mom’s.

8. Arlene says:

I can’t stand Danielle ! I hope the partners are seeing right through her GHETTO BUTT! It’s no wonder she got kicked off Jersey Housewives!

9. InvaderGUI says:

Where di you guys fing this Daniel thing. I mean come on!!! It looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. It’s eyebrows don’t even match. And the menu for the resturant is straigh out of an elementry school cafateria. This thing has no class and belong back walking the streets for money where you found it.

10. sweety212 says:

Danielle is ms. lowclass white trash skank! She is the dumbest person I’ve ever had to listen to and thinks shes better than anything and anyone, sorry honey you not better than a pile of dog poop.. get a life and you dont know squat about A listers…

11. Pooky says:

Wow…who does Danielle think she is…she keeps bring up Ashley’s past…so ok she made a few mistakes (not saying I am ok with them) but she is learning from them and trying to make herself better…but where does Danielle come off thinking she is better…please she was doing the same thing (and probably still is) and much worse…kidknapping, drugs etc…and to say she has a Senator that won’t come to the opening because of Ashley…I really doubt she knows any Senator. It will probably be HER fault if it doesn’t open on time. Why oh why is she handling the check book…I would do an audit…and I am sure everyone will be happy to know she was out doing Botox till 2 in the afternoon instead of being at the job site writing checks and dealing with the menu…Good for Ashley, Heidi and Jake for taking matters into their own hands…I just wish they would kick her out…hope she reads these…

12. SHAMEONUVH1 says:

SHAME ON U VH-1, FOR PROVIDING A FORUM WHICH ALLOWS DANIELLE STAUB TO SPEW HER OBNOXIOUS BRAND OF NARCISSISTIC VENOM. HOW DARE YOU DISHONOR AND DIS-SERVICE YOUR VIEWERS BY PANDERING TO THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR. STAUB IS NOT GOOD TV – ASSUMING THAT THE GENERAL PUBLIC WOULD FIND SOMEONE SO UTTERLY UNLIKEABLE ENTERTAINING IS CONDESCENSION TO THE NTH DEGREE. SHE EMBODIES THE WORD ‘UNATTRACTIVE’ ON EVERY LEVEL. EVERYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SHOW, FROM THE DOLCE GROUP TO VIACOM, SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED – THIS WOMAN MAKES CASEY ANTHONY LOOK LIKE MOTHER TERESA.

13. Can’t stand Danielle Staub. Was so happy to see her go on RHONJ. She would be a disaster to this restaurant. Maybe Ashley previously was a call girl but she sure knows how to act like a calm, sweet human being, unlike Danielle.

14. lil says:

Dear God, Please make this woman kill herself. In Jesus’ name we pray….

15. Kathy Montgomery says:

I had to stop watching RHNJ because of DANIELLE. There is no way I can watch Famous Food with her on it. She’s like a cockroach, just will not die.

16. anne0 says:

As a much wiser person said: ” GARBAGE.” DS’s pix is beside the def of the word.

17. Linda Whisler says:

Hey , Well atleast everybody in america knows where not to go eat, if they do not support DS. I saw bits and pieces, and I ‘m not wasting my time on her personality anymore.She yells and cusses, and calls people names .That’s not attractive, or attention getting . That’s why I did initials, because, I’m, not sure of her last name Somebody has more money than sense.