Adam Lambert, Nick Cannon, Victoria Justice And More To Present At 2011 Do Something Awards

With musicians Demi Lovato, Foster The People and OneRepublic already announced as performers at the 2011 Do Something! Awards, this year’s show is shaping up to be the hottest so far! Now, we’re excited to announce that a stellar lineup of both musicians and actors have agreed to present awards at the show that’s airing on Thursday, August 18 at 9 p.m. ET. Follow along for the complete announcement, which just hit the wires.

KRISTEN BELL, NICK CANNON, JON CRYER, VICTORIA JUSTICE, ADAM LAMBERT, MARIO LOPEZ, ROSE MCGOWAN, OLIVIA MUNN, KEKE PALMER AND LAUREN POTTER TO PRESENT AT THE 2011 DO SOMETHING AWARDS

Hosted by Jane Lynch the Awards will Air on VH1 Thursday, August 18th at 9:00pm EST

NEW YORK, NY (August 3, 2011) — DoSomething.org and VH1 today announced the all-star lineup of presenters including Kristen Bell, Nick Cannon, Jon Cryer, Victoria Justice, Adam Lambert, Mario Lopez, Rose McGowan, Olivia Munn, Keke Palmer and Lauren Potter for this year’s 2011 Do Something Awards airing Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 9:00pm EST on VH1. Hosted by Glee star Jane Lynch, the ceremony will honor and celebrate the nation’s best young world-changers who represent the pivotal “do-ers” in their field, cause or issue. Celebrities such as Lady GaGa, Justin Bieber, Prince William and Duchess Catherine, David Beckham, Scarlett Johansson, Russell Brand and Will Ferrell have been nominated in a variety of categories from ‘Do Something Movie Star’ to ‘Do Something Couple’ for all they have done to inspire young people.

Presenter Adam Lambert is also nominated in the “Do Something Music Artist” category and he has his fans to thank for their big role in this nomination. Thousands of “Glamberts” tweeted their support to @DoSomething in order to secure his position in this category. Other artists up for the same award include Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa, Nick Jonas, Linkin Park and the Black Eyed Peas.

“If I didn’t have to be at the show already, you could probably find me trying to sell my left arm for a ticket,” said Nancy Lublin, CEO and Chief Old Person of DoSomething.org. “Not only do we have some of today’s hottest stars nominated, there are a ton of celebrities planning on attending to soak up the good vibes.”

In addition to a night of celebrities and performances by Demi Lovato, Foster the People and OneRepublic with B.o.B, one young “do-er” (age 25 and under) will receive a grand prize of $100,000 for their cause. This is the largest and most prestigious prize in the world for young people and social change.

The five nominees this year have all gone above and beyond to make a difference in their communities and will be rewarded with a community grant and continued support from DoSomething.org. Nominees include Taryn Guerrero Davis for The American Widow Project, David Schwartz for The Real Food Challenge, Sarah Cronk for The Sparkle Effect, Mark Kabban for YALLA (Youth And Leaders Living Actively) and Adam Lowy for Move for Hunger.

The 2011 Do Something Awards is presented by State Farm, Tide Loads of Hope and Warner Bros. Pictures / Alcon Entertainment’s “Dolphin Tale.”

This year’s show is executive produced by Michael Dempsey for Dempsey Productions and Lee Rolontz for VH1. Nancy Lublin and Naomi Hirabayashi oversee the awards show for DoSomething.org.

1. Mandy says:

I love Adam Lambert !! Can’t wait to see him present, but why WHY???
    Isn’t he performing? The most amazing singer in the Industry….
    It makes no sense…at all..
    IT MAKES NO SENSE :(

2. Ashley says:

Why?!?!?! Why isn’t Adam preforming?!?!?! What’s wrong with you people?!?! He’s better than any other singer/artist!! I love you Adam Mitchel Lambert!!! <33

3. magsmagenta says:

I’m so glad he’s going to be there and that all his good work is being recognised, but I would be so much happier if he was performing. After all it’s performing that he’s so very talented at, it could only improve the show for the audience.

4. magsmagenta says:

I was talking about Adam Lambert in my previous comment, as if I need to tell you LOL

5. Jordan says:

This should be a great show. As to Adam Lambert, I’ll be glad just to see him and I’m happy he’s presenting. Most important, he’s nominated and he has raised so much more money than they give him credit for, it’s a wonder what he’s accomplished in so little time. I hope he wins, but this is a voting contest and not based on actual accomplishment. How familiar!

6. funbunn40 says:

So thrilled that Adam Lambert will be a presenter at the Do Something Awards! He also is most deserving of this award! Adam is the kindest,most generous man, “practicing what he preaches.” Adam raised the largest amount for Charity Water since the site began,crashing the site, only requesting a goal of 29 k from fans in lieu of them wanting to send him gifts for his birthday.He prefered they help give clean water to those that had none.To his surprise ,his fans donated over 323,000.00. His record was only just surpassed by the deceased 9 yr old little girl. He also gave his time as well as donations to Donors Choose,spending time in schools,personally bringing supplies and mentoring students.All done quietly.without fanfare.I do hope he wins. He’s such a giving person. I also wish he could have performed, sharing his glorious, uplifting voice. He’s electric and a master at what he does. Thankyou from millions of his fans for including him in this much anticipated ceremony!

7. funbunn40 says:

One has only to see Adam Lambert’s recent performance at St Agathe, Canada last week to be reminded of his monumental talent! {On youtube, Talc’s video. Outlaws of Love from his upcoming album is stunning!) He actually can sing, with power as well as beautiful tenderness.He doesn’t need anything but his pure, clear voice. When he started to sing Led Zeppelin’s Whole Lotta Love, the heavens opened up, to cool the unbelievable heat he generates! Fans stood, mesmerised in wind and pouring rain as he gave them 3 more encores, fans drenched, but oh so happy and appreciative, as was Adam. He uplifts his fans and fills them with absolute joy. He brings magic and energy to music that’s been sorely lacking. Adam Lambert is the real deal and as nice as he is talented! Treat yourself to greatness and watch!

8. ethel curbow says:

I tried to TIVO the Do Something Awards show and it does not show up as being aired on Thrusday Aug 18 on VH1. It also was not listed in the TV Guide. What to do?

9. stinglikeabee says:

YAY…ADAM..

10. Savanna says:

I can’t wait for the Do Something Awards.

11. Brigette says:

SOOO excited to see ADAM :-))))))

12. Jacquelyn says:

soooooooo excited that Adam Lambert is going to be there!!!! They need to let him preform!!!! Can’t wait to watch!!!! :)

13. potra says:

why don’t you let him perform??? what’s wrong with you people? haven’t you heard him??? i honestly doubt that !!!!!!!!

14. pruscela says:

hope adam lambert win-hes mt forever idol and music artist.

15. rolando says:

adam lambert hope he win-pray to god.

16. rita says:

my handsome -gret artist adam lambert i love you very much hope u win.

17. kathy says:

I am such a huge fan of Adam Lambert I am glad to see him nominated for an award and presenting on the show BUT Adam is the most talented and best performer/singer in the business. Why don’t you have him performing? I would love to see him sing just about anything!!

18. Rita says:

I am very happy that Adam Lambert was nominated and would be thrilled to see him win, but as others have stated, it is not necessarily all about winning, but about being recognized. Adam deserves any regognition thrown his way. I am still scratching my head that he isn’t asked to perform rather than present an award. The only reason I will be watching is because of Adam Lambert, even if it is for just a moment. The buying public doesn’t just consist of tweens.

19. Madie says:

Lol I like how all the comments are about Adam Lambert…. I LOVE it!! :D haha I really hope he wins hes done waaaaay more that bieber and gaga <—- not hating :P juss sayin

20. Miriah says:

I came to this site to vote and don’t see where to do that. But then I wanted to vote for-who else-Adam Lambert! And I see that he is all anyone is thinking about here anyway! He has his own organization that helps gay kids out in this oppressive society. That’s a real requirement for the mental health of this country and one that needs our support!

21. AurélieGlambert says:

I am so sad and disappointed that Adam did not win the award at DSA, he merited so much, it’s a true artist with a voice just amazing, a unique talent, and he is always engaged and sincere in everything he does and he should have won this award.

Adam Lambert. <3:) ?