Royce Reed Recaps Episode One Of Basketball Wives Season Four: “Do You, Boo Boo”

It’s time once again to welcome Royce Reed back to the blog so she can tell it like it is. For the past two seasons of Basketball Wives, Royce has recapped every episode, all the highs and lows, and given us her completely honest and unfiltered opinion. We’re thrilled to have her back for season four.

OK HERE WE GO!!! AGAIN, THIS IS MY BLOG AND I SAY WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT AND HOW I WANT. IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT DON’T READ IT.
Welcome back to…ummm…I don’t even know how to describe it anymore.

It’s Season Four and a lot has happened in the past almost 2 1/2 years you viewers have watched our lives. We have all grown by age, but not necessarily in maturity. Lets be blunt, sometimes watching yourself on TV causes you to cringe and say “Why did I do that?” At least I do. Others I believe may actually think it’s cool. That’s fine though, it makes for a highly rated show so like they say, “Do you, boo boo.”

This whole episode was eating and drinking…do we EVER do anything else? Let’s catch up, let’s meet, let’s talk about the past, make a toast, take a shot and call it a mofo day or night. But I guess we had to recap the viewers on where everything stands before the bottle tossing and bitch slaps, so I digress.

Evelyn is getting married y’all. Yeah, I said it. I’ll admit I thought it was a publationship (that’s a relationship for publicity) but I seriously doubt anyone would get married solely for attention…especially after calling me out about having a blog, a twitter account, etc. when she now has more followers than all of us, tweets that ruin friendships, and a new blog…I’m just saying. I hope she doesn’t eat her words, because I will be serving up a lot of sh*t if I find out it’s fake. With that said, I’ll leave that notion alone and say that I do now believe the relationship is real. As far as not having bridesmaids, to each their own. A plus for that is no one gets their feelings hurt when they aren’t a “chosen one.” However, when I get married, trust I’m having a huge wedding with an intro like Coming To America and every bridesmaid will be in shape or in bootcamp because I will not have ANY ALTERNATE DRESSES walking down the aisle standing next to me. Yes, I’m serious. I’ll just let them be the guestbook attendant…Moving on.

Suzie and Jenn. Seriously? Okay, first of all let’s call a spade a spade. You all are close right now by default. Suzie, you have run your mouth repeatedly and now you wonder why I’m not speaking to you? I said hello when you texted me. I also let you know you were full of sh*t. Everyone saw how pressed you were to become friends with people who could care less and I still had your back. But first time shame on you, second time shame on me. Third time…won’t be a third time… Jenn, sweetie, how are you calling someone immature and friendless? “At the end of the day,” I’m free and I go home with my pride, my dignity and REAL FRIENDS.On top of that, last I checked we were in the same boat but I wasn’t shedding tears. I let go of trying to befriend people who didn’t respect me or who were lacking common sense a long time ago. I took the shackles off my feet over a year ago so I can dance…Now Playing: Mary Mary ‘Shackles.’

Kesha is a breath of fresh air. She doesn’t look white to me and I like her southern accent. Suzie and her “She doesn’t look like a Kesha and she sounds like a redneck hillbilly” comment is ignorant as HAYELL! Yes I said HAYELL! But what do we expect from someone giving blow job lessons in a crowded restaurant. I still have love for Suzie but she knows better especially when people have commented on her race. Suzie, reality check… you DON’T look Asian even though you are. Anyways, most of us have heard Kesha’s story through the internet or on other news outlets but hearing it come from the horse’s mouth brings more truth than rumors. Funny how that works…fighting a beast when you’re an ant is hard. I’ve been there, done that, still doing it. Truth eventually comes out no matter how big no matter how small. *MeSsAgE*

Tami, Tami, Tami…I love you but you had a messy moment. I understand you trying to get Jenn and Evelyn to speak and trying to see where each of their minds are. BUT that’s not where the problem was. The problem was you going back to Jenn and Suzie about our lunch date with Kesha and Kenya. You call me out when I’m wrong so now I’m calling you out. That was deadass wrong. There was a different way to say how the first impressions went, but it was delivered all types of messy. Imma give you a pass because…hell…I don’t have a reason, I just am. But next time Imma wear full armor and tell it like it is so when I get popped it won’t hurt. Imma still say it though…Anyways, we have concluded Suzie is sex-crazed, Jenn is bougie, and both act real bold and hard around each other but get soft as hell when in an environment that gets uncomfortable. Kenya loves Jenn tho…remember that.

This whole Evelyn and Jenn debacle. All the messages I receive about me laughing behind closed doors or saying I told you so isn’t happening. I don’t LIKE to be right about things like this. I just never felt the friendship was as solid or close and it looked to most viewers. I’ve know these women since summer 2009. I’ve seen a lot, heard a lot, but never vocalized much. It wasn’t my place to tell them “This friendship is the pits!” Just from last season it seemed very one-sided and strained. I’ve never really seen them get deep or support each other fully. It always seemed full of side-eyes and judgments. Ten years or not, time doesn’t constitute the title of “Best Friend.” But,again to each their own. Crocodile tears aside, what I DON’T respect is passing off blogs you didn’t write as your own then retracting them and throwing the true author under the bus when you get backlash from it. Being a writer myself…(College Girls book one out now available on amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com in Kindle, Nook and hard copy form…shameless plug…)

I take great pride in being able to express my opinions on vh1.com each episode for the third season in a row. I have been criticized by many including a few of my castmates and guess what…I don’t give a damn because what does the first sentence of my blog say every week?

OK HERE WE GO! AGAIN THIS IS MY BLOG AND I SAY WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT AND HOW I WANT. IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT DON’T READ IT.

#BOOM You don’t have to like what I say but its my opinion and I stand by everything that comes out my mouth, right or wrong. You may not agree but I’ll be damned if I blame it on someone else. If it has my name on it trust and believe I wrote it, no ghostwriter, no publicist, etc. ME! Period! I’ll take all criticism as long as I have my respect! Peace out!

IT’S ALLSTAR WEEKEND THIS WEEK!
I’LL BE HOSTING AT DRAFT ON THURSDAY NIGHT
I’LL BE OUT ON THE TOWN WITH DJDEMP FRIDAY NIGHT
FANTASHIQUE WILL BE PERFORMING AT TERRACE 390 AT 4PM SATURDAY
FANTASHIQUE WILL BE PERFORMING AT MAJESTIC AT MIDNIGHT SATURDAY
I’LL BE HOSTING AT CHAKRA’S ON SUNDAY NIGHT

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Roycelr
Follow my company Fantashique on Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/Fantashique
Join my Facebook Fanpage:http://www.facebook.com/RoyceReed
Order my book: College Girls on Amazon
[Photos: Royce Reed/Cody Bess]

1. Alicia says:

#POW!.. straight to the point and all of it was REAL facts.

2. Dorothy Walton says:

I love your blog and will read it every week!!!!! Tell it girl!!!

3. shlbro says:

I Like!

4. Alex says:

this was SPOT ON! I used to be a Jenn and Ev fan, until last season. I started to see the real Royce and not the Royce that was portrayed in season 1. I am glad that you called Tami out because she was indeed being super messy and the ladies were wrong for feeding into it. It’s sad because between College Girls, Lucid, Evelyn’s make up, Shaunie’s shoes, Tami’s hair line and non profit, there are so many positive things that could come from the show yet we never see it. We see them talk bad about each other and fight when these women have so much more talent. I loved Keisha and Royce in this episode. Say nothing. There are so many other things to talk about than what the next chick is doing.

5. Tanya says:

I like you, Royce. You have a great head on your shoulders. Please remove yourself from all things “Basketball Wives”. You are too good for it. But if the $$$ is that alluring, you’ll never shine as much as your potential. Please move on. Do you, but I can’t support you anymore until you do.

6. Mimi says:

I missed you Royce! Glad you are back. When does Book 2 drop?

7. Deborah says:

Yay, Royce! So glad you’re back and writing the recaps! Love everything you stand for!! Keep it up.

8. Joy says:

Royce, I love your honesty and I too agree that Jen and Evenlyn friendship is very one sided because when Jen was going through with Eric Evenlyn had so much to say in regards to Jen’s marriage but I bet you Evenlyn did not share the fact that she saw Chad at the restaurant with another woman and how upset she was at that! No way will my soon to be husband will be out with another woman…If he wanted company he could have called her but she know she is not getting any younger so she excepts what he does…Jen just needs be careful who she calls her friend and use her own mind and learn to judge character….Tami maybe should not have said anything to Suzie and Jen about the meeting but one thing I do respect her for being able to back up anything she does or says…Suzie just want to fit in….the other girls I still have to watch them more but so far they ok but that KENYA IS LYING…she do not like bougie….

9. Wanda Moss says:

You hit the nail on the head in your analogy of each situation and/or scenario as it pertains to each person. You have truly evolved and the fact that you are doing you….leave them messy folks to themselves. I wish you the best in your endeavors. See you next Monday night on the tube. Peace and blessings.

10. Carrie says:

Gotta love Royce… You speak the truth and keep it real at all time unlike those other girls… not women they are girls..

11. Shameka Jackson says:

Hey royce girl, i definely agree with you, that is why i love you and tammy the most because you two keep it real. I think though that Evelyn has been a much better friend than jenn has. Now i too thought the chad and evelyn thing was for publicity, but im glad they are getting married. My advice to Evelyn is this IF SOMEONE WHO CALLS THEMSELVES A FRIEND DOESNT SUPPORT YOUR DECISIONS NO MATTER RIGHT OR WRONG, LEAVE THEM ALONE, get a new friend please, will be reading your blog next week royce :)

12. nay says:

dam you are right on! Team Royce!!

13. MJ St. Kitts Carribean says:

Hey Royce,

Greetings from the Caribbean island of St. Kitts. I love to watch Basketball Wives and i think that you are the only real person on that show. The rest of them are fakes and loiars and we hate their attidudes. I hope Kesha can be a true friend to u as she seems real also

14. pjohnson467 says:

Hey Royce, Honestly, I think you’re the only real one on the show. Okay, so this next thing has nothing to do with the show. But I wanted to give you big props for your book “College Girls”. Loved it girl, but when is the next one coming out? I have been on pins and needles since reading it. I can’t wait to see what happens next. Will the next series be coming soon? Please say yes. Back to BBW, Jenn and Evelyn both need to get over themselves; Suzie fly with every plane, someone just needs to whip her real good so she can keep her mouth close. I like Tammi better than previous seasons because seems like her rage has calmed down, but then again, this is only the first show of the season. And as for the new girls, I don’t know much about them, so I will keep an eye on them thoughtout the season.

15. LaToya says:

O.K. I feel ya Royce!

16. b. williams says:

I have always liked you on the show.Team Royce do your thang!!!!! :) :)

17. Neena Fields says:

keeping it real girl i liked that about you sometimes people can,t handle a person that keeps it honest.

18. Tamaria aka THUMP says:

Royce i have to agree you hit everything right,and i wouldn’t be afraid to voice my opinion Tami was a mess i love Tami,but ok a far a Jenn and Evelyn smh i wouldn’t have shed a tear Jenn is pathetic she was mature because i would have just slapped the crap out of Evelyn unless Chad really a drama king i can’t see him marrying her it will be bad for his image however they do look good together,Evelyn should be happy she getting married soon instead of enemy this and that,is so crazy,idk if i want to even see the rest of the season after last night episode,yes i agree you go eat gossip,next drink eat gossip that’s getting lame as hell!that green eye shadow was a hot mess Evelyn had on yes i said it Shaunie really needs to take her off the show best friend or not,it’s making the show Springer like throwing vases,jumping on tables,smdh!

19. cedella says:

lov this rocyce full 100 straight up

20. Chantel says:

LOVE!!! REAL and right on point. Its like you took the words right out my mouth. OAN: I like kesha southern accent.

21. TERESA WARE says:

AS ALWAYS GOOD POST ROYCE AND I WILL KEEP AN EYE OPEN AND EAR CLEAR OF KENYA AND JENNIFER’S FRIENDSHIP STATUS, OH AND DO YOU BOO BOO!

22. Trish G says:

I am extremely impressed of your growth as a well rounded woman. Please keep doing what your doing. I didn’t agree on some of you tactics the last two sessions, but girl now you can tell that you are happy with yourself and your life. You are beaming! I am team Jennifer and I feel you that she should have stood beside what her blog said know matter who wrote. Hell it is under her name. Thank you Royce for saying the real. Love you little sister

23. Calwify says:

Royce, a opion is only as open as a asshole excuse me muaah…!!! Do you BOO BOO as you have don’t lose your focus on this drama but invest that negative energy into some positive Sweetie Girl!!! Please fear no1 but the SAVIOR above… The bigger they are the harder they fall!!! Tami is my favorite she blunt&out spoken but @ the end of the just timidation comes off which I fear not a 1… Dish Serve&Take it…. I’ll bang with the best or the worst of them&so the only armor you need is JESUS praise&thank but ask him to rebuke the enemy&cover you before you unleash Sweetie Girl!!! Class Sassy&Never to be Trashy but a DIVA 1st…. Toodles<3

24. Blanca says:

Right on girl! well said, well written, well done, but most of all REAL as REAL can be :) I will be reading your blogs as well. I myself am a real woman, always was, and always will be, wit that being said, I relate to you a ton girl….Keep being REAL and keep on being you. God Bless you always Royce….

25. KJ says:

You must enter a comment

26. kj says:

I am so sick of the drama!!! I would live to see the behind the scene GOOD THINGS that go on. Royce can’t talk about anyone being messy or running the mouth.. I remember when Royce took the drama to Suzie and Gloria. That was all Royce taking drama to the other side. Tammi was DEAD WRONG!!!

27. Angel says:

My girl Royce!! You seem to be the only one who see’s that mess through real world glasses. My girls an I talked about this today an everything we said, you mentioned in your blog. Might I mention that your blog is the only one I read. Tami posts bible scriptures a lot on twitter an Facebook, but curses like a sailor on the show. I understand a slip now an then. She may need to look back at her first season when she sported her big bear (bare) feet, smokin cigs with her cleopatra hair do, and come down off that high horse. The rest aren’t even worth mentioning! Keep reppin for the real females in the world. Team Royce boyeeeeee!!!

28. Andrea Lovette says:

Well, you were right. If I don’t like what you say, don’t read it and I wont. All I will say though is Tami is going to go bad on yoooooouuuuu! OOOOOHHHHH. Better take some boxing lessons. HAAAHAA> But I will pray for you.

29. ClassySanAntonio says:

Omg Royce IAM WITH YOU!!! You seriously put your blog perfectly. You are my favorite one and normal and real. Everyone else is evil,twisted and mean. You’re new friends seem okay St this point. Well Kesha. I don’t know if Kenya is after seeing her try to get physical with Jen. I love this soap opera you guys have. It’s the new and twisted General Hospital in my opinion.

30. kesha says:

I love this blog u go girl!!!!! and i love u on the show cause u keep it real!!!!1

31. Meechie says:

I have 2 say Royce, you pretty much hit it on the nail!
    Evelyn: never liked the trick and didn’t like the over-exposed, big mouth, NMF youaintmexican football player either! We all know how that reality show ended…& it will be interesting if the Pats resign him…he just aint the isssssssssshhhh (in my opinion never has been). I’m not h8g, just callin’ it as it is….Hopefully this engagement won’t b 10years – who does that?? Oh, w8, she does! My bad! My feelings towards her behavior on screen is that of a trick. You’re gonna slap somebody, Iwishyouwould! Who jumps over tables? Aren’t you over 21? 25? you grown right? You’re a “role” model 4 your daughter? Maybe, maybe not….but it appears 4 u 2 stay relevant, u have 2 resort 2 these antics…& IF this so-called marriage pops off, ur now an extension of whatshisface & the Pats will NOT resign w/this negative BS u2 got going on…4 sure! She actually was going 2 have his upteenth baby??? Really???

Suzi – you know Suzi is spineless she’s that chick who wants 2 b everyone’s friend – she’s a follower…I just accept her as she is even tho I don’t have a concept of that.

Tami – LuvLuvLuv her! But u’re right…a lil messy BUT mygirl still keepin’ it real – she said what she said so ain’t no back’nforth – gotta respect that.

Kesha/Kenya – still out on these 2….but ur right, Kesha doesn’t come across white or even hi-yellow on TV….Suzi got that covered…just sayin’

Royce – I’d like 2 see u meet some1 of substance. Not seem desperate. Not this one “be the one” as they all have been – ur pops was right….I’d like 2 see u brand yourself & leave this reality series behind….

Much Love to the ReAl not FaKe or TrIcKs of the trade!

PS: No mention of Jenn on purpose. She definitely has an air about herself & needs 2 find herself & hopefully she won’t take any of Ev’s BS – don’t b intimidated no need 2 b – just do u & let her do her.

32. Susanlyn says:

Royce you have always kept it REAL. Thanks. Love you girl. However I will not watch the show this go around. Just to Stupid Tami…………Suzie and Head! please. and Evelyn how that I man has given you some a attention. You down your girl. You are the nasty DOG! And Royce I love you for always for the real in you.

33. Cambrielle says:

Royce you grew on me…and I absolutely LOVE you…you are my favorite member on the show…because you stand up for yourself and keep it VERY lady…something those other classless fluzies know nothing about. Please continue to do you…to me you outshine all of them :)

34. Lisa heyward says:

Speak on it Royce, I agree, Tami shouldn’t have gone back to discuss what the new girls thought of Suzie and Jennifer; but the reality of the situation is that it is a reality show and ratings must come from somewhere and Tami realizes this. In order to keep herself and the show going; drama is needed, that is why she is all up in Jen and Evenlyn’s situation, and all twisted up in the new girls business.If I had a good paycheck coming in for causing drama, i probably would do the same!!!!Q, I ain;t hating!Q

35. dan says:

Royce look like she had some breast and butt implants during off season.

36. carol says:

Royce you still a fake ass freak, that’s why you posing with your bra on. You need a man

37. ROYCE ! U ARE BY FAR , THE REALIST PERSON ON THE SHOW ! THE EPISODE WAS VERY SICKENING TO ME , TO SEE GROWN WOMEN CONDUCT THEMSELVES LIKE THIS , ITS REALLY GIVING WOMEN A BAD NAME ! I THINK SUZIE SHOULD BE KICKED OFF THE SHOW BECAUSE SHE IS JUST A BIG DUMMY! I USED TO BE A FAN OF TAMMI ,BUT NOW I THINK SHE IS TRYIN HARD TO KEEP UP WITH THE SHAUNIE & EVIL-LYN CREW. JENNIFER ( POOR THANG!) THIS IS WHAT U GET FOR NOT HAVING A MIND OF YOUR OWN, & EVIL-LYN GIRL KARMA IS GOING TO BITE U IN YOUR ASS SO HARD , ITS GO MAKE YOU CONSTIPATED!

38. CS3 Fan says:

Thanks Royce, you rock!

39. Kasey says:

So, why is it that you go so hard on what Jenn, Suzie, and Tami said during this episode, but you don’t even touch on the ignorance and childish behavior that Evelyn exemplified?? She can’t conduct an intelligent conversation because she is too worried about slapping/hitting someone for what their opinion is on her relationship. If she’s that happy, why is so worried about others opinions on her relationship and why is she always so angry? Mind you this is a chick who validates her reason for not liking you and going in on you because she was a “loyal” friend to Jennifer. What is your stance on how Ev behaved in Episode 1, since you didn’t voice much of an opinion on it in this posting? Are you afraid to say something about it in fear of her going to the twitter world (her favorite place to “put everyone out’)?

40. BasketballFan says:

As always, great blog Royce!! I know it’s been a while but I seriously believe BasketballFan got banned or something because I couldn’t comment for a minute.. Anywho… I’m not understanding Evelyn’s issue with Jennifer… I mean, if she can forgive Suzie for telling her business about “VEGAS” than why can’t she forgive Jennifer? Evelyn never bites her tongue, yet she’s praised for it… Jennifer finally formed an opinion of her own and Evelyn cuts her off for it??? and I love me some Tami, but I hope she’s just rolling with the ***SQUARE*** for ratings because she’s indeed looking all kinda fraudulent, in my opinion… You’re right to keep you’re enemies close and watching ya homies (Suzie) because you never know with that one… Anywho… I’m seriously starting to believe the ***SQUARE*** cannot enjoy themselves without someone to bully/pick on… Which is why I perfer male friends… Finally, as I’ve said before Royce, don’t let these snakes in tall grass change you Royce…. YOU ARE THE SHOW…. Stay positive, stay blessed, and STAY YOU!! Love, peace, and hair grease….

41. jussara says:

Royce looks like dancing is her niche. On the episodes, her hair is always a wreck. She needs to get a new stylish. She looks poor. Her clothes look cheap. Royce needs to stop being hungry to have friends, like trying to befriend the new comers. She seems too needy and immature.

42. Truth says:

If Royce only has negative things to say about everyone all the time, why does she continue to do the show? EVERYONE on Basketball Wives has shown a fake, manipulative, or violent side. Why do these girls focus so much on each other when they need to be checking themselves?

43. Jonesy says:

Royce,
    I sure hope the brother that you’re serious with truly understands you. I know I’m biased, but I love me some ROYCE REED! You are smart, beautiful, and sexy! Did I say you are a very classy chocolate Queen! I really hope the brother that you’re seeing appreciates you, because you are a WINNER!

Love ya Royce,

Michael Jones
    North Hollywood, CA

44. NUYGeneration says:

Just got the chance to watch episode 2. Interesting to see that four seasons into the show, most of the stories revolve around women meeting for lunch to spread gossip back and forth about one another (it would appear that Suzie essentially used you to have a thread of connection to the BB circle last season, and once she reconciled with everyone you are now useless to her and in her crosshairs as it’s what the majority of the women support).

It’s refreshing to see that the cameras are following you as you’re making transitions in your life and career, and that every storyline is not going to rely just on backstabbing brainstorm sessions or a woman’s connection to an athlete. Continued luck with your professional aspirations, and I hope keep your dreams big, your drive strong, and your dignity in tact.

45. Jenn T says:

Royce – you sound like a bridezilla in the making, lol. I agree with you about Tami. I love her, but I didn’t think it was right for her to go back and tell Jen and Suzie what was said about them. I just didin’t see the point, it was just messy.

46. Victoria S says:

Royce I agree completely ,I don’t know why blogs trash you ,your the realest on Basketball Wives !

47. Kera says:

Yayy. I love yur blogs. You speak the truth. Suzie has changed this season. I dont know what happened but all she does is talk about everyone. Like, what happened Suzie? You changed sooo much. I think that Ev & Jenn’s friendship should have not ended like this. I mean, Jenn should have just apologized and not blame it on her publicist. To me, Evelyn seems like the realest and loyal friend you could have. She keeps it 100%. And Royce, I love you. You keep it 100% too no matter what. Yur a strong woman and i love that about you.!!