Hot on the heels of “Countdown”—which we’re still watching plenty—Beyoncé premiered a video for “Love On Top” earlier this week. As teased, the video begins with an homage to Brook Payne’s iconic New Edition choreography, but that’s only the half of it (literally). The video edit drops a verse from the song so that the video’s back end is devoted to the four key-change chorus repetitions. For these, she and her back-up dancers doll up in a series of era-evoking costumes, though the costumer must have made some sort of mistake, because they always end up short one dress shirt. Not to worry, though: Beyoncé takes one for the team every time. “Love On Top” may be miles apart from “Countdown,” but it’s no less the jam, and we’ve got no complaints about the video either.
VH1 ON FACEBOOK
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- Mob Wives Sneak Peek: More Wire Tap Drama | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- Letoya Luckett Talks Single Ladies Season 3 | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- Single Ladies Cast Visits Arsenio | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- Amina's New Album Drops Today | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- VH1 Stars: Naughty And Nice In 2013 | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog