Hot on the heels of “Countdown”—which we’re still watching plenty—Beyoncé premiered a video for “Love On Top” earlier this week. As teased, the video begins with an homage to Brook Payne’s iconic New Edition choreography, but that’s only the half of it (literally). The video edit drops a verse from the song so that the video’s back end is devoted to the four key-change chorus repetitions. For these, she and her back-up dancers doll up in a series of era-evoking costumes, though the costumer must have made some sort of mistake, because they always end up short one dress shirt. Not to worry, though: Beyoncé takes one for the team every time. “Love On Top” may be miles apart from “Countdown,” but it’s no less the jam, and we’ve got no complaints about the video either.
VH1 ON FACEBOOK
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- Sneak Peek: Rasheeda Breaks The Pregnancy News To Kirk – | VH1 Blog
- I'm Married To A... Cougar Couple Talks Breaking Stereotypes | VH1 Blog
- The Top 34 Moments That Shaped Kanye West (Also: Happy Birthday, Yeezy!) – | VH1 Blog
- Kirk Frost And Bambi From Basketball Wives LA Party Together | VH1 Blog
- You’re Cut Off! 2 – Where Are They Now? – | VH1 Blog