Ev And Ocho: The Series Is Happening, People. It’s Really Happening!

It’s official: VH1 is so, so excited to have a front row seat to the nuptials of Evelyn Lozada and Chad Ochocinco. We know the rumors and reports have been flying for a while, but now we can finally confirm that we’ll be airing an eight-part series called Ev And Ocho that will give fans an inside look at the pair’s wedding planning and, ultimately, the wedding itself. The series will premiere in September and it’s going to be the lo-o-o-ongest summer ever as we wait for it. Who will be on the guest list? Will Chad really walk down the aisle? We’ll have to watch to find out. Read on for all the details.

VH1 INVITES YOU TO THE WEDDING OF EVELYN LOZADA AND CHAD OCHOCINCO
NEW SERIES “EV AND OCHO” (WORKING TITLE) PREMIERES SEPTEMBER 2012 ON VH1

Santa Monica, CA – March 12, 2012 – VH1 has signed “Basketball Wife” Evelyn Lozada and her fiancé, NFL superstar Chad Ochocinco for a new series showcasing their upcoming wedding, including all the scheduling, details and drama that lead to their special day. The eight-part series “Ev and Ocho” will premiere September 2012 and consist of eight half-hour episodes concluding with a two-part wedding finale.

VH1 has followed Evelyn’s story through four seasons of “Basketball Wives” ­- beginning with the end of her engagement to NBA player Antoine Walker, to her single life and now her current relationship with Chad Ochocinco. After going through their own set of peaks and valleys in this new relationship together, they are ready to take the next step to “I do” – with cameras in tow. Watch as VH1 presents a behind-the­-scenes look at Chad and Evelyn and their journey to become “Mr. and Mrs.”

Audiences will get a glimpse into all aspects of Evelyn and Chad’s relationship, from the tumultuous times, having to deal with cheating rumors and heartache, to dealing with the often negative and always invasive tabloid press, social media criticism of their partnership and tough family decisions about who’ll walk Evelyn down the aisle. Viewers will watch Evelyn and Chad work through their dream wedding with celebrity wedding planner Diann Valentine and decide on important details including the cake, the designer dress, the exclusive invite list and more. Preparation will not be easy as these stars battle the balance between their hectic daily schedules and planning a celebrity-studded wedding. Planning “happily ever after” is never a smooth course.

RSVP for this special event and tune in to watch “Ev and Ocho” premiering September 2012.

Shed Media and JUMA Entertainment are producing the series. Executive producing for Shed Media is Nick Emmerson, Alex Demyanenko and Sean Rankine. Executive producing for JUMA Entertainment is Bob Horowitz and Lewis Fenton. Executive producing for VH1 are Jill Holmes, Tom Huffman and Jeff Olde.

*All times ET/PT
[Photo: Getty Images]

1. Doris says:

ok now evelynn nor Chad are really what we need where has all the positive shows gone both of them are fake REALTY HAS GONE FOR FAR THAT ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY ITS SCARY IM NOT ENTAINED BY HER JUMPING OVER TABLES AND ???????SO ELEMENTARY HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS DONT EVEN ACT LIKE THAT SO SAD MOTHER AND FATHER TELL YOUR GOWN CHILDREN TO THINK ABOUT THEIR OWN CHILDREN IF NOTHING ELSE BUT THEY ARE JUST AFTER MONEY, AND THE PEOPLE PRODUCERS ARE LAUGHING AT YOU FOOLS (TRUST AND BELEIVE ) SPEND THAT MONEY THE VETERANS ARE THE HOMELESS FEED PEOPLE. SO SAD

2. Chrissy says:

Can’t wait, go Ev, it’s your birthday. Go, go, shake it, shake it, yeah!! (laughs)

3. SexyLady84 says:

I like the show and the entire cast, but like everyone else in life we all have things we need to work on. Some people or worse than others. This season is very much different. Evelyn is acting very childish on this epsiode. Even Tami is presenting herself better than Evelyn. Evelyn are you truly that desperate to be married that you give Chad permission to cheat on you? Do you really think he is going to use protection knowing that it is ok with you? Give Jenn a break, she was only saying things to you or about you trying to tell you to please be careful. She really do care about you. Grow up and stop jumping over tables. If you don’t like her than leave her alone and stop causing so much drama.

4. PNC says:

WHY????????????

5. Nae says:

They really need to grow up. Doris I am so glad that someone else in America feels the same. Reality TV is a joke. I refuse to watch this show. I really think that if more people stopped entertaining this crap they would be forced to stop showing it. Chad and Evelyn please who freaking lives like that. They are not a couple for anyone to model themselves after.

6. Rocky Dolittle says:

Who really cares! Wont be watching, sick of Evelyn on the original show!! These women are coming across as BULLIES! We try to teach our kids not to do these things and here they are making a show of this mess!! Shanie must not have much control cause she has lost a lot of respect! I only like Royce and Jennifer( boshia of not)! Grow up woman!!! I know its hard out here but sometimes you should’nt do certain things just for money!

7. MiMi says:

IT SEEMS THAT SOME OF YOU MUST BE JEALOUS OF THEM AND THEIR RELATIONSHIP. DORIS INSTEAD OF LOOKING UP OCHO AND EV YOU MAY NEED TO GET SOME SPELLING CLASSES OR PUT SPELL CHECK ON YOUR PHONE, BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY TYPOS. APARENTLY YOU KNOW THEM PERSONALLY AND INSTEAD USING A FAKE NAME WHY DON’T YOU TELL EV TO HER FACE….LOL UNLESS YOU ARE SCARED OF HER….

CONGRATS TO OCHO AND EV YOU GUYS MAKE A GOOD COUPLE….BE BLESSES

8. Betty says:

Chad, I hope you know what you are getting yourself into!

9. tanya says:

I am so not interested in watching these shows anymore. The women on Basketball Wives are just petty and childish with a few exceptions. Tammie is starting to be a bully and Evelyn just fake. Royce and Jen continue to seperate yourself b/c you do not need to be involved in their constant drama.

10. NIKKI says:

LOL STOP THE MADNESS!!!

11. Ella Lynn says:

Don’t forget Susie, She is so denst it is a shame, somebody please talk to her , she needs HELP.

12. Cathi says:

MIMI….Never ever correct someone when you can’t spell yourself………

13. ALISHA says:

@@** I WANT TO CONGRATULATE EVELYN AND OCHO. BECUZ THEY BEEN THRU ALOT IN THEIR LIVES AND ALSO ON TV AND JUS BEING FANS OF THEM BOTH. AND EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN FLAWS AND PERSONALITIES I BELIEVE THESE TWO CAME TOGETHER AND FORMED SUMTHIN THT MOST PEOPLE DIDNT THINK WOULD HAPPEN. SO ITS NOT GUD TO JUDGE ANYBODY. CONGRATS TO THA BOTH OF THEM. AND WE PRAY THEY STAY TOGETHER FOREVER..LUV BOTH THEIR SHWS AND ALWAYS GOIN B A FAN FRM CALI ALWYZ!

14. katlbos says:

I hope this show never happens! I dont think anyone is jealous of these two. I think VH1 sucks at most of their reality shows – namely Basketball Wives. Evelyn and Tammy come off as serious bullies. I dont know why anyone would join the cast, only to be harassed and berated. It is truly sad what people will do for money. As one poster commented – you have women fighting, ganging up on each other, calling each other out their names, jumping off tables, throwing bottles, etc. I have watched up until last night’s show but I am no longer interested and I sure wont be watching a Chad and Evelyn spin off. I will be so happy when these shows run their course and we go back to TV as it used to be!

15. Taylor says:

Who cares!!! I’m so sick of “Ev” with her bully tactics. Notice the difference in her bahavior when she’s around her familia versus out in public! She’s ignorant and she resembles the creature from Avitar (big teeth and all). Those black woman should stop letting her make spectacles of them by making them lool like angry black woman…and she’s not Black! As for her womanizing husband to be…get a life! Why are you settling for her? She’s like a dirty bag of Lays Potatoe Chips that everyone has had there hands in!!!!.I won’t watch their show and I know hundres of others who feel the same way! Ewwww!

16. big stevie says:

this show really shows how not to act nobody is a wife all of them are x’s of baby mommait’s just tasteless but it shows hoe’s will do anything for a little money

17. treasure says:

if she and him are happy then let them be there both grown and kno what it really is at the end of the day.cant wait for the wedding

18. torri says:

this is a big joke evelynn what are yall doing????? I STOP WACTHING TO BECAUSE ITS SO FAKE I HATED. I SO LOVED THE FIRST AN SECOND SEASON.

19. chelsea says:

hello i just want to say that i really love the basketball wives show! and hopefully one day i get to meet them all :)

20. Fan says:

I will not be watching this show. Evelyn and Chad deserve each other. I would like to see when Evelyn gets her just dessert. Chad should just go back to playing football and stop thinking that he is more than what he is. You reap what you sow. And just for the record. Nobody is jealous of Chad and Evelyn’s relationship. She is a loose women getting married to a loose man.

21. Debo Smit says:

Evelyn you r a grown ass women quit acting like a lil hood rat; Chad do u really want this from your wifeeee::::: girl a woman is to make her man lookgood and the way you act the show is not cool at all your a mother first and a soon to be wifeee let go of the hood; chad deserves classy not hoody…….. Jenn is a good friend who the hell do u think u r…… grow uppppppppppppp

22. Urshula says:

I could see Tami, Evelyn, Suzie, Kenya, and Shaunie close up and would never approach them period. I think Royce and Kesha would be a pleasure meet.

23. This is ridiculous Eve, Jen is only trying to help you if the shoe was on the other foot would you want her disrespecting you everytime she see you? Jen is a grown woman and you and nobody else have any business putting there hands on her. VH1 just stop it.

24. SassyAssTJ says:

SO WHAT!!! I quit watching this show when I saw the previews of the season.

25. og says:

Who gives a damn

26. purple angel says:

Good luck may GOD bless this marriage.

27. shaeon c says:

hi thats great ! yes ur right its going tobe along summer . ithink they make a good couple . as lo
    ng as they try and comit to the 50 50 ! theyshould be o kay.

28. lady D says:

who, gives a damm, grow up and be a role mobel for your daughter, if you can. because right now you act like a women that would do anything for a man. antoine did the right thing by {{[leaving you}}}.

29. well i wish them more than 72 days and hope it is for real and not reality tv.

30. deena says:

Jenn is not a saint, she definitely has her faults and flaws too. I think all of these females are just insecure. They have all been heartbroken, which has caused major emotional problems.
    They are acting out in the worst way. Violence is not a good site to see from these adults with children.

31. cheryl tate says:

I thought she was his grandma can u marry your grandma? oh ya thats right the law states you can if you agree to let your man have other women in your sex life my bad! Happy trails to you n your marital bliss of three somes but remember Grandma Evelyn you did make him agree only the ones you like! Guess your gonna have to leave one important name out of your v ows GOD cause thats not in his rule book oldlady not being a hater the truth is the truth cause Im a g-ma myself!

32. Mike says:

Spare me…

33. TRESSA ELLIS says:

CONGRATULATIONS

34. mary says:

Uummm, not sure what people expected to see….it’s a reality show. The producers know what their doing. They know which ladies to bring around each other, that will spark some ratings to the show. They give you a fat check to act an azz on tv. If they didn’t, the show wouldn’t be interesting. It’s like watching a train wreck that you can’t turn your eyes away from. None of the woman are actually married to a basketball player. Relationships that are played out on tv, do not really last. That is a known fact. This is just entertainment.

35. winnlu says:

NO NO NO,THOSE TWO AREN,T WORTH MY TIME.THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING INSPIRING,NOTHING POSTIVE. EVENLY HAS PROTRAYED HERSELF TO BE A LOOSE FOUL MOUTHED BULLY THAT HASN,T MET HER MATCH. CHAD IS HONEST ABOUT WHO HE IS.A MANHO. THEY ARE NOT ENTERTANING TO ME.

36. NESS says:

Congrats to Ev… You are a beautiful and smart woman…..
    A FAN!!!

37. virginia lewis says:

Ev is so insecure, she needs to have her mouth washed out with soap. And Chad you know you are a big sneak just like Jen stated, you want to get married find yourself a real lady with some CLASS instead of a nasty mouth. I WILL BE WAITING AND WATCHING. TO SEE IF HAPPENS.

38. Boo says:

So yall are getting married on TV……Good luck! you’re going to need it. So lets see Jessica and Nick Lachey got married on TV and was divorced within a few years, Kim K and Kris Humphreys got married on TV lasted 72hrs (Divorced). If you two are really this serious about getting married then go get married WhyTF you have to put in on TV. Trust and believe you will not be married for too long, you’ll be divorced in two weeks. Hey Eve I thought you might have learned your lesson when your ex-fiance’ rolled out on you I mean really, you and Chad don’t know each other that well or that long. You both were just sitting down talking about the women that Chad are friends with or if he will cheat again. Girlfriend you may seem like you have some sense but you don’t. Chad LOVES women and you can not control that. But hey that’s you two…….Good Luck! But I told you so……

39. penski says:

Good luck! they don’t make a great couple. she doesn’t act like a lady but if this is what he wants well congrats to them!

40. Andrea says:

What a joke! These two deserve each other but it won’t last! I give them a year or two at the most.
    And Shaunie should be ashamed of herself promoting this mess of a show. All she does is constantly get these women, who she knows have issues with one another, together just so they can end up wanting to fight each other. She’s nothing but an instigator promoting violence among women! I guess she figures she has to make her own money the best way she knows how.

41. clarissa says:

VH1 SUCKS AND SO DOES EVELYN’S WHORISH A$$ AND OCHO’S ATTENTION HUNGRY A$$!

42. Francine Davis says:

I think I will watch the wedding. I like weddings. I don’t think I will be watching the series. I just don’t care for the way Ev protrays women. NO CLASS what so ever

43. THEY WON,T MAKE IT TILL SEPTEMBER!

44. Sisters says:

I do not feel that Chad is thinking with his head right now. The good thing I can say about Chad is that he is being honest with Evelyn about his sex life. He has made it known on National TV that he will sex-up other females (with or without her). What I do not understand is why Chad would marry such a horrible woman. Is it because he knows a REAL woman would not tolerate his cheating?
    Because, Evelyn has done everything that an intelligent, self-respectful REAL woman would never, ever, ever, ever do.

Chad & Evelyn’s marriage will be a total failure and it will be extremely unhealthy for the babies they claim they want to have. Evelyn is already suffering psychologically and she is an embarrassment to her beautiful daughter.

45. sanya says:

Why would Chad allow his daughter to interact with a female with such a contaminated personality? Evelyn is not a mother figure for her own daughter, she is definitely not a mother figure for a stepdaughter. If Chad wants to put up with Evelyn’s destructive qualities is one thing. However, for him to expose his daughter to such an unhealthy and foul female is a very different situation. Chad should ease his daughter into the relationship with Evelyn, because if their relationship do not last, this can have a negative affect on his daughter. Because we know, Evelyn is sucking up to Chad’s daughter every chance she gets, hoping this will help get Chad under her wings. Who is paying Tami & Evelyn to approve or disapprove of the other female cast members? These two evil females do not have the intelligence to place judgment on a dog.

46. jackson l says:

I enjoy the show And I also Thinks Its A great Ideal to create another show for Ev and Ocho I feel like this will be very interesting. And for the other comments just do not watch since you are so negative.

47. KATHYE says:

These three should get married. Have a happy marriage Chad (CHEATER) + Evelyn (ROTTWEILER)+ Tami (PITBULL) = Total Disaster.

48. Sandra says:

This BLOG is for viewers to voice their onions. To be honest without viewers there would be no “BBW REALITY SHOW”. Viewers have the freedom to speak positively and negatively based on what they see and hear as an audience. Unfortunately, Tami presented herself as a racist and made it a racial issue with the comments she made to Kesha. Be it intended or not intended, it was sinful, uncivil, foul, uncalled-for, rude and very nasty. The dinner in the last episode was a complete mess. Evelyn and Tami set this trap up to verbally attack Kesha. Tami and Evelyn not only offended Kesha, they also offended thousands of viewers across the globe with their spitefulness. Tami & Evelyn are so dramatic and over the top with disrespect for themselves and everybody around them.

49. Michelle says:

Can I say Chad is whipped!!! This girl is as fake as a $3.00 bill and so thirsty for a man with money she’ll do whatever it take to get him. After seeing the show and her agreeing with Chad if he decide to bring a 3rd party into their bedroom made me lose all respect for her and confirm my theory that she will be anybody girl if the price is right. No wonder Antoine left her! Well maybe I won’t make a difference but I certainly won’t be watching that bull on my t.v.

50. Michelle says:

Speaking of BBW, when did Tami and Evelyn become such good friends again? Last season she was going for blood with Evelyn and now she’s trying to emulate her every way she can. I don’t understand or maybe its just for ratings. I’m just glad she kinda stepped up her clothing and hair game. I don’t care for the ghetto show anymore!

51. PAULINE says:

Tami and Evelyn are not BULLIES. They are WANNABE BULLIES. WANNABE BULLIES always needs a crowd around to act out their hurt, because it makes them feel important and powerful. WANNABE BULLIES is someone that is suffering psychologically; they blame everybody for their past bad choices and past failures. WANNABE BULLIES always sneaks up and attack those that are a threat (mainly people they cannot scare). WANNABE BULLIES goes around destroying relationships and friendships with false-hearted plots. WANNABE BULLIES always pretend to be in high spirits, physically powerful, unafraid, tough, and can handle anybody, can handle anything and can handle any situation at any given time. WANNABE BULLIES silently agree and enjoys others gossip, backbiting, and hostility. In reality behind closed doors, WANNABE BULLIES are very unhappy people, they are miserable, they are rundown, they cry uncontrollably and they struggle with major heartache. WANNABE BULLIES does not want anybody around them to be happy.

52. KAYJ says:

OMG! These females drink and fight everywhere place they go. They will eventually need AA. We have enough wars going on around the world. People getting hurt every second. Stop the violence, end the violence now. If these females want to fight, they are in the wrong profession. They should become wrestlers and boxers. VH1 STOP THE MADNESS AND END THE VIOLENCE.

53. DeDe says:

Really?????????? I don’t like this female one bit, she’s just a money hungry do whatever it takes to make the money. Believe me boo i ain’t hating one bit. I’m all about lifting sisters up and not making myself look stupid like you. I’ll be glad when this season is over and hopful you won’t be back next season Evelyn, cause i definitely will not be watching show with you and chad i mean what kind of show can you all be doing. I mean what him buying you a car and you doing whatever it takes to keep him, that man ain’t bit more ready to be married than a man on the moon. I just want to sit back with everyone else and see how this unfolds ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

54. ERICA says:

I do support Open Marriages, but Chad Ochocinco ought to have much appreciation for his honesty. This young man confessed to his wannabe wife, his sexual desires for other women, outside of their relationship (before marriage and after marriage). Now if his wannabe wife accepts his disloyal before and after marriage, who are we to be upset with them. Everybody knows open marriages are destructive and are not everlasting. Are they the first couple to test the waters of unfaithfulness before and after marriage? The answer is no. Chad only made it known on National TV, while millions of other couples do not.

55. TAKE IT TO THE LEGAL LEVEL (make them pay) says:

Evelyn is not picking on Jennifer, she is flat out harassing Jennifer. My advice to Jennifer and Kesha would be to get a third party/legal assistance involved, before Evelyn & Tami provokes them into a physical altercation. Jennifer and Kesha should stay clear of Evelyn & Tami let them talk as much trash as they like. However, if they attempt to take it to a physical level, file a lawsuit fast-, quick- in a hurry. The same holds true for Kasha’s issue with Tami. If VH1 will not and cannot take care of the criminal behavior from Tami & Evelyn, make them pay. Jennifer and Kesha, your supporters/viewers already know that that Tami & Evelyn do not frighten you. This matter is not about fear. This is a matter of making your self-respect, moral fiber, and professional career a top priority. Hit those criminals’ pockets; make them pay you a salary for their physical attacks and harassment.

56. SHAYLA says:

@TAKE IT TO THE LEGAL LEVEL (make them pay) — fantastic post and great advice on how to handle being BULLIED in a professional manner. JENNIFER, KESHA, and ROYCE this is great advice for the three of you. There are laws against BULLYING in the workplace, exercise your rights. IIf VH1 cannot address the verbal attacks, defamation of character, and harassment (unlawful activity) then you three take it to a legal level. Your have all the proof you need in your hands, it is televised (National TV). Now the three of you take it to the legal level. The Social Networks are proof as to who are the BULLIES/criminals on BBW. Your supporters and viewers are in your corner, all the way to the courtroom.

57. APOLOGY FROM TAMI & EVELYN says:

KESHA, JENNIFER, ROYCE – Do not need an apology from Tami & Evelyn for saying what was truly on their cold-hearts and idiotic minds. Tami & Evelyn have done enough damage to themselves with their hateful behavior and offensive verbal attacks. The only thing KESHA, JENNIFER, ROYCE really need from Too Tall Tami & EVIL EVELYN, is fo them to stay in their own little miserable world. KESHA, JENNIFER, ROYCE keep smiling. Give Tami & Evelyn your support by issuing your signatures of approval for their NON-EXISTENCE. Tami & Evelyn cannot and will never be able to survive in KESHA, JENNIFER, ROYCE’s classy and successful world.

58. Rozy Ro says:

I cant wait!

59. Shstarlight says:

This shows something is wrong with Evelyn. This shows she’s desperate to marry somebody. I would not marry me who came straight out and told me that they are going to cheat on me. What the hell?!!

60. dehope says:

she wouldn’t be marring my son cating like she mentally disturbed, and he needs to think 4,5,6,7,8, 9,10 times before he jumps on the mental wagon, really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

61. jnette007@hotmail.com says:

It is so sad that we as women have to continue to be subjected to the behavior of Evelyn and Tammy. I would like to go on the record to say that this is not the typical behavior of women, especially black women. It is truly sad what poeple will do for money. Evelyn has acted like the gutter rat that she is so that she could gain her own show. Tammy is doing the same so that she can also be successful in the same way. Tammy did host a show for VH-1 in the past and she wants more. It is strange that we never see the more honest classy women being allowed to be successful from thei presence on this show. Negative behavior increase ratings. To reward both Evelyn and Tammy for being ignorant bullies iis a slap in the face for women of color.I cannot continue to support this behavior that is being portrayed. It is not ok to bully people like Tammy does and the violence and bullying that Evelyn does. It is sad that VH-1 does not care what we the paying customer think of this show. As for Shaune, I did have respect for her until I see and feel that she is afraid to stand up for what is right. I wonder if she is ok with her daughter watching this behavior. These women have lost sight of the fact that they all have daughters. VH-1, thanks for all of the positive entertainment that you have provided over the years, but this is where I get off and refuse to support Evelyn and Chad’s new up and comming show and any future episodes of basket ball wives. We the fans will make a difference by continuing to stick together on this issue of not supporting you and your sponsers. Jnette

62. Donald writght says:

I won’t be watching, period. I wish them well, but I really have too much respect for women to accept there are creatures in the world like Evelyn.

63. Lisa says:

I will not support such a horrible display of women. I am extremely disturbed with the content of this and several other shows. VH1 should be ashamed of itself!!!!!!!!!!

64. Nique says:

I WILL NOT BE WATCHING THAT MESS! I HOPE HE SEE HER FOR WHO SHE REALLY IS. PEACE OUT…….