Royce Reed Recaps Episode 5 Of Basketball Wives: “HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO GET HIT BY A CLUTCH PURSE??”

It’s time once again to welcome Royce Reed back to the blog so she can tell it like it is. For the past two seasons of Basketball Wives, Royce has recapped every episode, all the highs and lows, and given us her completely honest and unfiltered opinion. We’re thrilled to have her back for season four.
OK HERE WE GO!!! AGAIN, THIS IS MY BLOG AND I SAY WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT AND HOW I WANT. IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT DON’T READ IT.
I know its a bit late but, hey, I’ve been really busy…I do work lol. This blog is pretty easy and straight to the point. Nothing really happened, drama-wise so there is no real “Ooooooh chiiiilllleee” moments to write about…well, until the end.

In the beginning of this episode we see Shaunie, Evelyn and Tami sitting down for another round of drinks and discussing the confrontation she and Evelyn had with Kesha. I’m so happy it was noticed by the two how Kenya was seemingly enjoying the fact Kesha was getting told off. I’m also going to apologize for saying Evelyn was trying to start drama. After watching the conversation last week between her and Kesha, she didn’t seem to be starting drama, but I still wish she hadn’t gone back to Tami without telling her she was. But that’s my opinion and that’s how I handled it so I’m not being a hypocrite. I was kind of under the impression Shaunie felt Tami took it too far but never said it. Her facial expressions seemed to express that, but maybe it was just me. I hope Tami and Kesha can eventually talk it out but if not, I’m sure neither really care at this point. When the subject of Shaunie’s birthday party and who was invited came up I knew there was going to be some side-eyes for Jennifer. Although we all knew there would be some drama, it’s good Shaunie didn’t pick sides in choosing between Evelyn and Jennifer. As I stated a season or two ago, if you don’t have a problem with either party, invite them both and let them decide if they choose to show up or not. Keeps your hands clean. But like Tami expressed in her confessional, I’m sure a lot of viewers were hoping something popped off and had their popcorn bucket ready.

Moving on…
Lets just give it up for scenes that weren’t in a restaurant eating and drinking or in a store shopping!!!!!!
North Carolina was a lot of fun. That’s what it’s all about and I wish we could do more of that with my other cast members, but I don’t know if I can see Evelyn or Shaunie on an ATV hahaha! I enjoyed feeding the chickens, riding the ATVs and even roller skating although they didn’t show it.I’m happy I got to learn a lot more about Kesha and where she came from. I’m sure it’s hard growing up biracial and then not being able to knowor be a part of half your culture.Realizing exactly what she went through made me understand why Kesha is so sensitive about her roots and upbringing. Her family was a lot of fun and the pictures were classic. I still can’t get the picture with the big hair out of my mind. Too funny.

I did clear this picture with Kesha before I posted it.

Sidenote:
Jenn, there are bougie country girls. That statement was a bit much and I’m sure a lot of people in the Carolinas aren’t feeling you right now. Not sure if you watch RHOA but Phaedra is the epitome of a bougie country girl…love herrrrr!!!

I was happy things were cleared up between Jenn and Tami in reference to her lipstick launch. Doesn’t seem to be any love lost so at least no one is choosing sides in terms of who will remain friends with Jenn vs. Evelyn due to the drama ensuing between the two. I nor Kesha was invited to the lip gloss launch or Shaunie’s birthday party so that’s why we weren’t there. Kesha and I were probably on the beach somewhere just having fun.

Next the conversation I had with Tami shows the strength in our friendship. Although Tami is upset with me presently, I don’t think it’s that serious. I came to her and expressed my feelings. If we are friends, I should be able to talk to her about any and everything including when I think she’s wrong. The conversation didn’t seem togo anywhere but I didn’t leave with scars and bruises so it still went well. It’s good to be able to agree to disagree, laugh it up and go to Lario’s for some ceviche right after.

Now enough of the cookie cutter stuff…It’s time to discuss The Birthday Dinner…dun dun dunnnn
OMG! First of all who let Evelyn have all those shots of liquid courage??? Y’all know how things get when people get a few drinks in them. This whole dinner was a mess. From the toast Kenya didn’t need to give to the second toast Evelyn gave slurring her words. I’m just shocked that they did all this in Phillipe Chow! But seriously though, did Jenn call Evelyn a bird? Did Evelyn tell Jenn to take the contacts out her face???? LMAO “I can’t” No, it wasn’t the time or the place to have all this drama but it was funny! When the yelling started it was definitely time to leave…BUT not without a memorable exit. All I have to say is HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO GET HIT BY A CLUTCH PURSE???Never turn or keep your back turned to an enemy…and you damn sure don’t stay sitting when they’re standing up coming towards you. We need to get Jenn is some basic self defense classes. I’m going to need her to at least learn how to bob and weave…just sayin…

Now I’m going to rewind a bit to the Suzie statement. Yes, she had some drinks but that statement thanking Shaunie for our bank accounts was unecessary. Tami wasn’t upset about her making reference to the food stamps, she was upset about the meaning behind the statement. I was taken a lil’ aback also. The statement was meant to be for the entire cast so I was also a little offended although I wasn’t there. Maybe that’s where her main source of income comes from, but I believe we all have other business ventures that were keeping our heads above water before this show. Evelyn was wearing red bottoms before this show, Jenn had her Birkin purses before this show, Tami was getting her residuals from all the sitcoms she’s been on and I owned my house, car, had my dance company, my book, etc. before this show. I’m not sure what Suzie was doing, but yes the check we get from this show is a nice supplement but its DEFINITELY NOT all we have. Hell, if that’s the case maybe we all need to start throwing drinks to make sure the checks keep coming. With that I end this blog. Holla! Im outtie!!!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Roycelr
Follow my company Fantashique on Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/Fantashique
Join my Facebook Fanpage:http://www.facebook.com/RoyceReed
Order my book: College Girls on Amazon
[Photos: Royce Reed/Cody Bess]

1. Dc says:

Royce I’ve truly grown to love you…keep up the good work. And I LOVE your hair this season! *no shade* but you don’t look like a little girl anymore… LOVE YOU AND YOUR REALNESS!

2. QUEENY says:

Royce, now that you have cleared the air with the Tami issue, please move on. It is only a matter of seconds before Tami turn against you once again. Tami & Evelyn are not very happy about you and Suzie hanging out with Kesha. We are happy you had a good time with Kesha, but we have absolutely no comment about Suzie. Suzie was only there, to gather gossip for Shaunie, Tami, Evelyn, and Kenya. First of all Tami & Evelyn drink zero alcohol, because of their mental instability. Shaunie did not invite Royce and Kesha mainly because she knew Tami & Evelyn would have a problem with it. However, Shaunie so happen to invite Jennifer, knowing Evelyn would try to attack her. This was a setup and trap. Shaunie needs to straighten up her devious act. The viewers are aware of Shaunie’s hidden insecurities and flaws. Money cannot make them disappear.

3. steph says:

On regards to Jenn’s comment as well: “id rather be bougie than country” ….you probably are one of the few. Im from dallas texas but lived for a lot of my life in a small town and i would consider myself country and i am definitely glad i am. You dont hear “southern hospitality” for nothing. We have a better sense of what FAMILY means, morals, and to be appreciative of all the small things rather than being bougie or materialistic.

4. QUEENY says:

CLASSY LADIES NOT INVITED— Royce, now that you have cleared the air with the Tami issue, please move on. It is only a matter of seconds before Tami turn against you once again. Tami & Evelyn are not very happy about you and Suzie hanging out with Kesha. We are happy you had a good time with Kesha, but we have absolutely no comment about Suzie. Suzie was only there, to gather gossip for Shaunie, Tami, Evelyn, and Kenya. First of all Tami & Evelyn should drink zero alcohol, because of their mental instability. Shaunie did not invite Royce and Kesha mainly because she knew Tami & Evelyn would have a problem with it. However, Shaunie so happen to invite Jennifer, knowing Evelyn would try to attack her. This was a setup and trap. Shaunie needs to straighten up her devious act. The viewers are aware of Shaunie’s hidden insecurities and flaws. Money cannot make them disappear.

5. ELLEN says:

Royce, we are happy to see you enjoying yourself with Kesha. I truly believe Kesha is sincere and truly like you for you. We are praying for you and Kesha to remain focused, real, classy, and respectful (respect yourself, your family, and your viewers). You and Kesha are gaining a lot of fans and supporters this season. I agree with the other viewers the two of you are very classy ladies. Please dump Suzie, she is only trouble.

6. Yvonne says:

Hey, Royce: I like Phaedra too! Thanks for the post. I’ve really grown to like you and Jen. You guys are survivors of… ‘The Circle” (LOL) The only thing I have to say about Suzie is she seems to get in, where she can fit in…sad. She started out holding her own. I think Evelyn broke her down and snatched away her identity. But keep doing what you do and keep doing you. You and Jen are champions. GB

7. PAULA says:

KESHA & ROYCE, I am totally against violence. However, I am not against someone protecting themselves. People can talk, because they have the freedom of speech. People can talk about you be it true or false, but talk cannot physically harm you. KESHA & ROYCE always remember there is not a law against protecting yourself from physical attacks. Do not allow anyone to physically assault you for any reason. Stay focus, stay alert, and stay aware of your surroundings. We do not seek haters, but haters definitely seek us.

8. Marisa says:

Anybody hits me with anything including a purse would eat that ish like a breakfast at IHOP. If these broads dont like Jen fine leave her the hell alone nobody should be assaulting anybody. Shaunie fake behind needs to quit with the mediator nonsense, fake heffa you invited Jen for the specific purpose for that She-beast to attack her. Also whats this deal that people can talk crap to Jen but she has no right to respond and if she does its OMG Jen is changing how dare she. Damn that Jen let this be your last season with that wack circle. Also Tami is wacker than all of the women you bff with your ex husband jumpoff during the time of your marriage and caled you as the wife a nonfactor. Something tells me with all these Evilyn compliments that Royce is going to be cool with her and if that happens, Royce too will be in the fake bunch she claims she’s not

9. AC18 says:

Well done Royce!! I always liked you and Tami together so I hope this rift is worked out. You two seem like genuine friends who aren’t afraid to voice your opinions. I have liked you from season 1 (even with the dancing by the pool…hey, we’ve all danced on tabletops in our “good body/drinking” days) . I have never understood why these women are so intimidated by you…all of their issues were petty. I am happy that you are shining above all of the shhhhh because you are a cool chick! I also like Keisha. But you and Tami have been my faves!!!
    Thank you for keeping it REAL!

10. Milena Samey says:

Loving those earrings!

11. maderma says:

jenn probably made the, “i’d rather be bougie than country” comment defending being called “bougie”. jenn grew up a certain way and that’s all she knows, keisha grew up in a different way and that’s what she knows. also i think she said “bougie” like it was an insult and maybe jenn was a little insulted. we all say things (much worse than that) when we feel offended.

12. Truth says:

If you always have so many negative things to say about Suzie, why do you continue to be “friends” with her? I have yet to see you write something positive about her.

Also I don’t understand your frustration with what she said at Shaunie’s birthday. From what was shown on the episode, all she said was that the cast has more money now thanks to Shaunie and the show. She didn’t say that’s everyone’s only source of income, nor did she demean anyone or their side projects. It seems like you’re looking for things to nitpick about.

That aside, I respect how you handled the Tami/Kesha situation. I think it’s all really trivial but I like that you made an effort to put Tami in her place. It’s also cool to see that you were so open to Kesha’s lifestyle and you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty.

13. maderma says:

@delredd, jenn probably never had to fight, therefore i’m sure she doesn’t know how. she probaly had people around who knew how to get situations under control and teach people how to resolves issues in non-violent ways. i don’t know what jenn went through growing up so that is only a guess and all black or latina women don’t behave like they were raised by wolves, although you wouldn’t think so looking at tami and evelyn.

14. hollywood!!! says:

stop blaming alcohol for evelyn behaviour…. I feel you guys are friends now… which would be two step backwards….
    Suzie is a nut that talks too much… leave it at that and keep it moving(my new fav phrase cause it is so appropriate when dealing with most)
    Kesha looks like my sis in that pic (and we are not mixed… but you have to love the different shades of us)… down to the outfit too…. love old pics

15. VIOLENCE - ZERO TOLERANCE says:

ZERO TOLERANCE FOR VIOLENCE March 21, 2012 AT 1:40 PM
    VH1 WHERE IS YOUR ZERO TOLERANCE FOR VIOLENCE POLICY? VH1 STOP THE VIOLENCE ON THE SHOW. VH1 PRODUCERS STOP THE VIOLENCE ON THE SHOW. REALITY SHOWS CAN BE VERY SUCCESSFUL AND HAVE HIGH RATINGS WITHOUT VIOLENCE. VH1 & VH1 PRODUCERS PUT THE SAFETY OF YOUR CAST MEMBERS FIRST, AND YOUR RATINGS SECOND. THE VIOLENCE MUST STOP BEFORE SOMEBODY GET HURT BEYOND RECOVERY. IF YOU CAN NOT CONTROL THE VIOLENCE BEHAVIOR FROM TAMI AND EVELYN, KICK THEM OFF THE SHOW. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

16. TAKE IT TO THE LEGAL LEVEL (make them pay) says:

EVELYN is not picking on Jennifer, she is flat out harassing JENNIFER. My advice to JENNIFER & KESHA would be to get a third party/legal assistance involved, before EVELYN & TAMI provokes them into a physical altercation. JENNIFER & KESHA should stay clear of EVELYN & TAMI let them talk as much trash as they like. However, if they attempt to take it to a physical level, file a lawsuit fast-, quick- in a hurry. The same holds true for KESHA’s issue with TAMI. If VH1 will not and cannot take care of the criminal behavior from TAMI & EVELYN , make them pay. JENNIFER & KESHA, your supporters/viewers already know that that Tami & EVELYN do not frighten you. This matter is not about fear. This is a matter of making your self-respect, moral fiber, and professional career a top priority. Hit those criminals’ pockets; make them pay you a salary for their physical attacks and harassment.

17. SHAYLA says:

@TAKE IT TO THE LEGAL LEVEL (make them pay) — fantastic post and great advice on how to handle being BULLIED in a professional manner. JENNIFER, KESHA, and ROYCE this is great advice for the three of you. There are laws against BULLYING in the workplace, exercise your rights. IIf VH1 cannot address the verbal attacks, defamation of character, and harassment (unlawful activity) then you three take it to a legal level. Your have all the proof you need in your hands, it is televised (National TV). Now the three of you take it to the legal level. The Social Networks are proof as to who are the BULLIES/criminals on BBW. Your supporters and viewers are in your corner, all the way to the courtroom.

18. Liz says:

Love you Royce, your the realiest one on this show!!!

19. chrissy says:

Royce I’m liking you more this season but I must say you and Jenn needs to quosh youl all issuses and become friends again. The ONLY

20. URSULA says:

ROYCE, we love your mature look this season . KESHA, we love your accent. The two of you presents yourselves as mature, sexy, and intelligent ladies. Stay real. Keep working on your friendship, we think you will develop a true sister-like relationship. Royce can teach Kesha streets sense, and Kesha can teach Royce business sense.

21. sara campbell says:

Royce is a classice member of the BW, and I hope you stay that way. Suzie is crazy, stay friends with caution, and I like Keisha also.

If you are going to change Royce, only get better.

22. Tee says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Royce!!! Tami is one of my favs too, she may be a bully in other’s eyes but the woman has been through some things. I respect how she holds things down for her daughters and herself. I just hope that her being with Evelyn doesn’t change her to the core. I think she has better sense than that cause she seems to be REAL. For Jen to always act like she is upper class, she sure is lacking brains. She is one of the most ignorant sounding bougie chicks I’ve ever heard speak. Somebody get her some english classes pronto!!!! Hearing her talk is sooooo annoying. Kesha seems cool and I don’t blame her for not wanting to be part of the madness. Kenya needs to STOP IT LIKE LAST MONTH!!! Absolutely can’t stand her she’s a get with and she looked ridiculous laughing while Tami dealt with Kesha. Please believe, Tami will get in her A too with the quickness. Shaunie is okay in my book. She is just doing what she needs to do as the leader of the pack, it’s not her fault if someone shows out in the end cause everybody should be responsible for their own actions. Once again, LOVE LOVE LOVE Royce, that woman speaks her mind and stands her ground!!

23. Tee says:

Oh I forgot, Suzie. But…. no I didn’t bc there’s nothing to say about messy, gossiping, tripple sided ppl like her except BYE!!!

24. jackieGMAIL says:

THE SHOULD CALL THE SHOW “BY” ITS GIVEN … REAL LIFE STYLE OF A BLACK GOLD DIGGERS” or “HOW TO MAKE A BLACK WOMEN LOOK LIKE STUPID”and the people who let us…just for 15 mins of fame

25. HEARTLESS says:

KESHA,JENNIFER, & ROYCE stay focus. Enjoy your roles on BBW to the fullest. We wish you much success. Our advice to you is that TAMI & EVELYN can buy all the external beauty in the world (head to toe), but they can never buy internal beautfy of CLASS, INTELLIGENCE, and a CARING HEART.

26. APOLOGY FROM TAMI & EVELYN says:

KESHA, JENNIFER, ROYCE – Do not need an apology from Tami & Evelyn for saying what was truly on their cold-hearts and idiotic minds. Tami & Evelyn have done enough damage to themselves with their hateful behavior and offensive verbal attacks. The only thing KESHA, JENNIFER, ROYCE really need from Too Tall Tami & EVIL EVELYN, is fo them to stay in their own little miserable world. KESHA, JENNIFER, ROYCE keep smiling. Give Tami & Evelyn your support by issuing your signatures of approval for their NON-EXISTENCE. Tami & Evelyn cannot and will never be able to survive in KESHA, JENNIFER, ROYCE’s classy and successful world.

27. Sherri says:

LOVE the class act you are. VH1…please keep Royce and Keisha and take OUT the TRASH…TAMI AND EVELYN!!

28. TiffyB says:

Royce I love everything you just blogged. It is all so true. You are so much more mature than your co-host, and they are all older. Guess that goes to show that just because you mature in age doesn’t mean you mature in actions. Evelyn is just jealous that Jenn is movong on with her life, and doesn’t need a man to validate her. Yes Jenn can be alittle annoying at times, but hell Evelyn is annoying all the time with her I think I’m the baddest chick. Sorry Evelyn Trina wasn’t speaking about you when she wrote that song. Sit your I need a man behind down somewhere with all that fake mess. Shaunie is in no ways a mediator she stirs the shyte up, and when your stir it up it will stank. She is a undercover mess starter. Tami seems to roll whatever way the wind is blowing when she is not under the influence but after that it a hurrican, tornato, flood, and tsunammi all rolled in one. Suzie needs to go home and get a life. She just messy. Kesha is a cool chick, and Kenya is a hot mess. Keep doing you Royce. You are true woman.

29. Tashon says:

Yes, its all true Royce! I am so happy that you have a genuine friend like Kesha to tape with and will just warn u to be careful of Suzie…………she’s definitely one that cannot be trusted as she doesn’t have a loyal bone in her body. I am glad that u and Tami have been able to resolve the Kesha issue between the two of u and maybe Tami will see later that she could have been wrong for the way that she treated her. Clearly Kesha is intimidated by her hence the reason that she talked to Evelyn first. Congratulations for all that you have accomplished! Chomping at the bit to find out who makes up with you this season. Have a feeling its Evelyn or Jenn.

30. Qc says:

Royce i love u in this season show , keep doing u, stay focus and positive. I cant wait for someone to put a beatting on Evelyn and Tami they think that they can bully all de girls , I cant belive that Evelyn hit Jen , Jen need to slap a lawsuit in her ass ,

31. Choc says:

Royce, you always keep it 100. You look great this season. Ev is jealous of you and Jen because you are both college educated, independent women. She’s feeling rejected because Jen kicked her to the curb just like you. She thought Jen was going to be making over her ring and kissing her booty because she found another athlete to “pay the bills”. She’s the bum!

32. Toya says:

#TeamRoyce..

33. Beyoncca says:

Kesha’s full of crap. Kesha claims she doesn’t like women who fight and curse, yet their she is on next weeks episode telling Evelyn that “Kenya siad you were loose”. If you don’t like violence then why tell the most violent castmember some he said/she said knowing that could potentially lead to violence. I see right through Kesha.

34. NOT FOR ME DOT COM says:

I think that evelyn is a bully and always start with women that appear weak. You see how the beef between her and Tammy was squashed so quickly? Royce, I’ve admired you from the beginning. You’re not afraid to speak your mind and willing to back it up! Keep it up girl! LOVE YA!!!

35. LINDA says:

Jennifer, I would suggest you catch Evelyn all alone, without her gangsters. I bet you will see a very different Evelyn. I can remember when Tami went to her business to confront her one-on-one about their beef. Evelyn was all agreeable, and understandable.

Evelyn feels that you are afraid of her because you do not act like an alley cat or an untamed animal. However, a woman to woman face-to-face just might resolve the matter. Second suggestion, is to let her run her mouth and make a slip by attacking you again. Put in to place your self-defense and hire a lawyer. Make her put you on her payroll, without having to work for it.

36. Bianca says:

Royce thanks for keeping it real. The ladies can really learn from you. And if Tami is upset with you then she is not really your friend. Wrong is wrong and I am sooooooo glad you told her she was wrong. As for Suzie, I could never and would never want to be around a person like her. She has alot of growing up to do. IMMATURE! IMMATURE! And also not that bright.

37. SUNSHINE49 says:

HI, ROYCE I JUST LOVE TO READ YOUR BLOG EVERY WEEK. CAUSE YOU TELL IT LIKE IT REALLY IS. I REALLY HOPE THAT YOU AND TAMI CAN BE COOL AGAIN AND I HOPE THAT YOU AND EVELYN CAN BE FRIENDS AGAIN. I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY IT SO MUCH DAM HATE. YOU ARE A VERY SWEET YOUNG LADY I HOPE THAT YA. ALL CAN JUST GET ALONE I GUESS THEY HAD TO BRING ANOTHER LADY IN ALL THIS MESS. I GUESS IF SOMEBODY DIDN’T ACT A DAM FOOL YA. CHECK WILL STOP SO KEEP ON MAKING THE MONEY. GREAT BLOG ROYCE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AM GLAD THE WAY YOU SAID YOU WAS SORRY ABOUT SAYING WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT EVELYN. GREAT JOB JUST KEEP ON BEING YOU. AND KEEP UP THE JOB A JOB WELL DONE AND ROYCE YOU CAN ONLY BE YOU SO KEEP YOU HEAD UP. I FEEL LIKE YOU AND EVELYN CAN BECOME FRIEND AGAIN. STOP ALL THE FIGHTING YOU HAVE YOUNG GIRLS WATCHING YOU LOVE YOU ROYCE FROM ONE OF TRUE YOUR FANS FROM (MIAMI).

38. Rose says:

Royce I loved you from day one!!! I love the way you are honest about your feelings and you do it with such power; no fear, I love it. Your blog sum it up for real. Evelyn needs to grow up. My thing is how can you love a person one minute and then the next minute you wnat to hurt them. Jen did not steal from her or harm her child so for real why is Evelyn so mad at Jen. Evelyne is fake and she knows it. She hard said things in teh pass about Eric and Jen did not get all violent. Jen needs to pay Evelyn no mind and stop going word for word with her, she have nothing to prove to anyone regarding showing any gangster. Much Love and Blessings

39. valerie says:

Evelyn has not step to the right person, because in the real world , She would get her ass kicked quick and in a hurry. So I guess that why its made for tv.

40. monique says:

i know i miss spelled some words but lawd i i was so anxious to post i didnt thik about going back to ccorrect anything but i hope everyone get the pic …..evelyn is jealous of black women and mad at the world because no man wants her …..not even her daddy.

41. Tmeekie says:

I wander why do everybody keeps telling susie anything she is were all the trouble starts I wish somebody put her on blast she is nobody’s friend with that fake attitude, really she is scared of everybody to except the one she should be afraid of, kenya she is the one who can fight.