Poll: Who’s Your Favorite Basketball Wife?

It’s sort of an obvious question to ask, but we here at the VH1 Blog have been wondering, of all the ladies on Basketball Wives, is there a universal favorite? We doubt it, since women like Royce, Meeka, and Tami tend to be of the “Love ‘Em Or Hate ‘Em” variety (well, at least judging by our comments section you either really love them or REALLY hate them).

Now that the season’s come to an end, tell us, who’s your favorite? Do you love Royce and Meeka for standing their ground and resisting the “popular” girls? Do you appreciate Suzie‘s attempts to be friends with everyone? Do you love Shaunie for keeping things (mostly) calm and cool? Or do you prefer the dramatic but also pretty hilarious antics of Jen, Tami, and Evelyn?

No matter who you prefer, be sure to tune in to the Basketball Wives Season 3 Reunion — part one airs Monday, August 15 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

1. See More says:

This is a JOKE and HILARIOUS, “Do you love Shaunie for keeping things (mostly) calm and cool?” She is the INSTIGATOR and this is funny too, “Do you appreciate Suzie‘s attempts to be friends with everyone?” The author of this must NOT watch the show. These are untruths and too funny.

2. Chicago Fan says:

I think Meeka got herself in trouble. She should have listen and learn. I like Tammi but she needs for someone to tell her about herself. She is too old to call people names put her hands in your face but fight you if you do it to her. Evelyn should pay attention to the warning signs that Chad is giving out instead of trying to get pregnant and married to have a steady paycheck. chad is a abuser. Suzie should keep her mouth shut. Stop talking so much. Royce should grow up also.She is mad because the other ladies has gotten out of high school.

3. Kimmy says:

Meeka percentage is way too high!!!!!!!

4. diane taylor says:

I do agree that Shaunie is trying to be the peace maker… she is co-producer so she has to make her money by making it exciting.But Royce and her friend have just been girlfriends of basketball players.never been married.. Meeka, Royce(I like her hard core ways) Suzie are groupies want to be…Royce is the only one with a little dignity and said forget it-I don’t want to be in that bad. The other two had to almost be thrown out…I do love a good cat fight…but it is going to cost someone big.Sorry Tamie…

5. BasketBallPlayer says:

MEEKA IS MY FAVORITE BECAUSE SHE IS THE ONLY BASKETBALL WIFE. NOBODY ELSE IS A WIFE. JEN IS ON THE VERGE OF BEING SINGLE, SHAWNIE AND TAMI THERE EX HUSBAND’S HAVE MOVED ON. EVELYN,SUSIE, AND ROYCE ARE JUMP OFF’S AND BABY MAMA’S. LOL

6. Aicia says:

Vote for Meeka she is the ony basketball wife.

7. Vh1 Viewer says:

Question: Why is this show based of a bunch of women who, 1.) were never even the wife of a basketball player, and, 2.) are divorced from a basketball player and are now trying to ride off their claim to fame? Am I the only one who realizes this?

8. aretha says:

dont vot for meeka

9. aaaaa says:

dont vote for the fat girl meeka

10. Carly says:

Shaunie, Jen, Meeka, and Suzie are FAKE! The others always keep it real. Even though all of them act childishly and like they’re in high highschool.

11. tray wood says:

shaunie is my faovrite basketball wive because she is so sexy and fine and i will to meet her and evelyn is so sexy too they have a lot of hater and so everyone need to stop hating on shaunie , evelyn jen and tami and suzie and i do not royce or meeka

12. Celeste says:

Meeka, sell t-shirt saying “THR=Tammi HoodRat Ramon!”

13. Tamsha30 says:

Royce Is a sweetheart and I like her better than all the other ladies on the show. I like Tammy alot and I like Jenn but she has been acting so different when the show first started she was very classy and didnt follow what Ev was doing now she follows her like a puppy.

14. April says:

My favorite is Tami…She going to pull the real out of a person…If you fake it will be known around her..

15. yvette says:

Vh1 viewer,

I’m with you 100% on this one. The whole premise of the show is ridiculous, which I have pointed out more than once. Shaunie needs her butt kicked for even coming up with this degrading nonsense. If your going to have a show about BASKETBALL WIVES, then you should have BASKETBALL WIVES…not jumpoffs, not ex FIANCES or ex wives. When I first heard about the show, that’s what I THOUGHT it was going to be. A show about a group of BASKETBALL WIVES and how they deal with the day to day goings on of marriage to a pro athlete. This show is anything but. It is about a group of messy, self-serving, dysfunctional women who put minority women in a very bad light. The reason why Shaunie chose to go with these obviously bitter women with a myriad of issues is because NO self-respecting, MARRIED basketball wife with a DESCENT relationship would set foot on this show. The only one I like is Royce..she seems to have a shred of dignity. And out of them all, Evelyn has the least credentials..albeit the worst reputation. Hell she’s only an EX Fiance with NO KIDS…hell at least that idiot Suzy has a couple of kids. Not that I’m condoning kids out of wedlock, it’s just that it gives you a bit more standing if you have SOME connection with the man even after you break up. I really hope they cancel this crap… Evelyn, Shaunie, Tami, Suzi and Jen have already used up their 15 minutes and then some.

16. kiddia. says:

oookk? i love all of them except for royce. she complains to much. she misses them but cant admit it.

17. ms cali says:

dang meeka got more votes than shaunie and suzi. but please, get rid of royce and suzi…. one jealous and one is messy…. keep tami raggedy ass so she wont have to go back on welfare.. tired of supporting drunk ignorant broads.

18. dolpileen robinson says:

I really like Tammie because she say’s what is on her mind and don’t care who hears her. That real chick

19. MzKLove711 says:

Royce is staying outta the drama… good move. Tami I think u are the realest when it comes to alot of things but u hv still bn caught back-trackin. Shaunie is just there to be there. Jennifer needs to break away from some of the clique and I think she could do big things…she dsnt seem too bad when she is by her self. Evelyn…maybe u shld start a “Football Wives” show. Meeka….u came, u tried, u left. I do feel for u tho…u ddnt knw half of what was going on and got caught up in a tornado of drama. All that “he said she said drama”….I hated it in high school…I hate it now. I wish they would show what the ladies do on a biznez level and leave the drama on the editing table. That wouldnt make for good tv tho. Oh well….its really not that serious so I hope I dnt get alot of silly comments cuz if u r takin it seriously u may wanna take a look at ur life and see whats missing. Its fun to watch whn u wanna see a good fight but after the first few episodes it loses its flava. Have at it ladies and best wishes to all of ya.

20. robin says:

Royce is all mouth no action, she showed her azz at the last reunion, i wish i was on the stage i would’ve punch her right in the FACE!!!!!!!!!!not a fan of Royce

21. Dee says:

I am so looking forward to Basketballs LA because this one has gotten worst than what one would consider “ghetto”. Tami needs to go join a gang, she thinks she can talk to everyone anyway she feels like it, tell people what do if she doesn’t like it, thinks it is her right to hit someone when she feels like it, or threaten to do so. Tami was so quick to want to sue Evelyn but when the shoe was on the other foot she didn’t like. Meeka has a legitmate case where as her so called defamation of character suit was BS, she doesn’t have any character, any juror that has watch the show would know this. Evelyn is just too envious of Jen, she doesn’t want Jen to have any other friends but her,. And Royce is right about Evelyn being a hoe, Susie confirmed that when she said “I didn’t tell them you slept with anyone” when Evelyn stated what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Royce was right about Jen as well. Jen cosigns and believes everything Evelyn says. Jen acts like she was born yesterday or was totally sheltered from the rest of the world, her naivete’ act at age 37 is so fake and phony while she is attemping to be so booboisie…it is so beneath her to cook or touch raw shrimp, “she would rather make a reservation”. Jen doesn’t know who Royce was dating or what Royce said on Twitter, she is basing her anger at Royce on what Evelyn has told her, she has no mind of her own. Susie is a suck up and two-faced, she would clearly chew the gum off the bottom of the shoes of Tami, Evelyn, Jen and Shaunie, she really needs to get her head out of their butts. Meeka the only real basketball wife, does take too much, she didn’t really get to know anyone before she started to discuss one with the other. Meeka needs to watch the episode when she was talking about Royce to Evelyn when her and Evelyn first met. Tami and Evelyn were right about one thing Meeka doesn’t remember what she says because she speaks before she thinks. Shaunie is a back stabber, smiles in your face while stabbing you in the back, she is not a peace maker to me though she is trying to portray herself as one. Royce is the only one that keeps it real and can hold her own. Whatever she says behind your back, she has no problem saying to your face. She doesn’t judge, she calls it like she sees and will tell you that it is her opinion, which is entitled too.

22. Cici says:

Tami is my fav, then its Evelyn, and Royce. Shaunie is cool I like her personality, but she is easily forgettable its like she just shows up like the boss then stay low, I use to like Suzie but she care to much and kiss to much a…. and Jen is a follower to me and super lost. I don’t know why Meeka score is so high her family must be voting for her…Everything that happened to Meeka was her own fault she played herself while trying to manipulate and play others. Just a lost soul Meeka is.

23. ashley says:

meeka got wat was comin 2 her.she was makin it worse by talkin smack behind tami’s bak.to me tht episode ws the best.She slapped the mess out of meeka too.i love tami!!!

24. J C L says:

When are ya’ll going to actually marry a legitimate basketball player to make the title relevant to the show.

25. Gigglegal215 says:

I don’t like any of them especially Tami. Tami is always telling the other girls, not women, “if you are going to confront so and so I need to be there”. Get out of here! Try to grow up! And Suzie,who is already being told she has “diarrhea of the mouth” . Why when Meeka tried to talk to you , you went and blabbed to Evelyn who forced you to tell Tami what Meeka had said? Which just started the mess ALL over again. Looking at the rerun, Meeka did not raise her hand to Tami. I would have had Tami looked up right there in Italy. Tami was new last season and she came in talking mess about Jennifer. Look in the mirror you ghetto low class bully!

26. brenda simon says:

I like Jennifer, I just hope that her life turns out for the best especially after she drop that loser husband of hers. Get the damned divorce already. Tami & Royce are my next two favorites. I hate Suzie’s ass to no end she look like a damned drag queen with her wanna be ass. Somebody please kick her thirsty , begg’in, no good ass off the show already. Most of the time she don’t make any since at all. Tell Suzie it’s not a good surgery to have her head pulled out of so many asses.

27. COCOBONNIE says:

GET WOMEN THAT ARE MARRIED TO BASKETBALL PLAYERS TRY THAT FOR THE SHOW . I REALLY DNT WANT TO SEE THESE NOT MARRIED TO NOTHIN AZS WOMEN ROYCE KEPT IT REAL TAMI N HER OWN WAY KEPT IT TRILL BUT EVERYBODY ELSE CAN KICK ROCKS IM DUN WIT DIS SHOW…..TOOOTLES

28. Nette Maxey says:

Jenn is my FAV. DIVA 2 DIVA!!!

29. JujuBeans says:

I was really surprised that Jennifer did not have more votes, she’s classy, sophisticated and doesn’t take any B-sh**t. She remindes me a lot of me, I love her and her style. Keep it up Jen I really admire you and all the adversities you’ve faced and you still come on like a strong woman.

30. Jessica says:

Jen is the classiest one on the show…minus the divorce party, which I thought was beneath her to put on. She’s not loud and unnecessarily confrontational like some of the other women (read “Tami and Evelyn”) and to me seems to be the only one on the show who consistently does nice gestures (Royce’s makeover, Tami’s 1919 food stamps, flowers for Ev’s daughter) and try to make amends in an argument (again, Tami’s food stamps and Ev in Rome.) All the while keeping it classy and not backing down from what she says.

31. kikiskillz says:

hello i just haveone thing to say is what in the hell royce be wherein..she dont need to be on the show

32. maria lopez says:

first off I’m not sure why Shaunie can find fault with people considering lets dig into her past didnt she rip shaq off for millions of dollars and hide the money in private bank accounts under her family members name hell shaq could have had her in prison for that shes a hot mess and as far as Evelyn goes girl boo didnt Chili just have your man lets see how long this marriage last it wont trust me. theses lady’s are all living off of there X’s fame and money now Royce and Tammie there the only ones on that show that make sense the rest are a hot mess

33. HBIC! says:

I FIND THIS POLL FUNNY TAMMI AND ROYCE ARE FAVORED MORE EVELYN, JEN AND SHAUNIE.

REALLY I’,M HAPPY WITH THESE RESULTS.

34. qwerty99 says:

Royce && Tami

35. YEAH says:

i HATE royce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. Sherri says:

This whole poll is BS! How can any of these women be anyone’s favorite anything, let along Basketball Wife? The only wife on the show was Mrs. Meeka Claxton, so if we’re answering the question from a literal perspective, Meeka wins hands down! If we’re figuratively speaking, I would have to take the Richard Pryor in the movie Brewster’s Millions approach and say “None of the Above.” This show is filled with a lot of laughs (and not with them, but at them) and SMDH moments, all at the expense of these these women and their constant buffoonery. Watching them is like watching National Geographics, its truly educational. They teach us how not to act and those lessons displayed on national tv are like free advertising to a sponsor, invaluable. The sad part though is that it makes decent men even more fearful of what black women might be or may become and that’s unfortunate. Instead of learning how to Outwit the Devil, they’ve joined forces, only to reap the doozie’s of a dollar. Yet they’ will undoubtedly have a Season 4 (already confirmed by Ms. Shaunie O’Neal who by the way expressed her distaste in what the show has become, HA! I told told you, pure comedy!).Good Luck trainging your Gorillas in the Mist, Dian Fossey. You’ve created monsters…

37. DeeJay says:

These women are an embarrassment to human kind. You have grown woman acting like they’re in high school. You have a bully (Tami), a wanna be (Jen), Instigator & A scaredy Cat(Suzy), Evelyn I’m not sure what to say about her, Meeka came to the show all wrong but that still didn’t excuse what Tami did, Shaunie a disappointment because there’s no way she doesn’t know what’s about to jump off and instead of trying to genuinely difuse the situation she adds her comments and backlash I thought she was better than that.To be completely honest Royce seem to be the only one that is an Adult in this situation. All I have to say about Tami is she hasn’t met her match yet and when she does someone is going to wax that A?? real good and I hope it’s on TV for the world to see. I dont condone violence but she’s going to get what’s coming to her.Ladies grow up and show some class. You are mothers and wannabe wives. Who do you think wants to deal with that?

38. Ergo Flood says:

I watch the show and I understand Shaunie is making money from the show, so I am not hating. I realize that most of the woman on the show have reaped the fringe benefits from being on the show, but all in all I see it as black exploitation. We all know that most females do not get along and that they probably have more male friends overall. I just see the plot of the show as foolery. I’m sure most of the women on the show don’t always act like their TV character…at least I hope not. Acting a DAMN fool all the time can’t be possible since most of the woman on the show have children, but I’m sure most of them had the “Momma gotta go make this money conversation”. Just try to have a little more moral responsibility. Your show affects more than just the boyfriends, girlfriends, wives, ex-wives, cut buddies, and one night stands of basketball players.

39. ergoflood says:

Just read Sherri’s August 15, 2011 at 1:20 pm posts. Spoken like a champ.

Viacom is making the money from this buffonery. Also cut Meeka some slack, she is the only one that actually represents the title of the show. I give respect to the ex-wives as well. But the hit it and quit chicks can move around.

40. Mariah Newman says:

I love all of the wives bt my favorites would be Jen and Tammie! I think there should be a Basketball Wives movie! It would be Awesome!

41. Gigglegal215 says:

@Sherri August 15, 2011 at 1:20 pm. You hit the nail on the head. You said everything I was thinking. When is the buffoonery going to end? Also, I don’t think Meeka is going to follow through with the law suit against Tami, unless they end up fighting again. So many SMH moments.

42. STL says:

I lost a lot of respect for Tami. She is too old to be acting like a child. Meeka did approach the group wrong in the beginning, but that gives her no reason to smack Meeka like a step child. Shaunie is just pimping the hell out of these women. She just sits back and let the sparks fly. She tried to keep the fight going between Ev and Tami over the t-shirt deal. Shaunie says she could not believe things would work out so well. It seem like she was trying to egg it on a little longer.

43. brit says:

Meeka has too much class for this group of clowns they are definitely not of the same caliber. I am not a hater and I try to support my sisters however, these fallen women are embarrassing. Tammy is twisted she talks too much and seriously lacks the behavior, manner, and style considered proper for an African American Woman in 2011, she really needs to take a glimpse in the mirror and consider retirement or a role behind the scenes. Evelyn is fake, ignorant, and vulgar; this tramp came from trash and held onto it. She is a messy hustler desperately attempting to obtain Ocoho’s seed to secure her future – so she can continue to go to the doctor and get lypo with his money. Suzie is dense! That’s to be expected. Jennifer is sensible yet her friendship with Evelyn is toxic she needs to step away from the shadows of evil and become a prototype and not a duplicate of Evelyn’s tacky style of living. Royce stands her ground and holds it down.

44. JourneyofMines says:

OMG where should I start. Susie OMG this girl is such a instigator and she is so clueless. I have major issues with her because she hates the drama but loves to see it. In season 1 she was so bad and down and ready to fight whenever Evelyn needed her too, but in Season 2 she was so scared and backed down from everyone, but now that they are somewhat cool with her she is slowly getting brave again.
    Shaunie plays her little quiet mouse ways, she says one thing and sits back and waits for everything to blow up. But I guess that is her role in this whole thing.

Tami I love her but she can over do it at times, but I respect her for being Real and true to herself.

Jenn is a little lost but needs Eve to help her to stand up. She over reacted on Royce basically because Eve don’t deal with Royce. I am glad that she has left Eric (she can do better).

Royce I like that she speaks her mind and don’t care what the others may think. She needs to realize that Suzie is not her real friend and that she can not trust this girl.

Evelyn is just Evelyn the bad chick that everyone wants to be cool with, but Royce!!!

Meeka does talk tooo much and tried very hard to fit in, she messed up there. Her look just doent fit in with this group of girls.

45. To Evelyn and Tammi you both are to beautiful black women on television showing your naturally color Black stop acting like you dont have any home training its a shame the way you both act evelyn stop using the B word your mouth is very nasty i truly hope that , that man marries you but i doubt it. Tammi stop thinking thats its ok for you to fight every body you come in contact with one day your going to meet your match and somebody is going to lay your ass out stop being a bully you was truly out of line when you hit meeka in her face every time i see you i would just start kicking off into your ass you was out of line act like a lady sometime ok.

46. Sassy says:

47. Tai says:

At one point I thought Tami was cool, but recently I have realized that she is disturbed. Attacking people verbally and especially physically is not the way mature, sane adults behave. I thinks he need to seek professional help. Shaunie is the worst of them all, especially since she is supposed to be the leader of the pack. She clearly sides with the “Low Life Ladies” and hates Royce for being honest and plain spoken. Royce is realistic, intelligent and cool. She speaks her mind and is not angry, bitter and jealous. It would be great for her to sign onto a better show. Jen for thiry something year old has no mind of her own and is spineless. Evil Eve is her Lord and Master. Poor lost soul Jen. Disrespected her husband on TV and could not deal with the backlash. How dare she throw that drink in Eric’s face? I am saying that two wrongs make a right but jen got what was coming to her. Suzie is a weak, foolish woman who will get what is coming to her. She is nothing but a trouble maker and that same Evil Eve will fix her stupid weak ass. Evil Eve is an angry, evil, low life woman. She is vulgar and not too intelligent either. She also needs to seek professional help. Evil seems to thing that material things add vaule to a person life. So shallow. Meeka bought all this mess on herself. She came in a tornado and wanted to down with those foolish women: Shaunie, Evil and Jen. She picked on Royce and started drama with drama. I do not agree with Tami’s behavior towards her at all. I am glad that Tami being sued, she was dead wrong to put her hands on Messy Meeka.

48. Tai says:

I must correct myself for something I said in my pevious comment. Jen did not throw the drink in Eric’s face, she threw it at him.

49. Janicejeh2 says:

Evelyn (Chad) since you are coming to Cincinnati I’m inviting you to join my family for church services and to just hang out with normal people. We live in zone “15″ ask Chad where that is I’m a grandmother of 5 so let your mom know that you’ll be in great hands all your family is invited as well. My husband and I are great cooks and very private people. I Love You Girl!!! Being the ex-wife of a pro baseball player in the 70′s kinda know what you are going through. Looking forward to hearing from you. Also, my grandson love’s Chad and wants an autograph on his new reebok shoes can you help “grammy out here.

Thanks,
    Mama J

50. Capri1177 says:

Does anyone else see Jennifer’s toes hanging off her shoes???

51. Golden01 says:

My favorite b-ball wife is Royce, she is so cool to me and I like her personality , she actually does advoid the drama and thats speaks volumes of a persons character. I used to like Tami but enough is enough there is a time and place for everthing an her ways are so childish she really should be ashamed of herself its one thing to act crazy but she like that all the time and she needs a reality check. I will be so happy when she meets up with someone who is badder and realer than her. Evelyn is cool, but Jenn you are so confused and boring. I think you need to just figure out who you really are we all know your beautiful but what else is there to you?

52. sweetnelly says:

I USED TO BE A FAN OF TAMI BUT NOT ANYMORE! I THINK SHE’S CAUSING ALL OF THIS DRAMA WITH MEEKA JUST TO KEEP HERSELF IN THE SPOTLITE, BUT IT BACK FIRED ON HER, BECAUSE NOW SHE LOOKS LIKE A CHICKEN HEAD FROM JERSEY!!!! SHE LOST MY RESPECT WHEN SHE LIED ABOUT CALLING SHAUNIE, AND THE REST OF THE GIRLS FAKE AND PHONEY!!!! SHE KNOWS THAT SHE DIDN’T SAY “THE POPULAR GIRLS”, THAT DOESN’T EVEN SOUND RIGHT COMING OUT OF HER MOUTH!!! SO NOW THAT SHE’S COOL WITH THE CIRCLE AGAIN, NOW SHE WANTS TO COVER UP HER TRACKS!!! SO INSTEAD OF HER, ADMITTING WHAT SHE SAID, AND HOW SHE FELT AT THE TIME, SHE WANTED TO JUST START TROUBLE, AND FIGHT MEEKA FOR NO REASON, INSTEAD. MEEKA IS RIGHT WHEN SHE CALLED TAMI AT HOODRAT, BECAUSE IT’S THE TRUTH !!!!

53. sweetnelly says:

I THINK SHAUNIE NEEDS TO STOP FOLLOWING BEHIND EVELYN, SHE’S ALSO ANOTHER CHICKEN HEAD, WITH A SLUTTY REPUTATION!!!! IT’S NOT A GOOD LOOK, SO MY ADVICE TO SHAUNIE, AND THE REST TO THE CREW, IS TO REMEMBER THE OLD SAYING: “YOU ARE THE COMPANY THAT YOU KEEP”. I SUSPECT YOU HANG AROUND EVELYN FOR THE RATINGS, BUT IT’S GETTING OLD REAL FAST!!! SO AFTER A WHILE, YOU ALL START TO LOOK THE SAME. I’M SO GLAD THERE’S A NEW BUNCH OF BASKETBALL WIVES FROM LA COMING ON SOON!!! MAYBE, NOW THERE WILL BE SOME REAL BASKETBALL WIVES, WHO ARE STILL MARRIED TO THESE PLAYERS ON THE SHOW, AND CAN REPRESENT A REAL WIFE FOR A CHANGE!!!!