VH1 Is About To Spend Some Time In Couples Therapy

VH1 is no stranger to helping celebrities get back on their feet after public battles with substance abuse, and next year, we’re about to take celebrity self-help to another level with the new show Couples Therapy. On the new one-hour series, we’ll get a close look at the toll that fame takes on a high-profile relationship. The show will feature VH1 favorite Linda Hogan and her current beau Charlie Hill, rapper DMX and his wife Tashera Simmons, Next Food Network Star star Chris Nirschel and girlfriend Angelina Pivarnick, Bachelor Pad contestants Kasey Kahl and Vienna Girardi, and A-List New Yorkers Reichen Lehmkuhl and Rodiney Santiago. It will be hosted by noted therapist Dr. Jenn Berman. For more about the show, which will debut next spring, read on.

VH1 SEEKS RELATIONSHIP COUNSELING WITH “COUPLES THERAPY” (WT)

Taking A Seat On The Therapist Couch Will Be DMX and Tashera Simmons,
Linda Hogan and Charlie Hill, Chris Nirschel and Angelina Pivarnick,
Kasey Kahl and Vienna Girardi and Reichen Lehmkuhl and Rodiney Santiago

Dr. Jenn Berman Will Serve as Therapist and Host for the Series

LOS ANGELES, CA – December 16, 2011 – Relationships are hard enough, but imagine the pressure of having your hook ups, “bumps” on the relationship road and breakups as fodder for the tabloids. More and more it seems, couples whose matters of the heart play out in the public eye are calling it quits and throwing in the towel on their relationships. Why is it so tough for these couples to stay together? Looking to shed light on the issue, VH1 will examine the complicated and often misunderstood world of high-profile relationships with “Couples Therapy” (WT). DMX (Rapper) and Tashera Simmons, Linda Hogan (“Hogan Knows Best”) and Charlie Hill, Chris Nirschel (“The Next Food Network Star”) and Angelina Pivarnick (“Jersey Shore”), Kasey Kahl (“Bachelorette”) and Vienna Girardi (“The Bachelor”) and Reichen Lehmkuhl & Rodiney Santiago (“The A-List: New York”) will all take a seat on Dr Jenn Berman’s couch. “Couples Therapy” is set to premiere with 8, one hour episodes in the spring of 2012 on VH1.

From the producers of “Celebrity Rehab with Dr Drew,” “Couples Therapy” is the first reality show to examine firsthand the real life experiences of a group of buzzed-about couples. For some of these couples, living under constant scrutiny from the media and fans makes it increasingly hard for them to stay together and VH1 wants to see why they can’t seem to go the distance. These five couples at a crossroads in their relationships will join together for 21 days as they undergo intensive relationship therapy. Under the guidance of Dr. Jenn Berman, a nationally renowned relationship therapist, the couples will participate in group and individual therapy along with relationship exercises out in the “real world” to see if they can rekindle the love they used to have for one another — or if it’s simply time for them to move on.

Dr. Jenn Berman, a well known psychotherapist; columnist, author, speaker, radio host, and psychological expert will be the relationship therapist for the couples. Dr. Jenn is the host of the popular call-in advice program “The Love and Sex Show with Dr. Jenn” on Cosmo Radio which is heard on Sirius XM nightly. She is the author of three best selling books including SuperBaby: 12 Ways to Give Your Child a Head Start in the First 3 Years. People come to see her in her private practice for a variety of reasons, such as: relationship issues, parenting, eating disorders, substance abuse, depression, anxiety, self-esteem, trauma, and sexual abuse. She also works with performers and entertainment professionals dealing with creativity and performance issues and does consulting with a number of related organizations including The Actors Fund and A Minor Consideration.

“Couples Therapy” is produced by Irwin Entertainment. Executive producing for Irwin Entertainment are John Irwin, Damian Sullivan, Joel Rodgers and Rob Buchta. Jill Holmes, Tom Huffman and Jeff Olde serve as Executive Producers for VH1.

[Photos: Getty Images]

1. Anne Jean-Pierre says:

I wouldn’t watch this show specifically because it has Linda Hogan on it. It makes me sick to see what she did to her family, and what she continues to do to her own children. She is the most important person in her life, and when you’re a mom, that can not be the case.

2. Lynette says:

I can’t stand what Linda did to her first husband. Why didn’t she try to work things out with him? I guess there wasn’t a show for her to make money off of then. If so, maybe they would still be together!

3. Marie says:

LOL! Rodney and Reichen on Couples Threapy what a joke! They broke up on the A-List New York. They are the fillers on this show if you ask me,and they ended as friends anyway on the A-List. Boy! what some people will do in order to be famous is beyond me. So Linda is on here with her boy toy what a mess. Linda, needs to stop because this dude will want babies and she is beyond the age for child bearing.Linda and this guy are going to break up and there is nothing more! This show will get cancelled!

4. RACHELLE MARIE GOODWIN says:

DMX IS A TRIP HE’S THE ONLY REASON IM WATCHING …WILL SEE

5. GILBERTO CORTES says:

dmx I know you have a heart you have a mother don’t you treat the mother of you kids the way you would you mother GODBLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AMEN

6. Sharon says:

This is a great show and very helpful for anyone concerning relationships.
    I would like to continue to watch it. Until…. you announced that you were bringing in a gay couple. I don’t consider that a ‘real relationship.’ It is a perversion. I won’t be watching the show any more.

7. TRENAE says:

I JUST LOVE VIENNA AND KASEY I HOPE THEY GET BACK TOGETHER AND DMX IS JUST HILARIOUS I LOVE THE SHOW THE TWO GAY GUYS I FEEL LIKE THEY THERE TO DRAW IN THE GUY AUDIENCES PLAIN AND SIMPLE BUT I LOVE THEM AS WELL!!!!!! DEFINITELY GOING TO BE TUNED IN TO EVERY EPISODE!!!!!!

8. Pamela says:

Love, Love, Love what you did for Kasey . You were amazing Jenn more therapists need to take note of the compassion and pure emotion you showed and shared w/ Kasey!!!!! Major kuddos to you Jenn! As for Vienna, Kasey’s apology wasn’t enough for her, wasn’t a breakthrough for her, she didn’t get anything out of it??? the selfish, drama queen, play the victim act… She needs to grow up and get real w/ herself before she loses the man who could love her the best! If she stays iike this Kasey needs to move on and find his true love instead of wasting it on her!!!

9. sherrelle johnson says:

Linda Hogam looks ridiculous with this youngster. The only reason she is hanging on to him, is to upset Hulk. Her boyfriend is too young, and he will leave her one day, and humiliate her, and it’s amazing that she doesn’t see t hat.

10. clyde says:

I need HELP my girlfriend is back on the streets doing drugs. She is a GOOD person but I can not take it anymore I would like to know if I have lost her or is there hope

11. suzanne says:

BROKE MY HEART

12. BRENDA says:

Coples theraphy was really deep it made me cry for the 14 year old boy they need to put some of the youth that bullied this child in a booth camp. This 14 year old is brave and wonderful and “GOD “continue to guide him and give him the courage to change the things he could.

DMX a great actor and singer I love his voice and movie Craddel to the Grave with Gabriel Union. hurry up DMX your fans we miss you get better with “GOD” all things are possible and you are here for a loving reason. Need to see you on the big screen.
    Who would of thought that your child hood Issues and memories was so harsh and ugly.
    What a Mother? sometimes your choices in life comes back to bite you and this is what is happening with your mom; also we don’t know her suitation back then just may be she was on drugs or was forced to give her children up for them to have a better life; what ever the reason she should let him know that she loves him and he should forgive her; he has a beautiful wife and children who loves him and together they all could be much happier now. God is good and great all the time. TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME. BLESSINGS.

13. beth says:

Wow really!? Whoever posted they stopped watching becuz a gay couple is on there, let me just say, your an idiot and its people like u that have made this world the awful place that it is today. U disgust me and your such an ignorant person, u should be ashamed of yourself. Maybe if u had to go thru the torment and suffering gay people go thru u might have a change of heart. U make me sick.

14. margaret says:

Beth , I know there is a gaycouple on there so is linda hogan and dmx, they all have issues that is why they are there., my daughter has auism and I am raising her my self . .I do not judge anyone’s life,. the gay couple if they truly love one another like the rest of of the couples will find a way to be together and I wish them all the best,.mm

15. ,MARGRET says:

SHARON I THINK YOU ARE WRONG WE ALL IN LIFE DESERVE TO BE LOVED NO MATTER WHAT,. BETH I DO NOT AGREE WITH SHARON AT ALL BUT HATRED JUST BRINGS ABOUT MORE HATE,.MM

16. MARGARET says:

DONOTKNOW WHAT LINDA AND CHARLIE HAVE IN COMMON, HER EX IS BETTER OFF AND FAMILY IF THATIS THEWAY SHE TRULY FEELS, SAD SITUATION ALL AROUND,.MM

17. You no I love DMX I have always love his music,but in the same note I really feel so sorry for him. The only real woman that loves him is right in front of him ,his wife who is his support system.i am so glad that he came on this show,because of his past will his mom he took all his angry out on his prize gift his living wife who has be will him thru jail,drug,and everything else as a mother of six my heart really goes out to him and jhis problems I really wish him the best in life. Keep your head up,DMX

18. margaret says:

the little bit I saw tonight , it looks like vienna should be alone, her pitting two guys against each other is awful, she is not ready for love , both guys are clearly going to be better off without her..She is very selfish, no one that selfish can have a healthy reltionship. that requires give and tak and copromise and honesty and integrety, which she shows time and again she does not have,Kasey let her go and find someone who finds you remarkable for who you are. If you have have to change for someone that’s not love,.margaret morales

19. melanie says:

Vienna needs to go….even though Kasey gets emotional overload..Vienna has been untrue not only to herself but to others and needs to face the fact that as long as she feels something for someone else she is not giving her all to any other relationship and she needs to stop blaming Kasey for his to reactions when he is living a lie from her

20. Dr. Jenn,
    Thank you for bringing in a gay couple. You do so much good in the world!
    Dr. Harriet Lerner

21. margaret says:

vienna ., lets see if she makes it the one year dr. jenn recommned no dating. who wants to take bets,. the gus are beter off she is very selfish,. the rest of te couples it is yet to be seen what happens, wish them well,. ., linda hogan and charlie work because linda is emotionally immature,.mm