We knew you guys loved Basketball Wives, but we didn’t realize that 3.7 million of you loved it this much! VH1 is thrilled to report that the season premiere of Basketball Wives pulled in nearly four million viewers, a record high for the series. That’s up 42% from the season premiere, which is a huge leap. But then again, this show and especially this season, has reached epic proportions, we’re not that surprised. Check out the press release below for more information about this record-breaking premiere. Congrats, ladies!!!

NEW SEASON OF VH1′S “BASKETBALL WIVES” MIAMI TIES AS THE HIGHEST RATED EPISODE YET OF THE “BASKETBALL WIVES” FRANCHISE

3.7 Million Total Viewers Tune In To Season Opener

VH1 Ranks As the #1 Cable Network Among Women 18-49 In Primetime on Monday Night; #3 Network Among Adults 18-49

NEW YORK, February 22, 2012 – VH1′s new season opener of “Basketball Wives” set in Miami tied as the highest rated episode yet of the “Basketball Wives” franchise, averaging a 1.7 in the key adult 18-49 demo. The 8PM* episode was seen by 2.5 million total viewers.
When combined with its 9:30 PM* encore, the premiere episode attracted 3.7 million total viewers.

This season’s premiere was up +42% from the prior season opener of “Basketball Wives.”

In social media, “Basketball Wives” generated 17 trending topics on Twitter a half hour before the show started and secured the number one spot throughout the premiere.

VH1 hit series “T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle” continued its winning ways on Monday night, averaging a 1.6 in the 18-49 demo in its 9 PM time slot.

In season four of “Basketball Wives” the two new ladies alter the ever-changing landscape and dynamic among these women. Newcomer Kesha Nichols survived every girl’s worst nightmare, having her engagement broken off by her ball-playing fiancé via email shortly before their wedding. Kenya Bell is in the process of finalizing a divorce from a basketball star and is one of the most notorious and controversial wives in the league, whose infamous reputation is well-known by the other wives. Shaunie O’Neal is on the path to establishing herself as a business mogul. Evelyn Lozada and Jennifer Williams‘ 12-year friendship is in a precarious position. Will it recover from last season’s fracture? Strong-willed Tami Roman continues to be a force to be reckoned with both socially and now in business. Royce Reed and Suzie Ketcham attempt to navigate uncharted waters as new chapters open in their lives.

“Basketball Wives” is a Shed Media production. Executive producing for Shed Media are Nick Emmerson, Alex Demyanenko and Sean Rankine. Shaunie O’Neal is an executive producer. Executive producing for VH1 are Jeff Olde, Jill Holmes and Tom Huffman.
?”T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle” is created and executive produced by 51 Minds’ Cris Abrego, Christian Sarabia, Rabih Gholam and Ben Samek (CAPI), as well as Category 5 Entertainment’s Brian Sher and Stella Bulochnikov (“T.I.’S Road to Redemption”). For VH1, the series is executive produced by Jill Holmes, Kristen Kelly and Jeff Olde.

VH1 connects viewers to the music, artists and pop culture that matter to them most with TV series, specials, live events, exclusive online content and public affairs initiatives. VH1 is available in 99 million households in the U.S. VH1 also has an array of digital channels and services including VH1Classic, VH1 Soul, VH1.com and VH1 Mobile. Connect with VH1 at VH1.com.

[Photo: VH1/Cody Bess]

1. Carrie says:

I am sure as the season rolls on from the previews I’ve seen, that number will change! Evelyn Lazado and her assistance should be arrested for assault as should Eric Williams last season. Evelyn has turned into an, insecure, out of control watch on this show. She acts like she is straight out of the projects of Queens! She needs to be fired! All she does is curse and bully people. I believe she thinks SHE IS the show!

2. NEW YORK FINEST says:

I LOVE THE SHOW TAMMY KEEPS IT REAL ROYCE IS A LITTLE MOUSE SEARCHING FOR LOVE AND INSECURE BECAUSE OF HER SIZE EVELYN LOVES HER MAN BUT IS BLIND TO THE FACT THAT HER MAN IS STILL LOOKING AT OTHER GIRLS, BUT THAT HER PROBLEM AN NO-ONE ELSE SHE’S DOWN TO EARTH I LIKE HER ALOT, VERY OUT SPOKEN, WOULD’T YOU WANT A FRIEND THAT’S TRUTHFUL. I HOPE HER AND JEN WORKS THINGS OUT I LIKE THEM , JEN NEEDS TO BE A FRIEND AND STOP VOICING HER OPINION ABOUT EVELYN AND TALK TO HER IN PRIVATE. JEN MIGHT JUST BE A LITTLE JEALOUS OF HER FRIEND AND THAT’S OK BUT STAY TRUE TO HER. LOVE THE SHOW AND SHAUNIE YOU STAY CLASSY GIRL .

3. jill tracey says:

Just you wait. We were all excited to see the girls come back but after that foolishness I saw….That’s my last show. It’s not demeaning. Evelyn is just a joke why are the new girls on trial to “join the circle”and Shaunie just looks disgusted by it all. #Itsawrap…

4. NINA GROSS says:

PUNCHES FLYING I SEE! WONDERING IF THAT THE WAY THE SEASON IS GOING FLOW IF SO THEN WERE IN FOR SOMETHING INTERSTING. KEEP FLYING! LOVE GRACE80

5. marlow rae says:

BOOOOOO! A bunch of non-wives trying to be a factor. This show is so “FAKE”. And having to look at Evelyn’s 52 yr old a**, is crazy. Her (What looks like) botox work has helped alittle. Her nasty attitude hasn’t helped her. Susie “Yuck”. Big Ups to “LOVE and HIP HOP”, a way better show.

6. shan says:

Evelyn u r a joke

7. michelle says:

Thank you VH1 for the best reailty show ever made i love all my Basketball Wives. my true queen is TAMMY. she is always real at all times . she tell it like it IS. Please tell her that her number one fan michelle gloms said keep it coming i love a real true queen. we are so much a like. I can’t wait til feb 27th. Loving you VH1

8. michelle says:

To those who have something bad to say about basketball wives please change your channel, this show is for real queens who love high class drama. so for my real true queens keep watching the best is yet to come. TRUE FAN

9. R U Serious says:

This show should be renamed “Bitter Exes and Athlete Hookers” Sad stuff to watch especially when you know there are children involved who will inevitably see their mothers acting like fools, hootchies, and gold diggers. All because they worship the almighty dollar.

10. Rao says:

I like 5th one from left hand side

11. LadyZ says:

Who do Evelyn REALLY think she is????? Just because she is to marry O, OMG! settle down. Evelyn is nothing but a “JOKE”!!!! Now Tammy has settle down a lot so maybe she should give this BIG HEADED Evelyn some advise.

12. Annie says:

When Basketball Housewives began, I thought we were going to see some classy women, like Ms Rashad, Rita Moreano, Diane Carroll, Maya Angelou & other women who have been very successful. But instead, we just got ex-ghetto women physically fighting in public, at every event, even at a breast cancer charity event. And they don’t even have the class to be embarrased about it. These women do not know what it means to be a friend (who calls a friend to back out of modeling an HOUR before the charity show?) Even Shaunie acted ghetto when one of the ladies & her man decided not to marry yet. On behalf of rich successful women everywhere, I am embarrased FOR them. Of course their men dumped them. You can’t take them anywhere.

13. staystrong says:

Season ratings are increased because of word of mouth. Entertainment is just what it is and some viewers watch it because they are curious to see what happens next or they just like drama. All of these shows are script and about to run out, they have the same idea to keep backstabbing and instigators going on, etc. If the cast is getting paid, guess it works for them. Its us viewers that condone this mess. You can be dramatic without the unprofessionalism and vulgar ladies. They could care less what we say just as long as we say it to show that we are watching.
    We giving them what they want, ratings and attention. Oh well.

Oh on the next blog, love and hip hop,,somebody tell chrissy the world does NOT revolve around her either, she and Evelyn belong in the same sewage. You still human & they are people worse than you. My friend is straight out of NY and she is the type that would have checked both of you with the quickness, she don’t wait and talk the jibberish, she go straight to the head. The minute you threatening or sound like you gonna do something,.you will be knocked out before you complete your sentence. I have even seen her do it & even to a guy.

14. Andyoutalkedaboutwho says:

Oh we all seem to be forgetting how they treated Gloria and Matt. Now Gloria and Matt separated after the lies but Evelyn and Shaunie those were very unprofessional with her too. I don’t blame Gloria for standing up to them & that lil snake in the grass Suzie was two face there too. Wow.. Some of you all give Tami heads up but Tami can tone it down too. I liked her at first but she instigating too and then says she don’t like drama and going back with hearsay, duh…WEll hello, she goes back and tell things also acting like she trying the be the peace keeper just like Shauni and speaking of Shauni, they won’t get on her because its her show. Keeping it real is to be admired, but some people bark is bigger than their bites.. Enough said…Good night..

15. Disappointed Viewer says:

Another added example of a typical minority television show. But I have to admit that I’m not surprised because I expect it. And then we wonder why our shows never last or that we barely win reputable awards like Emmys and Oscars. Look at what the hell we display when we are afforded the opportunity to shine. Shaunie I know money is your drive, but honey take a minute to ask yourself, “what if that was my daughter being paid to behave like that?”
    C’mon..do you really think your legacy will be worth remembering once your dead and gone? HELL NO! For the few who may be interested in researching your life will only find that you were Shaq’s ex-wife and was the chic who executive produced the Basketball Wives show which filmed a bunch of foolishness that wasn’t relevant for future generations to watch like Good Times, The Cosby Show, 227, A Different World, Martin, Soul Food, Living Single, The Jeffersons, In Living Color, The Game etc. Think about it…where are the other dummies like “New York” from Flavor of Love? Nobody knows nor cares. Why? Because it was already planned out that her days on screen were numbered as is the cast of your show. Even Wendy Williams stated that she was no longer watching. Shaunie use your platform to showcase the value in Black American women with standards like our First Lady Michelle Obama, Beyonce’, Maya Angelou, Angela Bassett, Oprah, Tracy Edmonds, Debra Lee, Debbie Allen and Phylicia Rashad just to name a few. Be innovative and produce something that moves us forward, not set us back.

16. doris says:

I am disapointed in SHAUNIE for continuing to promote these no wives reality shows.LA LA FULL COURT is a much better show.These women are a disgrace.what kind of an example are they setting for their children. EVENLYN,S daughter moved to california to getaway from her gold -digging,pouty mouth,ho of a mom. she and CHAD ARE TWO OF A KIND.then they bring their families into this madness. I hope they are are getting paid big bucks to put themselves out there like that.what you have shown us you get no respect. BUT you don,t care, because if you did, you wouldn,t keep signing up for more.

17. Michelle says:

Why is the best looking one in this photo Tammy along with Shaunie? I can remember how much she was hatted on by certain individuals when she was a freshman to the show. It’s amazing what opportunity and a couple of years can do! TEAM TAMMY, lol!

18. Evelyn, You’re insane! It’s so obvious. I’ll finish Chad’s Poem to you…”As I look into your eyes”..I see the windows to the Soul, except for one big problem…YOU DON’T HAVE A SOUL. you so it flew the coop. You are without a doubt…INSANE. Susie Ketcham..you’re about as dull and boring as a person could be. I’m an Artist, {in more ways than one}. I Sing, I Draw and Paint Oils on Canvas, I write Poetry, and /or / Songs, I play the Piano by Ear. That beingYou have a cold empty heart and an empty GAP where even your Soul couldn’t stand being in said; my credentials are with merit and open the door to clue you in on quit a few things. However, you’re not worth taking that much time on, so, I’ll just get to the matter at hand with you. Susie, {Big Mouth} Ketcham, you need to think before you froth and drool at the mouth with your purely ridiculous, EMPTY comments, {for your sheer lack of intelligence to say anything intelligent}.You told the new lady on the show that she is too old to do Videos, etc. etc. etc. Number one…There isn’t ANY age limit for CREATIVITY!!! There IS, however, an age limit for when to STOP acting like a CHILD and START acting like an ADULT. Chalk up another failure on Susie’s behalf. Susie, you are SO inept. You poor thing. You don’t even make it in the EYE CANDY DEPARTMENT. You ALSO speak with a Lisp. Check around, there’s a lot of good Speech Therapists out there that SHOULD be able to help you correct your speech problem. Back to Evelyn for one last note. Evelyn, what a SHAME that you couldn’t even get your insanity under control to raise your own Daughter. If I’m wrong I stand corrected, but I do believe I heard something wbout how your Daughter was mostly raised by her Father. What was wrong Evelyn? Were you SELFISHLY TOO BUSY having your own FUN, {with no concern for your Daughter}? Perhaps your poor little girl was AFRAID of YOU EVELYN and pleaded with the Justice System for her safety and to be raised by her Father. Tisk, Tisk, Evelyn. So far this Season, it seems like Tammy is the only one out of YOU 3 in particular to have classed up her act with how well she dresses, her beautiful Hair styles, her classy way of acting. All around, Tammy, you’re doing wonderful. Keep up the good work Tammy. I’ll bet Kenny is doing double and triple takes when he sees you on or off the show. Don’t lower yourself to Evelyn’s standards Tammy. Keep up the classiness. It’ll really get the other women on the Show ticked.

19. Angel Giles says:

I enjoy the show,but it needs to come to a point where the ladies would start to act like women and not kids. Don’t mean any harm toward anyone of them.Because I once act just like them, and I had to stop and take a look at myself. Tami, I have always loved her even when she was on the other show. Keep it real! Just remember ladies that you have children and you know that kids talk at school and see things on the computer and T.V. Just show a little more class.

20. Darlene says:

I am so F…..king sick ot Tammi. What she need is a Detroit beat down from a eastside B. from the d to put her in her place. She is sooo jealous of light skinned woman its not ever funny. I’m light skinned, put me on the show.

21. yogigee says:

PLEASE tell me the reason behind this show…I’m confused as to why some of the women are on a show called Basketball Wives! Starting with Evelyn, not a wife, never was and isn’t a girlfriend, SO WHY? Is it ratings? Next is Royce, not a wife, never was, so WHY? Then there’s TRASHY SUZIE, not a wife, she managed to bang a ball player and have his children! Now, it’s the new chick Kesha, not a wife either, never was, just managed to bang a ball player!!! So I ask you, what’s the point of this show? It’s a waste of time if you ask me…People watch to see the ANGRY LATINA, the MEAN & IGNORANT BLACK GIRL, and the PUSH OVER JENN. The show makes us look bad as woman, fighting and acting like caddy school girls, I don;t see the good in this program! You may have had an original point to this story but with this GHETTO cast…you missed the mark!

22. Alice King says:

First, you all talk about each other. Your attack on Keisha was very wrong as well as Evelyn’s attack on Jennifer. If you and your sidekick did not have money, would be just another project heir, especially Evelyn. She is willing to sacrifice her morals just to be with a man and you…all I can say is straight hood rat. Be sure and tell your friend aids invites everyone to the party.

23. Jackie says:

Shaunie, as a executive producer of this BasketBall Wives Show that destroys Black Culture daily with negativity.. U have a platform that really need to be taken off air. Your cast is sooo ghetto and i’m sure that’s how you make your money by targeting the less educated crew while on commercial break cohersing them to be more dramitic for rating boost. Shame on you Shaunie for not using this platform to educate and uplift many young women. Stop media pimping the women due to them needing a check. Suzy is speech impaired, Evenlyn is a unfit mother. Royce has been exposed as a gold digger but she is college educated.. Tammy is scorn from life in genral; etc.. Shaunie u cast low self esteem women to make your money!! Wow!!

24. Abby says:

“Basketball Wives Season Premiere Ratings Are A Series High With 3.7 Million Viewers Tuning In” Why? Let me guess it’s because the people who watch this show have lived that life of drama and they glad Shaunie, has placed idiots to mirror the image of so many mentally and emotionally abused women who can speak on national television as the viewers hide in the dark and let those cast members re-enact the past life who many over came. This show inspires many women now how not to act. Young girls now take ACT’s early in high school so they can qualify for College and graduate, and soon after enter the workforce with a great salary starting off and not having to resort to sleeping with an athlete and collect child support from that what would of been of a one nite stand. The ratings are also high because educators of instituition all around has added reality shows like this as a 3 hour credit course of how not to act in society. Thank you soo much for this show Shaunie !!!!

25. Rochelle Johnson says:

This is a very SAD show and does nothing to support young women

26. Princey says:

The reality show portrayal of the angry Black woman and the angry Latina is so tired and used. This show is so sad and represents the bottom of the barrel rather than the queens among us. Too bad that they waste television time on messy shows like this.

27. coco says:

like you live in the jungle…………………….shame on you vh1

28. hunny says:

tammi is a animal…………this is a shame for all women and black women in general.wendy williams you were righ…………………………………..shame on you shauni o’nill you could do better than………..am not waching vh1 any more.this is a shame

29. stephany says:

Tami YOU ARE A BULLY!!!!!! Show some class and leave the booze alone.You really made yourself look like an ASS!! YOU ARE SO FAKE!!!!! I would have called the cops on you too!!!Then we could have got it “POPPIN” as you say.

30. mg from buffalo says:

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING SINCE SEASON ONE AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT LAST NIGHTS EPISODE WHEN TAMMY VERBALLY ABUSED KEISHA WAS SO SICKENING AND WHAT WAS MORE DISTURBING IS, ALTHOUGH THE OTHER GIRLS WERE CLEARLY UPSET- NOT ONE PERSON OPENED THEIR MOUTH TO SAY THAT ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH- I SERIOUSLY FELT LIKE I WAS WATCHING SOMEONE GET BULLIED IN HIGHSCHOOL- NOT EVEN HIGH SCHOOL- GRAMMER SCHOOL- I HOPE TAMMY WATCHES THIS EPISODE WITH SHAME AND GETS THE HELP SHE NEEDS CUZ THE ANGER MANAGEMENT IS CLEARLY NOT HELPING- HOW ABOUT NOT DRINKING- THAT MIGHT BE A START (AND TAMMY WAS MY FAVORITE GIRL TO WATCH ON THE SHOW) I AM DISGUSTED – HOW WOULD TAMMY LIKE IT IF SOMEONE TREATED ONE OF HER DAUGHTERS THAT WAY? IM SO SADDENED BY THIS TYPE OF TREATMENT OF PEOPLE- THIS SHOW NEEDS TO START SENDING A MORE POSITIVE MESSAGE TO THE WORLD- AND AS FAR AS SUSIE GOES- WHAT A COWARD- WHY DOES SHE BEFRIEND PEOPLE AND THEN GOING RUNNING BACK AND TELL ON THEM- GROW UP! (WHEN I SEE CLIPS WITH SUSIE IN THEM I FAST FORWARD- YOU NEED TO FIND SOMEONE MORE INTERESTING TO PUT ON THE SHOW-SHE BRINGS NOTHING TO THE TABLE- FYI) SO DONE WITH WATCHING WOMAN IN THEIR 30′S ACTINGSO RIDICULOUS- GIVE ME A BREAK

31. MG says:

ONE MORE THING…. I FELT LIKE I WAS WATCHING A CHILD GET ABUSED…THIS SHOW MAKES ME SICK- NEVER WATCHING AGAIN- NOT COOL AND ANYONE WHO GOT ENJOYMENT FROM THAT NEEDS HELP

32. TOES says:

I HAVE A NEW VH1 SHOW FOR YOU – ITS CALLED “I’D LIKE TO SEE TAMMY TRY AND TAKE MY PURSE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS-BOO-BOO!”THEN SHE CAN ANSWER TO SOME ONE WHO WOULD KNOCK HER ON HER ASS-AIN’T NO DOUBT

33. Tia says:

i not sure if i’ll watch next season,i am really disappointed with Shawnie.i thought she had more class then to stand by and watch the bullying.she has kids how wqould she react to them being bullyed like that .it made me sick on my stomach.jen was the only one women enough to tell evelyn that she don’t like her man.i don’t see why that young man would want his women jumpin up on tables like senior citizen bat lady.i thought i liked tammie ,but she’s just like eve.i would like to see all the bullied people get together and sue eve right out of her store then see if young hotie want her old ass.he might have ment it when he she he’s there for her money.true things are said in a joke.and tamie please.i don’t think this is how she should carry her self like this where her kids can see (what roll models)

34. marti says:

It is extremely troubling to me to see the self hatred and bitterness that is exhibited on Basketball Wives. For this show to do so well with the public is telling. Evidently this viewing audience likes drama, abusive behavior and meaness. it is all on display on BW. The anger, bickering, poor conduct demonstatrates the meanspiritedness of these women. they are not engaged in positive activity at all. What do they do? – have lunch, shop, drink, take elaborate trips, wear expensive clothes – get a life!. I’m not asking them to be role models, but try not to embarass yourself and others in front of the American viewing public. It is extremely sad and distressing. Get them off the air NOW!