Behind The Music Sneak Preview: Adam Lambert Opens Up About The “Deep Secret” Of His Sexuality

The latest episode of Behind The Music will focus on the life and times of the one, the only Adam Lambert. Last week, we shared with you a clip from the show where Adam discussed his American Idol experience, particularly as it related to his struggle to keep his sexual orientation under wraps (as directed by Idol‘s producers).

And with the debut of Behind The Music: Adam Lambert now just three days away—it premieres this Sunday, August 7, at 10 p.m. ET/PT—we’ve got another sneak to share with you. In the video above, Adam discusses the early stages of when he “realized that I was probably not the same as the other boys.” This was around the time that he was 12, and he confesses that “to me, it was a deep secret … I didn’t know how my parents would react, and I didn’t know what that would be like, and I think, at at that age, it was something that I was ashamed of because it was so different.” For Glamberts the world over, this is a special not-to-be missed.

Adam Lambert on VH1′s ‘Behind the Music’: His struggle with his sexuality [EW]

1. Lissy says:

Um, VH1 Adam has talked multiple times about this and I think you’ve misunderstood what he said. Idol his season and prior did not allow the contestants to do individual interviews during the competition, I think to keep things fair since there is always more press interest in some Idols more than others. But just like Adam had no outlet to discuss being gay, Danny Gokey had no outlet to discuss the press criticizing him for how he much he seemed to rely on his widower backstory, or Megan Joy for custody issues she was having during production, or if there had been any questions about Kris’s marriage he would not have been able to speak about it to the press either. Your article seems to indicate it was some conspiracy to keep Adam in the closet, but that’s misleading, it wasn’t. It was just standard Idol rules. They may have realized how detrimental those rules were, because they loosened the rules the very next season.

2. Jo Ann says:

I love Adam and who cares.

3. scootersmom says:

Those of us who have already researched every breath Adam has ever breathed, and who love him without reservation, and who respect him for his courage and honesty, are thrilled to know the rest of the World, those who may not know Adam like we do, will be seeing the real Adam in all his honestly, courage and love on VH1′s Behind the Music. There is sooooo much more about Adam that will cause you to love and respect him like we Adamaniacs do. Whatever you do, don’t miss it!!
    Scootersmom

4. Greta says:

Please, what has this hack done? Croctch to the face, drunk on stage, drunk in public, dragging a twink around by his arm and a high pitched screetching voice as the icing on the cake. Thank God his 15 are over.

5. Adamfan says:

Greta – Sorry you are missing the joy being an Adam fan brings! You appear delusional as he is more and more popular each day. Just check out his twitter followers or facebook or Youtube. What are you basing your untrue comment on?

VH1 – So excited for Sunday!!!

6. Susie says:

Cannot wait for this gorgeous, well-spoken, down-to-earth, utterly fascinating man to grace my TV screen again. Just wish he was performing, too! I cannot get enough of him and could listen to him sing all day. Oh wait. I do actually. Love you Adam!!

7. kat23 says:

Greta – OMG…can we be any more hateful….Does it make you feel special to be such a hateful …hurtful person…Adam is not drunk on stage…where the hell did you get that…Yes he parties…along with 99% of single people in this country…and yes he has a lovely sweet guy as a boyfriend…OMG…probably because he is gay..Your gay hatred and gay bashing is why some gays feel depressed enough to kill themselves…You should be very very very ashamed of yourself…I do not know why I am commenting on your comment…You are not worth anyones time…Also…if you hate him so much…why are you reading an article about him??? Troll alert!!!!

8. lori says:

I can’t wait to watch the show. Adam is such an incredible person and talent. His amazing music and not his sexuality is what we should be focusing on.

9. kamster says:

I Love Adam so much and can’t wait to watch his Behind The Music episode!!! Can’t wait for his new album either, hopefully we won’t have to wait too much longer!!! Love you Adam, you are the best!!!!

10. Jenny says:

OMG, I can’t wait to see this and all the “home videos” that we Glamberts have not had the opportunity to see. I’m so happy that he decided to share these videos with us. I love Adam Lambert. And I can’t wait for his 2nd album. So much excitement brewing.

11. Carole says:

I agree with the rest of you! Greta, who died and made you god!!!?? I grew up knowing that there are all kinds of different people that would walk this earth. What Adam brings to this world and what he brought to Idol was pure talent! Greta, when you feel you can step up and be HALF the talent (gay or not) then go toe to toe and let America judge YOU!!! Life isn’t so easy from the other side and especially when you are in the public eye! I’ll be the first to admit that when he was on Idol he was robbed!!! But you hear so much more about Adam because he brings talent and excitement to the stage and to many of his fan’s lives! I can’t wait to see his episode of behind the music! Adam, you have brought to the music industry true talent and HONEST talent at that! Love your music and always will!

12. Kristen says:

Adam is a wonderful and very talented person who treats everyone around him with respect and kindness – that’s all that matters.

13. kate says:

where be the bonus clips?

14. neema ahuja says:

wow what a dashing handsome video says multibiker

15. Beta says:

Adam sucks! Literally and figuratively.