Music Seen: After 25 Years In The Business, Jordan Knight Is Still A Heartthrob [PHOTOS]

Celebrities who emerge as teen idols rarely stay that way. It’s one of the immutable laws of celebrity nature. They get older, their fans get older, and generally, everyone eventually moves on.

That, however, has not been the case for Jordan Knight, who began his run as a heartthrob way back in 1986 and is showing no signs of slowing down. Whether performing as part of the New Kids On The Block, NKOTBSB, or as a solo artist, Jordan Knight remains culturally relevant to this day not just because he’s a handsome devil or because his falsetto instantly causes listeners’ knees to weaken, but because he continues to record songs that resonate with audiences of all ages.

Jordan popped by our offices here in Times Square not too long ago while on a publicity tour for his new solo album, Unfinished. We asked him to be the latest artist to participate in our ongoing Music Seen feature, and he kindly obliged. Enjoy!—Mark Graham

[Photo Credits: Jen Marigliano/VH1]

1. Shakira Mendoza says:

I just want to say I agree with everything that was writen in this article. After 25 years I finally got on eof my dreams to come true.My bestfriend and I went to the Orlando concert of NKOTBSB on 7/22 and it was the BEST concert

2. Muriel says:

OMG!!! I’LL BE LOVING YOU FOREVER JORDAN KNIGHT!!

3. Nicole Setser says:

I got the new album that he signed when I saw him in concert with the NKOTBSB. I have listened to it . It is a great album. I have been a fan of his and the other guys since they started. I hope he keeps on making music and touring. Would love to see him tour on his own and with the guys. He has a great voice. Never met him but I believe he his a great guy and deserves what ever comes his way that is good.

Nikki

4. Holly says:

I completely agree! I just had the pleasure of experiencing NKOTBSB 07/23/11 in Greensboro, NC and it was the absolute BEST concert EVER!! =)

5. Josie says:

I love all ur pics. here….thanks for sharing.

6. Teele says:

Hes not bad looking, when i saw them live in the UK a couple of years ago, i think his brother looked far better. (sorry)

7. Doneta Schlaepfer says:

Unfinished is outstanding!! The best album ever of Jordans! I have been to 8 NKOTB concerts—if I could go to all of them I would. No plans to slow down yet! If they are on tour I am there with them!!

8. Jordan is hotter than ever! And Unfinished is his best yet.

9. sammie schoeppner says:

I agree 100%. Its amazing how a group of people can take such a hold on our hearts. What a wonderful surprise when they reunited. I’ve been to 3 concerts since and FINALLY got to get a pic with Jordan at his recent autograph signing in Columbus. Been a fan since way back and will continue to be as long as they’re around. Can’t wait till the next tour. Too bad they have to take breaks. lol. How nice it is to finally be an adult and buy my own amazing tickets. lol.

10. Myra says:

I have been a fan since his NKOTB days and Unfinished is by far his best work. He’s a very talented artist and entertainer and he should be proud!

11. LizB says:

I’ve been a fan of Jordan’s for 25 years. He’s gotten better looking with age and his voice is still amazing! Whoever said “Unfinished” is his best album yet WAS TELLING THE TRUTH! So good and deserves so much more credit than it is getting! I have been requesting the single “Stingy” on my local radio stations since I first heard it after I got the album. I encourage EVERYONE to do this!!

12. sassy2knight says:

….this man is true perfection here on earth…..humble, gerogous, talented….yum!

13. Dawn Ottier says:

Thank you for the article. Jordan has a definitive star quality that withstands time. His talent and choice of timing to show us all his new heartfelt songs will keep him a star for years to come. And the sullen quality of these photos makes him “James Dean” glorious. It’s as if his heart has left him and he’s been left empty. But it’s sexy.

Appreciating gloriousness from Vancouver Canada

14. Tanya says:

He still has it all. The looks, the moves and the voice. His first solo album is a great r&b album where interscope marketed all wrong. So glad he has this album out now. He still has it and hope VH1 and others give him more love because it is good, NKOTB showed with their reunion they still have it and The Block had great songs. Too bad radio still seems to have this negative stigma against them. It is unreal how he still looks as this good.

15. MicheleH says:

One word…HOT! And still HOT after all these year! Jordan Knight was my first celebrity crush…and who would have thought that twenty some years later he still is! You are fantastic at everything you do! Looking forward to many more albums from you and NKOTB! Love ya much! Muah!

16. monica says:

Soy de Mexico y soy FAN de JORDAN desde hace 25 aƱos!!!! NKOTB 4ever!!!

17. Brandi Marie says:

… ALL THAT AND MORE!! As a young girl, my family never had the means for me to indulge in my NKOTB infatuation. Now all grown up, I’m blessed and privileged enough to do what I once couldn’t. …So, over the last 3 yrs I’ve done just that.. The meet & greets, concerts, pre/after parties, special events, his “Unfinished” release party and last but certainly not least, I got to sail away on the 2011 cruise. I say all that to say this…You won’t find many artists out there that give so much of themselves as Jordan Knight does. Whether its on tour with NKOTB(SB), performing songs from his album “Unfinished” or everything in-between … Jordan is always striving to give110%. I have gained so much respect for him as a musician/artist/performer and as a man!

18. Gail T says:

Unfinished is such a great CD! Jordan just gets better & better. How about adding the Stingy video 2 the play list at VH1.com?

19. Aimee says:

“Unfinished” is an amazing album! JK’s best work yet. Like fine wine… He just keeps getting better!

20. Deanne says:

I love Jordan, he has always been my favorite New Kid. I had the chance to meet him one on one in Chicago this past June and it was the best experience ever and I will never forget it. And Unfinished is the best album ever!

21. stephanie says:

well cograts jordan you dersive this.all long w nkotb.

22. fhitria says:

Loving Jordan Knight Forever! Unfinished is an awesome CD!

23. You are doing an awesome job! Please come back to Erie as yourself or with NKOTB. I was at the concert and brought my mom with me. She enjoyed listening to all of you and sang to your songs…lol. I wished I would have met you in person. My concert ticket said no cameras and I did not bring one but everyone else did and I was so disappointed so I was hoping you could come back and this time I will bring my camera!

24. Michelle Rocha says:

The best album !!! I love it !! Jordan, can you come, please, to Brazil? :)

25. Linz says:

I have been a fan of his and NKOTB since the beginning. I actually got the chance to meet him in Columbus last weekend at Best Buy and let me just say, he definitely is still a heartthrob! So handsome, charming, and nice! ‘Unfinished’ is an absolutely fantastic album!! Love every song on there!! Hopin’ he does a solo tour after NKOTBSB is done!! And the NKOTBSB concert was amazing! The best concert I have ever been to!!

26. Rachel says:

You know how they say things get better with age…TRULY the case with Jordan Knight. So hot & love that falsetto!

27. Shannon says:

Agreed!!!!! I have always been a “Jordan Girl”! I have grown up with New Kids, seeing 4 or 5 concerts back in the day, 3 more including Charlotte, Greenville, Vegas, plus Cruise ’11 since their “comeback” and just saw NKOTBSB in Greensboro. I am a shameless lover of NKOTB and ALL the guys. Jordan’s latest solo studio effort is fantastic! His voice, to me, is like butter and just gets better as ‘we’ get older. Really hoping he does a solo tour with “Unfinished”. Great stuff! :)

28. Megyn Wilson says:

I was 4 years old when New Kids on the Block came out. This amazes me because I have loved Jordan Knight for as long as I can remember. I never really thought about it until I read this, but this pretty much means that I have loved this man and his amazing voice for my entire life. I have always loved him and always will. I hope he continues to perform for many years to come!

29. Chrissey Nelson says:

I just wanted to say that I have been a huge fan Of NKOTB from 1989, Jordan has always been my fav.. After waiting 22 years I finally got to meet him at a Meet and greet… It was a fast 20 sec but hey way worth it.. Seen them in concert same day… Have listen to Jordan Cd over and over.. I love the way his voice sounds and I will always be a Huge fan of his and the rest of NKOTB… I hope that they go on tour with in the next few years would love to see them.. Let leave out BSB. Sorry.. I loved when it was just NKOTB. Way better show. I will always love him.

30. Rebecca Speer says:

This man and his 4 brothers are all amazing. Not only touring with NKOTBSB but promoting a new album they never seem to stop or amaze us. I have loved them since I was 12 and I will continue to love them. Thanks for returning back into our lives and sharing your lives with us. Jordan’s new album is amazing and i cannot get enough of it nor him. Keep up the great amazing work. Love Ya

31. RENATA KNIGHT says:

i loved your photos are beautiful here in Brazil you want to do a show Can not wait to come much love

32. momoko says:

OMG i freakin love Jordan Knight. when i saw him on your front page i was like ;O OMG.
    please play his music video Stingy with Donnie Wahlberg.

33. Kim Charboneau says:

Jordan was one of my favorite New Kids when I was really into them in 1990-1991 (I also liked Joe so i couldn’t choose lol) Jordan is so successful because he’s got all THE RIGHT STUFF. I agree with the article when it said seldom do you see an artist who continues to hold the popularity/heartthrob status but Jordan sure has. I’ve never gotten lucky enough to see NKOTB in concert yet but it’s one of my dreams to do so one day :)

34. Sonja Nissen says:

He has talent. It doesn’t surprise me that he is as successful as he is. I applaude him for his efforts in the music business. I heard great things about him since childhood growing up in the same city.We also went to the same High School, I new he was going to be a success.!

35. This is my faavorite member of NKOTB… He’s the guy iv’e looked up to since they first reunited in 2008… THIS GUY ROX…

36. TAMMY CLARK says:

I LOVE JORDAN HAVE BEEN A FAN SINCE 1986,HE HAS WAY WITH HIS MUSIC, TO TOUCH LIVES LOVE JORDAN KNIGHTS NUMBER 1 FAN FOR LIFE

37. TAMMY CLARK says:

HI I WANTED JORDAN KNIGHT TO KNOW HE HAS HELPED ME MORE THAN HE KNOWS MY HUSBAND WAS DAIGANOSED WITH TERMINAL CANCER, AND WAS SENT HOME WITH HOSPICE THEIRE IS NOTHING ELSE TO HELP HE IS 47YRS OLD AND WE HAVE A 5YR OLD DAUGHTER THEY HAVE GIVEN HIM LESS THAN 6 MONTHS TO LIVE WITHOUT HIS MUSIC I THINK I WOULD HAVE LOST IT,ALTHOUGH I HAVE NEVER MET HIM OR WILL GET TO I WANT HIM TO KNOW HOWHE HAS BLESSED MY HEART, THANKS TAMMY CLARK