Ramona Rizzo Added To The Cast Of Mob Wives

Ramona Rizzo better prepare herself, because she’s about to become a household name. The granddaughter of Benjamin “Lefty Guns” Ruggiero has just signed on to be a castmember on the second season of Mob Wives. Rizzo, who is a childhood friend of Karen Gravano, will make her debut on the January 1 premiere of the show. The New York Post reports that Rizzo was incredibly close with her grandfather, who was portrayed in the film Donnie Brasco, by Al Pacino. Mob Wives executive producer Jenn Graziano says “Her grandfather is the one person — aside from her father — who’s probably Ramona’s biggest hero…When they were making ['Donnie Brasco'] — and this is Ramona’s personality to a T — she went to the set, called Pacino out of his trailer and said: ‘I understand you’re playing my grandfather. You’ve got a job to do. You need to play him right. This is what he was, and this is what he wasn’t.’”

Graziano also describes the relationship between Gravano and Rizzo, saying “Karen and Ramona grew up together, did their first Communion together and slept over each other’s houses. They’re really close and call each other ‘cousins.’ They’re probably tighter than real blood cousins, but they’re not related.” Get to know Ramona even better by following her on Twitter (@RamonaRizzo888), and make sure you tune in to the season premiere of Mob Wives on January 1, 2012.

[Photo: VH1]

1. Toni says:

I can’t wait to see Mobwives. I like the show and the women, they’re awesome.

2. SKINNYMAMA says:

I watched last night’s episode and was disgusted by Ramona telling her children she was in jail and that her bf is in jail all while the cameras were rolling. All children need to worry about is being children. I feel sorry for these kids. Really stupid.

3. Melissa says:

Why did they add Ramona to the the show? She’s not even a Mob Wife. Her grandfather was in the mob. Seriously, they added her for drama only and waste way too much time on her. The four girls were all we needed. The show was much better without her. She needs to go.

4. krenzny says:

I have been changing the channel when ramona is featured on the show. She disgusts me. She is a complete phony! She is pure trouble. I know vh1 wants to see women fight and keep the trouble going, but that skank is a true embarasment. She is so proud of the murderers and gansters in her family, always talking how she is going to stab, cut and kill someone, Please. If VH1 really wants to show some trouble, give Drita five minutes with Ramona and then Karen, so she can beat the snot out of both of them.

5. Tess says:

Karen needed back up with Drita and so here is ramona. What purpose does she pose for this show other than to provoke hostility and and latch on to karens potential star? She is manipulative and calculating by nature; I wish she had not been added to the show.

6. LoveMobWives says:

Ramona is so jealous of Drita and does not want Karen and Drita to be friends again. Why is she on the show again? I hope Drita kicks Ramona’s ass at the reunion. One punch and Ramona will be on the ground.

7. Frank says:

Drita, I love you. I think that you are the most realistic and honest person on the show. You never seem to play games (like others, despite what they say) and your emotions are sincere. When you shed a tear, it is 100% honest. For anyone to call you bi-polar or crazy is just insane. It’s obvious that they have the problem. Not you. I always thought that you and Karen could work things out to some level, as long as you didn’t have the interloper chiming in.
    Renee, Carla and Bing Ang, I LOVE YOU!!!
    Ramona, get a life. There is not one thing interesting about you. Your hatred of Drita is ridiculous. If there was a popularity poll between the two of you, you would be the sorry loser..

8. Mica says:

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR RAMONA ON THIS SHOW!!!!!!! She is so transparent. She needs to be let go. She doesn’t even have a real story line. I don’t like Carla either, but I can at least stomach her for a few minutes. I absolutely heart heart heart Drita and Renee!