T.I. Released From Federal Prison Today, And Set To Star In New VH1 Series Premiering In December

Rapper T.I. was just released from an Arkansas prison today and plans to serve out the final month of his 11-month sentence in a halfway house. With his release also comes the news that VH1 is planning a new reality series that will follow him as he gets back on his feet and into the real world that he’s been away from for almost a year. For more information on the show that’s scheduled to premiere on December 5, 2011, read on.

VH1 FOLLOWS MULTI-PLATINUM RAPPER T.I. IN NEW SERIES
Scheduled to Premiere Monday, December 5th at 10PM ET/PT

NEW YORK, NY- August 31, 2011- VH1 is teaming up with multi-platinum recording artist and America’s top selling rapper T.I. as he re-adjusts to life as a free man after being incarcerated for nearly a year in a Federal prison in Arkansas. In the new untitled T.I. series premiering December 5 at 10PM*, viewers will get a behind-the-scenes look at the most private and personal moments of one of today’s hottest, most sought after Grammy winning artists as he is reunited with his wife and kids and thrust back into society at this crucial juncture in his life.

The half hour 10-episode series follows the “King of the South” at his most vulnerable state, as he is released from an 11 month Federal prison term, his second stint in three years. Along the way we will see T.I. re-acclimate back into his life as a father, husband, son and friend, as well as a musician, a clothier, a businessman, and an actor (he last starred in and produced Sony’s film TAKERS which opened number one at the box office the weekend prior to his arrest). We will also witness T.I. behind the scenes in studio as he goes about recording yet another likely Grammy-award winning album. All the while with T.I. needing to abide by a new set of restrictions and obstacles due to his probation terms. Can the King stay on the straight and narrow while juggling the chaos of his kingdom?

Viewers will also get a glimpse into the very loving and always fascinating relationship between T.I. and his wife Tameka (aka “Tiny”), who has faithfully stood by T.I.’s side through it all and who herself was a former member of 90’s Grammy winning pop group Xscape. Tameka and T.I. are passionately in love, but both know that this previous incarceration has to be his last. The mother of two of T.I.’s children, along with her own fifteen-year-old daughter, Tameka was forced to hold down the fort while T.I. was behind bars. Viewers will also be introduced to the OMG GIRLZ, a sizzling new up-and-coming pop group that Tameka manages. With T.I. back on his throne, we will watch as he reclaims his kingdom, rebuilds his businesses, and reconnects with his family and friends. Most importantly though, we will see T.I. adjusting to life with a new set of rules, so as to never again repeat the devastating mistakes of his past.

“Viewers have always connected with T.I. and we are definitely thrilled to show the next chapter of this incredible artist’s riveting life with this new series,” said Jeff Olde, EVP, Original Programming and Production VH1. “T.I. is such a multi- talented artist and actor, and though he has had some setbacks, there is no doubt he will use his considerable talents to get back on top of both the music and film business.”

The untitled T.I. series is created and executive produced by 51 Minds’ Cris Abrego, Christian Sarabia, Rabih Gholam and Ben Samek (CAPI), as well as Category 5 Entertainment’s Brian Sher and Stella Bulochnikov (“T.I.’S Road to Redemption”). For VH1, the series is executive produced by Jill Holmes, Kristen Kelly and Jeff Olde.
[Photo: Getty Images]

1. Daniel Dixon says:

iam glad to see my boy out of jail now its time for some real rap back to the streets been waiting for T.i to get out of jail i follow my boy from his first cd to the last cd and he is just real on everything he do welcome back home T.i do your thing dog forreal.

2. wanda will! says:

I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS TIME OUT TO SAY TO MY BOY T. I WELCOME AS YOUR FANS WE HAD YOUR BACK IN THERE @ WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACK KEEP THEM COMMING WITH THOES HOT TRACKS @ I GIVE YOUR WIFE MUCH RESPECT FOR HOLDING YOU DOWN FOR THAT LONG GOD BLESS YOU @ YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY MAY MANY BLESSING COME APON YOU !

3. tanya diggs says:

welcome home sir t.i.,the world has truly misssed you and all the great things yoiu have done, and all the great things that we we as a nation look forward to seeing and hearing from you , say to you keep your head above water,and first prove nothing to no one but the good lord above,because without him none of the things that you have been through,wouldnt have been possible,i love you and respect you that you were on trial,as a test from god,not any one else so he has given you another chance at life. because through god all things are possible,love the lord trust and believe and keep the faith,he knows that you have a heart,and means well,so no one should judge or be judged only the good lord can prevail and he has. god bless you and stay blessed!!!!

4. EVERETT says:

HE CAN GET A SHOW AND TINY CANT….SHE SHOULD’VE KEPT HER SHOW.

5. pascale says:

i am so happy that one of my favorite rapper was released today, can’t wait to see what’s next,,,

6. SHAWN says:

Welome home Hunnie (((MUAH)))!

7. MZTIPSTERZ says:

Just want to take this time and say WELCOME BACK. My Son’s will be glad to know that you are back and ready for whateva. You have proven that all things are possible through Christ and Prayer. Continue to put God first in whateva you do and you to shall prosper.

8. Msknozit says:

this guy is a joke. he gets caught doing dumb ish and spends too much of his time in jail when he should be fathering all those kids. he needs to grow up and as my dad would say…”act like you got some damn sense, fool!”

9. unknown suspect says:

Another Artist who sold his soul to the darkside. illuminati puppet. 2wice he gets out of jail under a year for isht an average brotha would be put Under the jail for. Just saying. On top of it the first time he was in jail, he gets a show and that troll looking female of his gets a show to dumb down the sheeple. boy it is true what they say. History does repeat it’s self.

10. Tiger Lilly says:

I love T.I he is a very talented artist, but it’s time to give God a try you have tried everything else so lets see how you do giving the master control of your life. Make a difference to young men who need your guidance. Only what he does for Christ will last!!!

11. Jennie Eckord says:

Yayyyy! I dont know what changed T.I. mind about doing a reality show. He is a very private person but Im so happy he allowing Vh1 to do this show on him and his Wife. Tiny, I am supa happy her hubby is with the deal so we could also see you again on the screen. Tiny, you give some good advise about Life and again yay! I will be tuned in on Dec 5th.

12. Breasia Harper says:

I Love T.I. and I think it’s great dat vh1 is givin him a chance with dis show an nt jus givin up on him. He is a great artist, but he is only human. EVERYBODY MAKES MISTAKES!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Trini says:

IM IN LOVE WITH T.I. HE IS SOO FINE .. I REALLY HOPE HE STAY OUT OF TROUBLE ND MAKE MORE MUSIC SO HE CAN BE ON TOP AGAIN AND FOR TINY THAT THING SO UGLY HE SHOULD JUST LEAVE HER PIGGLET FACE A**!

14. Alicia Davis says:

HOORAY!! The King is out! I have been waiting for T.I.’s release and anticipating his next projects. Love you T.I..

15. I'M Done says:

Wow…way to go VH1. I didn’t realize you were in the business for REWARDING people who try to illegally buy guns and do drugs. Why don’t you just post a big sign that says –>Be Like ME! You’ll get your own show! so that all our future generations can take their lead. I will never come to this site or turn your channel on again.

16. T.I. and Ms. Tiny, you guys have a lot of love and if you boht have gotten threw this storm you will both weather the next, Just so that you know that some of us regular folks from the dirty south, have faith in you and know the best is yet to come, Congratulations on your up comming endeavors.

17. Aces11 says:

Has to be sooooooooooo STUPID to take a LUXURY BUS back to his Half-Way house, only a Rapper, What an IDIOT. Seems like he wants to stay In Prison, he must like Bubba Love…