LisaRaye Defends Herself Against Accusations That She Got Stacey Dash Fired From Single Ladies

Fans of Single Ladies have been abuzz since last week when a rumor leaked that one of the show’s stars, Stacey Dash, had been fired. Rumors of tension on the set abounded, but in order to quash rumors, co-star LisaRaye McCoy issued a statement on her Facebook page. In her post, she writes: “As everyone know I am in Italy vacationing. I was just made aware of the lies that are being spread by Mediatakeout and other blogs that like to create false stories. I was not even aware that Stacy Dash had been fired from Single Ladies. Furthermore if she has been fired that is a network decision. I don’t have the power to get her fired nor do I have any beef with her. Now im going to go continue enjoying my vacation!”

Show creator Stacy A. Littlejohn also responded to the rumors, writing “LisaRaye is a very strong woman and we love her, but she does not have that kind of power, nor at any time did she seek to influence any casting decisions. Furthermore, no cast member of Single Ladies has the power to get another cast member fired. The 6th-grade back-stabbing that LisaRaye’s being accused of is completely the creation of the uninformed, instigating internet gossip. Please don’t buy into it. Let’s just celebrate that we have a season two coming!!!!!”

Dash herself has not publicly responded to the rumors, and VH1′s staying mum on the topic as well, stating that “no casting decisions have been made for the second season of Single Ladies.”

1. Lynee' says:

I hope this is just a rumor. We have to stop rumors that hurt and divide us as strong black females. We have to respecting each other and accepting each other as individuals. Everyone
    strong, smart,different. We are all great inspectives. There are too many others in the world
    that ready to down grade/belittle us as black people.

2. Crystal says:

I really hope Stacy Dash has not been fired. I adored her character. Though she didn’t single-handed make the show, she proved to be a great asset. I hope season 2 includes her along with everyone else who began the journey! Destroying the foundation is never a good look. Single Ladies just gained their fan base. Please do not lose it this early on.

3. Carey S says:

I so hope they didn’t fire her. I love her in the show. It won’t be the same without the same cast!

4. Kellay says:

Soooo did you guys really fire Stacy Dash from the show??? Because thats really the only reason i started watching it because it had those 3 ladies on it and not having 1 of them on the show i dont think i would be dedicated to watching it anymore. As a fan id really be devastated for someone else to take the place as one of the single ladies.

5. HBIC! says:

Well tell us that Stacy is coming back for her story of two engagements. Your story your man left you hanging and went back to his wife. Your story is over and Val still has a story.

I heard about your history on other shows. So there is no way you can defend yourself. Hommie your too Ghetto for my taste. I’m not sure why you are on the show.

6. Shawn says:

I hope that Stacey Dash being fired is a rumor. I love the show the way it is. I don’t think I would watch the show without the original cast members. I love the show the way it is!!!!!!!!!!!

7. AK Hayes says:

I love the show. Best show for African American women since Girlfiriends. With that said, lets keep it going. All parties involved from the camera crew to the actresses need a job. So lets keep it together for the benefit of us all.

8. Dana says:

I hope its a rumor as well, I really enjoy the show and Stacy and Lisa really make the show worth watching, along with the delicious eye candy of men..LOL! I don’t think I would watch it if all the ladies are there.

9. VOICE OF THE VIEWER says:

PLEASE KEEP THE ORIGINAL CAST BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. IF YOU WANT THE SHOW TO STAYY A HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!.

10. lee says:

I hope these are just rumors.

Initially I was reluctant to watch the show, but after my male cousin suggested that I should check it out (since the show reminded him of me) I did, and instantly became hooked.

Such a necessary source of entertainment for women with similar successes as the ladies on the show, having a group of women to relate to (countering stereotypes, living out their dreams glamourously all while dealing with the man-issues that most of us have experienced.) Friends have even tagged it the AA Sex in the City – and Val, as Sarah Jess’ish. May be premature – but the show really is refreshing and Val’s personality (outside of the obvious looks, glamour) adds mucho the the dynamic. My husband and his friends even watch (being the visible beings that they are..I am sure it bc of Stacey and the ladies). Overall just a fun show and as a mom, wife and professional – outside of CNN, this is one of the two shows that I look forward to watching weekly. Doubt that anyone can bring the total of the attributes that SD brings to the show, and that I’ll continue to follow.

I realize this is alot lol…just hope my 2 cents will be read and considered.

11. lovelylady says:

I hope this isn’t true. The only cast member that needs to be fired is April, she adds nothing to the storyline!

12. CHEEKY says:

I LOVE SINGLE LADIES AND IT’S STAR CAST! I THINK THAT WE CAN ALL LEARN ALOT ABOUT DATING IN THE REAL WORLD AND THE REALITY OF LOVE, SEX AND HEARTACHE! CAN’T WAIT TIL SEASON TWO!!

13. Well, I am glad to hear that their is not that kind of beef between the two of them. I really hope for the show’s sake that they didn’t fire STACEY DASH she is the center of the show and I really love the concept independant ladies doing their own thing but still wanting and needing love from a partner. It’s so real that you can relate to everything going on:) Looking forward to next season. Have a great VACATION.

14. ASM says:

I am not happy IF Stacey Dash will not be coming back for the second season. Her character is a great character and she do extremely well in the role. In my opinion, both she and Lisa Raye make the show so if Stacey Dash does not come back I do not know that I will be tuning in!

15. G-ladi says:

I seriously hope that this is a rumor about Stacey Dash being fired. If the network is thinking about it I hope they think again. Stacey is a major part of the show and she will be truly missed by a large percentage of viewers. I have grown to really enjoy this show and I looked forward to watching it every Monday. Now if Stacey is gone then I can truly say that I won’t watch it anymore. Her character, in my eyes, can not be replaced and if this has anything to do with Lisa Raye (who by the way was rumored to have had something to do with Elise Neal’s leaving “All of Us”) then shame on you girl. Lisa can’t carry that show on her own and as I said, there’s no one that can play Stacey’s character.

16. Crystal says:

Replacing Stacey Dash on Single Ladies would be like replacing the dancing SunDrop girl. They are making a huge mistake, Much like replacing the free credit report.com guys. The new ones arn’t that good at all.

17. KT says:

If Stacey Dash was fired, you need to bring her back. Not a good move. She was the epitome of the show. She is irreplaceable. The show will not be the same without her during the second season.

18. raven says:

Stacey Dash is an important and necessary part of the show. I can’t imagine who could replace her with her moments of sophistication and class and next moment of no class. She is funny. Keisha is just a little too street and ghetto who will take anything from a man with money…just another stereotype of the black female.

19. Alice says:

If Stacey Dash was fired, my sisters and I won’t be watching the show anymore, she was the only reason we watched the show anyway, she brought something special to the character that can’t be replaced, Lisa’s character is just your average gold digger.

20. Duke says:

I totally enjoy watching the show but I don’t believe one character can make a show — I believe one character can break a show. If it’s true that Stacey Dash was fired then obviously this was an Executive decision made in the best interest of the show. LisaRaye should not have to defend herself over an issue that has absolutely nothing to do with her because people enjoy being “messy”.

21. cburwell says:

I really like all three of the women on the show. Please let us continue to get to know these characters and where their story lines lead.

22. Wendy says:

I loves this show!!! I can’t see this show with out either Lisa or Stacey because no matter what the relationship they have off camera the on camera relationship is on point!!!! I like that little Stacey dash and her “VAL” persona so lovable and she be worki’N them rags, anywho hope all remains intact on the show………

23. Mona says:

I will not watch “Single Ladies” if Stacey Dash is fired, she is the only one with REAL class. I like her more than Lisa Ray.

24. nap says:

Stacy Dash in the Val character is the foundation of the show. Lisa Raye likes to hog up all the splotlight, as she did on All of Us.

Keep Stacy Dash. Keep the show in tact for the benefit of the viewer.

25. Ronnae Garrett says:

If you all get rid of Stacy, there IS NO SINGLE LADIES!!!!! I love her character and she and Jerry are reason I began TIVOing the show. You all need to fix this! Val was my favorite and how can the writers make such a great ending to the season finale and then just fire Stacy..again she is SINGLE LADIES!!!!!!!

26. DEB says:

SAY IT IS NOT SO… I LOVE THIS SHOW, STACEY DASH IS GREAT.. I CAN NOT THINK OF A REPLACEMENT FOR HER.

27. Tiger Lilly says:

COME on don’t go pulling out the crazy. LisaRaye is a good actress but she is no Jewish entertainment mogul. Why would she cut her own dollars off by attempting to get a long time collaborator removed from a successful show. That’s not her style, plus that would kill her professionally not to mention her street creditability. But makes for good drama. As few shows as it is and with as few African-American getting an opportunity to work in the extremely lucrative arena known as TV she would be pulling out the crazy to be trying to end the chemistry of a successful show. Too much money on the table and both of them need it to maintain their families and their life styles. We need to continue to support this show and the people on screen and behind the scene, we get very few main stream opportunities like this to be on TV in a prime time slot please.

28. mimi says:

your making big mistake fired stacey dash, all them was the show . i don’t fell no one can play val like her, you will lost ratings, everyone i know what this show and you be killing it. you might not see if now. watch when season 2 start. this show will be cancelled. need to rethink your decision , what happen to talk to coworker and explaining if you don’t stop with disturbing the set get suspense with out paid to hurt them, not kill the show.

29. PRETTYKAS says:

I THINK THIS WAS A REALLY POSITIVE SHOW FOR EVEYONE WHO IS SINGLE AND I THINK IT WAS VERY AWESOME AS WELL I LOVED EVERY MOMENT ME AND MY BOYFRIEND WATCHED IT TOGETHER VERY MONDAY I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A SECOND SEASON AND THE SAME ORIGNAL CAST…………

30. Topaz says:

Well Lisa Ray is no Stacy Dash lol… jealousy the green eye monster, stay clear of it!

31. Sheena says:

Well, after discussing this with others if the rumor is true, and Ms Dash is out.. so are we. The show was refreshing for a change – Upbeat, modern, realistic, mature, and sexy with a story line. I know how women can be in the workplace. Haters, are hater, rumors are rumors, rating are rating… Tsk, tsk . Someones slip is showing… Lose Ms. Dash and it’s a wrap for single ladies as it were. Peace

32. t says:

I hope this is not true. I think Stacey Dash’s character makes the show. The show will not be the same without her. Can’t they just all get along?

33. fabbie says:

well thank God because i love all the cast stacy and LisaRay mostly. i run home to watch this show from work even though i have it recorded on my DVR. so i would love the second season with the same cast members.

34. anglea says:

love the show…..what happened?????????

35. Preston says:

Plain & simple, if Stacey Dash goes i just won’t watch the show anymore. These types of ‘rumors’ shouldn’t be leaked in the 1st place. What happened to confidentiality agreements?

36. Fefe says:

I love single ladies. LisaRaye makes the show. I like the roll she plays. My husband and I watch the show every time it comes on. I can’t wait for next season.

37. jan says:

I don’t know exactly when i started watching the show but i really enjoy it. I hope everyone return for the next season. Can’t wait!! Do anyone know when that will be?

38. barbara wash says:

if stacy is gone so am I, I have never liked Lisa R,,

39. Neachie says:

SINGLE LADIES WAS A HOT TV SHOW AND I LOVED IT….YALL HAVE THE RIGHT CASTING MEMBERS ON THERE YALL DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE IT….THE ACTORS THAT YALL HAVE IS WOUNDERFULLISA,STACY,AND APRIL.THE GAY GUY..THEY ALL PLAY STAY SCENCES WELL….AND I LOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!DATS REAL TALK

40. Ms. Texas says:

I really hope Stacy comes back full time. Her story line is too integral to the show. What I have noticed is in Black entertainment they focus too much on the personal. Who gives a flip if they don’t like each other off set all I know is when the director yells “ACTION, professionalism needs to take over. I don’t want to lay blame on anyone’s feet but it is a coincidence this is the second time one of Lisa Raye’s co-stars has been fired. And the the shows creator admitted in an interview Lisa Raye was one of her best friends so…. But one thing I do know is Stacy Dash is irreplaceable as the character Val. I hate to say it but the other lady April provides MINIMAL input to the story line and can be easily replaced. But u try and replace a main character? Not a good look, and unfortunately alot of the viewer loyalty will be lost. Good luck with the show but i just can’t see them recovering from this move.

41. Itty Bitty Me says:

I love LisaRaye she will always b mii favorite on Single Ladies She keeps it real<and even though Stacey Dash Got fired dhat was on her no one else<so 4 ppl 2 b blaming LisaRaye come on now untill u know the whole storii then u have nothing to say…Ya aint gone watch the show no more<please ya lucky they having a Second Season..!

42. Lisa Clark says:

If you Stacy Dash is not on the show I won’t be watching that show, it will get canceled like the other show Lisa Raye was on that Elise Neal left ………….. Sorry it won’t last ……

43. roz says:

Lisa Raye can go. Stacy should stay!!!!!

44. The departure of Dash from Single Ladies is a total loss to the show. There is NO ONE that can replace such elegance, beauty, class and spunk. I mean NO ONE!

Replacing Dash with Meagan Good is mind-boggling. Good’ s past roles (on movies/TV shows/ and MAINLY MUSIC VIDEOS) were ones that reflect Keisha’s role on Single Ladies therefore I couldn’t take her serious as a fashionista, or anything that is of Val’s character. She lacks grace and she lacks poise that the character Val (and DASH) naturally possess.

Save the embarrassment of failure and just cancel the show now while your still ahead because ratings will go down due to the choices that were made and producers/writers of the show will soon realize it.