The news of Whitney Houston‘s tragic passing sent shockwaves through the music industry last night. Houston’s legacy as one of the greatest and most popular vocalists of all-time is undeniable, and it will be days, if not weeks, before we’re all able to fully process this awful news.
As a way to pay tribute to Houston’s singular talent, VH1 will be reshuffling our regularly scheduled programming over the next few days. Among the broadcasts, we will be airing the VH1 News special Whitney Houston: Death Of a Diva Monday night at 8 p.m. ET/PT (note that this is at a different time than we previously reported). Here’s a list of all of our coverage in honor of Houston:
- VH1 will be airing a special, one-hour long block of Whitney’s best music videos from 10-11 a.m. and from 3-4 p.m. ET/PT today (Sunday, 2/12). You can also tune into VH1 Soul all weekend long to catch some of Whitney’s most memorable and iconic video moments.
- Monday morning’s edition of Big Morning Buzz Live will provide updates on the tragedy and feature reactions of celebrities attending the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles this evening.
- On Monday, February 13th at 8 p.m. ET/PT, VH1 will premiere a VH1 News special, Whitney Houston: Death Of a Diva, that honors the life and times of Whitney Houston. It will feature the latest updates on events surrounding her death, as well as reactions from attendees at her mentor music mogul Clive Davis’s annual pre-Grammy Awards music industry party, as well as tributes from officials, artists and executives and fans.
- Our latest installment of The Greatest series, the 100 Greatest Women In Music, premieres Monday at 10 p.m. ET/PT. These specials will air each weeknight and will acknowledge the tremendous loss and salute Houston’s legacy and wide-ranging influence.
- VH1 Classic will be airing a 3-hour A to Z Whitney Houston video retrospective on Tuesday at 12:00 p.m. ET/PT and again at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT.
- On Thursday, February 16th, VH1 will debut a new special celebrating Whitney Houston’s legacy, which included appearances on VH1 Divas in 1999 and 2003, as well as VH1 Honors in 1996.
Stay tuned to our new music blog, VH1 Tuner, for more updates on the life and passing of one of the all-time greats, Miss Whitney Houston.