Remembering Michael Jackson On His 53rd Birthday

Today would have been the 53rd birthday of Michael Jackson, one of the greatest entertainers this world has ever known. Sadly, though, his life was cut short back in 2009 after he overdosed on Propofol (a case that has yet to see a full resolution). Still, his legacy lives on and, in many ways, has taken on an even greater significance since his passing.

In order to celebrate his remarkable life and his achievements, we took a cue from one of our favorite Tumblr sites, Awesome People Hanging Out Together. We crawled through almost 40 years worth of archive photographs to find these pictures of Michael Jackson hanging out with people from every profession and walk of life: his fellow musicians, actors, directors, politicians, diplomats, and even an inanimate object or two! So as you fire up your favorite MJ tracks today, take a look through our gallery and relive some of his most famous (and most random) celebrity encounters.

View Photo Gallery
  1. josie says:

i loved michael jackson and i loved all his songs and it was the best singer.

2. Louis says:

Gone too soon…

3. jeralina says:

I love michael jackson so much he will always be in my heart and i will never ever ever forget him R.I.P michael

4. alyssa says:

Michael Jackson will always be in my heart and iknow he will be in yours ! so may he have the best bday upp in heaven !!! ILY MJ<3 R.I.P !

5. michelle says:

i loved micheal miss him so much!

6. DC says:

Michael Jackson was one hell of an artist. I worked for him on Dangerious World Tour part lll.
    He was never what the “press” in America made him out to be. One of the things that would happen on tour was that the gal that ran cattering would get a suite case with about $10,000.00. She would find the biggest toy store(Toy’s R US)what ever country we were in, buy toys, stuffed animals.
    Michael would then go to the biggest Hospital (like Childrens) and go room by room to visit with kids that in most cases had no idea who he even was. He’d spend time the each kid and give them the toys. This would take all day long. So an extra day was always involved. This was reported when we were in Argentina and people ther didn’t get why he would spend time with kids that didn’t know who he was.
    When we were in Isreal he wanted to “party” with his crew, so he had his manager Bill set up a time at an amusement park run by the same guy that was doing our concerts. A different side of Michael that most never hear about, he was a regular guy, aside of the money that people around him always wanted to take from him in Law-Suites.

7. kathy c says:

He was the best in music videos back when MTV&VH1 just did videos!With what he did with Thriller&getting famous people like Eddie Murphy&NBA greats Michael Jordan&Magic Johnson to appear in his videos were great& having 2 of the best guitar players (Eddie Van Halen&Slash) to play on his music was great also.

8. peaceful says:

I miss you Michael…r.i.p…Happy Birthday to you, happy biiiithday…martin luther tune….

9. monina arroyo says:

i love you michael, i will never forget you, my wyhole family esp. my daughter athena also loves you so much

10. Inma says:

Michael I love you so much, I miss you every single day of my life. Music will never be the same without you. You’re the most amazing artist and you will remain as such forever. I hope to get to know you in another life. Love always.

11. ann-marie says:

god i hate churie currie and the runaways.