Demi Lovato’s Emotional “Skyscraper” Brings The Do Something! Awards Crowd To Its Feet [VIDEO]

You just watched Demi Lovato bring the house down with her soaring rendition of “Skyscraper” at the 2011 Do Something! Awards. We don’t have much more to say about it at the moment, mainly because we’re still wiping the tears out of our eyes. We’ll try to regain our composure by the morning, but for now, we’d just like to share this video of the pinnacle of tonight’s show with you so you can watch it over, and over, and over again.

RELATED: Check out our exclusive interview with Demi from late last month, where she opened up to us about about the creative evolution of “Skyscraper,” shooting her own tear-strewn video with director Mark Pellington, and her dismay with the ubiquity of alcohol references currently in the Billboard Top Ten:
Demi Lovato: “It’s Unfortunate That Pop Songs Have Become So Much About Partying And Clubs” (Exclusive Interview) [VH1 Blog]

View Photo Gallery
  1. Joel says:

Thank you so much for posting Demi’s performance.I was not able to see it when it aired(no TV).Thank you VH1,Thank you Demi.Such a fantastic talent and extremely inspirational.

2. Erica says:

Demi looks so beautiful, truly an inspiration to me!

3. norma says:

just love demi !!!

4. Galen says:

THIS PERFORMANCE IS FREAK’N AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE DID SO AMAZING SINGING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHES THE BEST SINGER IN MY GENERATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I COULDNT WAIT FOR HER TO HIT THE HIGH NOTES AND SHE HIT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHES SO AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU DEMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Hikari says:

demi looks so magnificent and such an outstanding singer!! keep on inspiring us, demi!! :))
    thanks for the vid, vh1! ;)

6. Mayra says:

An absolutely amazing performance! I loved everything about this performance, she looked stunning and the vocals were perfect! Skyscraper is a song that makes me my throat tighten up every time I hear it but, watching her perform it so beautifully had me in tears. When she hits the high notes is when it gets me the most. I am so very proud of Demi! She is doing awesome and I cannot wait for her album to come out!

7. Jessica says:

This performance brought tears to my eyes… It was awesome…

8. cindy says:

This was the best part of the night. Demi looks beautiful and the performance was awesome, so much emotion!! Go Demi

9. Gloria says:

Demi Lovato was awesome!! I have always liked her she is beautiful and extremely talented. I am a mother I used to watch her with my daughter on Disney or Nicklodeon one of those and to me, she was one of the ones that stuck out from the rest of them, she was really funny, really expressive, her singing is excellent as you can see. I am so glad she is back. And also, check her on the countdown with that song, “skyscraper”… it is climbing too. I’m really really proud of her. She’s back better then ever now and she’s grown up!! Thanks!!

10. Raul says:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER SMILE!!!!

11. Demi Lovato is the most beautiful, inspirational, and just all around amazing woman. I admire her for everything she has accomplished in her life as well as gone through. She is so strong and is such an encouragement to those out there who are going through difficult times in their lives. I will always and forever look up to Demi. She sang this song beautifully and looked stunning. I cannot wait until her album comes out and I especially cannot wait to see my idol on stage for her tour. Demi, if you are reading this by any chance, I love you and I, as well as all of your fans, will support you in all that you do and all the choices you make. God bless and I hope your journey in life takes you to amazing places… Well, it already has! <3 Alexandra Madar

12. Nilo says:

she is beautiful and such an inspiration <3

13. Crystal says:

OMG!!! DEMI KILLED IT hands down! I never knew she had a voice like tht
    Go #TeamDemi

14. deanne says:

i love this song it can relate to soo much people and i think it relates to me alot in alot of diffferent ways that i cant descirbe and i think demi lovato is an amazing singer and its sad that she wont be actin in any kind of shows i will miss that i will her show sonny with a chance , sonny with a chance was an amazing show demi played the star role sonny monroe and in the first episode she was at her little home in wisconsin watchin it from her small t.v. with her mom on the show and im so glad that came up with another show called so random (:

15. Patrick says:

First off, I have to say that I’m not a “Lovatic”. Before this song, I didn’t know much about or even listen to Demi Lovato, except for the occasional snippet. I didn’t think anything of her as a vocalist, mainly because she didn’t catch my fancy. However, “Skyscraper” really caught my attention. What solid vocals, and what an incredible message. Even though Demi didn’t write it, she performs and conveys the song beautifully. And, good on her for being such an inspiration and incredible influence on young women. This performance only heightens my respect for her. Good on you, Demi!

16. aj says:

i love u demi ur new song skyscraper it sould have been #1

17. Maud says:

This is such a great performance by Demi. The way she tore up that song; lets others know that they are not the only ones who experience such sadness. This song speaks to many people while in the depths of despair can still find rise above just like a skyscraper. Great job, keep up the good work. . The first time,I heard it on vh1 top 20, my heart went out to Demi. Any way Demi, here’s a little secret when you feel discouraged and it appears that your whole world is crumpling around you and no one seems to care. Look to Providence because there you will find your anchor, your strength, your hope , and the courage to move on.

18. Leilgh says:

Mediocre song – vocals ok, but slightly off at times – actual voice an average one. Perhaps her back story has everyone a little too emotional over the actual performance. Cute girl.

19. violet says:

move selena let demi show you how to sing

20. kalin says: