Jennifer Graziano Talks About The Big Ang Spinoff, Mob Wives Chicago, And Changes To The Original Show

Jennifer Graziano Mob Wives
Season two of Mob Wives (original flavor) is winding down, with the final part of the reunion set to air on Sunday night at 8 p.m. ET/PT, and Mob Wives Chicago will kick into full gear when it premieres on June 10 at 8 p.m. That means that show creator Jennifer Graziano will barely get any vacation time this summer (she also has Big Ang‘s spinoff in the pipes). Graziano spoke to The Hollywood Reporter recently to talk about all three shows, the casting process, and what’s next for our favorite ladies. Here are some of the highlights of the interview, which can be read in full here.

On casting Big Ang and her rise to fame: I did know going into this that Big Ang was a star. I’ve known her since I was a kid, and I always had her in mind, but what I wanted to do was build the brand around the initial four women who had real close, authentic relationships…And I think from a casting perspective, you always want to have something up your sleeve for the following season. Ang was my magic trick.

On why she chose Chicago for her next show: Even though Chicago is one of America’s major cities, it’s still is very much Midwestern. There’s that kind of laid back feel with the women. Although their mindset and their values and their “mob mentalities” are very much the same as New York, they just live their life a little bit slower and a little less aggressively. But for the most part, in terms of their beliefs and those “everybody keep your mouth shut” type of values, they’re very much the same…I just wanted to go next to a city that had that big mob backdrop — the history that’s somewhat still alive.

On making changes to the original show: Like I said, I always have something up my sleeve and I always want to be able to pepper something in so I’m thinking maybe. I’m not saying the original cast will change but there may be some addition.

On her plans to branch out into scripted series:Right now I’m in development on a series that is… I don’t want to say a spin-off, but it’s a “What happened before they were mob wives.” It’s set when they where 19-20 years old and what was going on in those days. I have a couple of other scripted projects in development as well.

On what we can expect from the Big Ang spinoff: There’s going to be a couple of characters added to her show that are really going to make a splash. So I think that this show is going to be much different than Mob Wives in the sense that it’s going to be a lot more lighthearted and a lot more colorful and fun. Given the circumstances of what’s been going on with Mob Wives and the intensity, I’m looking forward to some of that colorfulness.

[Photo: Getty Images]

1. Mobwives Fan says:

Can’t wait for Big Ang spin-off. Love the original cast of Mobwives, so I hope that doesn’t change. Wishing you all the best!

2. Michellenyc says:

Jen, you are a genius. I absolutely love your show. Keep keeping it real. You deserve all the best.

3. jenn T says:

Hello to Jennier,,, im not one to ever ever write or post or comment on anything..but i must say..for the first time Ever, MobWives is the show that has got me sooo hooked and involved,interested,sitting on the edge of seat to watch ever sunday nite…i can’t help but feel compelled to actually write on one of these sites..lol lol Just want to say i love the show, of course i hv lots more i could say here, but i wont..im reading for the first time of the spin offs, and of the possible show of the mobwives before they were MW’s..i think that would be sooo awesome. i want to see more of that..im jst so interested in the whole lifestyle,,im jst curious though…How is it these ladies all have homes, cars, money, but all the guys are in jail,,,or have died. Wondering if it’s all “OLD MONEY”…LOL
    WELL THANK YOU FOR READING..if anyone does.

4. Tess says:

I’d like to see the original boardwalking ladies move into their future on a positive path. rattttmona stagnates the attempts for everyone to do so. Where’s the petition for NO ratttmona ON SEASON THREE!!!

5. Lisa says:

This show is scripted. All of a sudden this season everybody is so tough. Like Karen =, She was OBVIOUSLY told to be tougher this season-OBVIOUS-And the camara catching them smiling before some big fight-karen with carla-she smiled before and after she was laughing nervously. drita dmiling waitng for Karen. And the big one-different nail polish color for Renee. I love this show, i do, I just dont like my intelligence being insulted

6. aldrid says:

I know you can do it Jennifer!

7. RamonaMustDie! says:

Just a taste of all of the viewers that want you to >> KiCK RaMoNA to The CuRb!!! <<
    I could get for you plenty more!!!!!!

Lisa T May 11, 2012 at 4:25 pm
    I think that as long as Ramona stays out of it Karen and Drita can be civil to one another.

Nicole RealityTV May 12, 2012 at 12:14 am
    I think Drita KILLED it when she rapped, she really has talent. Definitely Ramona Needs to Stay Out of it at this point. Ramona is just getting way too involved.

Tess May 12, 2012 at 2:53 pm
    Ratmona NEEDS to get off the show! No purpose except to keep the women from moving on in a positive manner; with or without each other as acquaitances. looin forward to tomorrow nights episode. HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO THE WIVES I LOVE!!!

Sophia May 13, 2012 at 3:17 pm
    Seems Ramona’s only agenda on the show is to be the biggest bully. Her ferociously protective stranglehold on Karen is psychotic! Especially since Karen’s a grown woman who’s proven she’s quite capable of handling her own. Reminds of of a pitbull–hardwired to focus on Guarding (Karen) & Killing (Drita)!! She needs to take charge of her own life & leave Karen’s to Karen–She also needs to keep Drita’s name out of her mouth if she doesn’t like her, why does she waste time talking about her? Kinda sick–she should stick to talking about her own life!

Sophia May 13, 2012 at 3:30 pm
    Renee~my heart goes out to you & your son.<3 You've had such a hard life & seems it's not getting any easier. I pray that the relief you so deservedly need, which will ultimately allow you to find your peace & happiness, will come your way much much sooner than later. ~<3
    ~Love to you Renee–May God bless you & make you feel his love!!<3

Sharon May 14, 2012 at 2:16 am
    I loved this show and downloaded all the music and everything!! BUT I am ready to quit watching now because of Ramona what a joke this woman is and a train wreck!! Love this show will quit watching because of her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa T. May 14, 2012 at 11:09 am
    Glad that Karen and Drita have made peace. Ramona isn’t too happy about it. You could see it in her face. Hopefully Ramona won’t be a part of this show next time around.

Toni May 14, 2012 at 3:51 pm
    Glad to see that Drita and Karen made up, that is a good thing and it’s good for their daughters to see and move on to better things in life. Now, as for Ramona, I can see that she seem jealous of the whole thing, but then again I think she might be scare or afraid that something might happen, not that she is right only that she might feel that way and of course she has her own issue with Drita, which I feel she and Drita can squash it or duke it out themselves without anyone around, just let them talk it out scream it out just let it out and everyone will see what is the truth and what is not and from there all will be handled the way it is suppose to be, it just have to be handled by them with no one around butting in, but it can be done and no they won’t be best friends, but they can both be in the same room and be cordial, and that would be cool. I hope that all can get along or even be cordial when are all in same room together, that’s all. To all the women on the show, you are all wonderful. Thank you all for sharing your lives with us, some of us are going through our own issues and thank you because I needed some time without thinking of my own issue and being so depressed about it, but seeing all of you and seeing how and what has been going on in your lives, and seeing our women being strong it gives me hope, so thank you all for that.

Peace & Love
    Toni

Monique May 14, 2012 at 6:16 pm
    I love this show! I have been on Team Drita since the beginning. Karen doesn’t have thoughts of her own; she has to have people tell her what to say, do or think. Karen is just Ramona’s puppet.

I do love this show but I’m really leaning towards not continuing to watch it anymore…unless they just all together get rid of Ramona. She strives for the drama, the petty drama, and thinks her s_ _ _ don’t stink! She needs to have an intervention or be admitted into an institute. The girl has issues. Yes, it makes for good TV but there’s only so much of the same thing you can take week after week. It’s like watching the same episode over and over again if it weren’t for the rest of the awesome woman on the show.

May May 14, 2012 at 8:07 pm
    I love the show, but please -does Karen have to get so dramatic over everything and can’t she see that Romona is toxic?? Karen needs to lighten up and stop being a drama queen. Romona needs to get off the show and stop with the botox-her face is frozen.

Dritia is my girl. She is real, focused on taking her life to another level and protecting her children. Karen and Romana are the ones that are jeolous of Dritia, not the other way around-Dritia is doing her thing, they are the ones that can’t stop talking about her. Renee wants to bring all her friends together to support her-somethings are not possible. Renee needs to leave it alone, Dritia and Karen will work it out if the opportunity presents it-not because Renee wants it. Sometimes, Renee-it’s not all about you! You run the risk of losing 2 friends instead of having 2 friends that don’t like each other. Stop being a baby Renee! Carla is right-she is so over the drama-she don’t like them and they don’t like her-done! Big Ang, what can you say-she’s a true friend-she can be friends with everyone and stay out of the drama. As much as I like the show, Karen and Romona bring it down and this will be my last season watching-they are obnoxious.

Tesss May 15, 2012 at 3:04 pm
    I’m still undecided about returning as a fan for the third season.. If ratmona doesn’t return, I’m THERE! I’d like to see season three with all the original, boardwalking Wives thriving and finally coming into their own good fortune, removing all negative forces keeping them from being the best women they’ll ever be. NO RAMONA

8. skeetsmcgee says:

lookin forward to mobwives chicago and big ang’s show…cant wait to meet the new people that will be on with big ang. the MW Chicago cast looks great, interesting people, interesting history….lovin the mob wives!

9. Fiani says:

Get yo money Jen!!!

10. S.o.S says:

Well I hope big Ang’s show is better than Chicago Mob Wives!! Thus far it’s like reliving High School!! They’re attempting to draw you in with the same stories which were shared by the original cast of Mob Wives, but lack any true substance. HS cat fights have lost their appeal as soon as we all ventured outside of the little worlds we built for ourselves during the K-12 years. Think someone needs to take pitty on these poor clueless women and enlighten them to this fact before they’re 60 & still sporting high school mentalities!!

11. k says:

I read karens book, loved it! Im from the valley, and remember the happenings of Sammy and his family. I would love to have my book signed! Is she making any appearances here in Arizona?

12. Beulah Mayberry says:

I seem to recall a boxer named Rocky Graziano. Is he a relative of Renee. I remember the Italian girls and boys of my high school years in New Jersey. I live in the South now and there are no little Italys down here, no really good pizzas, or subs, no olive tan skin or curly jet black hair, no custom made suits and shoes. I’m not Italian but I really miss it! They don’t even know what antipasta is!!!!