R.I.P. Whitney Houston

Like almost everyone else, we were shocked and saddened to hear the news that Whitney Houston passed away today at the age of 48. TMZ reports that Houston’s body was discovered in her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel this afternoon, and the cause of death has not yet been determined.

Her death has devastated the entertainment world (and the regular world, too) and though her life had been troubled at times, she left a legacy behind that affected countless people. Here’s a little snippet of that legacy, in the form of Houston’s performance from the 1999 VH1 DIVAS show. Our hearts go out to her daughter, Bobbi Kristina, and the rest of her family. She is gone but never, ever forgotten.

1. keywonda says:

Whitney Houston will always be remembered for her great talents. There is noone in the industry now that can sound as great as she did. Everyone wants to bring up her personal problems during a time like this . I think that its rediculous. Everyone has a past or something they regret doing in life. Theyre just not talking about or its not in the public eye. So just remeber for all the good she she had in life and let her rest in peace ( thats what that mean remembering the good things people done in life) Whitney your gone but not forgotten rest in peace and love goes out to her daughter and family members.

2. jennifer burgess says:

wow! this was really a shock 2 me i have always been a big fan of whitneys as a child growing up i used 2 dress up and put on whitneys music and stand in the mirror and pretended 2 be her there wasnt a song that she didnt sing that i didnt enjoy she was even with me through my teenage years i just wanna say gods will is gods will we all have a day when we are gonna leave this world and noone knows what day or time when god is gonna come 2 carry us home so be good 2 everyone and love everyone as yourself u cant go 2 heaven holding a grudge tell that someone special how u feel about how u feel apologize 2 the one you hurt today because tomorrow is not promised 2 anyone here today gone tomorrow she will always be in my heart gone but not forgotten rest in peace

3. jackie harrdeman says:

i am so sorry about whitney she was one of my favorite singers she will truly be missed and bobbi kristine hang in there and remember all the good times you and your mother had,remember all the lessons she taught you.may god keep you and guide you.bless you jhardeman from detroit michigan,i now live in albany ga.

4. Rick Roberts says:

Iam very sorry to hear of your passing the world will miss your beauty and beautiful voice I WISH THE BAD NEVER CAME YOUR WAY BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS GAVE GOOD IN YOUR MUSIC THAT CAME FROM THE HEART AND SOUL. IF ANGLES COULD SING THEY WOULD SOUND LIKE YOU . GOD BLESS YOU WHITNEY.

5. William Wood Ii says:

First of all, let me say that I am totally disappointed in VH1! After what Whitney has contributed to music, you only relegate 30 minutes a day for mourners to remember her in her prime (music videos)! Yet, you continue programming for the shows you are pushing down the public’s throats! Who cares about Mob Wives, Basketball Wives, Love and Hip Hop! You’re supposed to be a MUSIC station, but you seem to have prostituted yourselves out!

I have been a Whitney fan from the start, and I am still reeling from this loss! You were my last hope for comfort, and you dropped the ball!!! Shame on you!

6. kathy says:

I read in a magazine yesterday that she tried to take her life 2 days before she died. Do it’s suspected it was a suicide. I don’t know.