The Single Ladies Rumors Are Flying!

The first season of the crazy successful Single Ladies had barely concluded when the rumors started flying that star Stacey Dash had been fired. Yes, we read it too, everyone from InTouch Weekly to MediaTakeOut.com was reporting it and it’s impossible to ignore.

While we can’t actually speak directly to the juicy rumor except to say that it is indeed just a rumor, we can at least share VH1′s comment on the matter. We were told “At this time, no casting decisions have been made for the second season of Single Ladies.” So depending on whether your cocktail shaker is half empty or half full, take that however you will.

1. Darnelle says:

Thanks for making a fun and enjoyable show to watch. I love watching single ladies because the whole cast is beautiful and hilarious. Keep up the good work and I can not wait to see season 2.

2. Kim says:

Please keep the full cast from Season one I loved it one of my favorite shows.

3. carmella says:

I love this show! Great story line & great cast! Please make sure VAL returns!

4. Marie Phillips says:

I hope VH1 and the producers of Single Ladies brings Stacey Dash back next season – She’s the star of the show and for good reason. Stacey brings her character Val to life, I would not be able to continue watching if she does not return.

5. Monica says:

Sanaa Lathan, Jill Marie Jones, and Nia Long will be wonderful actresses to add or replace.

6. CINDY says:

I WATCH THIS SHOW TWICE A WEEK AND RECORD IT ON MY UVERSE. BUT LET ME TELL YOU, IF STACY DASH LEAVES THE SHOW. ME AND MY SISTER ARE DONE. YOU GUYS HAD BETTER KEEP HER.

7. BLESSED BARB says:

Thanks Queen for giving us a show that we can watch, relate to and enjoy. I LOVE THIS SHOW! I do like Stacey Dash on the show, however, this is business and you had to make a business decision. I watched Mya’s video this week and she would be a great replacement for Val or she could be Val’s sister that takes over. She is beautiful and has a great body!

Queen, keep up the great work and thanks VHI for recognizing a great show with talented women of color.

8. Nicole says:

I promise if you fire Stacey Dash from Single Ladies you will lose all of your audience next season. NO ONE can play Val but Stacey Dash. I only watch Lisa Raye’s part because of the interesting story line with Malcolm. There is no way I would watch an entire hour of Lisa Raye’s acting. No one and I mean NO ONE can replace Stacey Dash! I will not watch Single Ladies next season if Stacey Dash is not on the show. I have a host of girlfriends and family members that have said the exact same thing, fire Stacey Dash and you will lose your entire audience and the ratings will plummet.

9. Orville says:

Lisa Raye is just not a good actress she certainly isn’t as successful or famous or beautiful as Stacey Dash. This better be a rumor because if it is true that Stacey got fired I will NOT watch the show. The only reason I watch the show is because of Stacey Dash she has paid her dues in acting and now is her time to shine!

10. Marcus says:

Three words: NICOLE ARI PARKER

She’s a much better actress and also would sync into the character easily.

11. Amy says:

R U Serious…..you better bring Stacy back…..I have never been a huge Stacy Dash Fan….only on Clueless and Single Ladies….SHE HAS NOT AGED ONE BIT….i love the others characters…they are hilarious…but stacy makes the show….come’on Queen…if you dont bring stacy back you will have a huge riot on your hands…..seriously???

12. MsRita says:

Keisha is the one that needs to be kicked off the show.

13. SHAI says:

Stacy Dash is the show why would they fire her? You cant replace stacy dash and by keeping her on the show fellas will continue to watch. If they get rid of anybody it should be the british intern she is in her own language horrid.

14. Shirley Jean says:

I absolutely LOVE the character of Val. I love what she stands for and totally agree with her taking a stand for what she believes. However, I must say that Stacey’s acting is horrific. Please tell me that I am not the only person who has noticed this. I think the character should definately STAY. Stacey is beautiful and fits well with the rest of the cast. With a few acting lessons, I vote for her to STAY.

15. LATOYA J, RICHARDSON says:

COME OM NOW HOW ARE YOU GOING TO START A VERY GOOD SHOW FOR BLACK WOMAN ALOVER AND TAKE STACY DASH OFF ? YOU CAN NOT END THE SHOW WITH HER HAVING TWO GUY ON THERE KNEE AND THINK THAT YOU CAN GET SOMEONE ELSE IS NOT RIGHT OR WILL LOOK RIGHT . YOU START THE GAME OFF WITH THE RIGHT PLAYER DONT MISS WITH THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF USE FROME SCHOOL THAT WOULD NOT LOOK AT THE SHOW ANYMORE AND I KNOW IF WE FEEL THAT WAY WHAT WOULD YOU THING OTHERS WOULD DO????????????? WHATEVER HAPPEND FIX IT AND WORK IT OUT AND MAKE THAT MONEY AND GIVE US THE SHOW OK .

16. Leah says:

Cancel the whole show if you get rid of Stacy Dash…. It won’t make it! Lisa Raye… if it’s true about that ego, than she needs to come back down to earth and just be happy to have a job and be relevant… They all do!!!! Put all ego’s aside get some money and get over yourselfs… Yawl have a job to do… I hate when show’s seem to be so cohesive when aired, but behind the scenes it all discombobulated. I really just hope it’s not true…

17. Barney says:

If Stacey Dash leaves the show, there is only one actress that can replace her and that is Nicole Ari Parker. If you need references, go and review the “Soul Food” series, she was a hit!!!! She will be the best addition to the cast if one is needed. Other than that I can’t think of anyone who can replace Stacey. By the way I “Love” this show. We so needed this kind of sexy drama:):)

18. Ceejae says:

Please, do not terminate Ms. Dash. This is a great show for WE women of color. I watch this show as much as I can find it on the air. What ever the squabble is take care of it , keep the original casts, and move forward. I would hate to abandon the show but I don’t think it would be the same if Stacey left. I like all the present characters and I’ m looking with anticipation to next seasons viewing with the ORIGINALS.

19. Mel says:

Please don’t get rid of Stacy Dash…just PRAYING it’s a rumor! I love both Keisha & Val’S roles in the show. We just got a show that successful women of color can relate to–PLEASE KEEP STACY DASH! She has already established the role of Val.. If you don’t, I fear the ratings will go into a downward spiral!

20. Ang says:

I love this show! It has THE BEST story lines that keeps me coming back every week. I have to say that Stacey Dash and Lisa Raye need to visit their acting coaches. ALL my friends agree! Single Ladies have the best writers and the worst female actresses. So a fresh start next season will be refreshing!

21. vil4real says:

No! Absolutely Not! I will not watch this show if Stacey Dash is fired! There is no other actress on this earth that can play the part of Val… None! I know plenty of my friends who watch it just to see what she will be wearing. So I’m sure if she is gone they will be too. Also, if she leaves, the show will take the same direction as Girlfriends when Jill Marie left (into oblivion). It’s a shame that when a show as meaty and successful as this one ends with a major star being fired. They are actresses and actors getting paid to do just that. What is so hard about it? I’m not taking anything away from Lisa Raye, she plays Keisha very well and if she was fired I would feel the same way. The three actresses screen chemistry is brilliant, why muck with that? How can you put together such an excellent recipe and once everyone love the taste, you up and change an ingredient. You can’t. So I say to Stacey, if you are indeed fired, please, please, approach another network and create a show with the same premise; maybe even better. Because I promise you this, if you create it, I will watch! I think TV One would be a great source for this type of show and beside I love Cathy Hughes, she is my Shero.

22. Denise says:

Stacy Dash is a terrible actress but I love her as Val in Single Ladies and her clothes are absolutely beautiful and the way she pulls it off is awesome too. I never liked LisaRaye cuz i thought her a bit ghetto. But her performance on Single Ladies definately warmed me up to her. I love this show. Its a guilty pleasure. Bring the whole cast back but maybe they can showcase a darker skin sisters. Thanks!

23. GetRealPeople says:

If Stacy Dash leaves, I will definitely stop watching the show. I love Stacy Dash as Val. I enjoy all the characters. We all work in an environment where everyone does not get along, but we don’t let it mess without our paycheck in the end.

24. singleladies says:

Keep Stacey Dash on the show or I will STOP watching.

25. tawana says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW! ALL THREE LADIES HAVE GREAT ON SCREEN CHEMISTRY. KEEP IT GOING!

26. toni says:

i can fully relate to all the charactors on the show, the flow of the cast is what made the show a hit. never mess with perfection, please keep all the case members so that the sucess of the show will continue. I personally would not watch if the stacey dash is replaced and i know she has a major following. So creators be smart about your decisions

27. I AGREE WITH SOME OF THE OTHER VIEWERS…I WILL NOT CONTINUE TO WATCH THE SHOW IF STACEY DASH IS NO LONGER PART OF THE CAST..SHE IS VITAL TO THE DYNAMICS OF THE SHOW…WITHOUT HER THE SHOW WOUDN’T HAVE ANY SEASONED/GOOD ACTORS…

28. CRYSTAL says:

IF YOU WAS TO REMOVE STACY DASH FROM SINGLE LADY’S I’M TELLING YOU NOW THAT SHOW WILL LOSE ALOT OF FAN BASE……

29. SLfan says:

love the show n love Ms.Dash …………. hope she is a keeper !!!!!!!!!!

30. Jean Turnner says:

Stacy can’t be fired especially with that last episode with her getting two proposals the fans won’t have it!!!

31. Jazzy1 says:

Oh come on…it is way too soon to start replacing leads especially after only one season, which by the way was excellent and teachable to all the Single Ladies1 BTW when does Season 2 start? Y’all `betta bring all the cast members back err’v last one of them!!

32. Jazzy1 says:

@ Monica
    August 11, 2011 AT 12:54 AM
    Sanaa Lathan, Jill Marie Jones, and Lia Long are all great actresses, however based on their past performances as single/married women & voice pitch both foundations will take away from the Season One set tone IMHO; plus Lisa Raye (I love her attitude) is just what the show needs no more, no less BUT, I noticed she did lip stumble a couple of times on the more serious scripts with Malcom, but that can be fixed. They just need to keep the entire Season One cast at least for another season.

@ vil4real
    August 12, 2011 AT 12:23 AM
    “Also, if she leaves, the show will take the same direction as Girlfriends when Jill Marie left (into oblivion)”
    Yep even after one season it is possible that this can happen and it would be a shame if it does. However, I would still watch it only on the account that the other original cast members remain intact.

33. Niq says:

As with the other comments, I agree if Stacey Dash leaves you may as well get ready for cancellation! Stacey Dash appeals to a certain demographic which is the reason for the popularity. Black men, ages 32-45 absolutely love Stacey Dash and are watching the show because it allows them to continue their boyhood crush in adulthood. Let me also add, if reports of her being a diva are true, she should check herself. If it weren’t for this show and a couple of rap videos she would be a (in the famous words of Evelyn of BB Wives) NMFF! She should be thankful and relish in this second chance moment instead of sabotaging it!

34. Temetrius Walker says:

I hope the RUMOR isn’t true…My family and friends LOVE this show. Stacy Dash is VAL and no one else will bring that character to life like she has. And we’re like everyone else….if she’s done we’re DONE!!!

35. Fre2bme@42 says:

I hope the original cast comes back this is a great show. For the life of me I can’t imagine anyone else being able to pull off what Ms. Dash has done thus far. I feel this role was created just for her she makes naiveté look so cute.

36. Mombera says:

Please keep Stacey Dash and the other cast members. I love this show!

37. Jan says:

I so hope Stacey being fired is just a rumor. Stacey is absolutely fabulous as Val. I am looking forward to season 2.
    When oh When does it start?????

38. Courtney says:

THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN. DO NOT RELEASE STACY DASH IF YOU WANT THE SHOW TO HAVE CONTINUED SUCCESS. STACY HAS A HUGE FOLLOWING AND NOT TO MANY ACTRESSES WILL BE ABLE TO FILL HER SHOES!

39. Ivette Hailey says:

I have know ideal what I’m going to watch on Monday nights now. This is one of the best shows out, a real tv show no reality stuff. As for replacing Val, that would not be a good move right now, let us chech out the 2nd second with the same crew. This show is “OUTSTANDING”. Queen & Flavour Unit do your thing.

40. nikki says:

I HOPE AND PRAY THAT YOU KEEP STACY DASH ON THIS SHOW BECAUSE SHE WAS THE LIFE OF THE SHOW. ALSO, AFTER THE LAST SHOW WITH HER, JERRY WATERS AND QUINN I WOULD LOVED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. LOVE THE SHOW AND THE EXSISTING CAST IS GREAT.

41. YO says:

PLEASE BRING STACEY DASH BACK , THE SHOW WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT STACEY DASH AS VAL!!!

42. Barbenski says:

I am VERY SORRY !!! to hear of Stacey Dash firing. I think she added class to the show without her I will NOT tune in. She was the epitome of a smart, professional African American women, who has self respect, ethics and standards a true Single Lady. The show will not be the same without her.

43. Tonnee Oh says:

My boyfriend and I were disappointed to hear the rumor about Stacey Dash. Stacey is our favorite actor. We both enjoyed watching the show with the original cast. We hope that it’s just a rumor but if not we won’t continue to watch the show.

44. kargar says:

Please, Please, Please, keep Stacey Dash. The whole cast is great. We want them all back. The ladies should put their differences behind, and lets get to season 2. Love, Love, Love!!

45. Philly Mom says:

If Stacey Dash leaves, me and my friends will too. I can’t imagine the show without her. That would be a very bad move if she does not return. I feel in love with her character because of Stacey Dash. You just can’t drop her.

46. Miranda says:

Please, bring this show back it was so good, I must know what happens with Keshia and Malcom. Season 2 is a must!!!

47. Brain says:

Keep the same cast it would not be the same with another cast, plus it would not make sense to change the cast. Keep Stacey!!! so we can see what happens does she really find happiness?

48. Preston says:

Hope its just a rumor. If Stacey is gone… I’m gone. No season 2 for me.

49. Sherri says:

The show could use some revamping, but it damn sure isn’t with Stacey Dash aka Val!

50. KAT says:

Single Ladies is one of the best shows on TV – Stacy Dash brings her character to life and should not be replaced; on the other hand Lisa Raye, yet beautiful is not the best actor. she looks the part but sounds like shes reading lines from a script (my opinion) leave Stacy and replace Lisa and that girl w/ the fake accent.

51. Lindsay Obregon says:

Hey Single ladies!!!!!….even tho im not the least bit single I <3 this show…I mean it is HOT!!!!! I cant wait for season two when i miss an episode i make sure I bring my butt to the computer and catch up!!!!!!! Lisa Ray you are the bomb!!!…Stacey Dash great personality!! and the blonde chick (SOrry) Im loving your stoty line!!

52. conishkee says:

I was completely shocked when I heard that Stacey Dash was no longer going to be featured on the show. To me, she was a BIG part of the show, and I thoroughly enjoyed the part she played — and to the hilt, I might add. Whatever the reason(s) for letting her go, I, for one, am going to miss her talent. I just hope this means that there’s something much better in store for her elsewhere. You get used to someone’s character and you really enjoy the part they play and BAM, for whatever the reason their snatched from the role, I don’t know how it’s all going to play out, but whomever the network decides to replace her with, she’d better be the bomb and play the part for all it’s worth, ’cause the fans we’ll be watching her under a microscope and making comparisons every step of the way. I honestly don’t know if anyone else can fill Stacey’s shoes. I wish her all the bes in her careert!

53. Smilee says:

To Stacey Dash, I say, “Good bye anchor!”

Maybe the show has a future now that the worst actress or best mono-tone reader (however you look at it, cup full, cup empty) – has got the axe.

Come on, she’s no spring chicken, and has been at this for more years than many, yet she still delvers every line like a 1st grader with down syndrome.

54. Robin Mowbray says:

They should bring back Stacey Dash she played the part really well…. Ihope they change thier minds about her…