All this week, the VH1 Blog will be giving away five signed copies of Mob Wives cast member Karen Gravano’s memoir Mob Daughter. Starting today, we’ll be publishing one trivia question per day all this week. All you have to do is simply send the correct answer along with the information outlined below to MobWivesGiveaway@Vh1.com, and and the winner, who will be chosen at random, receives a signed copy of the book which comes out tomorrow, February 14.
Today’s question: In our post-reunion interview with Karen on the VH1 blog, who did she say she’d like to play her in the movie of her life? (Not sure? Check this link for a hint.)
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The VH1 Blog “‘Mob Daughter’ Book Giveaway” (the “Promotion”) commences at 11:00:01 AM (ET) on Monday, February 13, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on Friday, February 17, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion is comprised of individual giveaways over the course of a five (5) day period which will take place during the Promotion Period. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on Friday February 17, 2012.
3. Eligibility: This Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (“VMN” or “Sponsor”), and its affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter Promotion. By participating in this Promotion, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by VMN, and by the decisions of VMN, which are final in all matters relating to the Promotion; (b) release and hold harmless Released Parties and its respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Promotion and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
As a condition of entering the Promotion, Prize Winner gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his/her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Promotion, and to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Any information Entrants provide to Sponsor may be used to communicate with Entrant in relation to this Promotion or on a Promotion Winner’s list.
In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to participate in this Promotion at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the Entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries become the property of VMN and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter referred to as the “Eligible Entries.” The odds of winning the Promotion depend on the number of Eligible Entries received. Limit one (1) entry per Entrant per day.
5. Prize Winner Selection/Notification: There will be five (5) prize winners (each a “Prize Winner”) randomly selected on or around February 20, 2012 from among all of the Eligible Entries received. VMN will make up to one (1) attempt over the twenty four (24) hour period following the Prize Winner selection to contact each potential Prize Winner via the email address provided on his/her entry form. If any potential Prize Winner cannot be reached during the twenty four (24) hour notification period, such potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received during the applicable Promotion Period, if time permits.
6. Prize Winner Verification: Each potential Prize Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Prize Winner. In the event of non- compliance by any potential Prize Winner, such potential Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received in VMN’s sole discretion. Each Prize Winner must sign within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from VMN: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of the Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Promotion or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Prize or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Prizes; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting the Released Parties the right to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Entry into this Promotion constitutes agreement to sign such releases. Each Prize Winner also must acknowledge that the Released Parties have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that each Prize Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. Each Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by VMN (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by VMN or Prize Winner may forfeit the Prize at VMN’s sole discretion. All decisions of VMN relating to this Promotion are final. VMN expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of any Prize Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason VMN deems necessary.
7. Prize: Each Prize Winner will receive a signed copy of Karen Gravano’s memoir “Mob Daughter” with an approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of $24.99 (the “Prize”).
The dates for fulfillment of the Prize will be within approximately three weeks of selection/verification of Prize Winner, subject to change in VMN’s sole discretion. The total approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of all prizes to be awarded in this Promotion is $124.95 but is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment. The difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. All details related to the Prize not specified in these Official Rules shall be determined by VMN in its sole discretion. VMN reserves the right not to award the Prize if it determines, in its sole discretion, that an insufficient number of Eligible Entries were received during the Promotion Period.
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prize will be made by VMN or a third party on VMN’s behalf. The value of the Prize may be taxable to Prize Winner as income. Prize Winner must supply VMN with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099s may be issued in the name of Prize Winner for the actual value of the Prize received. Upon entry into this Promotion, Prize Winner (as well as all other online Entrants) are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Prize Winner’s responsibility. The Released Parties shall have no responsibility or obligation to any Prize Winner or potential Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prize as described herein.
No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prize or any portion thereof permitted, except by VMN, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY ANY PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR THE RELEASED PARTIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN THE RELEASED PARTIES’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER OF THE PROMOTION AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Released Parties assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Promotion. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Promotion, errors in processing entries, identifying any Prize Winner or in the announcement of any Prize and/or Prize Winner. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in VMN’s on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, VMN reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Blog during the Promotion Period and the Prize may be awarded to a Prize Winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and, or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by VMN. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by VMN are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. VMN reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find (a) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entry, (b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Promotion, (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RELEASED PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THIS PROMOTION AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THIS PROMOTION. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from this Promotion, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties, and hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize.
10. Request for Name(s) of Prize Winner(s) and/or Official Rules: For the name(s) of Prize Winner(s) and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and/or for the name(s) of Prize Winner(s) must be made by April 20, 2012. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the name(s) of the “Prize Winner”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
11. Sponsor: This Promotion is sponsored by Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.