Basketball Wife Jackie Christie Loses Her Mother To Cancer

On this season of Basketball Wives L.A., star Jackie Christie has opened up, at times emotionally, about her mother’s battle with cancer, and today we sadly bear the news that Jackie’s mother, Cora, passed away.

In an interview this morning with radio host Tom Joyner, Christie announced her mother’s passing which happened only hours earlier. “She’s had a long fight with [cancer] and I know she’s in a better place, it was her time,” Christie said on the radio show.

Tonight on Basketball Wives L.A., Cora’s presence at Jackie and Doug’s wedding is a huge, emotional part of the episode, and Jackie said today that of all the many weddings she and Doug have planned, “That would be my special wedding out of the sixteen that we’ve had.” Check out a clip from tonight’s episode here, and tune in to watch the special moment that the Christie’s shared, which is made all the more poignant with this news. Our hearts go out to the entire Christie family today.

1. Valaree Williams Walker says:

My sincere condolences and prayers to the Jackie Christie’s’ family. May God comfort you during this time.

2. eva williamson says:

I just want to say that I was just about to post on here about how beautiful your mother was and how she reminded me so much of my big momma and her name was also Cora,I am so sorry for your families loss but as you know she is in a better place,be blessed and may God bless and strenghten your family.

3. andrew leonard dumas says:

I like to give my condolences to jackie and the chistie family…..may god see you all thru this sad time….

4. Heather says:

This is, indeed, sad news. I saw the episode of her mother this evening and it was very touching to see her mother suffering. My prayers go out to this beautiful woman’s family.

5. Earrie Edwards says:

Im sorry about the passing of your mother, My mother has cancer also and it’s been five years. Im also glad that she got to see you on your wedding Day.

6. Tracy says:

I would send my condolences to the Jackie and her family on the loss on her mother. I lost my mother in June so I know how Jackie and the family feel, I want to share with them that everyday its going to get better. And just have faith in god…

7. JENNIFER21 says:

IM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT UR MOM YOU AND UR FAM WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS** GOD ALWAYS HAS A PLANE I ALSO WATCHED FIRST HAND WHAT PAIN CANCER CAN BRING IM 21 WITH NO FAM B/C OF CANCER YOUR MOM IS IN AWAY BETTER PLACE I COULD SEE SHE WENT HOME HAPPY KNOWING SHE RAISED HER LIL
    GIRL TO BECOME A GREAT WOMEN LIKE YOU

8. Grownnsexy says:

My condolences goes out to the family for their loss.I didn’t know Ms.Cora passed away.I really feel as though Jackie should have not been on this show and her mother was dying with cancer.Instead of being in everybody’s mess,she should have been with her mother.hat was so much time lost that she should have been by her side.