Setting The Scene: Backstage At The Basketball Wives 3 Reunion

The Basketball Wives season three reunion special is almost upon us! With a season like this one, you know the reunion is going to be a doozy, and I was there to catch a few behind-the-scenes moments and get the lowdown on everything that happened onstage. Most of which you’ll see when the show airs, but some of it, you won’t. So what was happening backstage?

There were a lot of people behind the scenes – each lady had friends, family, managers and hair and makeup artists hanging out with them in their dressing room. Evelyn‘s sister was hanging out with her while she got her hair done, Shaunie‘s boyfriend Marlon (who is hotter in person than he is in pictures) was hanging out near the snack table and was maybe the friendliest person I met that day (do you get the sense that I have a crush on Marlon? Maybe just a lil’?). I spotted Tami‘s daughters Lyric and Jazz watching their mom on a monitor backstage during taping and giggling each time she got a word in at Meeka’s expense. And speaking of Meeka, she had a small entourage of her own — including one friend who makes an on-camera appearance during the reunion. I won’t give anything away, but if you want to get Evelyn all roiled up, having a member of your entourage interrupt the conversation during filming will do the trick.

All the ladies were super-relaxed when I spoke to them (all my interviews with them will be posted after part two of the reunion airs). That might have something to do with the champagne bottles that were in each of their rooms (wait, scrap that, Tami’s room was stocked with Bud Light, of course). It might also have had something to do with the fact that Royce and Meeka’s dressing rooms were located in a totally separate building from the others. A few people I did NOT see behind the scenes were Chad Ochocinco or Eric Williams…As you can see in the photo gallery below, Eric did have a dressing room back stage, but you’ll have to watch the reunion to know whether or not he showed up to defend his honor and drink-throwing. Ocho was not on the set though, although Evelyn hinted that despite their super busy schedules, they do plan to have a destination wedding at some point in the future.

Check out our pictures of the ladies as a couple of them got ready for the show and don’t forget to tune in to the reunion. Part one airs on Monday, August 15 at 8 p.m. ET/PT and part two airs Monday, August 22 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

View Photo Gallery

1. Kathy says:

Why the hell is this called basketball wives. Are there any wives? Just one. The one no one seems to want back, but she is the only basketball wife. These women are just hangers on. And Tammi is a fool. She just hasn’t run up on the right person yet. She’s going to jump one day and somebody is going to jump back and hopefull/prayerfully kick her a$$. Now that’s an episode I would watch. I’ll start watching when you have some “Basketball Wives” on the show.

2. Tracie says:

Team Meeka all the way. The ONLY Wife on the show. What ‘reality’ ? smh . We can do better than this. Tammi, i used to like her, but that was just wrong. Sad what she did to the only real chick on the crew. And she did say “FAKE” . I hope next season has a whole new cast!

3. Maggie says:

I didn’t think this chick was capable of looking decent! What a TRAN-wreck! LOL

4. Maggie says:

I’m talking about Meeka! Tran-face!

5. VAL J. says:

Truth told, Meeka is way to classy for the show. She lost herself in trying to find herself on the show. She is a true BASKETBALL WIFE. Not ex-wife,ex-fiance,baby momma’s. Jenn as the only wife was such a joke that’s why they had her on the show. I just hate Meeka tried to fit in with this group of girls.

6. Firstly let me say that I am very proud of Shanice Oneal .I visualise her as a real woman ,someone who represents women and make them feel proud to be who they are .

In today’s society , young people need role -models .I definitely do not see may women on that show being role -models to the young at heart .Come on women ,you have the greatest opportunity to make other women feel proud and appreciated..Try doing this effectively .Do not continue to embarrass us .
    Shanice— I am Proud of you .As a woman , you have CLASS . May God continue to bless you .Caribbean women are proud of you .
    -Gertrude

7. Star says:

Meeka the only basketball wife but as the others said she got lost trying to fit in she is a beautiful woman and thats a fact. do you thing Meeka no matter what you have it going on just keep from those fake people on the sow

8. shawn says:

I LOOOOVE THIS DRESS!!!! U GO GIRL……………..

9. shalitha says:

I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY BUT TAMI TAMI TAMI GIRL U AND UR BUD LIGHT LOL LOL LOL LOL THATS A DAMN SHAM………….GIRL IT’S IN UR BLOOD BAD,RUNS IN THE FAMILY………….AND EVELYNE I DO HOPE U AND CHAD GET MARRIED QUICK AND HAVE LOTS OF KIDS,,,,LOVE U GUYS

10. suga says:

These women is very childish, and needs to get lives of their own…maybe this will give them something to focus on thats positive…for a change…Tami used Meeka , in lying about things Meeka said to the other women to get herself in the circle..Keeping mess going……Thats why it was so hard for Meeka to get in the circle in the first place…..why she wanted to be is for the show…Royce got booted out of the circle when they called her out for being a mole……….. and going back and forth with gossip from one to another…alot of back stabbing….Royce was in the cirle now shes not….And it does bother her….lol…like it bother Tami when she wasn’t in the circle….

11. Cheryl says:

Please get these tacky women off the tube. I realize that vh1 would not haveany type of rating without these sleezy females. There are truly better female to represent ball players wives. I cannot wait for basketball wives of Los Angeles. I know they will put these tricks to shame.

12. lisa says:

If Evelyn is so well off and relevant, can she please move her parents of the projects?

13. TEAM MEEKA says:

WOW..BASKETBALL WIVES? I FEEL LIKE IM WATCHING AN EPISODE OF THE BAD GIRLS CLUB. THE DRAMA REVOLVES AROUND SUSIE. EVERYONE!!!!!!! SHE SETS PEOPLE UP.
    DRAMA THAT SHE’S STARTED: ROYCE AND CIRCLE , MATT BARNS WOMEN AND EVELYN, EVELYN AND THAT ONE CHICK IN LA THAT WAS SUSIE’S FRIEND,TAMMY AND EVELYN,SUSIE EVELYN,MEEKA AND TAMMY, AND MEEKA AND THE CIRCLE. ROYCE AND JENNIFER, SHE IS SO SCARD ALL THE TIME , AND PLAYS SUSPECT IT’S BECAUSE SHE REALLY IS. SHE IS THE START OF EVERYTHING. I HOPE ALL THIS ALL COMES OUT NEXT SEASON!!!!!!! IF ANY ONE NEEDS TO BE COMFORNTED IT’S SUSIE…. THAT’S ALL I HAVE TO SAY.

14. TEAM MEEKA says:

WOW…. IM DOWN WITH THE REALIST MEEKA…. NEW CAST PLEASE, LOL ….. TAMMY WAS COOL BUT FAKE NOW …. <<<<<:::::::::::DEFINITION OF GHETTO RIGHT THERE….GO MEEKA!!!!!!!!!…. PLEASE LA SHUT IT DOWN ….

15. gigglgal215 says:

Did you guys see the look on Evelyn’s face when Suzie walked into her shoe store? She had that same BULL DOG look when Suzie was apologizing and talking about how much she loved Evelyn at the reunion. When Suzie hugged Evelyn in the store,Evelyn acted like Suzie had an odor. Evelyn is an evil goat! Poor Suzie, are you that hard up for friends you need to kiss Evelyn’s back side?

16. Aynia-Cleveland says:

My mom allowed me to watch tonight’s show with her. As a 11 year I was disappointed and hurt when I saw Tammi punch Meeka in the face. Tammi appears to be a bully. She should be banned from the show. It’s not right to give her attention for promoting violence. I have a grown neighbor who try’s to bully me and it hurts. Why would you allow Tammi to teach others how to hurt others? It’s not fair! Meek a I’m only 11 years old and know little about suing others. But from what my mother tells me, suing her for everything she owns would help stop bullying. Please sue her to stop the violence.

17. dee says:

HATERS, these women speak for themselves not you, look at housewives of hollywood, new jersey, orange county same s…. different day. I love basketball wives, black women trying to make a living,Tammie IS REAL AND KEEP IT REAL YOU GOTTA RESPECT HER, MEEKA needs to go back where she came from, she came on the show lying and trying to be in the circle, did’nt work girlfriend.Shaunie keep up the good work and make that money!!

18. Classy Chick says:

As much as I love reality tv I am really getting tired of us black women stooping to low measures, I mean I respect everybody’s hustle, but it doesn’t last long and really does affect the youth. If you ask me all of them are fake, and I respect how Meeka is the classiest one and is actually a wife, but I also like that Tami tries to be loyal at times but the rest are a mess. Tami and Meeka I know ya’ll will go far, ya’ll just need to make better choices and I’m glad Jen grew a backbone because no one deserves a man like that (But I guess that’s what you get when you marry for money)!

19. kendra says:

I love the show.I think its a real show that show the real lives and real problems of these women.But what I don’t understand is so many people are posting negative comments about it.If the show is so negative then don’t waste your time watching it and posting comments about it.Can’t wait for next season.

20. Gina says:

Congratulations Tammy, you stepped up your game and you too are Fake Now! Are you guys jealous of Meeka? She is the only real Basketball Wife and she and her husband appear to be doing well and are happy. Royce stay strong.

21. Jennifer says:

Why does Suzie act like she’s so innocent all the time?? She just wants to be the innocent, an gelic one in the group when she’s the one with the potty mouth. Drama free my a** when she’s the one that tells everybody’s business to everyone or what they said about each other. She’s’s the messenger..she’s the fake one out of all of them. Let alone the one that looks like Big Bird that talks with a lisp.

22. SValadez says:

ONE WORD, “EMBARSSING”!!!!

23. Chokri says:

Now here’s the thing…of course we all know that none of them are actually basketball wives for the moment (except for Meeka), but once were at one point with the exception of Ev, Suzie, Royce. What makes a basketball wife a wife?? Saying “I do” to an NBA player? So what if they were not actually married they most likely live the life of a common law wife and did wifely things with the person they were with. Does it doesn’t make them wrong for being on the show. It’s women in the world everyday that live the life of a wife and is not married to the person they are with…Just so happens their lives are played out of TV for the world to see and comment on. I agree with the comment posted by Kendra on 08/15/11…if the show is so negative then turn the channel and don’t tune in. It just funny…smh!

24. MikesWife says:

Please!…One word.. tacky! I do watch the show for something to talk about @ the water cooler..all the ladies ( and some gentelmen ) at work tune in.. Its hilarious and also confirms that money can not buy you class.. Im super proud that these women of lower class have found them a platform and a baller to take care of them and in some cases show them the world outside the little boxes they were raised…but the saying goes, if you knew better you do better…Meeka saud it when Tammi was ranting..Im not the same girl I used to be, Im a mother and a wife now…Think about it..
    Mike`s Wife

25. Relle says:

What’s funny is that Shaunie sits back and watches them make fools of themselves. Did she even speak on reunion 1 & why do we need a reunion 2!!??

26. solange says:

All i’m saying to this mess is that the producers seem to be ok with Tami’s bulling tactics!!!! She’s not setting an example for her teenage daughters!!!! What a mess she is , so full of hatred!!! I would love to see her and Evelyn leave the show !!! Meeka, as a professional woman I dont believe you should deal with these bunch of wannabe’s GET OFF THE SHOW, YOU DONT NEED THEM!!!!! As for Evelyn, I hope you get the money you’re chasing after Chad for, you know that this is what it’s all about!!!!

27. Shonn says:

This show has gotten so out of hand. 1. Why is John Salley the host? He’s whack. 2. Why when there is a dispute they don’t just show the clip. When Tami said she didn’t say that about the real side or the popular side, they should have pulled the clip. I remember what the hell Tami said and she done mushed Meeka in her face and the shyt was true. Shaunie sitting there not saying a damn thing. She should be embarrassed about what her show has become. And I guess Shauni and her puppets decided in the back that whenever Royce said something that they would all act like they couldn’t hear her. These are the most immature women I have ever seen on any reality show. And calling yourself REAL is not an excuse to act like uneducated, classless, ignorant hood chicks. UGH!!!