The T.O. Show – Episode 4 – Good Vibrations

“I was cool with showing John Salley my vibrator, but there was no way in hell that I would ever introduce Ted to Terrell.” Thus begins The T.O. Show‘s version of a letter to the Penthouse Forum.

Kita alluded to her battery-operated boyfriend, Ted, in the previous episode, but we met Ted and his larger, more powerful, multi-pronged brother this week, finally! If there’s one thing I never thought I’d see on basic cable (or premium cable for that matter), it would be John Salley smelling a vibrator, but boy howdy, I will never un-see that now.

The look on T.O.‘s face when John Salley busts out Kita’s other vibrator which he somehow found in her bedroom (I won’t even ask how or why or when or anything) is pretty priceless.

The fact of the matter is that John Salley was not just in town to make Kita’s life an embarrassing hell for one night, he was actually there for two reasons, one, to give T.O. advice on how to diversify his career options, a.k.a. tell him the best ways to make millions of dollars by capitalizing on your name. (If only it was that easy, right? I mean, I guess it is if you’re a famous athlete. Why didn’t I try harder at field hockey tryouts, dammit??)

Reason number two for John being in town is that he is hosting a bikini contest which T.O. is helping to judge and which Kita is secretly participating in. Girlfriend looks pretty good, and she actually wins.

Mo and T.O. don’t let Kita’s moment of glory last very long though, because she’s about to get an unexpected visit from Joe, her married ex-boyfriend who broke her heart. T.O. knew Joe was coming and must have thought it would be a pleasant surprise for Kita to see her lost love, but…wait, is Joe still married? What’s going on here? As much as T.O. and Mo explain that they want Kita to be happy and Joe loves her, I’m going to side with Kita and say that they probably shouldn’t have stuck their noses in her business (ugh, flashback to John Sally! NONONO!).

Kita sends Joe, who flew cross-country to see her, away and Joe sadly tells her he loves her. He looks so sad, that Joe.

Like any smart woman who values herself (sorry, I don’t mean to be self-helpy but it’s TRUE), she is not ready to forgive Joe or forget his marital status or jump back into a relationship with him. When Kita tells T.O. he shouldn’t have butted in to her business, he tells her “You outta be grateful somebody’s trying to love your little ass.”
Oh s—.

(Meanwhile, you know that if Kita gave that hand to Tami on Basketball Wives, she would have gotten popped.) But even though we are in Miami, that’s not how these guys roll, so Kita takes off. Probably to let off steam with Ted.

1. rina says:

That married man needs to leave Kita alone she anit noe home wrecker. she dont want to have any thing to do with him. He needs to put it on paper that he is separated from his wife. And then that anit even good enough. He should be divorced, why are u separated do u have plans to get back with ur wife? This guy cant be trusted if he lied and cheated once he will do it again. I cant belive her so called friends are forcing her to talk to this devil- married man. She can do better and she deserves better

2. Candace says:

I think Kita should give Joe another chance. Yes, it’s true, time heals, BUT what did you do in that time to help the healing process?

3. Dani says:

I am truly glad that there are still some black females who won’t settle for anything just to have a man. Kita is more than right and I can respect a sister who understands if he lied about the most important status you can have, what is going to keep him from lying about something else. In spite of all that, forgiving is not allowing someone the opportunity to push their faults into your situation or their way back into your life. Healing is getting over what hurt you, and being careful not to allow the same thing to happen again. Kita, date and enjoy dating. When it’s time, just like milliions of other women who have been found by a man they trust and adore….the same will happen for you. Mr. Owens judging by the Ms. White who walked away from you, you should understand that when a woman has had enough, she’s had enough; and women are more than capable of knowing and respecting their “had enough” point!

4. sonia says:

I think Kita is donig her thing and who fault her for that when you fall in love with someone then you find out thier married. If he love her so much way haven’t he sign the papers . do’nt be know one side kick. Keep loveing your self and stand for what you wont for a man take notthink less .Be the woman you are a Woman of God so go get the man he has for you.

5. MzCrus says:

WOW! As your show was airing…probably a rebroadcast….I found a program hosted by Tavis Smiley on the state of at-risk young black boys. In comparison your show became less entertaining. A smh event. I wish there was something redeeming about your show. Fast forward your life and make better choices or at least, better TV.

6. Kery says:

I love Kita. She is a woman like me that stands by her morals and values. Alot of women fear that standing firm to your beliefs will lead to loneliness and possibly no man/husband, and often times it does, but It is well worth it when you have to look yourself in the mirror. I think Joe cares for Kita, but he needs to divorce and give her time. I like MO, and TO. Wish them all the best.