Fans And Co-Stars Respond To Stacey Dash’s Departure From Single Ladies

When news broke yesterday about Stacey Dash‘s departure from Single Ladies, our blog, Facebook page, and Twitter feeds were flooded with comments from viewers with something to say. Reactions ran the gamut from “I’ll never watch again!” to “Who should replace her?” to “NOOOOOOOOOO!” While we here at the VH1 Blog have no more information at the moment regarding Val’s future on the show, we’ve heard what you had to say and we love that the fans are so vocal and passionate, not to mention entertaining.

Here are our ten favorite Twitter comments about the situation from the past 24 hours, including some from Dash’s Single Ladies co-stars and Basketball Wives star Tami Roman, but mostly from you opinionated fans out there.

1. @TheRealLRaye (LisaRaye McCoy): Well there u guys got it. S.Dash can’t stay on Single Ladies I must say its a bummer & I’ll miss her but I’m sure 1 monkey don’t stop no show

2. @Travis_Winfrey (Omar on Single Ladies): @REALStaceyDash I’m sad… you owe me a goodbye hug!

3. @TamiRoman: Aww no more Stacey on Single Ladies…sad face…well LisaRaye can carry the show’s fan base-I’m sure it will still be entertaining.

4. @TBaBii_Flawless: Stacey Dash left #SingleLadies forreal forreal….. Now im pissed man wtf!!

5. @joyfulentertain: Awww Val isn’t returning to Single Ladies. Now what’s Jerry gonna do?? #singleladies

6. @rivasgrievous: Nooooooo!! @REALStaceyDash Isn’t coming back to #singleladies

7. @MissTay1122: #singleladies that’s jacked up especially the way the show ended. I wanted 2 c who she would marry #sooverit

8. @VocalAdrenaline: Stacey Dash is not going to be on Single Ladies anymore. That’s like half if the male population gone right there.

9. @Timishka: #staceydash leaves #singleladies Aw man, that’s like SATC with no Carrie Bradshaw. How are they gonna turn this around for season2? #gutted

10. @IrinCarmon: Alas, Stacey Dash’s miraculous immunity to the aging process couldn’t save her job

1. Dee says:

Please bring back Stacy Dash! She made the show!!! Bring her back.

2. LibraScale says:

I think Gabrielle Union should replace her. I loveeee me some Stacey Dash though!

3. Mike says:

I WATCHED THE SHOW FAITHFULLY EVERY WEEK JUST TO SEE STACEY…..
    LISA RAYE IS OK, BUT COULD NEEEEEEVVVVVEEEERRRRR COMPARE TO
    STACEY ON A BAD DAY….! ALSO TO ALL THE FELLAS U AND I BOTH KNOW
    STACEY LOOKS MUCH BETTER IN WHITE….!!!!!!!!! I CAN GUARANTEE THIS
    SHOW WILL NOT MAKE IT ANOTHER SEASON WITHOUT HER………
    ***********VAL / STACEY IS THE SHOW HANDS DOWN*****************************

4. bridgette says:

stacey dash needs to stay on the show its not going to be the same without her im not going to watch it anymore cuz thats bull! sucks!

5. S Scott says:

THE SHOW WILL NOT BE THE SAME WITHOUT STACY DASH…DON;T THINK I WILL WATCH IF SHE IS NOT ON THE SHOW

6. Zeta333 says:

This is some bull!!!!!! Bring back Stacy

7. Michael L. Bowden says:

No, Say it aint so. No Stacy, Please dont go. Baby Plez, Baby Plez, Baby,baby, baby please dont go! However I have a solution why not film 50% of the show in Atlanta,GA and 50% in L.A., Calif. Why not allow Val,(Stacey Dash) to relocate to L.A. and open up a 2nd location for her Atlanta based business. Allow Val to make new friends with he following 4 females,one being Latina & one being Asian & one being White & one being Black. Lets allow Val to temporarily hook up with her White male lover, who left Ailanta for Calif. Her West coast location should be near the Beach & she should have multiple lovers, in an attempt to get over Jerry. And certain cast members from Atlanta, Ga. should come out to visit her. If you choose not to do this then Val, should be replace by MYA the R&B singer. However, I would like for Val to gat a 2nd chance & film in L.A.,CA.

8. Kimy says:

No matter what happen Stacy Dash was a wonderful actress and we all enjoyed her.

9. Kimmy says:

I watch the show regualry. I wll not be the same but im interested in knowing what they have planned for the next season

Kimmy

10. CLAUDETTE says:

I’M SO SORRY THAT SINGLE LADIES, ONE OF THE STARS WILL NOT BE ON ANY MORE.
    MAYBE THEY SHOULD GET – ROYCE- 2- PLAY THAT PART I THINK SHE WILL BE GREAT FOR THAT PART, I WILL MISS -U- STACEY DASH. BUT WORK GOES ON. GET ROYCE FROM BASKETBALL WIVES,

11. Ms314St.Louis says:

I was mad when i first heard it, But now im over it..gone an replace her already…cause i still want to see who her character is going to choose…Just Like Lisa Ray said..one monkey dont stop no show…lol…Very true statement…Cause as soon as the new season starts everyone is still gonna tune in…and a couple of episodes later they all are going to forget all about Stacy Dash being on the show…even if they dont like the new person they choose…people are going to still watch it cause im sure its still gonna be a jaw dropping sitcom..

12. deion11 says:

VH1. U GUYS SUCK FOR LETTING THIS HAAPPEN. PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! GET HER BACK!!!! I CANT WATCH IT WITHOUT HER!!! THAT WAS THE PERFECT CAST.LISTEN TO ME!! NO ONE CAN REPLACE STACY!!!! NO ONE!!!

13. buttaScott says:

im definitely not watch Lisa Ray ghetto ass lead this show, well maybe if they bring in Lauren London

14. tony says:

I think Gabby Union should take Stacey’s place. I’m not even sure no one else could take Val’s place unless they wrote in a sister to take over the shop or something. And I love LisaRaye but she can’t carry this show alone.

15. EW says:

It would be a real disappointment if Stacey Dash does not return. Her character represents a lot of single ladies out here. I want her to be with Jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need Stacey Dash on the show. I never missed a night of Single Ladies!

16. Nanny says:

Stacey Dash is Val! I’m sad and probably won’t watch Single Ladies! LisaRaye it takes a monkey to know one. If they are going to replace Val, it should be Keisha Knight Pullam. She’s beauty and a great actress and I could totally see her in this role!

17. Ms. Carter says:

This is the only show I really watch and now I’m thinking….why keep up? Stacey Dash is a part of the fabric of this show, and changing the dynamics totally changes the show. Good luck, I may watch to stay of the haters list, but it sho aint gona b the same! ~ATLANTA GA ALL DAY

18. Ms. Carter says:

And P.S.
    I LUV Michael L. Bowden’s idea posted September 2, 2011 at 7:48 pm. Mr., you got skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Uniquelyb says:

Stacey will be missed :(

20. Its sad to see Stacy Dash go. I loved watching her in single ladies. Oh well, I hope they find a really good actress to replace her.

21. sassygal11 says:

Although it saddens me that Stacey Dash will no longer be apart of one of my favorite shows, Single Ladies, I am sure the show will still be a success provided that Val’s character be played by any of the following actresses: Tracee Ellis Ross, Gabrielle Union, or Halle Berry. Any of these actresses would be sure to bring in rave reviews and ratings to the Single Ladies show, not to mention they all have both impressive and convincing roles they have portrayed. VH1 don’t sleep on these 3 ladies, one of the 3 would be a great asset to the show!

22. Speed says:

This is a good show and it will not be the same w/o Stacy. I like the rest of the cast but Stacy was the star. LRay is good looking but not the best actress. This stinks because a decent tv show is hard to come by and I was getting into this one.

23. Hmmmm says:

Keisha Knight Pulliam (Rudy from the Cosby Show) is the perfect replacement or maybe Reagan Gomez , Meagan Good, or Nia Long.

24. 404FERRARIGIRLS says:

I respect Stacy Dash for being there for her family. My mother and father were not with me coming up, and it did have an impact on my emotional life. Although I recovered, as we all can with the proper acknowledgment of our personal issues, I respect her for not even choosing to go there with her children.

No once can “replace” Stacy Dash because she was made for that part, and she played it very well. However, I think Queen Latifah–being one of the executive producers of the show– will make sure that whoever takes the part will be just as talented.

404FERRARIGIRLS

25. kandakeAure says:

PLEASE PLEASE SALLI RICHARDSON TO REPLACE STACY AS VAL!! PLEASE!! THIS SHOW NEEDS TO KEEP THE SPIRIT AND THE QUALITY OF WOMEN IN THEIR 40S THAT ARE LIVELY, CAREER ORIENTED, AND BEAUTIFUL! PLEASE SALLI RICHARDSON! SHE IS THE ONLY ON THAT CAN REPLACE STACY. SHE AND STACY ARE ABOUT THE SAME AGE AND THEY BOTH ARE IMMUNE TO AGING! VH1 LISTEN!!!!!! SALLI RICHARDSON!!

26. stephanie says:

I am sad that stacy dash is leaving but family comes first, (but without an income it’s hard to take care of your family) I too believe one monkey don’t stop the show but the best replacement would have to be as good or better than SD. I think Nia Long, Megan Good, Jeniffer Williams (from basketball wives) Keisha Knight would be great or Kandi from housewives of Atlanta. Stacey Dash is not the only well know black actress. what about Jill Marie Jones-from Girlfriends, Sanaa Lathan, Gabby Union. Trust me she is replacable and I will still watch the show. Good Luck Stacy

27. sandi says:

Stacey gave character to the show! She will be missed very much! I think Jill Marie Jones of Girlfriends would be able to play the part very well, she is a very good actress.

28. Marquita Wilkins says:

I am really disappointed that Stacey is not returning. I had not been into a show that good in a long time. And for her co-star to say one monkey don’t steal no show is rude and unnecessary. I guess Lisa only found God on her television show because she most definitely don’t take him everywhere she goes. I hope the best for Mrs. Dash, she was a real light to the show.

29. Leah says:

I only watched the show because of Stacey! She made the show, no one else can replace her. It was a guilty pleasure that my mom and I would watch together and talk about after. Such a shame, no I’ll have to find something else to watch. First, Hawthorne, now this!!!!! What’s next?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!

30. stephanie says:

they should have took FAT ASS Lisa off the show

31. Bee says:

I certainly am still holding on to Stacey Dash returning as Val. Stacey’s following is in my opinion is universal. The Val character was made for Stacey without a doubt. Here is what I mean: fun to watch, charming, whimsy, sexy, funny (cute) without trying to be, and a refreshing twist to the norm- when she is upset or angry , you can’t really tell . If there just has to be a replacement, in my opinion the following ladies would fit the mold of Val: Robin Givens, Raven Symone, Kyla Pratt, Essence Atkins, Tamara Mowry, Jasmine Guy, Meagan Good, Kim Fields.
    I Hope and Pray Stacey Dash would return.

32. Zafira2000 says:

Say it’s NOT true to the rumors of why she’s NOT coming back…because two beautiful black “professional” women could NOT get a long??? Come on now its 2011….when does it stop, stop pulling the crab back into the basket?! All I can say is they both made the show a success and I don’t think Lisa Ray can carry the show for an entire season on her own; before it get cancel. Don’t get me wrong, I am a fan but it remind me of Girlfriends with Tracee’ Ross once her co-star (Toni) left (for whatever reason), the show was cancelled shortly . I hoped something can be worked out.
    Devoted watcher… it was nice to see something besides A REALITY SHOW!

33. Zafira2000 says:

BTW…. STACEY DASH was VAL!!!!!!

34. Bee says:

Ok, I just saw the comment from Lisa Raye…wow!!!! In my opnion it souds sarcastic, that she knew all along, that she may have been involved and I would not even be surprised if it was not the objective all along….Put some one on the show who would be universal an attract a diverse audience, get the following and then swoop in for the kill. Especially if your objective was to be lead all along…It’s one of those things when you feel once people get hooked then you can change it up and they will still be hooked…that maybe true to some degree, but when you decide to change it up, you have to still have the right elements in place to keep them hooked…so, to Lisa Raye; sometimes one Monkey can stop the show, the one that left and the one that’s still there. So unfortunate for something that was so refreshing!!!

35. Wanda says:

I will probably not watch the show anymore because Stacey Dash is gone. This is only my opinion but Stacey was the best actress on the show.

36. Cappuccino says:

bring STACEY DASH BACK!!

37. carole says:

i cant believe it. here i am waiting for the next season to see who she is going to marry and she up and does this. WOW!

38. NeeCee says:

Replacing Val’s role on Single Ladies should not be an option…..The ex-producers should consider creating a new role for the series (i.e. Val’s cousin, a long- lost friend or someone who purchased V from Val)…..but having another actress play the role of Val would be a bad decision on the executives…..I’m just saying

39. king1985 says:

I think Toni Braxton would be a great Val! She is sexy and she has that Stacey Dash look… She aint making no music so why not??!!

40. Single Ladies Fan says:

The show will definitely not be the same with out Stacy Dash. I can not think of anybody who would play the character as good as her. We will miss you Stacy, hope you reconsider.

41. JuWell says:

P.S. I like Michael L. Bowden idea also, and MYA would be nice she fine and pretty and no I’m not just saying that because she looks like my wife LOL.

42. Shonee80 says:

Out of all the names people recommended no one mentioned Jurnee Smollet who played in Eve’s Bayou. She came to mind because Im watching this movie called Ruby’s Bucket of Blood that stars Angela Basset’s and Jurnee plays her teen daughter. I haven’t seen her in the spot light in a while and she is a great actress that’s all grown up now. I don’t think she should take Stacy Dash’s role, but come in as a new fresh character. Stacy should stay and the show’s crew should call up Jurnee Smollet.

43. T says:

Please consider Robinne Lee as a replacement.

44. ob10 says:

OMG, I cannot believe Stacy Dash is not returning to Single Ladies!! I recorded the first season of shows on my DVR, have just viewed them over the weekend, and I’m now devastated to hear of her departure from the show!

In all honesty, this is one of the best shows I’ve seen in years. I can say that without Ms. Dash however, I will be a first season only viewer, no one can bring what she did to the role. I am so disappointed.

45. vh1fan says:

Loved Stacy in this role! Sad to see her go.
    I think Jada Pinkett would be a good replacement. And with all the recent press she would probably bring new viewers to a great show.

46. The departure of Dash from Single Ladies is a total loss to the show. There is NO ONE that can replace such elegance, beauty, class and spunk. I mean NO ONE!

Replacing Dash with Meagan Good is mind-boggling. Good’ s past roles (on movies/TV shows/ and MAINLY MUSIC VIDEOS) were ones that reflect Keisha’s role on Single Ladies therefore I couldn’t take her serious as a fashionista, or anything that is of Val’s character. She lacks grace and she lacks poise that the character Val (and DASH) naturally possess.

Save the embarrassment of failure and just cancel the show now while your still ahead because ratings will go down due to the choices that were made and producers/writers of the show will soon realize it.

47. Babygirl05 says:

S. Dash will truely be missed and in my opinion i could picture Raven Seymone or Tia mowry or play the part before that can take place the producers should consider the suggestion from Mr. Micheal they should relocate her and allow her to make new friends and the show will continue to be sucessful but they should try to fill her position just allow her cousin or someone to come.

48. Susan S. says:

WTH! I was a hold out because I am not a big fan of Ms Raye, but I started watching the show on demand and loved it! Stacy Dash is a natural for that type of character, leading that type of lifestyle, but Lisa Raye, not so much. Producers, get Stacy back! She is the ONLY person for that role. Also, someone needs to tell Lisa to pipe down on the comments like “one monkey don’t stop no show”! Hater. I won’t be watching!

49. NickTO says:

Please consider Nia Long for replacing Dash. I saw G U and M G and that would just be WACK!!!!

50. Cheryl says:

We got to have a replacement for Stacy, let’s give Robinne Lee or Gabrielle Union a chance, she can do it.

51. damien moody says:

i really didn’t like stacy dash charcter anyway, but i think eva marcille can take her place. just say valerie got caught up in some love affair and if you put eva on the show, name her jade and make her val’s friend oor a family relative.

52. cryonix says:

I guess I won’t be watching anymore… Stacey was one of the main draws for me to the show, and guess this means an end to the boutique and all of it’s staff… what a shame…

53. paula says:

MANNN dash was the life of the party … ughh this sucks

54. lajada says:

Stacy was the best in the show im not watching anymore!!!!