Exclusive Update: Basketball Wives L.A. Producers Respond To Kimsha Artest’s Disappearance From The Show

The fact that Kimsha Artest appeared on two episodes of Basketball Wives L.A. and then seemed to have disappeared has not gone unnoticed by fans of the show. Last week, we even reported about some fake drama that the internet seemed to create between Shaunie O’Neal and Artest after a phony Facebook account for Artest was created, and the author wrote angry posts directed at Shaunie for being edited out of the show. O’Neal denied there was drama, saying she’s never even met Artest, and now we have the straight dope from the Basketball Wives producers themselves on what happened to Artest. Here you have it, the final word:

“When Kimsha Artest signed on to be in ‘Basketball Wives: LA,’ we were very excited to have her onboard. That is why we were confused and disheartened when after a limited number of days shooting she stopped showing up for filming. This is the sole and only reason Kimsha has not appeared on more episodes of the series. Her minimal coverage on the show was entirely her decision and not that of Shed Media, VH1 or Executive Producer Shaunie O’Neal.‘Basketball Wives: LA’ continues to be a ratings success for VH1 every Monday night.”

1. leslie says:

i think that this show is horrible. please do not sign them up for another season.

2. Chris says:

Im kinda upset that Kimsha stopped appearing on the show, i really liked her. If there is a season 2, i hope she decides to come back. And give the show another try

3. Sy says:

If Draya was not on this show, it would be as dry as stale white bread. Who are these chicks? A bunch of women who had babies by some ballers. Why do they think it is o.k. to pass judgement on someone else. I think it is b/c their SHH is still in the closet. They so focused on Draya to mask their personal issues or the lack of an exciting life.
    Get your mind right, do you and stop focusing on what someone else is doing. If you aren’t helping then SHUT UP! Do you feel you are doing the world a favor by tearing someone down? Grow up and stop acting so junior high.

4. easye says:

This is in reference to the treatment of Draya. While she may have had a past that is NOT pleasing, we all have been there before. NONE of those ladies have the right to always confront and judge Draya. Laura, has the nerve to read a blog and then talk trash to Draya after all the blogs about her and a married man. Gloria, has no right to talk about anybody after she and Matt whipped each other’s a%@ on Basketball Wives. Jackie, plays both sides of the fence,she has some nerve to confront Draya after being married 3xs prior to this marriage. Imani, she is a different beast in itself. I do not like her she is phony in every sense of the word. If I was Draya I would tell them all off and if they do not want me in their circle then so be it.

5. MsYO says:

On the episode when the other women laid into Draya, I was horrified. Y’all let those self righteious b* claw at her like she was a mouse let go in a cage full of cats. Jackie being the self proclaimed ring leader makes me want to never have women as friends ever again. Read the comments on the internet people & take the damn show off the air. Y’all can’t be that hard up for money that you would let this show go on. Those woman, and I use the term woman very loosly are nothing more than unsecure heffers. I hate what y’all let happen to Draya on that show. He past is just that in the past and it should have stayed there. Everyone is not perfect & y’all humilated her (Draya) just for ratings. I gotta go throw up now, my stomach hurts.

6. Lesha Coleman says:

The show in it totality lacks class. It is all about casting judgement on the weakest link of the circle. Who are they to ever think they are better or God over Draya; she should be me and tell them all to go jump off a building without a parachute and die. Laura is a cheater with three kids and no marriage; Gloria man won’t marry her; Imani fake a.. need to start dating and quit asking her kids about dating; Jackie — have another wedding to take sometime up; Malaysia – I actually like her cause she treats them with a long handle spoon most times. The show sucks especially cause the real Kimsha didn’t get the chance to show ladies how to be ladies and drama free. Please cancel show NOW.

7. tigertev2002 says:

Kimsha Artest does not have time to be phony and I am sure she was very happy not to attend any other episodes. I really hope this is the first and only show. This show is very tacky

8. Tyrone says:

Artest came off as totally ignorant and ghetto……..stay alway the show has enough