Monday may have been Legacy Night on NBC’s late shows, with country legend Glen Campbell celebrating his 100th birthday on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno and the influential psych-pop Zombies playing Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, but yesterday was another story entirely. Much-buzzed indie-rockers Girls played Fallon, and Cobra Starship led the night with an on-point rendition of the trancey single, featuring Sabi, that they also performed during the 2011 VMAs pre-show. The project of Midtown frontman Gabe Saporta, Cobra Starship once seemed an ironic joke that wasn’t quite funny (thanks in part to an inauspicious Snakes On A Plane tie-in of a debut single). In the ensuing years, though—not least last night—the band has more than made clear how serious they are, and actually have been pretty forward-thinking in the process. Fun, not funny. Got it, Cobra Starship.
VH1 ON FACEBOOK
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- Draya’s Separate From The Basketball Wives LA Reunion | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- The OMG Girlz Are All Grown Up On T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- That’s The Way They All They Became The Hustle Bunch! | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- Guess the VH1 Celebrity Tattoo | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- Ceaser Throws Sky A Birthday Party | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog